PDA

View Full Version : Gloomy.down.depressed?

missteena
03-14-2009, 07:09 PM
Well, I have to come and vent because I have been feeling this way lately and I am not sure exactly why but it's really irritating...here goes...

Within the last couple weeks I have been feeling very gloomy. My moods are up and down and all over the place. My birthday is next month and it's my "Big 21" and everyone keeps asking me what the plans are and I keep saying "Honestly, I wish I could just sleep the day away." We were originally planning a short "getaway" but now that doesn't sound like fun....not even going out to dinner sounds like fun. LOL and as I am sitting here typing this I am making a disgusted face at even the thought of doing any of the above.

Anyways...the more I thought about it today, the more I think I am distributing signs of depression. I don't really have energy to do anything, my mood sways back and forth quite frequently, I have been sleeping a lot lately, and I have noticed I've been eating more to comfort me. Now I was starting to eat pretty healthy and I was feeling great about myself...I don't really think a change in diet can cause you to fall into a depression though..just doesn't make sense. Cuz like I said...I felt great about myself and now...not so much.

And nothing really terrible is happening to me. Actually family life is well, personal life is well, and I am moving forward at work so WTF? We aren't having any financial problems or struggling or anything of that nature. To think about everything in my life there is absolutely NOTHING wrong but yet...I still feel this way.

*sigh* I don't know what to do anymore..it's not fair to anyone...I mean I try...honestly to have a good time and just tonight I threw a surprise baby shower for a girl at work and had a great time but now that I am home and by myself it's like I hit an all time low. I feel like I am going through a farking midlife crisis......WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!??!!

Well, writing this has made me feel slightly better. Thanks for reading.

Added: And please don't tell me to see a doctor, because I have no insurance and am trying to get the money together to see a doctor for a prior issue.

chib44
03-14-2009, 07:14 PM
So sorry your feeling down, if it lasts much longer talk to your PC provider. I think we all get down sometimes and hopefully this well pass Good Luck

krisharry
03-14-2009, 07:58 PM
sorry you are feeling bad, but everyone gets in the dumps sometimes, maybe the weather? all the gloom and doom on the news? try exercise, herbal teas, anything that you enjoy that will lift your spirits.

speedygirl
03-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Feel better. By the end of winter a lot of people get down in the dumps. if your mood doesn't get better soon please call your doc to talk to someone. Hugs.

YankeeMary
03-14-2009, 08:36 PM
You could always try St. Johns Wort. Its otc and helps with depression. It really couldn't hurt as long as you don't have any serious health issues. Good luck.

BeanieLuvR
03-15-2009, 12:39 AM
I was going to suggest exercise too. I have been depressed since Christmas. Last week I made myself start walking/jogging on the treadmill. I can already tell a difference. I hope you start to feel better soon. It is no fun being down in the dumps. :(

baragabrat
03-15-2009, 07:23 AM
I was going to suggest exercise too. I have been depressed since Christmas. Last week I made myself start walking/jogging on the treadmill. I can already tell a difference. I hope you start to feel better soon. It is no fun being down in the dumps. :(

I've been overly stressed the last couple days and rather than go nuts (which used to be my typical behavior), I got on my stationary bike and rode. I'm here to tell you that exercise helps with all kinds of emotional problems. Especially since you can't see a doc, which is the best advice.

Depression is normal. It's one of those things that we all go through. But pay attention to how long it lasts. If it lasts a long time, you will need to see a doc.

You know, for a lot of folks, turning certain ages really gets them down. I've heard of folks getting depressed over turning every age and 21 is a milestone. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

dinosmom
03-15-2009, 07:53 AM
I get very depressed around my birthday. I always have. I can remember being 10 and dreading my birthday party. I dont know why, I just do. And when I turned 21, it was the WORST! But after that it started getting better. Heck now I am lucky just to remember its my birthday! LOL

I also agree with exercising. It releases endorphins and makes you feel SO MUCH better! Even a walk around the block (which is what I do).

HUGS!!!!!

Kimberly61
03-15-2009, 11:29 AM
sorry your feeling so down......I say take a YOU day and do what YOU want even if its sleep all day.....Hope you feel better soon:) ((HUGS))

LitWtch
03-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Sorry you're feeling down, but honestly, you know you NEED to see a doctor. These feelings are somewhat normal for those being a bit older, but you are turning 21 - that is a major milestone and one to be excited about! The seasonal changes could be an issue. But you will not know unless you talk to the doctor.

St. John's Wort is used to elevate your mood, but is not effective for everyone. Exercising helps - even a bike ride around the neighborhood is an easy mood lifter. A walk with the children. Anything to get you out and about.

Quite watching/reading the news - the economy is horrible, we all know it, but the stories make it worse! How about a little pampering for yourself? A nice spa treatment or manicure/pedicure helps to lift the spirits, and aren't all that expensive.

whatever
03-15-2009, 04:36 PM
I know how you feel. When its this time of year and my pain gets bad etc. I get kinda down myself. I try to get outside. Take a walk, do outside stuff etc.
Good luck and hope you feel better.

dangerousfem
03-15-2009, 05:14 PM
you could very well be suffering from seasonal depression... a lot of people get it.. and this has been a really hard winter for most areas.. you may just need a few days of sun and warmth.

msmom79
03-15-2009, 09:17 PM
I'm so sorry you feel so down-it is that time of the year when alot of us get depressed
maybe its because we want to be outdoors in the sunshine,but its just not warm enough yet.
Exercise is a great idea ,maybe go to a spa to relax a little-rent a motel room for the night,that has an indoor pool.
Get a make over or have your hair cut and dyed.
Dancing ,sometimes can relieve stress,and maybe do a night of roller skating or rollerbldes,anything to keep your mind occupied,can help-most of all you need to seek the advice of your doctor,maybe he/she will let you make payments.good luck to you-will keep you in my thoughts.

klutzie56
03-16-2009, 09:56 AM
Are you taking tyroid or hormones. Hormones can do a lot to change your mood.

missteena
03-18-2009, 06:20 AM
No....I honestly think it was a combination of the weather and sometimes I have a tendency to get bad anxiety over things that aren't too serious. I have been feeling better the past couple of days so hopefully I can continue to feel that way.