PDA

View Full Version : Hours Cut

Mary Jo
03-24-2009, 05:15 PM
This is more a SCREAM than a vent and whine.
I'm down to a 4 day work week.
Can't see what more I can cut out. I'm the only one working in my family here.
Guess I'll use that day off to check out the food bank.

iluvmybaby
03-24-2009, 05:23 PM
This is more a SCREAM than a vent and whine.
I'm down to a 4 day work week.
Can't see what more I can cut out. I'm the only one working in my family here.
Guess I'll use that day off to check out the food bank.

I am so sorry your hours were cut, what a terrible situation to happen in this horrible economy. I hope that you get back to 5 days instead of 4 so you can break even. One thing that has saved me a lot of money is salvage grocery stores. They are awesome for soups and canned fruits etc, just be careful to check the expiration dates. The only thing I buy 99% of the time is cheese and fruit in season from my local produce stands, which saves a lot of $

FauxHoChic
03-24-2009, 05:26 PM
That does suck, any prediction of when you'll get back to f/t? Can you supplement the income by taking a job at a fast food joint or similar place?

whatever
03-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Sorry. I hope its only temporary. It seems like things just keep getting worse instead of better. Not that tihis is much help, but at least you will get that stimulus starting in April in your checks.

pepperpot
03-24-2009, 05:56 PM
:hug

Army-Mom
03-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Hope things start to look up for you and your family...sending hugs

Renrut
03-24-2009, 06:54 PM
What stimulus in checks?

Mary Jo
03-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Renrut, the stimulus is a reduction in payroll taxes starting April 1 which should give full-time workers an extra $13 per paycheck.

Mary Jo
03-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Well, when it rains it pours.
My DSL is working ok but my landline is out and the phone company can't get here til Friday at the earliest. And I don't have a cell.

FauxHoChic
03-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Renrut, the stimulus is a reduction in payroll taxes starting April 1 which should give full-time workers an extra $13 per paycheck.

But, don't forget, it won't be adjusted when you do your taxes next year, so you may want to have a little bit more withheld on your W-2 so you don't get any surprises. Just saying.

atprm
03-24-2009, 08:17 PM
But, don't forget, it won't be adjusted when you do your taxes next year, so you may want to have a little bit more withheld on your W-2 so you don't get any surprises. Just saying.

welcome to BBS --

seems strange to jump right into a vent post without any intro... but welcome anyway.

ahippiechic
03-24-2009, 08:22 PM

:dancing:

Glad you are here!

:slap

jcw
03-24-2009, 08:52 PM
welcome aboard FauxHoChic

FauxHoChic
03-25-2009, 03:26 PM
welcome to BBS --

seems strange to jump right into a vent post without any intro... but welcome anyway.

If this were a smaller board, I could see it :itsme: