PDA

View Full Version : American idol

babygirl08
03-25-2009, 07:26 PM
DOES ANYONE WATCH AMERICAN IDOL? I REALLY THINK WE ALREADY HAVE A WINNER!!! I AM HOOKED ON ADAM (THE PUNK ROCKER). I JUST REALLY THINK IS IS OFF THE HOOK. HE HAD ME IN TEARS TONIGHT HE WAS SO GOOD! WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE AMERICAN IDOL? ALLISON THE 16 YEAR OLD IS REALLY GOOD TO BUT I WILL STICK WITH ADAM!!!:star:

tarasdream
03-25-2009, 07:28 PM
i like danny and scott

Renrut
03-25-2009, 07:59 PM
I am soooooooooooooooo in love with Adam lol. I do like Danny cause he's from here but Adam is my number one!!

speedygirl
03-25-2009, 08:15 PM
Adam and Danny were incredible tonight! My least favorite were Megan and Michael.

Renrut
03-25-2009, 08:28 PM
I think Megan is out of there tomorrow.

lucimPI
03-25-2009, 09:51 PM
I hardly recognized Adam tonight. He sure looked different. I think he made alot of points by showing a different side of himself and yes, he did sing very well.

sandooch
03-25-2009, 10:14 PM
I liked Adam from the beginning, but he totally killed that song he did last week. I much perfer him tonight, vocally and his appearance.

But I have to say that I believe, after tonight's performances, Allison is going to win this competion.

ladybugva
03-27-2009, 06:59 AM
I am surprised that they looked like they were considering keeping Michael last night. I think he is good but not nearly as good as the other. That is prob. why Simon made an executive decision over the group. They really need to save it for another time/week.

I like Adam and he really surprised me this week. He looked like a young Elivis I think. I also like Danny, and the piano guy that was in the bottom 2 this week.

Unicornmom77
03-27-2009, 10:07 AM
I really like Micheal, and yeah he may not be the best singer, but dangit he can out sing Megan, she is awful!!

sunflowers
03-27-2009, 03:24 PM
'American Idol': Yep, the group performances are lip-synched...

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/03/idol-lip-synchi.html?xid=email-alert-americanidol-20090327-item3

dangerousfem
03-27-2009, 09:02 PM
I love Adam!!!!!

speedygirl
03-27-2009, 09:19 PM
I love Adam!!!!!

After Wednesday night, I love him even more! That guy can sing anything! Anoop is really surprising me. He's getting better every week.

sunflowers
03-31-2009, 04:40 PM
Danny Gokey suffers another loss

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityrocks/155330/danny-gokey-suffers-another-tragic-loss/

ladybugva
04-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Megan had a very unique sound but I was not surpriese that she got booted this week.

Gherky
04-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Megan acted too goofy. She was beginning to get on my nerves. My brother can do an excellent impersonation of her weird twisting and turning when she sings that really cracks me up.

froggman
04-08-2009, 07:06 AM
Did anybody watch Adam Lamberts performance last night?
AWESOME.

They have it on You Tube if you missed it.

DBackFan
04-08-2009, 08:13 AM
OMG I agree froggman. There is just NO comparison to any other AI contestant. He gave me absolute chills and I want him to record that! I loved seeing Simon give a standing ovation!!!

http://television.aol.com/american-idol/2009/04/07/idol-runs-long-dvrs-cut-off-adam-lambert-cue-screams-of-outr/?icid=main|main|dl2|link3|http%3A%2F%2Ftelevision. aol.com%2Famerican-idol%2F2009%2F04%2F07%2Fidol-runs-long-dvrs-cut-off-adam-lambert-cue-screams-of-outr%2F

'Idol' Runs Long, DVRs Cut Off Adam Lambert. Cue Screams of Outrage
Posted 04/07/09, 10:58 PM GMT by Kelly Woo

The good news: 'American Idol' cut down to a one-hour performance episode this week.
The bad news: It didn't finish on time and cut off a contestant. And that contestant was front-runner (and controversy-generator) Adam Lambert.

Usually, the final performance in the line-up is known as the "pimp slot," since that's the last one viewers remember as they dial. But tonight, 'American Idol' cut down to one hour, and host Ryan Seacrest couldn't keep things running on time.

Instead, the show ran over eight minutes long, and Adam, who sang last, didn't make it in before 9PM ET.

So, if you heard screams coming from the next room or the next house, they probably came from a DVR user who didn't get to see Adam rock 'Mad World' by Tears for Fears and get a standing ovation from the judges.

Bad form, 'Idol.' If Adam, who's never been in danger so far this season, winds up in the bottom three -- we'll know whose fault it is.

froggman
04-08-2009, 08:39 AM
I heard that the show ran long but I didn't know that it was over by that much. I watched it last night and didn't pay attention to the time. If Adam ends up in the bottom 3 (No way that will happen) the judges will save him.

I think I have watched his perfomance on You Tube at least 5 times so far this morning.

dangerousfem
04-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Well we recorded it... but thankfully we record fringe right after it..lol so when it cut off I spazed for a minute.. then just turned on fringe..lol

He was wonderful.. I love that boy.. have from the start.. but each week he just gets better and better for me.

DBackFan
04-09-2009, 07:01 AM
Well I was totally ready for Scott to go home. I mean he was "ok" but he wasn't star quality. He got a sympathy vote and people "wanted" him to be better than he is. He is a super nice guy and he handled it well. I was worried he would cry and then I would have lost it..lol

Shadowcat_99
04-09-2009, 10:47 AM
I have kinda been an AI fan, nothing serious, but this year, my God, Adam Lambert is just freaking AWESOME! This is the first time I've actually tried to rearrange my schedule to be home to hear him sing!

His rendition of Mad World was so much better than Tears for Fears, and Gary Jules (who created this rendition that Adam did on Tuesday). It just gave me chills! He is getting better and better each week, and I just don't see how he could lose this thing at this point. It's just a race for 2nd place right now.

- Shadowcat

DBackFan
04-09-2009, 10:51 AM
I agree with you on the race for 2nd place, but thats not a bad place to be according to the statistics! I say 2nd and 3rd go to Allison and Danny, although I love Chris too.

SLance68
04-10-2009, 09:58 AM
I was ready for Scott to go several weeks ago. He was only on there because people kept the sympathy votes up. Adam and Danny are very good - I do prefer Danny since I still have nightmares of Adams rendition of "rings of fire" which I am sure Johnny Cash is still turning in his grave over. I had never heard the song Adam did this week so nothing to compare it to but Adam and Danny have the best voices from the bunch.

DBackFan
04-16-2009, 07:28 AM
So what did you think about them using the save to save Matt? I was rather surprised.

Gherky
04-16-2009, 12:32 PM
I missed the results last night. Who was in the bottom three?

DBackFan
04-16-2009, 12:59 PM
I missed the results last night. Who was in the bottom three?

The bottom 3 in order that Ryan called them was Anoop (which surprised me), then Lil and then Matt. They sent Anoop back right away and left Matt and Lil. Ryan asked Simon if he thought either were worth saving and he said it might surprise this person but yes we would save them. Ryan said Lil? Simon said we'll see. I wasn't terribly shocked that Matt was the one voted out but I was that they saved him. I mean he's good but he is not going to win.

littlered1
04-16-2009, 07:27 PM
They said the save will only mean that next week two people will have to go home, so that will be interesting to see how that plays out.

DBackFan
04-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Bye Bye Lil and Anoop. It was strange seeing them do the vote off for Lil so fast and at the top. I wasn't to thrilled with Allison's or Danny's this week although they are still great but Adam totally blew me away again. I also LOVED Chris this week.

DBackFan
04-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Also I have to admit Paula is sounding a bit better these days and she looked great dancing with the kids. This video of her trying to explain away some of the drug rumors is just crazy though.

http://living.aol.com/morning-rush/the-nitty-gritty-good-morning-america/20817495001?icid=main|main|dl7|link4|http%3A%2F%2F living.aol.com%2Fmorning-rush%2Fthe-nitty-gritty-good-morning-america%2F20817495001

SLance68
04-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Also I have to admit Paula is sounding a bit better these days and she looked great dancing with the kids. This video of her trying to explain away some of the drug rumors is just crazy though.

http://living.aol.com/morning-rush/the-nitty-gritty-good-morning-america/20817495001?icid=main|main|dl7|link4|http%3A%2F%2F living.aol.com%2Fmorning-rush%2Fthe-nitty-gritty-good-morning-america%2F20817495001 (http://living.aol.com/morning-rush/the-nitty-gritty-good-morning-america/20817495001?icid=main%7Cmain%7Cdl7%7Clink4%7Chttp% 3A%2F%2Fliving.aol.com%2Fmorning-rush%2Fthe-nitty-gritty-good-morning-america%2F20817495001)

Can we call B.S. on her not being on drugs. I doubt she was sober in that interview.

bonniejeanne
04-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Wow! I thought Danny was good tonight; and then I heard Adam sing. He just blew everyone away. I think Matt is gone next. I really didn't care for him tonight.

littlered1
04-30-2009, 11:16 AM
So nice to see Adam knocked off his pedestal lastnight!!!
I do think Danny really messed up about his comment about how much money A.I. makes, and people took notice of that. I hope it don't hurt him next week.

DBackFan
04-30-2009, 11:52 AM
So nice to see Adam knocked off his pedestal lastnight!!!
I do think Danny really messed up about his comment about how much money A.I. makes, and people took notice of that. I hope it don't hurt him next week.

Wow I totally disagree. First off Adam did not deserve to be in the bottom two and I have never seen him act like he was on a pedestal.
Second I thought it was kind of tacky for AI to even give Danny a bill even if it was a joke because they had cameras on them and it made for great footage. You know they never intended for him to pay it, it was a joke and I though he handled it just fine.

I love both those guys and hope they get 1st and 2nd.

SLance68
04-30-2009, 12:50 PM
I don't think the comment by Danny will be fodder for people on their voting. At this point most have their mind made up of who they want to win. I was shocked that Adam was in the bottom 2. I just wish he, Adam, would quit that horrible scream he puts into almost every song. I just hold the mute button for that part.

Debbie
04-30-2009, 07:43 PM
Adam has a great voice,I like Danny too,thats my final two.

DBackFan
05-01-2009, 11:24 AM
I guess Allison was on a Telemundo singing competition show, I think she is much better vocally now but she was so pretty..lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcWX70wL0z0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Ftelevision%2Eaol%2Ecom%2Famerica n%2Didol%2F2009%2F05%2F01%2Fringer%2Dalert%2Dallis on%2Diraheta%2Dwon%2Da%2Dtelemundo%2Dsinging%2Dcom petitio%2F%3Ficid%3Dm&feature=player_embedded

littlered1
05-04-2009, 11:16 AM
I think Adam is over the top, outrageous... and I'm tired of looking at his tonsils!
All of the other contestants can sing (very well in fact) without me having to see down their throats.

DBackFan
05-06-2009, 08:15 AM
Well what did you think? I was a bit worried for Allison last night until I heard her and Adam do the duet. OMG it was stellar!
I was not impressed with Danny or Chris last night but IMO Chris will go home tonight. Vote For The Worst has everyone voting Danny (even though I love him) so he should be safe.

dangerousfem
05-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Yea.. their duet was awesome!

I love Adam..and I really like Allison too.. I would love to see a final with those two.. Danny is ok.. but imho he is boring... and sings every song the same way.. with the same hand movements... I can not hear him having a sucessfull record on the radio.. he is a great singer.. just has no individual style.... he does the exact same runs in each song....

DBackFan
05-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Was I the only one shocked by the result? I felt so bad for her but she will probably do something with Slash or somebody...just like Ryan said he will be playing her music soon.

speedygirl
05-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Was I the only one shocked by the result? I felt so bad for her but she will probably do something with Slash or somebody...just like Ryan said he will be playing her music soon.

Yes! I was completely shocked. I thought it was going to be Danny or Chris. What really shocked me was that Chris was the first one who was told he was safe!
I really liked her and her goodbye performance totally rocked. She's got a lot of balls for a 17 year old!

dangerousfem
05-07-2009, 11:40 AM
I hated that she was the one.. I was really hoping it would be Danny... I'm glad Kris made it thru.. he has really been stepping it up the last 4 weeks or so...

Gherky
05-08-2009, 03:19 PM
My mom is rooting for Adam, especially after that one performance where he looked a little like Elvis (or so she says). lol

littlered1
05-08-2009, 07:21 PM
I really think he looks like a young Elvis.
I'm not rooting for anybody at this point!

Debbie
05-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Adam will win this,no doubt,the guy rocks,superb voice,loves those eyes & dark hair,
He will be the next American Idol,I know I sound sure of myself,just love music,
Chris will get a deal also...

bonniejeanne
05-14-2009, 09:18 PM
Adam will win this,no doubt,the guy rocks,superb voice,loves those eyes & dark hair,
He will be the next American Idol,I know I sound sure of myself,just love music,
Chris will get a deal also...

I don't know about that. I think that those who liked Danny are more apt to choose Kris than Adam. I like Adam but I don't like all his screeching. I have a feeling Kris will get Danny's votes and he just might win. I liked him better than Danny and Adam when the three of them sang. I've also seen various tv interviews that say Adam won't get the vote because he is gay. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

DBackFan
05-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Well....here we go >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I am going to miss this show..January is so far away.

ttistin
05-19-2009, 07:07 PM
I believe Kriss will win it...Adams screaming is to annoying lol

tngirl
05-19-2009, 07:27 PM
I think Chris will end up winning.

Airbuswife
05-19-2009, 07:56 PM
oh crap, i ended up dvr'ing it and totally missed kris' last song!! UGGGHH!! it stopped close to the end of adam singing it, i really wanted to see kris sing it.... so, in your opinion, who sang it better? (i'm sure i'll be able to catch it online soon, but just wondering what everyone else thought)

DBackFan
05-19-2009, 09:28 PM
oh crap, i ended up dvr'ing it and totally missed kris' last song!! UGGGHH!! it stopped close to the end of adam singing it, i really wanted to see kris sing it.... so, in your opinion, who sang it better? (i'm sure i'll be able to catch it online soon, but just wondering what everyone else thought)

Kris did a better job IMO on the last song but the judges didn't think so. None of them commented on the singing at all except Randy who said he must not have been able to hear and Kara who said it was wrong key.
I think Adam is by far the most talented and I want him to win but I did LOVE Aint No Sunshine. If the Danny voters switched to Kris, he will win.

I just checked votefortheworst.com and this is their take:

Adam Lambert has been annointed by the show as a "worldwide star" and "one of the most original contestants ever." Why would we want that to win? So vote for Kris Allen, 1-866-436-5702, 1-866-436-5704, and 1-866-436-5706. Dial the number that's the least busy. If Kris Allen wins, it'd be a huge coup. How about that "No Boundaries?" Both of them sucked on it so hardcore. So honestly, whoever wins is stuck with that crap song. It should be hilarious to watch anyone sing it again tomorrow. Let's hope it's Kris so the judges will complain and have bitter stares of resentment while Kris attempts a crappy song in the wrong key. The perfect way to end season 8.

Debbie
05-19-2009, 09:45 PM
They both sounded great,Adam is my pic to win,if he doesn't ,he will still get a deal,
they're both talented,they had alot more talent this year,then last year,

I'm ready for tomorrow...

Go Adam!

DBackFan
05-19-2009, 11:20 PM
wow....dialidol has Kris ahead by a slight margin....naw really?

skyrider
05-20-2009, 10:51 AM
Predictions are too close to call this week! This is the first time this has ever happened for an American Idol finale in the history of DialIdol.com. No matter what conclusions you draw from DialIdol's predictions - think again!

Only 1.1% separate Kris and Adam - this is too close to call no matter how you calculate margin of error and no matter how many directions you apply it.

Kris seems to have that inconsequential, 1.1% lead over Adam and he held that lead pretty much the whole night. DialIdol measured the busy signal every four minutes last night. What was interesting was that Kris seemed to consistently beat Adam by that slim margin for the first two hours of voting - as opposed to them alternating victories. This is a sign that the data you see is accurate but - again - there is no way to call it accurate when only 1.1% separates them!

Adam seemed to fair better on the West coast winning all three Pacific states and edging Kris more often than not. Traditionally these Pacific states have a hard time over-riding what happened in the rest of the country but with scores this close it is simply too close to call!

bonniejeanne
05-20-2009, 12:39 PM
I liked Kris a lot better last night. I also liked his version of the final song, though the judges seemed to like Adam's better.

dangerousfem
05-20-2009, 01:45 PM
If you are going to DVR it tonight make sure you set it to record over time.... Ryan already said they would be running over.

skyrider
05-20-2009, 07:03 PM
yessssssssss the right one won lol ( don't want to ruin it for those that are dvring)

vicky122
05-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Nope the wrong guy won.

speedygirl
05-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Nope the wrong guy won.

Agreed, but i do like them both. :)

OmaLisa
05-20-2009, 07:15 PM
Once again America got it wrong!!!!

ilovecats
05-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Nope,they got it right.I actually thought the other guy was going to win,so did the winner.It doesn't really matter though,they both will be famous because they both got what it takes.

tarasdream
05-20-2009, 07:27 PM
yessssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the right one won!

Apollo08
05-20-2009, 07:30 PM
They will both be as forgettable as this entire season has been. Even with the drastic changes, Idol's ratings keep declining. 70% of the viewers do not like Kara as a judge. If Simon leaves after next season, Idol will be cancelled.
Idol used to be my favorite show, but it has been getting worse since the season before Taylor Hicks won. I'm not a country music fan, but the last great season was when Carrie Underwood won. I never was an Adam Lambert fan and his voters let him down. I expected they would.

Congrats to votefortheworst.com for helping Kris Allen become the newest American Idol!

ilovecats
05-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Not sure why they would be forgettable?A lot of people got famous after being on the show.

Apollo08
05-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Not sure why they would be forgettable?A lot of people got famous after being on the show.

The only winner who's music I buy is Kelly Clarkson's. The others would not sell any CDs if they depended on me. I download the songs I like for free, but they record hardly any that I care about listening to. Several of the contestants who have finished a lot lower have recorded CDs that I liked much better.

How many of you are actually going to buy a boring Kris Allen CD? Adam's should be interesting, but I doubt if I would buy it.

ilovecats
05-20-2009, 07:59 PM
I predict they both will be famous.I liked both of them.If Kris is so boring,how come he won?

lucimPI
05-20-2009, 07:59 PM
I would buy Adam Lambert in a minute--would I buy Kris-not on a bet. He is fine if you like country but that is about it. He "shy" backwood type just does not go on the music scene unless you are truly a superstar of which I don't think he is or will be. I was so shocked that as soon as the winner was announced I shut off the TV and vowed that I would never watch American Idol again. The last few years IMHO were soooo boring and now comes Adam who really stood out, was polite and surprise surprise could sing just about anything thrown at him and was not chosen. Well, I choose not to watch the show again...

ilovecats
05-20-2009, 08:04 PM
I would buy Adam Lambert in a minute--would I buy Kris-not on a bet. He is fine if you like country but that is about it. He "shy" backwood type just does not go on the music scene unless you are truly a superstar of which I don't think he is or will be. I was so shocked that as soon as the winner was announced I shut off the TV and vowed that I would never watch American Idol again. The last few years IMHO were soooo boring and now comes Adam who really stood out, was polite and surprise surprise could sing just about anything thrown at him and was not chosen. Well, I choose not to watch the show again...

Not sure why you wouldn't watch again.I think all the judges wanted Adam to win,it was the voters who picked Kris.Either way,this won't be the last we hear from either of them.Of course Adam is going to make it,he does have what it takes.

cathych
05-20-2009, 08:08 PM
They will both be as forgettable as this entire season has been. Even with the drastic changes, Idol's ratings keep declining. 70% of the viewers do not like Kara as a judge. If Simon leaves after next season, Idol will be cancelled.
Idol used to be my favorite show, but it has been getting worse since the season before Taylor Hicks won. I'm not a country music fan, but the last great season was when Carrie Underwood won. I never was an Adam Lambert fan and his voters let him down. I expected they would.

Congrats to votefortheworst.com for helping Kris Allen become the newest American Idol!

Lets see, how many of these winners do we hardly ever hear of anymore? Taylor Hicks, Fantasia Barrino, Ruben Studdard, and the runners up.....
Justin, Bo Bice,Blake Lewis, where are all these guys?

Debbie
05-20-2009, 08:14 PM
I wanted Adam to win,he deserved it,as soon as Ryan said Kris,I turned the channel,
Adam will get a deal,no doubt.

Congrats to Kris!

baragabrat
05-20-2009, 08:31 PM
I didn't watch Idol this season as I felt it was extremely boring. I used to watch but haven't in a long time. That said, what with all the "Adam" hype I thought he would be the winner so was surprised to see that Kris won. Another shocker this week on reality TV.

bonniejeanne
05-20-2009, 09:16 PM
Lets see, how many of these winners do we hardly ever hear of anymore? Taylor Hicks, Fantasia Barrino, Ruben Studdard, and the runners up.....
Justin, Bo Bice,Blake Lewis, where are all these guys?

Justin probably makes quite a good deal of money hosting things on the TV Guide Channel. It seems like every time I turn it on, there he is.

bonniejeanne
05-20-2009, 09:19 PM

I don't consider Kris "country" at all. I liked his performances better in the last couple of shows than I liked Adam's. Adam did a lot of screeching which I didn't like. He was a good singer but he really couldn't sing everything. He certainly couldn't sing "country" and there are a lot of country music fans out there.

lucimPI
05-20-2009, 09:46 PM
My reason for not watching Idol again is that by the time they go through all the losers and get to the actual number and then start weeding out, I am burnt out on the show. I for one freely admit that I cannot sing but some of the shows with the tryouts were just a waste of my time. I think they put some of the more stranger one's on and for me it is just embarrassing for all concerned. I used to be more interested in the show rather than the many weeks prior to the actual show. Don't get me wrong, I like some country music but I just do not feel that Kris has the stage presence. I don't think he could get on a big stage for a concert and really own the stage, and when I go to a concert I want to see the stage owned by the performer.

Apollo08
05-20-2009, 10:50 PM
My reason for not watching Idol again is that by the time they go through all the losers and get to the actual number and then start weeding out, I am burnt out on the show. I for one freely admit that I cannot sing but some of the shows with the tryouts were just a waste of my time. I think they put some of the more stranger one's on and for me it is just embarrassing for all concerned. I used to be more interested in the show rather than the many weeks prior to the actual show. Don't get me wrong, I like some country music but I just do not feel that Kris has the stage presence. I don't think he could get on a big stage for a concert and really own the stage, and when I go to a concert I want to see the stage owned by the performer.

I agree that Kris is boring. I wouldn't go see him perform if it was a free concert. He's the second winner that votefortheworst.com has crowned. The first was Taylor Hicks. What does that tell you?

Something else is strange about Idol. It was posted on the internet on Wednesday, May 20th, 2009 at 6:01 am that Kris had won by dial Idol. They posted: "According to their reports, Kris Allen is in the lead with a 1.1% margin separating the two". How are they getting the results when Telepost is supposed to be the independent vote counter?

A lot my friends quit watching Idol too. Enjoy next season. It will be the last with their ratings continuing to drop. Simon is planning on leaving then too.

Njean31
05-21-2009, 06:05 AM
i thought for sure adam had this win. he is just so dern awesome!! he'll be a superstar either way.

Urban Cowgirl
05-21-2009, 08:14 AM
I dvr'd last night, so I could get to bed. But this morning when I heard who won...I felt like someone pissed in my cheerios!

Renrut
05-21-2009, 08:56 AM
The ONLY reason Kris won was because he got Danny's votes. If you watched it on Tuesday night, Kris was so off key on songs 2 and 3. Kris is boring and there are a ton of him already out here on the market.

Adam was truly different and could sing anything. He was kinda out there but that's what made him different.

I would go or listen to a kris event even if it was free. I will probbaly buy Adam's cd out of curiosity. I think his first one will be mellow and he will get wild on the 2nd one once the money starts coming in.

If It was decided on talent and talent only, Adam would have won hands down.

keoka3
05-21-2009, 09:05 AM
Here are the top seven reason Adam lost.
http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/popvox/archive/2009/05/20/american-idol-and-the-winner-is.aspx

SLance68
05-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Adam lost for the same reason that David A lost last season. The judges had anointed him the winner by week 2 and the voters just proved the judges wrong. I wanted Danny to win - but I voted for Kris since I cannot stand that horrible screaming that Adam does - it is quite disgusting.

freebielover
05-21-2009, 06:14 PM
Love Adam but I'm glad he lost. Now he has a shot at getting a good record deal & putting out good music instead of the No boundaries Idol crap. Kris is suited to be the idol, boring and will do the pop thing. Can't WAIT to hear Adams album!

Apollo08
05-21-2009, 09:52 PM
I dvr'd last night, so I could get to bed. But this morning when I heard who won...I felt like someone pissed in my cheerios!

:rofl:

Bet lots of people felt like you. Your post cracked me up!

:rolling

I didn't like Adam at first, but some of his performances were outstanding. He definitely was the most unique contestant. Kris is gonna be in the boring class with Studdard and Hicks. Adam blew Kris away in the finale and should have won. Only Simon gave round 1 to Kris, but I liked Adam's performance even better in that round too. I never vote, so I shouldn't complain. If they had limited voting, I would vote. As long as they keep letting people vote hundreds or thousands of times, Idol never will be fair.

littlered1
05-23-2009, 11:21 AM
I don't think having the title or not is going to have any effect on Adam's carreer. Those who love him will stick by his side and buy his cds and go see him in concert.
As for Chris, I wouldn't pay to go see him or buy his music.
The only ones that I really thought were my style of singing and music were Danny and Allison.

[U]"I never vote, so I shouldn't complain. If they had limited voting, I would vote. As long as they keep letting people vote hundreds or thousands of times, Idol never will be fair. "[/U
]So very true!!!!!!!

woleys
06-05-2009, 11:49 AM
I personally love Kris.........so its all about what you like. I like Adam too. It don't matter who won..........they will both be big stars. I also liked Danny & Allsion as well. :) I think they will all get a record deal. I am happy for all of them.

skyrider
06-05-2009, 12:32 PM
I agree that Kris is boring. I wouldn't go see him perform if it was a free concert. He's the second winner that votefortheworst.com has crowned. The first was Taylor Hicks. What does that tell you?

I actually went to a taylor hicks concert and believe me much better than he was on the show the crowd loved him