PDA

View Full Version : Pork chops?

newwiccan
03-25-2009, 03:10 PM
I really don't care for pork chops but my husband does so I need to find new ways to cook them. Does anyone have any good crock pot recipes? :thankyou

OkeDoke
03-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Sorry not crock pot but is easy!

I get the boneless pork chops (6) and season them and fry them for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side. In a casserole dish I put 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, 1 can of rice (use the soup can) then 1 can of milk, stir together then put the pork chops on top and cover. Bake at 350º for about 40 minutes or until rice is soft.

Hope that helps you out alittle.

freeplease
03-25-2009, 04:01 PM
I actually made these today! I use a Reynolds cooking bag, and man, do they turn out tender! Like, fall apart tender.

8 pork chops, sprinkle with salt & pepper
Reynolds cooking bag-be sure and shake with a T flour
1/4 cup water

350 degree oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I threw some taters in the oven, and served twice bakes with it. My family was thrilled. And no mess. I hate frying chops. The grease gets everywhere.

newwiccan
03-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Thank you!!!

atprm
03-25-2009, 04:42 PM
when I make chops, I let them marinate in a mix of:

1/8 cup of Southern Comfort
1/2 cup water
4 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 sliced onions (medium thickness)

overnight in fridge.

then bread them and bake them until they are done.

the alcohol cooks out, but leaves the "sweet" behind, the vinegar softens the meat till it falls off the bone when cooked.

:)

krisharry
03-25-2009, 04:52 PM
I like porkchops -flour, eggwash, breadcrumbs, brown in pan, bake in oven w/sweet onions

marinate in key lime juice, grill

MMMMM now I want porkchops

magickay
03-25-2009, 05:03 PM
Season w/ S&P, garlic powder, chili powder; brown on each side; remove. Throw some diced onions, garlic and green pepper in skillet and saute til tender. Throw in a can of diced tomatoes, little bit of oregano and cumin for a more 'Spanish' flavor. Put pork chops back in and simmer. I don't know the timing on this, I just do it :)

Eyore
03-25-2009, 08:05 PM
I like getting the boneless pork chops and having the meat dept run them through the thing they do cube steaks in. So it looks like cube steak but is pork instead of beef. Then I salt, pepper, flour and fry.

Jackie_Blu
03-25-2009, 08:40 PM
I actually made these today! I use a Reynolds cooking bag, and man, do they turn out tender! Like, fall apart tender.

8 pork chops, sprinkle with salt & pepper
Reynolds cooking bag-be sure and shake with a T flour
1/4 cup water

350 degree oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I threw some taters in the oven, and served twice bakes with it. My family was thrilled. And no mess. I hate frying chops. The grease gets everywhere.

Thank you! this sounds great:) You dont brown them or anything b4 you put them in the bag?

lucimPI
03-25-2009, 09:49 PM
I dip mine in flour-beaten egg with a little milk-cracker crumbs. Brown in top of stove and then pop in the oven. Sometimes if I want more crumbs, I will redip in egg and again in flour. If you get the thin chops you can use your hand and beat (I use a cast iron fry pan with a piece of saran wrap over chop) them really thin and then deep fry like you would a pork tenderloin and have sandwiches. You can also use this on boneless chicken or even round steak. Once the stuff is breaded if you do enough of it you can package it and freeze until you want to use the rest. I usually buy (when on sale) a couple of big packages and do them up and then make smaller packs and freeze.

Urban Cowgirl
03-26-2009, 04:45 AM
My favorite way is to cook them in apple Juice. you need a large deep skillet Lay your pork chops down and fill that skillet right up with apple juice cook them over medium low..turning often. Cook them until the juice evaporates down to the consistency of honey the Pork Chops are beautifully glazed and oh sooo yummy!

PS: this will take well over and hour....probably an hour and a half but the pork chops will melt in your mouth!

freeplease
03-26-2009, 05:32 AM
Thank you! this sounds great:) You dont brown them or anything b4 you put them in the bag?

Nope. They just get nice and brown in the bag. I swear, I'd cook everything in those bags. I HATE clean up. lol

Just remember not to stack them on top of each other. Otherwise, they don't get nice and brown. Use a big cake pan. And don't forget to cut slits in the bag.

My husband was thrilled to come home to pork chops yesterday. The house smelled so good!

socks1211
03-26-2009, 08:00 AM
i just throw them in the crock pot with some saurkaraut
but i do have a recipe i will post it later for porchops in mustard sauce

tljohn123
03-26-2009, 09:13 AM
super easy.....we like this one a lot

layer porkchops on the bottom, salt and pepper to taste, then a later of sliced potatoes, a layer of sliced onions, layer of canned mushroom, then goop on cream of mushroom soup. cover it with tinfoil and bake until the porkchops are done...yummy!

jasmine
03-26-2009, 09:30 AM
My favorite way is to cook them in apple Juice. you need a large deep skillet Lay your pork chops down and fill that skillet right up with apple juice cook them over medium low..turning often. Cook them until the juice evaporates down to the consistency of honey the Pork Chops are beautifully glazed and oh sooo yummy!

PS: this will take well over and hour....probably an hour and a half but the pork chops will melt in your mouth!

I've never heard of that before, it sounds good and since I have juice around here all the time cause of the baby, I'll have to try it. Thank you!!

tsquared
03-26-2009, 10:55 AM
T flour.............is this a new kind of flour??

Jackie_Blu
03-26-2009, 11:15 AM
T flour.............is this a new kind of flour??

lol I believe the T stands for Tablespoon.:)