PDA

View Full Version : My first whine...

mom3cats
03-19-2009, 10:26 PM
I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday. All 4. They were cut out. Can I even explain to you how much pain I am in and how these hydrocodnes are not working?! I just want to scream. On top of it I baby sit 3 little kids, and it was terrible today :( Oh, and I WANT TO EAT!!! I am sick of pudding!

And now next week I have to get another sugery called LEEP.

Ahh :(

Okay done.

P.S. Hey yall, Im new :) lol

gmyers
03-19-2009, 10:35 PM
First of all welcome and I hope your teeth feel better. I don't think theres anything like tooth pain.

mom3cats
03-19-2009, 10:58 PM
First of all welcome and I hope your teeth feel better. I don't think theres anything like tooth pain.

Thanks for the welcome, and you are so right :(

BeanieLuvR
03-19-2009, 11:19 PM
Hello and welcome! It should be somewhat better tomorrow. I had all 4 of mine cut out when I was around 16. I remember I had a lot of bleeding. Yuck. I hope you are feeling better tomorrow. :hug What is LEEP surgey? I don't believe I've ever heard of it.

atprm
03-19-2009, 11:30 PM
I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday. All 4. They were cut out. Can I even explain to you how much pain I am in and how these hydrocodnes are not working?! I just want to scream. On top of it I baby sit 3 little kids, and it was terrible today :( Oh, and I WANT TO EAT!!! I am sick of pudding!

And now next week I have to get another sugery called LEEP.

Ahh :(

Okay done.

P.S. Hey yall, Im new :) lol

there is nothing like tooth pain -- btdt.

Along with Hydrocodone you can take an Ibuprophen.

It is best to call your dentist and let him know that the hydrocodone is not working....and ask him to write you an Rx for Ibuprophen 800's -- those work the best, and work VERY well in conjunction with Vicodin (or any acetamenaphen based drug).

You CAN take both together since they treat different triggers -- Aceta.. treats fever and pain... Ibupro.. treats inflamation and pain.

Make sure you eat something (yes, I know it's hard to eat) -- toast, breads, etc before you take the medicine because you might end up throwing up (very upsetting to tummy).

I just had an abcessed tooth that they pulled out -- and was in so much pain I just couldn't describe how it felt.

Good foods after teeth pulling:

french onion soup (with the bread, sans the cheese)
buns -- as funny as it is, I went to McDonald's after I had all my upper teeth pulled and asked for a hamburger, minus the burger...)
soft french fries
baked potato
donuts (my favorite was cinnamon)
croissants (from the bakery)

mom3cats
03-20-2009, 12:30 AM
Thanks yall. I cant eat anything but pudding and yogurt. I cant even open my mouth.

As per the LEEP, its surgery on your cervix :(

justme23
03-20-2009, 01:40 AM
Are they doing your LEEP in office or in an operating room? I've had the LEEP done. She normally does it right in her office w/out even putting ladies to sleep but I had to go to the operating room and get put under.

Anyways... this is a super easy surgery to go through. I had it and a DNC at the same time. And it's basically painless. I was sore and had bleeding for about 4 hours. She didn't even give me pain pills. I was at home and sitting in front of my computer about 7 hours after we arrived at the hospital. I wish all surgeries were that easy. About a week later I started losing my scab... and then it's over. I assume you had a pap come back bad? What stage were the cells? Mine were stage 2 which is not cancerous... so I got real lucky... I hope you are too!

hotwheelstx
03-20-2009, 01:58 AM
I'm sorry you're in pain. CALL YOUR DR. ASAP AND ASK FOR ANOTHER RX. Most dentists don't want you to be in pain. (my aunt's ex-husband is an oral surgeon). Usually they're more than happy to give you something else.

Mine's a long story having my wisdom teeth taken out. I had to make the appt. while I was at work on my lunch hour. Had 2 pulled in one day, went back to work, next week other 2 pulled on lunch hour, went back to work.

Boss at the time wasn't to understanding and DEMANDED I COME BACK. Needless to say the very next week I started looking for other work. Boss still didn't get it when I turned in my resignation.

I lived on cold potato soup, ice cream pops for about 2 days. Along with meds. it was bad but I didn't really care with the meds.

Hope you're on the mend soon.

Welcome to BBS.

Recipe for cold potato soup...sounds gross but it's really very good:

3 C. peeled -- sliced potatoes
3 C. sliced white of leek
1 1/2 Qt. white stock -- chicken
stock or canned chicken broth
salt to taste
1/2 C. whipping cream -- (1/2 to 1)
white pepper
2 Tbsp. minced chives -- (2 to 3)

Simmer vegetables in stock or broth. Puree the soup
either in blender or processor. Stir in the cream. Season to
taste, oversalting very slightly as salt loses savor in a cold
dish. Chill. Serve in chilled soup bowl and decorate with
minced chives.

tngirl
03-20-2009, 03:35 AM
Don't stress out over the LEEP. It just sounds scarier than it is. When I had mine done there was just a bit of discomfort afterwards that was gone in a day.

Were you picking up those little kids? You shouldn't be doing lifting after getting your wisdom teeth pulled.

Mary Jo
03-20-2009, 04:11 AM
I am so sorry about the pain. It should get better in a day or two.
The way I look at it is if you're wisdom were bothering you a few days of pain is worth it since they'll never bother you again.

Urban Cowgirl
03-20-2009, 04:29 AM
I feel for you...I had to have emergency surgery to remove my wisdom teeth when I was 18.....my top two were in my sinuses (which probably explains my never ending sinus infections)....they had to cut through skull bone to get them...

I was soo sick of pudding its about all I ate for 6 weeks!!! You will probably be much better very soon, mine was an extreme case!

Hope you feel better soon! I can't believe you are babysitting this soon afterwards!

SLance68
03-20-2009, 07:14 AM
I can't believe you were babysitting after having them all removed. I had mine taken out when I was in High School and I don't remember much - high tolerance for pain and low tolerance for pain pills - I was out for 3 days.

If you do take anything else with the Hydrocodone make sure it is not a Tylenol type product - ibuprofen is OK but not something with acetaminophen.

ElleGee
03-20-2009, 08:44 AM
UGH mouth pain is the worst! I am 35 and my wisdom teeth are just starting to grow in.. Since I am missing my back teeth the wisdoms are supposed to take the place of those but the growing is taking forever and a day.

Feel better soon!

mom3cats
03-20-2009, 08:50 AM
Thanks everyone <3 I am not feeling any better today infact, worse so DH is going to call my dentist and tell him I need something else.

As far as the LEEP I am not sure where she is doing it. I think in office maybe?

fleabones3
03-20-2009, 09:29 AM
Ouch.. I had all 4 of mine pulled, well cut out really, mine were all impacted. Hurt like hell. Cheeks swelled up..miserable. I lived on mashed potatos from KFC..I couldnt handle anything cold. Good luck, hope you get to feeling better soon

mom3cats
03-20-2009, 09:36 AM
Ouch.. I had all 4 of mine pulled, well cut out really, mine were all impacted. Hurt like hell. Cheeks swelled up..miserable. I lived on mashed potatos from KFC..I couldnt handle anything cold. Good luck, hope you get to feeling better soon

I have been eating mashed potatoes from KFC to. The first day I could not handle anything hot. I am able to eat mashed potatoes now though :)

Thanks!

April78945
03-20-2009, 10:34 AM
I had my wisdom teeth out when I was 19 and it was a trip! Whatever they gave me to put me to sleep was awesome. I woke up and saw smurfs building a tower on my chest and just laughed and laughed. I walked down a whole flight fo stairs fine and then when I went to leave the doorway I fell..and just stayed there laughing. my mom and the medical assistant had to pick me up. It ws FUN.
I don't remember much pain, I remember the taste of blood and the feel of the stitches on the raw gum. I am pretty sure I milked it and stayed in bed for a week. My BFF Adam would come and sit next to me like I was in a hospital and we would watch tv while my mom brought me meds and ensure drinks. lmao
Hope you fel better...make sure you rinse with salt water!

And.......I have seen and heard alot of things and have a fairly strong stomach..but

About a week later I started losing my scab...

made me dry heave lol

shadowcats
03-20-2009, 04:53 PM
had cervical cancer when i was 27 and the chemo pills made my teeth flake and i couldnt afford to cap all my teeth , lol so i had them pulled and now have dentures , much less pain,,,,,,,,,,, and im alergetic to codine,,,,,lol i m glad i dont have to go to the denstist anymore,,
sharon:dancing::dancing:

will be praying your better soon and painfree stat,,,,,,,,,,

IthinkNOT!
03-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Sorry to hear that you are in pain, and I hope your dentist gives you something better for pain.

Luckily all my wisdom teeth were able to be pulled instead of cutting, I still have one left to go, an upper one, but I am waiting until summer for that, so that maybe my sinuses will clear up.

I recently had to get 2 of my front teeth pulled and that hurt me worse than any of the wisdom teeth. I lived off of cheese soup and pudding for a week. After the wisdom teeth I was able to eat anything I wanted, was just careful not to chew on that side of my mouth. But the not being able to bite into anything has thrown me for a loop this time.

mom3cats
03-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Called the dentist, told him hydrocodone is not working so he gives me davroct. Its a pain pill that is less stong than hydrocodone. Grr, irritated!!

Jackie_Blu
03-20-2009, 08:00 PM
I hope you feel better real soon! Wish we were close...I have some oxycodone left over that to me is awesome for pain:)

SLance68
03-21-2009, 08:30 AM
Called the dentist, told him hydrocodone is not working so he gives me davroct. Its a pain pill that is less stong than hydrocodone. Grr, irritated!!

I am guessing he called in the prescription. The reason he couldn't give you anything stronger is that it has to be a written prescription for something like Tylox. I am guessing it say's to take 1 or 2 every 4 hours of the vicodin (hydrocodone). Try taking 1 and then take another 2 hours later - keep doing them this way and it should pretty much knock you out most of the time unless you have an extremely high tolerance for pain killers.

mom3cats
03-21-2009, 09:25 AM
I am guessing he called in the prescription. The reason he couldn't give you anything stronger is that it has to be a written prescription for something like Tylox. I am guessing it say's to take 1 or 2 every 4 hours of the vicodin (hydrocodone). Try taking 1 and then take another 2 hours later - keep doing them this way and it should pretty much knock you out most of the time unless you have an extremely high tolerance for pain killers.

I seem to have a huge tolerance for them. Why???? Ahh!!