PDA

View Full Version : I am SO pissed at Houseparty!!!

April78945
04-06-2009, 10:12 AM
I applied for the Juicy Juice house party a few weeks ago and just heard back. They said that although I was chosen as a finalist, I didn't set up my party site in time so I am out.

I never got a freaking email to set the site up!!! I went through every email I have gotten since then (in my spam and trash folders as well) and NOTHING. This is the first email I got from them except the "application confirmation" email you get immediatly after you apply. I am SO pissed!

hesnothere
04-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Can you call them? That's a shame, I'm so sorry.

Lild
04-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Sorry April.... I quit messing with Houseparty cuz of junk like that

mabby89
04-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Damn, I would be pissed too. I got in on Werther's HP today. I'm so excited.

ElleGee
04-06-2009, 10:17 AM
UGH that sucks!!!! :hug
That happened to me because I was gone for a night and didn't set up in time... I forget which one it was.. It was a while ago

Kimberly61
04-06-2009, 10:59 AM
that exact same thing happened to me on the clairol house party....I never recieved an invite but got the sorry bs email you got too.

Shann
04-06-2009, 01:16 PM
I can feel your frustration. I've stopped applying alls I get are reject after reject :(

dinosmom
04-06-2009, 01:22 PM
I've had that happen to me a few times too. :(

ilikefree
04-06-2009, 01:33 PM
I had that happen to me for the Star Wars Clone Wars Houseparty. Luckily I didn't tell my son anything about it or he would have been so disappointed.

poggles3
04-06-2009, 01:35 PM
This truly sucks, I got the same email earlier today and immediatly looked in my trash an all thinking how could I have missed this?? Obviously I didnt they just screwed a bunch of people over. Sorry it happened to you as well.

ilovecats
04-06-2009, 06:40 PM
I got into this one but I had the exact same thing happen before for another party.

speedygirl
04-06-2009, 08:02 PM
I had the same thing happen to me with the Carnival Cruise one.That sucks!

sunflowers
04-07-2009, 07:45 AM
I have been turned down for the last 17..I just wrote them an email telling them about how unfair their application selection process is!

Here is the email I got back:

Dear sunflower, This is in reference with your Request Ticket Number:****. Good morning Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent House Party applications. While we understand your frustration, we would like to clarify that our customer service department is neither privy to nor authorized to disclose the individual parameters used by our clients to select host finalists for any given event. Hosting criteria can vary widely from party to party--from geographical location to number and ages of children to buying preferences to requiring members or previous customers to just the opposite--new customers only. As House Party events are becoming increasingly popular with larger and larger pools of applicants, there will consequently be a larger proportion of applicants who are not selected--due to sheer numbers. We are also beginning to make a concerted effort to spread hosting opportunities to a larger number of people--rather than having a smaller group of people hosting parties over and over. I will let you know that as we move in this direction hosting opportunities for repeat hosts will depend increasingly upon the level and depth of online engagement in all aspects of each party--from uploading photos, to blogging to using our online invite tool to manage their guest lists. We truly appreciate your taking the time to share your views, and hope that your disappointment will not discourage you from applying to future House Party promotions. While selection as a host is never guaranteed, we will take your feedback into consideration on future applications. Also, we should note that many of our clients are starting to consider larger promotions, allowing us to accept more hosts. We hope you will continue to apply for parties which are of genuine interest to you and your friends, and wish you the best of luck. Thank you again for your interest in House Party. Please reply back to this email without changing the subject line if you have further clarifications. Sincerely,Consumer Care House Party, Inc. (703) 591-7100

April78945
04-07-2009, 12:15 PM
Well..Im still pissed about the juicy juice one, I did just get in on my very first one!! I was just confirmed for the Dominos one! WOOT

swan0002
04-08-2009, 02:57 AM
I wanted the Dominoes one Sooo bad! Got the email that I was a finalist BUT didn't get to the site in time to set up my party! UGH, lost out again!!

Kimberly61
04-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Beware of the Southbeach diet one....they are sending emails saying you havent invited anyone yet and to do so...then once you do invites it tells you its an after party and you get NOTHING for the party, just online things to do....how cheap and cheesy to do that...there are so many complaints about the southbeach one on the site because of this.

jackie227
04-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Yes I got one of the after party things for southbeach, grrrr.
had already starting setting up the guest list, and sent out 5 invites, before I realized what a waste of time this one will be. So, now I have to contact the guests and tell them never mind.
If i had been an orginal hopst for the other party about Southbeach, I prob would have done this one, but not now.

Jenefer3
04-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Yes I got one of the after party things for southbeach, grrrr.
had already starting setting up the guest list, and sent out 5 invites, before I realized what a waste of time this one will be. So, now I have to contact the guests and tell them never mind.
If i had been an orginal hopst for the other party about Southbeach, I prob would have done this one, but not now.

That's one reason why I don't put anyone's email address in when I do set up a party (plus some hated getting a ton of emails from houseparty). I figure I talk to everyone anyways so I can let them know that way. It still counts if you just put in their name with no email address :) Just enter their name and hit enter.

jackie227
04-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Thnx, I will remember that if I ever get picked to host another one,lol

poggles3
04-08-2009, 12:04 PM
The 2nd wonderful email about SouthBeach After party just came in, lmao I'm so done with houseparty I always uploaded pics and everything they require, used to get in tons of them havent seen anything but cartoon ones in over a year. the only two I got in last year were for cartoon network starwars clonewars an some other one, yea its great for my kids but not worth all this crap anymore!