PDA

View Full Version : Man Kills Sisters on 5-Year-Old's Birthday, decapitating one...

jasmine
03-29-2009, 08:23 PM
http://news.aol.com/article/man-kills-sisters/403079?icid=main|htmlws-main|dl1|link1|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Farticle %2Fman-kills-sisters%2F403079

A man on a rampage fatally stabbed his 17-year-old sister, decapitated his 5-year-old sister in front of a police officer and then headed toward his 9-year-old sister before officers shot him amid what their chief described as "a killing field."
There is no clear motive yet for the events that unfolded about 5 p.m. Saturday in this tony Boston suburb that is also home to Gov. Deval Patrick. But there is no doubt at the carnage wrought by 23-year-old Kerby Revelus against his three sisters in the two-family home they shared with their parents and grandmother.

In a shocking killing spree, a 23-year-old man stabbed his 17-year-old sister to death and then decapitated his 5-year-old sister -- during the younger girl's birthday party Saturday in Milton, Mass. Cops shot and killed the man, identified as Kerby Revelus, as he moved toward a third sister, who was wounded. Here, police comfort a distraught woman outside the home on Saturday

Bianca was killed as a cake for her 5th birthday sat on the kitchen table. Sarafina, 9, dialed 911 and watched police shoot her brother as her elder sister, Samantha, lay dead on the floor.
Sarafina was hospitalized Sunday at the Boston Medical Center with defensive wounds to her hands and stab wounds in her abdomen and one of her legs.
"In policing, we see the raw human emotion every day, but to think that a human being could afflict such an atrocious, violent act on his own family is unbelievable," Milton police Chief Richard G. Wells Jr. told The Associated Press.

"When I walked up to the first officer (on the scene), I could see the whole story right in his face. This just told me that this was something very bad," Wells said.
Kerby Revelus had recently served jail time on a gun charge, Wells said, but the details would not be released until courts opened Monday. Police had been called to the same house in 2004 after a domestic violence report of Revelus allegedly punching one of the women living in the home, Wells said.
Saturday's attack came about 24 hours after Revelus had gotten into a fistfight with a man living next door, Wells said.
"Blows were exchanged," he said. "I don't know the cause of it, but we're confident that did happen. He had been agitated in the hours that followed that, going into the day and last night."
Investigators believe that Revelus targeted Samantha, a 17-year-old senior at Milton High School, and fatally stabbed her with a household knife while their grandmother was doing laundry in the basement. At the time, the children's parents were away; their mother is a nurse at a Boston hospital, Wells said.
Her identity, as well as that of the father, were not immediately available.
Sarafina, an elementary school student, called 911 just before 5 p.m. An officer on patrol in the neighborhood arrived within a minute, Wells said, and could hear an altercation inside as he reached the second floor. The 911 operator tried to persuade Sarafina to open the door, but when she did not, the officer broke through.
As the officer entered the door, he decapitated (Bianca) in front of him," said Wells. "He actually walked into a killing field. He walked into such carnage, as far as the atrocity of it, I've never seen it."
Within moments, four officers were inside and two of them shot Revelus as he tried to get to Sarafina, Wells said. He fell still clutching the knife.
Details about the number of shots and who killed Revelus were pending the outcome of an autopsy Sunday.

speedygirl
03-29-2009, 08:26 PM
I was just watching this on the news. It's not that far from here. maybe 30 minutes. They were interviewing friends of the victims and the killer. Poor Sarafina is going to need some major help after witnessing all of that.

ilovecats
03-29-2009, 08:32 PM
How tragic.Scary to think that you know that wouldn't happen to your family,but obviously these people weren't expecting it.

gmyers
03-29-2009, 09:22 PM
What would make a btother do that to his sisters? It reminds me of my nephew when he was growing up he never did it but he would threaten to kill his mom and sisters. They found out he was schitzophrenic I think thats how you spell it. Maybe thats what was wrong with him. I feel for the nine year old she'll never forget that. He almost killed her too.

dv8grl
03-30-2009, 04:34 AM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1458/6785198/17706858/359898439.jpg

Fistfight with a neighbor led to the violent attack on sisters in Milton, according to police

Police said yesterday that Kerby Revelus had been involved in a fistfight Friday night with a next-door neighbor, a conflict that precipitated the violent knife attack on his three younger sisters in their apartment on Belvoir Street Saturday afternoon.

"We don't know what the fight was about," Milton Police Chief Richard G. Wells said yesterday. But "this all came as a result of [that] incident."

Police officers were not called to the scene of the fight, said Wells, who declined to disclose the identity of the neighbor, citing the ongoing investigation.

Police were called to 7 Belvoir St. shortly before 5 p.m. Saturday by 9-year-old Saraphina Revelus. Wells said police arrived at the home and broke down the door to a room on the second floor in time to see Kerby Revelus grab 5-year-old Bianca and slash her neck. Wells said Revelus had already fatally stabbed his 17-year-old sister Samantha "Princesse" Revelus. The officers shot and killed Revelus as he was stabbing Saraphina Revelus and saved her life.

Bianca Revelus, who was supposed to start kindergarten this fall, had turned 5 years old the day before the attack.

Friends and family struggled to understand how a brutal slaying that left two sisters stabbed to death, allegedly at the hand of their brother, could have erupted in this quiet neighborhood.

The Revelus family have lived in the house at 7 Belvoir St. for more than two decades, according to Romy Dorvil, a cousin who followed them from Haiti to the U.S in 1985. He said Kerby Revelus was moody and "always to himself" but not threatening or erratic. And he said he had never seen him behave violently toward his siblings.

"There's no way to make sense of it," Dorvil told reporters when he visited the house earlier today. "The only person who can is dead."

Norfolk County District Attorney William R. Keating said Revelus had been involved in a "domestic issue" in 2004 that involved punching but he did not elaborate. More recently, Keating said, Revelus was charged with a firearms violation that resulted in his incarceration. Keating said he was released several months ago.

Neighbors said yesterday that Kerby Revelus behaved very erratically since his release from prison.

"He would go off, just talking about random stuff, stuff that makes no sense," said neighbor Abdul Kamara. "Sometimes you would see him and he was normal. Sometimes you would see him and he was confused."

Kamara said Revelus would wander up and down Belvoir Street most mornings drinking from a bottle in a brown bag.

The house is blocked by police tape and family and friends are not allowed to go near it. Revelus's cousin Joey Dorvil walked past it yesterday morning in the rain with two friends. He said it was too early for him to talk about the situation.

"Everybody's hurting," he said. "Everybody took a loss."

pepperpot
03-30-2009, 05:12 AM
I have a 5 yo, this is just so disturbing....I can't imagine it.....

SurferGirl
03-30-2009, 07:07 AM
Can you imagine the nightmares that girl will have for the rest of her life.
I think the police officer will probably have nightmares too.
I can't imagine anyone doing something like that.
I'm glad the police shot and killed him so he won't be harming anyone else.

jasmine
04-02-2009, 07:15 AM
http://news.aol.com/article/sisters-slain-by-brother/403056

BOSTON (March 31) --Two sisters and the brother who killed them with a kitchen knife will share a single funeral service and be buried together. Samantha Revelus, 17, and her sister, Bianca, 5, were killed at their Milton home Saturday. Police shot the girls' brother, Kerby Revelus, 23, after an officer saw him decapitate the younger girl. A surviving sister, 9-year-old Saraphina, was recovering at a Boston hospital Monday after having surgery.
Ernst Guerrier, a Boston attorney and family friend, said he spent Monday morning with parents Regine and Vronze Revelus as they made plans to bury the three together.

'A Killing Field'Michael Dwyer, AP9 photos In a shocking rampage, a 23-year-old man stabbed his teenage sister to death and then decapitated his 5-year-old sister -- during the younger girl's birthday party Saturday in Milton, Mass. Cops shot and killed the man, identified as Kerby Revelus, as he moved toward a third sister, who was wounded. Here, a neighbor reacts Sunday outside the home where the slaying occured
"They are still dealing with the shock and disbelief of losing three of their children," said Guerrier.
Guerrier said there was nothing to indicate Kerby Revelus "was capable of something like this or that this tragedy could have been prevented."
Kerby Revelus had been in trouble before, but his criminal record does not show anything close to the level of brutal violence he unleashed on his sisters on Saturday.
In September 2004, he was charged with assault and battery after another sister, Jessica Revelus, then 17, called police and said her brother, then 19, had punched her in the face during an argument over a phone bill. Kerby Revelus admitted he punched his sister, and told police he was upset with her because she owed him some money, according to a Milton police report.

Jessica Revelus declined medical attention and told police she did not want to get a restraining order against her brother. "Ms. Revelus told me that she was not in fear of her brother and had no wish to pursue the matter," the arresting officer wrote in the report.
Jessica Revelus told the Boston Herald that her brother had done two stints in jail.
He was arrested for assault and battery in August 2004 after he was involved in a fight with several other teenagers.
Then in December 2005, he was charged with carrying a firearm without a license after he tried to buy alcohol at a liquor store in Randolph. A store clerk called police when he saw a pistol magazine in Revelus' pocket, and police later found the magazine and a handgun in Revelus' waist band. He was sentenced to serve six months in jail, and was released in September 2008.
Investigators believe Revelus had been agitated since Friday night, when he got in a fistfight with a neighbor in this tony suburb that is also home to Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick.
Revelus attacked his siblings with a kitchen knife on Saturday while their grandmother, who neighbors say lives on the first floor, was doing laundry in the basement, investigators said. The children's parents were not home.
Skip over this content
Samantha Revelus called 911, but the dying girl quickly gave the phone to Saraphina, Milton police said.
Nolan said police will not release the 911 call.
"It's horrific. We'd be doing a tremendous disservice to the survivors if we released that. They don't need to listen to that," Nolan said.
Nolan said an officer patrolling the neighborhood arrived less than a minute after the 911 call and heard screaming inside the apartment. He kicked the door in and saw Revelus decapitate his 5-year-old sister.
As other officers arrived, Kerby ran into a bedroom and began to attack Saraphina. Two officers shot him, Nolan said.
The parents were still making final arrangements for Saturday's burials, Guerrier said.
"The reasons why it happened, what happened, how it happened is still just a blur to them," he said. "They can't even imagine it."

DAVESBABYDOLL
04-02-2009, 06:39 PM
I know he is their son, but why would they have all three burried together. I can see the sisters,but the brother with them?

ilovecats
04-02-2009, 06:47 PM
I know he is their son, but why would they have all three burried together. I can see the sisters,but the brother with them?

I'm guessing because he obviously had some kind of mental issues/breakdown?
I have no idea how I would react in that situation,but I assume I would mourn the loss of ALL my children.At some point he was their baby.Sad situation,I feel for the family.

DAVESBABYDOLL
04-03-2009, 01:49 AM
I'm guessing because he obviously had some kind of mental issues/breakdown?
I have no idea how I would react in that situation,but I assume I would mourn the loss of ALL my children.At some point he was their baby.Sad situation,I feel for the family.

I agree. i too would mourn all of children. I guess no one realy knows what happened or why :(

2many
04-03-2009, 04:39 AM
That's disturbing and sad.