PDA

View Full Version : Police say father snapped 6-week-old baby’s leg

Jolie Rouge
03-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Baker man held in abuse
Police say father snapped 6-week-old baby’s leg
By JAMES MINTON
Published: Mar 26, 2009 - Page: 1B

BAKER — Police arrested a Baker man accused of routinely beating his 6-week-old son and bending the infant’s leg until it snapped when the boy wouldn’t stop crying Tuesday night, Police Chief Mike Knaps said.

“He’s going to make it, but he’s beat up,” Knaps said of the baby, who was being treated for the broken leg and other injuries at a Baton Rouge hospital on Wednesday.

“Knowing how I feel about children, my investigators advised me not to look at the photos of the child,” the police chief said.

Officers booked Thomas Earl Ford Sr., 27, of 1150 Shilo Drive, Apt. A, at Parish Prison on Wednesday on one count of second-degree cruelty to juveniles. Ford’s bail was set at $100,000, booking records show.

Knaps said Ford initially told Lt. Jason Shows and Detective Robert Digirolamo that the baby boy was injured when he fell to the floor from a kitchen counter, but later, under questioning, Ford said that he bent the boy’s leg until it broke.

Shows, in a sworn statement used to obtain an arrest warrant, said Ford told him he accidentally cut the child’s finger while trimming his fingernails and broke the boy’s leg when he wouldn’t stop crying.

Shows also wrote in the statement that the boy’s eyes were bloodshot and he had a large bruise on his leg and smaller bruises “all over his body.”

Questioned about the other injuries, Ford said he had also “smacked” his son because the baby would not stop crying and said he had been abusing the infant for about three weeks because of the child’s crying, Shows said in the statement.

Knaps said Ford later gave a similar statement in a videotaped interview with Digirolamo. “In the interviews, my investigators said this guy was very aware of what he had done and was very cold. It was as if this baby was just interfering with his day,” Knaps said.

Baker police began the investigation after Ford drove the boy to Earl K. Long Medical Center. The boy later was transferred to Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/41873742.html?showAll=y&c=y

if the baby doesn't stop crying ... why would anyone think that causing them pain is going to help the situation. They need to put this POS in gen pop.

atprm
03-26-2009, 10:44 AM
reminds me of that story here that was posted last year -- and the mother came and pretended to be a friend of the family and it was a BIG thing...remember what post I am talking about???

Jenefer3
03-26-2009, 10:48 AM
People are just sick. Put a dang condom on or get yourself snipped if you don't want a baby to "interfere" in your life. I hope that little boy recovers completely and gets placed with a family who will truly love him.

gmyers
03-26-2009, 10:56 AM
If he wasn't but six weeks old and he said he had been abusing the baby for three weeks. Then he started abusing his baby when he was only three weeks old. They need to teach these so called parents when they're having a baby that they cry. What do they expect to be able to tell a baby to stop and it automatically will. Cold hearted bugger.

newwiccan
03-26-2009, 11:02 AM
Just reading that made my stomach hurt.

LuvBigRip
03-26-2009, 11:18 AM

This.

dangerousfem
03-26-2009, 04:01 PM

:yeah:sob

speedygirl
03-26-2009, 04:21 PM
What is wrong with people??? I'd pay to be able to snap his legs.

reminds me of that story here that was posted last year -- and the mother came and pretended to be a friend of the family and it was a BIG thing...remember what post I am talking about???

Yes! I was just telling someone that story recently. I remembered the baby's name because it was a weird spelling of Sebastian.

http://www.bigbigforums.com/news-information/599243-1-month-old-beaten.html?highlight=myspace

katgirl3
03-26-2009, 07:00 PM
What is wrong with people??? I'd pay to be able to snap his legs.

Yes! I was just telling someone that story recently. I remembered the baby's name because it was a weird spelling of Sebastian.

http://www.bigbigforums.com/news-information/599243-1-month-old-beaten.html?highlight=myspace

Personally, I'd just like the guy to be dead. A bullet or 2 would take care of that. It's not like someone like this could be rehabilitated. Why do we allow people like this to live?

ilovecats
03-26-2009, 07:01 PM

I remember that one.

if the baby doesn't stop crying ... why would anyone think that causing them pain is going to help the situation.

I always wondered that too.I am sure having his leg broken calmed him right down.

WtPlover
03-26-2009, 07:02 PM
sick sick sick

jasmine
03-26-2009, 08:42 PM
OMG, where was the mother?

Precious innocent little baby......