PDA

View Full Version : ratcoon

katzenberg
03-16-2009, 03:31 PM
i have had to trap a ratcoon it was really sad .i think it was a neighbors pet it really makes me ticked off and it not far to it.she going to have babies she really meanand vicious.so i was afatd of rabies.

tarasdream
03-16-2009, 03:49 PM
i have had to trap a ratcoon it was really sad .i think it was a neighbors pet it really makes me ticked off and it not far to it.she going to have babies she really meanand vicious.so i was afatd of rabies.

i hope you took it to the woods and lrt it go

4diego
03-16-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm not trying to sound like an idiot, but your talking about a raccoon right? Greyish animal with rings on it's tail? Just wondering if I was on the same page or not.

hblueeyes
03-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Here trapping and releasing raccoons is illegal. Letting them go in the woods creates havic in the social order of things along with problems id they are diseased. Better to call you local or county animal control.

Me

shadowcats
03-16-2009, 08:30 PM
your supposed to call the control officer and then they relocate them to an area that needs restocking , they rarely put them to sleep unless they are sick
lots dont know racoons cant be given rabies shots, it gives them the rabies,,,,,,,, worked for a lady who had six of them critters, they tore everything up lol,,,,,,,,,,, she had a permit to have them since she kept them in home and controled,,,,,,,,, said you get fined if your found keeping them cause of the rabies issues,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i think its the same with possoms and other kinds of critters like that even birds,,,,,,,,
so dont feel bad, give the animal to animal control,,,,,,,,,,
its kinder in the long run,
sharon

katzenberg
03-17-2009, 06:12 AM
sorry i made a mistake .i was wanting some ideas on what to do with it not replys making fun.

ElleGee
03-17-2009, 06:22 AM
No one is making fun of you and people have given you suggestions.

4diego
03-17-2009, 08:31 AM
I promise I wasn't making fun, I was just making sure I had the right picture in my head. You really never know anymore with the way people cross-breed (like dogs, etc...) animals to get "designer" animals.

magenta
03-17-2009, 09:12 AM
We called the game commissioner/game warden guys. They set up box traps and took him away to re-release our raccoon. He was really cool to watch. On his hind legs he was about as tall as a 4 yr old. He got to be a big nuisance getting in the trash cans. Those buggers are so smart. He would take the bungy cords off our cans. We watched him sit and open a lollipop and eat that. He came everynight for over a week before I called. I didn't want him relying on our trash to find food.

But yeah, you need to call your game warden they can be rabid and they will rely on your enviroment instead of their own, which isn't good for him either.

4diego
03-17-2009, 10:11 AM
As big as a 4 yr. old? I had no idea they could get that big!

Jenefer3
03-17-2009, 10:25 AM
We have two raccoons that like to come out and "play". They got into a fight with something, not sure what, just heard all the screaming and stuff and then saw one of them walking with blood all over them. I called our humane society and they wanted an address for the raccoons...???....After telling them that they lived in a tree next to our house, they said they still needed a physical address of where the raccoons lived - not my address....I tried explaining that I wasn't quite that friendly with them and hadn't been invited to their home so I didn't know their physical address. So they still roam around...one is mean is hell...it'll just glare at you but the other one just goes on about its day without a care in the world.

Mom2-3boys
03-17-2009, 10:56 AM
We have two raccoons that like to come out and "play". They got into a fight with something, not sure what, just heard all the screaming and stuff and then saw one of them walking with blood all over them. I called our humane society and they wanted an address for the raccoons...???....After telling them that they lived in a tree next to our house, they said they still needed a physical address of where the raccoons lived - not my address....I tried explaining that I wasn't quite that friendly with them and hadn't been invited to their home so I didn't know their physical address. So they still roam around...one is mean is hell...it'll just glare at you but the other one just goes on about its day without a care in the world.

LOL wanted the raccoons address jeez

Jolie Rouge
03-17-2009, 11:05 AM
I called our humane society and they wanted an address for the raccoons...???....After telling them that they lived in a tree next to our house, they said they still needed a physical address of where the raccoons lived - not my address....I tried explaining that I wasn't quite that friendly with them and hadn't been invited to their home so I didn't know their physical address.

And did you ask where the person you were speaking with bought his "stash" ... sounds like :vollkommenauf: ~or~ :canabis: ~or~ :smokin: ~or~ :drunk then you need :pepsi: ~&~ :lurker

:ciao:

4diego
03-17-2009, 12:23 PM
I guess we don't have many raccoons around here, not that I see anyway. We have tons of opossums though. I'm still trying to picture one the size of a 4 yr. old, I'd probably be scared to death! I know people that have eaten opossums & raccoon, yuck!

hotwheelstx
03-17-2009, 12:44 PM
Raccoons are vicious around here. We have 2 that live in our backyard that come out at night. You see them fighting, hitting each other if you're watching out the window. Gutsy little things. I'm terrified Jamie and Toddie (pets) are going to get caught up with those animals. Raccoons would eat both of them alive. Year before last they destroyed our entire summer garden.....ate everything that we grew.

If the 2 we have are the same ones that have been around they're HUGE NOW. I didn't realize they could go so big. They out weigh Jamie (our biggest dog) and he's 21 lbs.

Call animal control. I have but they can't/haven't caught the 2 that we have. There's a dam on the other side of our fence and I know that's where they go during the day to hide. Animal control won't go over there, though.

shadowcats
03-17-2009, 06:27 PM
heres what you do , you say those coons are acting strainge , walking in circles , etc , staggering , etc, and if they dont come and set a trap for them youll call the local news station and report you think there mite be rabies in them and that the animal control wount even try to capture them , believe me you ll ;get service so fast your ll head will spin,,,,,,,,,,, rabies signs are coons or other wild life staggering , walking in circles , say they look like they are spitting something , lol they ll kill them selves trying to capture them ,,,

sharon