PDA

View Full Version : Quick question, what are inexpensive ways that you pamper yourself

iluvmybaby
03-17-2009, 03:53 PM
The economy is so terrible that like most people, I have very little cash to spend on indulgences such as products to pamper myself or manicure and pedicures at a salon. I have come up with a few ideas for cheap, easy ways to perk me up, make me feel and smelly pretty without breaking my budget. I would be intrested in learning your ideas/tips/tricks. Thanks in advance.

Idea # 1: Pedicure and manicure at home, total cost $4. I go to walmart and buy the pedicure set of the pink and white. I make my own foot scrub with ingrediants I have around the house or are cheap to get. Here is one recipe

* 3 cups epsom salt (or coarse sea salt)
* 1 cup almond oil (or canola oil or olive oil)
* Essential oils for fragrance
((Keep in mind I can get 20 I pedicures/manicures out of those kits and the foot scrubs the epson salts can last forever in a sealed bag)) I use this on my feet and my hands for baby soft skin at a cheap cheap price.

Idea #2: I am an avid reader, I live in a tiny town with a tiny library which never seems to get anything new/interesting. I do not have $7.99 and up for ONE book. I came up with the idea of having a "yard sale book exchange," once a month. Everyone brings what they want to trade, no sales. Softback for 1 softback, 3 softbacks for a hard back etc. I have been suprised how much it has grown in just 6 months, I have not bought a single book but the Twilight series in half a year. Whatever is left over and not traded gets donated to waiting rooms at local Drs offices and to the hospital waiting room so family has something to do while they are waiting on a loved on/visiting.

Idea #3: Movie night IN. When you go to your local theater you usually spend $8.50 a person plus at least a drink. This can add up quick. Check your local movie stores, a lot of them have deals where you can rent for $2.50 on some nights or get 2 for 1 one weekends etc

So far, those are the only ones I can think of. I would love to hear all of your advices on frugality without sparing the comfort of being pampered

ElleGee
03-17-2009, 04:07 PM
The only thing I paper myself with is nail polish. I don't know why. I never skimp when it comes to that and almost 90% of the time I buy OPI. And then I buy snap on phone covers for my iPhone that match my nail polish. I just ordered 2 more covers to go with my collection.. I know nerdy pathetic lol

Char
03-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Personally, I shower, lay across the bed, and let the hubster massage me with oil...lol, that's a fact, doesn't cost a penny ! :D

whatever
03-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Sunday is my day to not have to do any household chores (If I chose), cook or whatever and just relax and watch my race for the day.
I'm sure I do other things but that ones comes to my mind right now.....

BeanieLuvR
03-17-2009, 04:43 PM
I sit down with a gossip magazine and a box of Lindt Lindor Truffles. I bought the truffles 75% off at Christmas so they are a cheap treat. :D

jasmine
03-17-2009, 10:14 PM
for me since I have kids, have to wait untill they go to bed. But sometimes I make myself a nice hot bath and fill the bathroom with only candle light, a whole bunch of candles, sit there and soak, maybe with a glass of a little something to drink, a margarita or some cheap wine. Then get out and lotion down, put on my favorite pj's and just sit and veg out.

Mom2-3boys
03-18-2009, 07:28 AM
Idea #2: I am an avid reader, I live in a tiny town with a tiny library which never seems to get anything new/interesting. I do not have $7.99 and up for ONE book. I came up with the idea of having a "yard sale book exchange," once a month. Everyone brings what they want to trade, no sales. Softback for 1 softback, 3 softbacks for a hard back etc. I have been suprised how much it has grown in just 6 months, I have not bought a single book but the Twilight series in half a year. Whatever is left over and not traded gets donated to waiting rooms at local Drs offices and to the hospital waiting room so family has something to do while they are waiting on a loved on/visiting.

That's a great idea! I am an avid reader too. We have a Dollar Tree store and that's where I buy my books from. You can find some VERY good hardcover books for $1. When I use to live in a bigger city I use to take them to the used book/cd place and trade them for $...I usually got $2/book...so I made $ off the deal...now I don't have that luxury and the are beginning to stack up in my room. Will have to try that when it's get nicer and more people are ready to venture out.