PDA

View Full Version : IDSO: Homeopathic Remedy Recipe

atprm
03-31-2009, 07:08 AM
for treatment of Eczema using Stinging Nettles.

Is it a direct tincture? a tea? a straight application with stingers attached?

hopefully someone else here uses homeopathic/naturopathic remedies.

Jenefer3
03-31-2009, 10:36 AM
Compress - Take the pieces of the nettle, put in a pan and boil in water for 2 to 5 minutes. Put some oil on the skin before applying to keep the nettle from sticking to the skin. Put gauze over it to hold it on. Replace every 2 hours, as needed.

Tea - put herb in tea pot and add hot water. Heat for 5 minutes. Pour through a strainer into a tea cup.

Hot infusion - 250 g. of dried herbs or 750 g. of fresh herbs to 500 mL of sunflower oil. Glass bowl, saucepan, wine press (or any other kind of press), jelly bag or cheese cloth, large jug or pitcher, airtight glass storage bottle, and funnel. Put the oil and the herb in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water or in a double boiler and heat gently for about 3 hours. Pour the mixture into a jelly bag or cheesecloth fitted securely to the rim of some kind of press and strain into a jug. Pour into clean airtight storage bottles using a funnel if needed.

Tincture - this is made by steeping the dried (200 g.) or fresh (600 g.) herb in 1 L of 25%mixture of alcohol and water. Any part of the plant may be used. Besides extracting the plant's active ingredient, the alcohol acts as a preservative and tinctures will keep for up to 2 years. Tinctures should be made from individual herbs. Commercial tinctures use ethyl alcohol but diluted spirits are suitable for home use. Vodka is ideal since it contains few additives, although rum helps to disguise the flavor of less pallatable herbs. Dilute a 75 cl bottle of 37.5% Vodka with 37.5 mL of water. Take the tincture 5 mL three times a day.

I hope those work...I have a friend who is really into homeopathic remedies and when I mentioned the stinging nettles and eczema to her she told me to hold on and went and got her Stinging Nettles Remedy book lol.

atprm
03-31-2009, 12:03 PM
Thanks Jenefer -- so I guess any form is good form then?

I couldn't find any information regarding which was best on the web...though I did see one that suggested using Belladonna (nightshade) as an internal treatment! (sans the fact it is poisonous)

diana_circe
03-31-2009, 12:34 PM
Calendula is awesome for eczema too. I swear by it, I get it really bad and I'll itch till its bleeding without the calendula.

DAVESBABYDOLL
03-31-2009, 12:50 PM

I couldn't find any information regarding which was best on the web...though I did see one that suggested using Belladonna (nightshade) as an internal treatment! (sans the fact it is poisonous)

Wasn't Belladonna the stuff Hally Barry (sp?) used in that movie? Sh!t Fire, I can't remember the name of it, has Bruce Willis in it...Perfect Stranger? Is that the name? lol

diana_circe
03-31-2009, 12:52 PM
I think I know what your're talking about and belladonna should be OK in small amounts and not ingested. Crazy that someone is suggesting like belladonna internally to the masses, its not generally the informed that read things like that.

Jenefer3
03-31-2009, 03:35 PM

The only time it mentioned using a specific part of the nettle was if you were using it for something else (I can't remember what but it wasn't eczema). Oh and it said to collect it with gloves on..guess that's a no brainer.

She had some friends who were so poor that they didn't have food or electricity so they ate the stinging nettles...just added water and heated it over a camping type of stove. Doesn't sound all that great to me but I guess if you're really hungry it'll do.

Eyore
03-31-2009, 05:52 PM
Calendula is awesome for eczema too. I swear by it, I get it really bad and I'll itch till its bleeding without the calendula.
Is this a cream that you use? Where do you find it at? What brand? My granddaughter gets eczema and on her hands and face off and on. We use the steroid cream for it. That is the only thing we have found that works. But would rather use something else. Not crazy about using the steroid creams on her.

Quaker_Parrots
03-31-2009, 05:58 PM
Actually it was in "Practical Magic" my all time favorite movie. Sandra Bullock gave it to Nicole Kidman's boyfriend to knock him out when he tried to abduct them, and ended up killing him.

Wasn't Belladonna the stuff Hally Barry (sp?) used in that movie? Sh!t Fire, I can't remember the name of it, has Bruce Willis in it...Perfect Stranger? Is that the name? lol

DBackFan
04-01-2009, 06:21 AM
Eyore...Calendula is made from the Marigold plant and you can buy it at health food stores. It is an ointment, at least what I have.

Jenefer...we ate nettles by boilong them at camp one year when I was young. The boiling takes the sting out of the leaves because you eat it all. Reminded me of cooked spinach or kale.

DAVESBABYDOLL
04-01-2009, 06:30 AM
Actually it was in "Practical Magic" my all time favorite movie. Sandra Bullock gave it to Nicole Kidman's boyfriend to knock him out when he tried to abduct them, and ended up killing him.

OH, LOVE that movie!

But it was also used by Halle berry in Perfect Stranger. She gave it to a child hood "friend" who was blackmailing her, she used it to set up Willis's character because his wife used it to dialate eyes because she took photos for her galary of dialated eyes lol

Eyore
04-01-2009, 06:51 AM
Eyore...Calendula is made from the Marigold plant and you can buy it at health food stores. It is an ointment, at least what I have.

Jenefer...we ate nettles by boilong them at camp one year when I was young. The boiling takes the sting out of the leaves because you eat it all. Reminded me of cooked spinach or kale.

Thank you, I contacted diana_circe today and got some information from her on it. Thanks again.