PDA

View Full Version : My Vehicle Whine

OmaLisa
03-14-2009, 05:15 PM
I think I deserve to whine a little bit. Two weeks ago on Monday morning heading to work my transmission went out. Called a friend and they came and picked me up and we dropped off my keys at my mechanic and my friend dropped me off at work. They had my vehicle for 8 days before I finally got it back!!! Got quite the run around.

So, anyway, picked it up the following Monday night after work. Last Saturday I decided to go to Kohl's to get a new pair of jeans as I only had 2 pair that fit me. Well guess what? I barely made it home. My new (rebuilt) $1400 transmission went out!!! I called and left a very nice (sarcasm) on my mechanics answering machine expecting a call back first thing Monday morning. He called alright, called my home number and I was at work. Anyway I called him at about 8:20 am and said "My Jimmy is in my driveway, the keys are in the mailbox and it better not be sitting at my house when I get home from work". Needless to say it wasn't and it only took 2 days this time to put in the new transmission. I picked it up Tuesday night after work and everything seems to be running good. I'm so happy.

Yesterday, I get off of work at 4:30 pm, walk out to my Jimmy, get in and IT DOESNT START!!!! Are you freaking kidding me!!!!!! Luckily I caught one of the guys I work with as he was getting ready to drive off so we tried to jump it to no avail. My SO George and I went out to work this morning, pulled the battery and went and bought a new battery at Wal Mart. Thank God that was all it was. I seriously would have shot the damn thing yesterday had I had a gun on me. I swear, I can't take one more thing breaking down on that thing anytime in the near future.

On a positive note, I had bought the previous battery at Wal Mart 4 years ago. It had a 3 year warranty. However, they gave me warranty credit with no receipt for the new battery. So the new $75.00 battery only cost me 39.75 with tax and the $9.00 core charge. I thought that was really nice of them!!!

April78945
03-14-2009, 05:22 PM
OOOOOOO I would have been pissed too! Nothing gets me hotter than car toruble.
I used to have a mercury sable and the damn 02 sensors would go on in daily. I'd bring it in, get new sensors and the next day the ****ing check engine lights would come on again. It got to the point I was seriously wanting to drive to the dealership and light the car on fire in the parking lot. I'm sure a few people thought I was a maniac fi they saw me driving to work when I would notice the light and start shaking the steering wheel and swearing. lol

Hope nothing else goes wrong with your car!

BeanieLuvR
03-15-2009, 12:33 AM
Glad you finally got it fixed. I hate car trouble. That was nice of Walmart.

krisharry
03-15-2009, 11:08 AM
Oh, you poor thing, car problems are the worst, I completely understand the frustration, don't you wish you could just blow them up sometimes? Hope it lasts a long time problem free for you now.