PDA

View Full Version : help with pain in hand

lymi
03-13-2009, 07:49 AM
I've had pain in my left hand for about 3 weeks now. Worse at night and in the morning, but hurts all day. Slight swelling in the knuckle area. Warm to the touch. It really hurts when I stretch out my fingers. So I kinda keep them bunched up. Did a search. Come up with arthritis and tendintus. Also Fibromagia. I have been diagonose with fibro, but they haven't done anything for it. Has anyone had this kind of pain, and what do ya think it is? Sorry about my spelling, there are some long words here lol

Anniston
03-13-2009, 07:53 AM
I would think that it is the Fibromyalgia acting up. Why have they not done anything? Have you tried resting your hand on a heating pad?

April78945
03-13-2009, 07:58 AM
I had something similiar a few years ago. Mine was because I was resting my elbow on the side of the car when I was driving and it was pinching a nerve

lymi
03-13-2009, 08:01 AM
It is frustrating. Years ago, the docs said I had it. I went to the doc a couple of months ago, and he put it down as the diagonsis again. I do have a lot of the pains and symptoms. I do have degenerative bone disease, which seems to be fairly common. Everytime something else starts hurting, I feel like such a baby. I just deal with pain and keep going. But it is hard sometimes. I do have good days and bad days. But the bad seem to outweigh the good. I went to the fibro website (thanks Hippie) I was surprised how many of the symptoms I have are real. I read stuff and would say, that's me. But the meds for it are so expensive. So I've never pushed it.