PDA

View Full Version : Cash For Gold ??

loris520
03-25-2009, 01:19 PM
Has anybody tried cashforgolddotcom? I have some old broken rings,ect and I want to know if anyone has used them before. I just don't want to get ripped off. Thanks in advance.

poggles3
03-25-2009, 01:22 PM
I used them about a month ago, I took the same items to town an they actually wanted to pay about 15 bux less, I just wanted to try it so sent the items in 2-3days later got the amount they were willing to pay and after agreeing it was 1-2days and they put the money in paypal, I would definitly recommend them

loris520
03-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Im going to try it. What about old rings that have stones in them. Do I just remove them or send them in too?

jasmine
03-25-2009, 01:37 PM
I thought about using red swan, it is endorsed by racheal ray and the people they had on her show one day were raking in the money!
http://www.redswan.com/

the site also states

If you are not absolutely satisfied with your payment, you may simply notify us at 1-888-309-SWAN within 10 days of the date on the check and return the check to us. The item(s) will then be returned to you free of charge

buttrfli
03-25-2009, 01:42 PM
I just watched one of those investigative shows (20/20, dateline.. something like that) where they did a comparison of some of those companies (including cashforgold) and Cashforgold came out as a rip off. They offered something like $80 for $400 worth of gold. They interviewed the owner and he said that he offered $80 because thats how much it was worth to him.

Personally I would try to find a local company to sell to. At the very least, go to someone to find out the value so that you don't get ripped off.

3lilpigs
03-25-2009, 01:48 PM
I just watched one of those investigative shows (20/20, dateline.. something like that) where they did a comparison of some of those companies (including cashforgold) and Cashforgold came out as a rip off. They offered something like $80 for $400 worth of gold. They interviewed the owner and he said that he offered $80 because thats how much it was worth to him.

Personally I would try to find a local company to sell to. At the very least, go to someone to find out the value so that you don't get ripped off.

I agree. I've seen all kinds of news reports about these companies, and none of them got a good review.

froggman
03-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Here are a couple of threads about cash4gold. Hope this helps.

http://www.bigbigforums.com/off-topic-chat/585839-cash-gold.html?highlight=cash4gold

http://www.bigbigforums.com/sale-trade/564292-get-rid-unwanted-gold-jewlery-cash-24-hour-turnaround.html

whatever
03-25-2009, 04:08 PM

I agree as well. I was thinking about doing this to. But I know there are alot of local places doing it now that I would do local. PLus I would make them weigh it and give me the quote BEFORE I handed over my gold.

ilovecats
03-25-2009, 05:55 PM
I saw some people on one of the morning shows talking about how they got scammed using that place.

DAVESBABYDOLL
03-26-2009, 01:52 AM
Your best bet would be to go to a jewlery store, they pay pretty well.

3lilpigs
03-26-2009, 06:21 AM
another thing I have heard is that the envies that you send the jewelry back in, have become quite recognizeable to those that work in the post office, and the items end up being stolen.

(no offense to anyone who works for the post office....I'm just reporting what I heard. lol)

tljohn123
03-26-2009, 09:20 AM
I was thinking about doing this as well, but I'm guessing I'm not going to now!

Oh, and I did take my old wedding band to a jewelry store around here---about the only one that actually buys old jewelry...for my $3000 wedding ring (back in the day when I actually had money) they were going to give me $50! And they said it was because of the labor to take out the stones.

jasmine
03-26-2009, 09:24 AM
well, I'm stil gonna try the red swan since you can reject the money they offer you and get your jewelry back. And also when they were on the Racheal Ray show they really explained what all they do and how they guarentee

ilovecats
03-26-2009, 07:31 PM
I saw some people on one of the morning shows talking about how they got scammed using that place.

I forgot to mention that cashforgold was invited to the show.I believe it was "the Mike and Juliet show" and did not respond.That clinched it in my mind,why didn't they stand up for themselves if they aren't doing anything wrong?

Quaker_Parrots
03-27-2009, 02:54 AM
I was thinking about doing this as well, but I'm guessing I'm not going to now!

Oh, and I did take my old wedding band to a jewelry store around here---about the only one that actually buys old jewelry...for my $3000 wedding ring (back in the day when I actually had money) they were going to give me $50! And they said it was because of the labor to take out the stones.

Just becaue you paid $3000 for it doesnt mean that is what it is worth. That is the retail price.