PDA

View Full Version : Doctors need more education....at least i think so!!!

lovefree
03-25-2009, 09:32 AM
As I had posted a short time back...I found out I was pregnant...I scheduled my doctors appt and saw the doc 5 days later...Told them my last period was Jan25th.....at my age, u keep up with everything....i make stars on my calendar when i get cycles..and other designs when i have sex *smile*
So, i get my pap, get an ultra-sound...and am told..You must have ur dates wrong, because i dont see anything in the uterus yet...he asks me to come back in a week.....by this time, im like "WTF" i know when my cycle was..i know how many weeks preggo i am...now, i think im crazy...
On March 13th my sons bday..we go to Red Robin to celebrate..i get sick as a dog before i even order a drink..my tummy hurts..im sweating...i feel like vomitting.....every day since then i was sick...felt gas like pains...even called the doc and asked what was going on...he said take Metamucil....i didnt take anything...jus dealt with it...
Well, the night before the appt..i was in pain as usual..and it hurt to even sit to urinate....i started using the toilet in a cup cause all i could do was stand..
It's thursday the 19th..and i get to my appt...told him i still had pain, and we do another ultrasound...still nothing in the uterus...we do more bloodwork..my pregnancy levels are found to still be rising...so, im scheduled for laproscopy the next morning to see inside...i hurt so bad the night before my hubby even gets worried...
then finally friday arrives..and im in recovery...the fetus was 6 1/2 weeks like i knew it was suppose to be...but it was tubal...and it had already ruptured...i was dying and the man didnt know it...WTF
i lost the baby and the tube...and now im home using my disability insurance because i am still moving around like an old lady....
if this guy knew i had a tubal reversal...miscarried once before..why on earth didnt he look for a tubal pregnancy, instead of telling me i was wrong about my dates? i now have 3 holes in my tummy..my navel doesnt look like a navel anymore...and my mind is really fuc&*d up right now...and to top it all, he never talked to me or my hubby after the surgery....i still dont know what to expect....yesterday..i passed large masses of tissue on the floor and couldnt even bend to clean them up...my boys ages 16 and 14 loved me enuff to pick up blood clots off the floor the size of small pancakes....
i know this is long..but i have to get this off my chest...Im hurt...and im confused...and i welcome your prayers....God is good in spite of it all..I can say this, because im still here....
thanks for letting me whine....Love~free

pepperpot
03-25-2009, 09:45 AM
:hug I so feel for you. I know how excited you were and so sorry it turned out this his way for you. Please rest and take it easy, you are dealing with so much now. :hug

April78945
03-25-2009, 09:47 AM
I'm sorry for your loss.

dangerousfem
03-25-2009, 09:57 AM
:grouphug

Lild
03-25-2009, 09:58 AM
I knew it was a tubal when you explained how you were feeling at Red Robin.. I can't believe with your history that he wouldn't think to check, especially with the hormone rising.
I am so so so sorry you are going through this....Your recovery is in my prayers. If you need someone to talk to, please pm me...

ElleGee
03-25-2009, 10:01 AM
:hug

momfromTN
03-25-2009, 10:38 AM
I am not a sue-happy person, but I would be seeking the advice of a good attorney. You could have died. And just ignoring you after the surgery? Um...hell no.

4diego
03-25-2009, 11:06 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, your in my prayers.

sheila_361
03-25-2009, 11:09 AM
so sorry for your loss

Army-Mom
03-25-2009, 11:13 AM
I am so sorry for your loss..you are in my prayers

cabby92
03-25-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm sorry for your loss and what you had to deal with also.

BeanieLuvR
03-25-2009, 11:46 AM
I'm so sorry. Praying for your recovery. :hug

LuvBigRip
03-25-2009, 12:37 PM
I am so sorry for your loss and I hope you heal rapidly, both physically and emotionally.

whatever
03-25-2009, 01:16 PM
I am truly so sorry. I remember when you told "us" on here you were pregnant.
I agree with the other OP. I don't believe in sue happy. But at this point if you have all that history and he knows it in your chart and with your symptoms...............
I agree with you. Dr. today are not listening to their patients. They are in such a hurry to rush patients in and out. And this is what happens!

meltodd69
03-25-2009, 01:32 PM
I am so sorry for you and your dh's loss.
It does seem like when you tell your DR what is going on, anymore they ignore you. Or they snap at you and tell you that you are playing DR or self diagnosing. No one knows you better than you. I think these DR's are forgeting some of the basics, like listen to your patient.
You take it easy for awhile and rest. If we can do anything for you, just ask.

speedygirl
03-25-2009, 02:27 PM
Sorry for your loss. Your symptoms were classic of an ectopic pregnancy. We see that frequently in our office and send the patient to the hospital immediately with those symptoms. The post op is really uncomfortable for a few days. By the weekend you should be feeling less pain. I hope you feel better soon. Hugs.

dinosmom
03-25-2009, 02:38 PM
I am so sorry for your loss! HUGS

ilikefree
03-25-2009, 02:44 PM
I am truly so sorry. I remember when you told "us" on here you were pregnant.
I agree with the other OP. I don't believe in sue happy. But at this point if you have all that history and he knows it in your chart and with your symptoms...............
I agree with you. Dr. today are not listening to their patients. They are in such a hurry to rush patients in and out. And this is what happens!

I totally agree! So sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers.

ttistin
03-25-2009, 03:28 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, hope you get to feeling better soon. :hug

You are not alone, "we" are always here to give a :hug or a shoulder to cry on.

stellatj
03-25-2009, 03:49 PM
so sorry for your loss. hope you feel better real soon

iluvmybaby
03-25-2009, 04:12 PM
. I am so sorry for your loss, what a horrible and traumatic thing to happen in a time that was supposed to be exciting and happy. My thoughts and prayers are with you. That being said, on to my next advice, CALL A LAWYER. I can not believe that you had a ruptured tubal pregnancy and he/she told you to use metamucial. You need to have your medical expenses covered and your loss of work covered. You also deserve to be compensated because now it will be even more difficult to get pregnant with just one tube. Please keep us updated, I hope that you get to feeling better

krisharry
03-25-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss, and I'm sorry that your dr. didn't check, you would think he would check for a tubal if there was nothing in the uterus, right?

ilovecats
03-25-2009, 05:51 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.I hope you feel better soon.

Jackie_Blu
03-25-2009, 06:10 PM
I, too, am so sorry for your loss. :hugs and prayers for speedy and complete healing.
I agree, also, with some others on the fact that this Dr. needs some reports/complaints filed against him. Sounds to me like gross negligence. I would start by getting copies of all visits, procedures,etc. from his office and the hospital.

YankeeMary
03-25-2009, 08:24 PM
My heart goes out to you! HUGS!!! I pray you will eventually find a way to deal with all that has happened to you. I can't imagine the thoughts and feelings you have and will go through. Please know this board is full of wonderful women and men that will always be here for you. HUGS!!! I am sorry!

jcw
03-25-2009, 08:41 PM
I am so sorry

gmyers
03-25-2009, 08:57 PM
I'm really sorry for your loss. Doctors sometimes don't seem to listen to you. They will even argue they're right. I'm sorry you went through all this.

chib44
03-25-2009, 09:16 PM
As I had posted a short time back...I found out I was pregnant...I scheduled my doctors appt and saw the doc 5 days later...Told them my last period was Jan25th.....at my age, u keep up with everything....i make stars on my calendar when i get cycles..and other designs when i have sex *smile*
So, i get my pap, get an ultra-sound...and am told..You must have ur dates wrong, because i dont see anything in the uterus yet...he asks me to come back in a week.....by this time, im like "WTF" i know when my cycle was..i know how many weeks preggo i am...now, i think im crazy...
On March 13th my sons bday..we go to Red Robin to celebrate..i get sick as a dog before i even order a drink..my tummy hurts..im sweating...i feel like vomitting.....every day since then i was sick...felt gas like pains...even called the doc and asked what was going on...he said take Metamucil....i didnt take anything...jus dealt with it...
Well, the night before the appt..i was in pain as usual..and it hurt to even sit to urinate....i started using the toilet in a cup cause all i could do was stand..
It's thursday the 19th..and i get to my appt...told him i still had pain, and we do another ultrasound...still nothing in the uterus...we do more bloodwork..my pregnancy levels are found to still be rising...so, im scheduled for laproscopy the next morning to see inside...i hurt so bad the night before my hubby even gets worried...
then finally friday arrives..and im in recovery...the fetus was 6 1/2 weeks like i knew it was suppose to be...but it was tubal...and it had already ruptured...i was dying and the man didnt know it...WTF
i lost the baby and the tube...and now im home using my disability insurance because i am still moving around like an old lady....
if this guy knew i had a tubal reversal...miscarried once before..why on earth didnt he look for a tubal pregnancy, instead of telling me i was wrong about my dates? i now have 3 holes in my tummy..my navel doesnt look like a navel anymore...and my mind is really fuc&*d up right now...and to top it all, he never talked to me or my hubby after the surgery....i still dont know what to expect....yesterday..i passed large masses of tissue on the floor and couldnt even bend to clean them up...my boys ages 16 and 14 loved me enuff to pick up blood clots off the floor the size of small pancakes....
i know this is long..but i have to get this off my chest...Im hurt...and im confused...and i welcome your prayers....God is good in spite of it all..I can say this, because im still here....
thanks for letting me whine....Love~free

Iam so sorry you lost the baby God Bless you and yours your children are really special . I might think about a lawsuite if I were you , Your surley could have died. Good luck hope you get better real quick.

Tasha405
03-25-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss (((Hugs)))

Freebeemom
03-26-2009, 05:15 AM
Wow, I am so sorry for you. Definatley switch doctors. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a "rating" system or a place to review doctors. I would call your insurance co. and report the doctor. I am so sorry for you.
I hope you heal quickly.

smileyeyes
03-26-2009, 05:49 AM
I am so sorry. I have been were you are. I sent you a PM if you need to talk.

Jackie_Blu
03-26-2009, 06:52 AM
Wow, I am so sorry for you. Definatley switch doctors. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a "rating" system or a place to review doctors. I would call your insurance co. and report the doctor. I am so sorry for you.
I hope you heal quickly.

Actually there are several websites to rate your Doctor and review others' ratings. If you type in 'rate your doctor' on google. Seems someone had posted one here quite some time back. I thought I had it saved in my favs but cant find it right now.

hblueeyes
03-26-2009, 07:11 AM
So sorry. I lost a child to miscarriage and it is hard. It still affects me 20 years later.

Report, complain and seek legal advice. If you knew or suspected, voiced it to your doctor then he should have checked at a minimum for your peace of mind and rule it out.

Me

VenuStar
03-26-2009, 07:41 AM
huggles

tljohn123
03-26-2009, 09:26 AM
I am so sorry. I have never been able to get pregnant because of hormonal problems. Definatley find another doctor and definatley consult a lawyer. This 'doctor' could have killed you. Huggssss...

klutzie56
03-26-2009, 10:22 AM
It's hard to believe in this day and age a doctor can be so stupid. I was pregnant in the tube 48 years ago and the doctor knew immediately what was wrong. I was told to go to the hospital immediately and they would'nt let me get out of bed until the surgery.
I am sorry for your loss. Back then I did'nt have any idea that I was even pregnant.

kelblend
03-26-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. I wish you peace in everything.

I think it shows how quickly docs deal with patients. I seriously wonder if he even read the chart or had someone cliffnote it for him. I believe that's why he didn't come to see you afterward. The man knows what he did was wrong.

WtPlover
03-26-2009, 03:21 PM
sue sue sue sue I would the doctor who swore to preserve and protect life blew you off like you were crazy I would sue him bigggggggg

Mini
03-26-2009, 04:23 PM
I have a question...Im NOT trying to be mean or anything so please dont read that into it but..if you KNEW in your heart something else was going on other then what he told you why didnt you get a 2nd opinion??? If I knew I was pregnant and some quack was telling me I wasnt Id throw a fit.

Anyways like I said not trying to be mean I am really sorry for your loss I cant even imagine losing a baby!

iluvmybaby
03-26-2009, 04:34 PM
I have a question...Im NOT trying to be mean or anything so please dont read that into it but..if you KNEW in your heart something else was going on other then what he told you why didnt you get a 2nd opinion??? If I knew I was pregnant and some quack was telling me I wasnt Id throw a fit.

Anyways like I said not trying to be mean I am really sorry for your loss I cant even imagine losing a baby!

She said she went back and forth to hospitals and that everyone said nothing was wrong.

smileyeyes
03-26-2009, 08:18 PM

I have been in her exact position. I was pregnant, knew something was wrong and it ended in a tubal pregnancy. I was just like the OP at the hospital and doctor countless times. It doesn't matter to them. You are just another body sometimes and that is what is so sad. Going through what she is going through, whether you have or have not had a child, is a horrible feeling inside of you. One that will be with you for a very LONG time. All I will say is that I pray for a peace over the OP and lots of :grouphug 's coming her way cause beleive me she is going to need them!