PDA

View Full Version : they just don't listen

ttistin
03-20-2009, 11:33 AM
my son (who is 10) has his own cell phone. He has been getting phone calls from 603-214-3342

It is a recording about car warranty, I press 1 to talk to someone and I tell them phone belongs to a 10 year who doesn't own a car to stop calling. They hang up and within an hour he has another phone call from them.

One time I asked them what vehicle this warranty was for and when they said for any we own, I said well this phone is a 10 year olds he hung up really quickly lol

They are driving me crazy.

freeby4me
03-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Is there any way you can block their number? That would be so annoying.

SLance68
03-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Call your cell phone carrier they can block the phone number.

Eyore
03-20-2009, 11:49 AM
Try blocking the number. If you can't block the number your self, try calling your cell phone carrier and ask if they will block it.
My daughter has Verizon and she had to call them to have them block a number but it is only for like a month that Verizon would block it for.

ttistin
03-20-2009, 11:51 AM
LOL i didn't even think of that, def going to block it. Thank you guys :)

Mom2-3boys
03-20-2009, 12:17 PM
yep call and get the number blocked. my mom was getting some really nasty voicemails from a lady that thought she was calling some guy and she was Po'ed he wasn't answering her calls...my mom even called her and told her she was getting the wrong number....but she kept calling til mom blocked the number.

LitWtch
03-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Report the number to the phone company - we are also getting those calls, and we never had a warranty through them. My friends have gotten the same call.

evrita
03-20-2009, 01:00 PM
It is a scam 603 is NH and we get them at work all the time I ask to have the number taken off thier list and they just dont listen.

ttistin
03-20-2009, 01:59 PM
It is a scam 603 is NH and we get them at work all the time I ask to have the number taken off thier list and they just dont listen.

Yea I figured it was a scam, my dad got a call from them the other day and he kept asking the lady what vehicle was the warranty up on cause they have 5 vehicles, she kept saying that the warranty was up on it. He asked her 5-6 times what vehicle and finally he yells the question and she hung up on him lol It takes a lot to make my dad yell.

SLance68
03-20-2009, 02:35 PM
It is like the scam calls we get at work from the "copier company". I just cuss them out and hang up on them before they can hang up on me. Funny part is the copier company we use is in the suite next to ours and we are their land lord and they get calls from the same solicitors. I really do love the ones from the car warranty company since my car is only 10 months old and has a 7 year extended warranty on it.

speedygirl
03-20-2009, 02:52 PM
I registered my cell phone on the do not call list and it has cut down on a lot of these calls. That said, some of these scammer telemarketers use a service that masks the real number with a phony throw away fake number. If you try to return the call from the # on your caller ID, you'll get a not in service message. They did a thing on our consumer section of the local news.

Jackie_Blu
03-20-2009, 03:06 PM
I registered my cell phone on the do not call list and it has cut down on a lot of these calls. That said, some of these scammer telemarketers use a service that masks the real number with a phony throw away fake number. If you try to return the call from the # on your caller ID, you'll get a not in service message. They did a thing on our consumer section of the local news.

Good idea. I put my cell on the do not call list and it has helped immensely. I was getting alot of those warranty calls, from different #s. I just continued to hang up on them. On my land line too. I know its a pain. if you request them to remove your # from their list, they will continue to call, sometimes using another #. They have finally nearly quit.

Mini
03-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Yep put it on the DNC list. If your numbers on there they arent suppose to call you, nobody is. But of course they do anyways. We get those calls on the house phone pretty often I was just going to put it on the list here in a minute after we had the number changed geez it went from being none at all to non stop

galeane29
03-20-2009, 05:48 PM
My son gets the car warranty calls on his cell all the time also.

IthinkNOT!
03-20-2009, 06:22 PM
I get the warranty calls to on my cell. Usually I cut them short. They act all in a panic saying "Did you know the warranty on your car has run out?" and then quickly hang up when I tell them the warranty on my car went out 23 years ago.

ilikefree
03-20-2009, 06:43 PM
I have a prepaid cell phone and it drives me crazy when I get these calls. There are only about 5-6 people who have my number and I don't know how these knuckleheads got it. I've blocked the number, only to get the same calls from different numbers. I think I'll put my number on the do not call list right now while I'm thinking about it.

kmtsn
03-20-2009, 09:14 PM
samething happened to my 11 ds today

meltodd69
03-21-2009, 05:43 AM
I get these at work and on my cell. Very annoying!! One day it was two different numbers. I use my cell for sweeps, you never know I might win lol. So I answered. Not even 5 minutes later another one with a totally different number. My sister talked to them one day. She has a 94, they told her they have a warranty for her lol. She was like for what my wiper blades LMAO.

ttistin
03-21-2009, 05:44 AM
We have verizon and with his phone I can block his incoming and outgoing calls to only the ones in his contacts. So that is what I did, it is nice to not have to deal with them anymore lol

I guess they will end up calling my phone soon...I will enjoy it while I can.

ttistin
03-21-2009, 05:46 AM
I have a prepaid cell phone and it drives me crazy when I get these calls. There are only about 5-6 people who have my number and I don't know how these knuckleheads got it. I've blocked the number, only to get the same calls from different numbers. I think I'll put my number on the do not call list right now while I'm thinking about it.

When we had prepaid cells we wouldn't answer for anyone except the people we knew. Figured if it was important they would leave a message, saved a lot of my minutes.

hotwheelstx
03-21-2009, 09:54 AM
If I don't recognize the number on my cell/home phone I don't answer. If it's important enough they'll leave a message.

Even when my mother passed away (it was the middle of the night) the officer kept talking on the recorder til I could get to the phone.

starduster31
03-21-2009, 10:11 AM
i got a call from them one time, and the lady said, " hi, i am calling to let you know you can extend the warranty on your new car !!!" i asked her, which new car, as my newest car is a 1993. she said, "your new car !!' i said, which new car, she said, your new one. iasked her one more time, and sha said and i quote, " If you will shut up a minute, I will tell you !!" i said, oh, hell, no, you did not just tell me to shut up !!! you called me, you shagnasty ho dog !!! she got a good cussing, but they still call at least twice a day. hard headed, huh ? LOL

VALENA-)45
03-21-2009, 05:38 PM
I was also getting the "car warranty" calls, on both the land line phone and on my cell phone. They were waking me up at 7 o'clock every morning like clock work. I told them, "I have two cars and both of them are too old for your program. Please take me off of you call lists, cause you are only wasting money calling me." The calls stoped after I, told them this. They are very annoying. See if this would work for you. Good Luck.

atprm
03-21-2009, 06:28 PM
we get the same call about warranties on both the cell phone and the house phone.

I have decided to always ask them "I would like to extend the warranty on my 2005 Amigo"

(they can never find an Amigo, so they ask for the mfg, which I tell them is German Manufacturer).

LOL

they get confused!

~*~

here is where you can find the listing of LONG complaints for this company, INCLUDING their corporate number to contact them: www.whocalled.us