PDA

View Full Version : New John Rich video

SurferGirl
04-04-2009, 03:37 PM
This seems to say it all about the current problems in our country.

http://www.thefoxnation.com/entertainment/2009/04/03/world-premier-video-country-music-star-john-rich

ElleGee
04-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Good grief.... :eyeroll

atprm
04-04-2009, 04:03 PM
I posted this back in January --

Welcome to Michigan...

we are STILL number 1 for highest unemployment --- 12%
and in the Metro Detroit area (not just downtown Detroit), unemployment is a whopping 20% (numbers as of March 2009)

http://www.bigbigforums.com/news-information/611242-hottest-song-usa-most-requested-nationwide.html?highlight=Shuttin+Detroit

jeanea33
04-04-2009, 05:41 PM
John Rich rocks!!!! His song is coming true. Seen where they might be closing 50 public schools there.

atprm
04-04-2009, 05:52 PM
John Rich rocks!!!! His song is coming true. Seen where they might be closing 50 public schools there.

They are because the school board has been "cooking the books" for years and are in bigger trouble than they first led on to the public.

It's kind of like what they did to Pontiac -- the state of Michigan took over and ousted the entire city government because, they too, were cooking their books.

cSoReNSoN
04-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Good grief.... :eyeroll

I had the misfortune of seeing this guy perform the song during intermission at a Wings game in February. It was awful! :thumpdown:

hotwheelstx
04-04-2009, 06:11 PM
I had the misfortune of seeing this guy perform the song during intermission at a Wings game in February. It was awful! :thumpdown:

Thank you. I can't stand him either. No personality, really not good looking, not entertaining at all.

tngirl
04-04-2009, 07:13 PM
I think it was the TRUTH behind the song....not the "entertainment value".

speedygirl
04-04-2009, 07:25 PM
This seems to say it all about the current problems in our country.

http://www.thefoxnation.com/entertainment/2009/04/03/world-premier-video-country-music-star-john-rich

This is not just a current problem. Things have been in decline for several years. Problems of this magnitude don't happen in the blink of an eye.
I listened to the lyrics but it was hard to listen to the singers voice. It's only my personal taste but I really dislike country music and if it wasn't posted here, I would have tuned out and not listened too the lyrics. So thanks for posting. A song like this could have been written for quite sometime.

tngirl
04-04-2009, 07:39 PM
This is not just a current problem. Things have been in decline for several years. Problems of this magnitude don't happen in the blink of an eye.
I listened to the lyrics but it was hard to listen to the singers voice. It's only my personal taste but I really dislike country music and if it wasn't posted here, I would have tuned out and not listened too the lyrics. So thanks for posting. A song like this could have been written for quite sometime.

The hubby actually told me about this song before. I don't listen to country music so this was the first time I actually heard it.

I wonder how those bonuses would be effected if everyone decided to take a week layoff all across the country?

anothersta
04-04-2009, 09:33 PM
I saw John Rich on Beck last week and really enjoyed him. It was kinda nice as I'd have never checked him out on my own.

I usually find out about new artists on Austin City Limits.

pepperpot
04-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Well, I think most of the blame goes to the Americans.......why do we shop at Walmart who outsources most everything? We all shop there because of 'low prices'. So we patronize those in other countries, not 'our own'....:shrug Meanwhile, everyone who works in the USA thinks they should deserve that Bankers'/CEO's bonus of a salary who never prepared themselves to earn it.....:shrug

Really....we're all to blame for demanding high salaries and the lowest of lowest prices (imports).....we all deserve everything....we're entitled to it....even thought we haven't worked for nor can we afford it....we'll charge it and carry that balance....who are we to be denied? If 'they' can have it, why can't we.....they are not better than me....:shrug We want it 'today' and we'll possibly consider worrying about it tomorrow.

It's that attitude that did us in....:agree....I'm sorry to say....:(

Yes, there are those who fell on hard times while trying to keep their business in the States.....or through no fault or habit of their own....but the problem is much bigger than those.....everyone wants to maximize while minimize cost...even at the expense of our own....:(

All guilty to some point, raise a hand....:itsme:

:(

The video...a bit one dimensional....:(

janelle
04-04-2009, 11:52 PM
The actors in the video are Kris Kristofferson----he must have lots of money from his entertaining all these years if he didn't spend it all and Mickey Rouke who just finished making the " The Wrestler." I think it earned big money at the box office so he must be in the money right now. I don't think either one has much to worry about but they made the video to say something.

Krisofferson is coming to my city soon. I may go see what he has to say in between his songs. See if he is getting political. Too many people living on credit. Well the bills have come due for all of us.

I don't really know why they are shutting Detroit down but the unions have been selfish in their demands and the government has put hundreds of regs on auto companies which raised costs. Many companies have moved overseas when the government taxed them to death. It's more complex then one song can express.

The thing that bothers me is it seems a war is brewing between the haves and the have nots and that is just wrong. Who is encouraging it? Many factions in our society has caused this problem. Everyone is pointing a finger and our government is doing nothing to discourage it. None of us will get out of this mess with that attitude.

tngirl
04-05-2009, 06:21 AM
The thing that bothers me is it seems a war is brewing between the haves and the have nots and that is just wrong. Who is encouraging it? Many factions in our society has caused this problem. Everyone is pointing a finger and our government is doing nothing to discourage it. None of us will get out of this mess with that attitude.

Hmmm, some how this sounds soooo familiar.

SurferGirl
04-05-2009, 06:32 AM
The worst part is the attitude of redistribution of wealth.
Some people work really hard for what they have.
There were also so many that got homes they couldn't afford and since they didn't save up for a down payment they didn't know how to manage money.
Many people that have lost their homes used them as a piggy bank and continually refinanced to get money every year.

SurferGirl
04-05-2009, 06:44 AM
Pepperpot made a really good point and it reminds me of this video that someone sent me in an email.
http://sendables.jibjab.com/originals/big_box_mart