PDA

View Full Version : Whatever you do, do NOT watch...

YankeeMary
04-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Marley & Me. If you have already seen it, I am sorry. I don't want to say much in case there are those that will ignore my warning and watch it anyways.

Shann...especially you do NOT watch this. I feel it would absolutly break your heart!!!

You have been warned!

ilovecats
04-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Thanks for not telling everyone the end.I never saw it and had someone tell me the end anyway.I doubt I will ever watch it now.

YankeeMary
04-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Thanks for not telling everyone the end.I never saw it and had someone tell me the end anyway.I doubt I will ever watch it now.

I have a Marley, but his name is Pluto. Pluto isn't a lab but he acts just like Marley. We laughed alot throughout the movie because we have been there done that...lol. Goofy dog.

Jackie_Blu
04-02-2009, 08:55 PM
I planned on watching it, but heard things on here about it so decided not to. I don't handle things like that well:(

lucimPI
04-02-2009, 10:27 PM
I heard things also and for sure am not going to watch it. I do not handle those kind of movies very well.

janelle
04-02-2009, 10:36 PM
That movie and I think it's "My Dog, Spot" or some title like that. My sister said it was very sad at the end. I watched "Ol Yeller" when I was a child and that is all I want to see.

Kimberly61
04-03-2009, 04:29 AM
I would like to see it regardless but my dh refuses to watch it.........what I dont get is how it can be a family movie, I personally think it would be to sad of an ending for a lot of the younger family members.

galeane29
04-03-2009, 04:41 AM
We watched it last week and me and the kids were BAWLING! Of course John always having to be the tough guy was saying he would have gotten rid of the dog in the beginning. LOL

pepperpot
04-03-2009, 04:54 AM
I have a Marley, but his name is Pluto. Pluto isn't a lab but he acts just like Marley. We laughed alot throughout the movie because we have been there done that...lol. Goofy dog.

So what you're saying is that yours is exactly the same only different...? :agree

:lol

Shann
04-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the warning Mary. I have to say I didn't know if I was going to see it and before it came out I was at a movie and overheard the ppl in front of me talking and the lady gave away the ending! I was so mad, but in away glad b/c I know I would have been a mess. Thanks for looking out for me Mary :hug

4diego
04-03-2009, 11:29 AM
It was a good movie but I'll never watch it again. I lost my lab Circe a year ago in Feb. and she was exactly like Marley. I bawled through at least 45 min. of the movie. We had errands to run afterwards and couldn't because I'd cried so hard!

And the movie your thinking of is My Dog Skip, that's another one that tore me to pieces! We have a copy of it but I can't even be in the room if the kids are watching it!

janelle
04-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Is it worse than the "Ole Yeller" ending? I guess I need to go to "Movie Spoilers" web site to find out.

I think kids bounce back faster than adults do from that kind of thing. The kids have their parents to depend on, who do parents have? LOL

ilovecats
04-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Is it worse than the "Ole Yeller" ending? I guess I need to go to "Movie Spoilers" web site to find out.

I think kids bounce back faster than adults do from that kind of thing. The kids have their parents to depend on, who do parents have? LOL

I don't think anything could get much worse than "old yeller".

155oaks
04-03-2009, 08:55 PM
I didn't see this warning.

good movie.
sad

BeanieLuvR
04-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Thank you so much for this warning, Mary. My aunt just called and asked me to buy this for her to give to my uncle for his birthday. He is a very sensitive guy and a sad ending would really upset him. I told her about what you warned so she decided not to get it.

whatever
04-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Okay bash me if you want. But I was just not all that impressed with this movie. It started out funny and then went downhill as far as a comedy. And isn't thats how its listed, comedy?

skyrider
04-10-2009, 03:22 PM
i have not seen the movie yet , but i can tell you. DO NOT read the ending at work, when you work on the phone doing customer service. At least i had a wonderful customer that when i explained why i was sobbing on her call she laughed and told me it was ok she had read it too.

janelle
04-11-2009, 01:01 AM
Well it was all checked out at Blockbuster tonight. There is going to be many parents with crying kids tonight.

Unsenihic
04-11-2009, 01:03 PM

Jenefer3
04-11-2009, 08:51 PM
I thought the movie was okay...there were funny parts and of course the sad one. I cried because I felt so bad for Marley at the end and then felt bad for the kids because I know how hard it can be for kids to understand something like that.

ladybugva
04-13-2009, 12:29 PM
DS 9 read it in school and told me about the book. He was not happy w/ the endidng and has never asked to see the movie. I can see why now.

gmyers
04-13-2009, 07:23 PM
I watched it tonight and I definitely see what you mean. Not the way I wanted it to end. But it was a good movie.

Kelsey1224
04-14-2009, 01:37 PM
George Carlin always said that pets were a tragedy waiting to happen. He is right.

We saw the movie and I totally knew what to expect...but I still sobbed during the last half-hour.

atprm
04-14-2009, 08:53 PM
I would like to see it regardless but my dh refuses to watch it.........what I dont get is how it can be a family movie, I personally think it would be to sad of an ending for a lot of the younger family members.

This is exactly why we haven't seen it -- not that we have little ones, but if you are presenting a movie like this as a "family" movie (suitable for children), I don't think that the ending is all that appropriate.

We heard about the ending on one of the talk shows (can't remember which, I think Inside Edition).

justme23
04-15-2009, 02:04 AM
How could it possibly not be appropriate... I found it to be a wonderful movie. Yes, it's sad... but hello, you can't shelter kids from the death of pets... especially if you HAVE pets. IF I had kids, I would use this movie as a tool... sure it would be sad for them, but it would also create an opportunity for them to ask questions... and they did a VERY GOOD JOB of incorporating the movie children and their reactions to it as well. I was very impressed. Would I watch it again? Probably not unless I just needed to cry and couldn't bring them on by myself... but it doesn't change the fact that it had a fantastic story line that not only documented the life of a dog but also the dynamics of a marriage. I truly loved this movie.

swoose
04-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Yes, I cried when I watched this movie. But, I also cried everytime I watched Lassie. lol.