PDA

View Full Version : Guess what I did today?

Kelsey1224
03-11-2009, 02:47 PM
I went to a taping of The View. The ladies have been taping all week from the Disney Studio Lot here in Burbank.

Fun times...got some nice swag (something we all get).

Renrut
03-11-2009, 07:37 PM
I would love to go as long as I don't have to look at elizab**ch

BeanieLuvR
03-11-2009, 11:27 PM
You get to do a lot of cool things! Can you tell us about the swag or is it something you can't talk about?

Kelsey1224
03-12-2009, 08:51 AM
This particular show was all about Disney and the guests were Bob Iger (our CEO), John Lassiter (CEO of Pixar) and Patrick Dempsey (such a cutie patootie). Plus there was a segment where Whoopie got to tour the Archives Warehouse which is full of tons of Disney props, costumes, and memorabilia. A friend of mine who works in the Archives gave her the tour and was on air.

Anyway, on March 10 at our annual stockholders meeting, Bob announced the launch of D23...a Company sponsored fan club about all things Disney. Annual membership costs $74.99 which gives you a quarterly magazine, discounts on merchandise (which I get better ones as an employee), as well as exclusive D23 merchandise, etc. There will also be an annual convention/expo...the first one will be in September in Anaheim.

The audience all got one free year's membership in the club. Unfortunately, I had already bought membership the day before which was the launch date. However, I'm going to give it to some family members who also love Disney.

We also got a Blue-Ray DVD of Wall-E, as well as a certificate for an "UP" video game (yet to be released). "UP" is the new Pixar film which is opening in May. We are to send in the certificate indicating the platform of your gaming system (in my case, I selected Wii).

Last October, Barbara Walters became a Disney Legend. Every year, Disney honors those people who have made significant contributions to the company. Some are 'talent', some are technical and behind the scenes, etc. We have this large Legends Plaza on the lot and Barbara loved the venue so much that she said, "We need to tape The View from here." And so it happened. Unfortunately, when Barbara was here in October, the weather was beautiful and balmy. This week, it has been cold and dreary...at least by California standards.

They taped two episodes on Monday and Tuesday (8 & 11 am) and one (8 am) on Wednesday. The 8:00 am tapings were aired live. The 11:00 tapings on Monday and Tuesday will air today and tomorrow respectively.

Kelsey1224
03-12-2009, 08:53 AM
I would love to go as long as I don't have to look at elizab**ch

I'm not a fan either, but she was very gracious and talked to the audience during the commercial break. She was also really cute because she had attended Tuesday's American Idol taping and she was so excited about it.

BeanieLuvR
03-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Oh, I love Patrick Dempsey! You were there on a great day! :) That was some really nice swag. Your family that you give the extra membership to will be thrilled. Thanks for sharing the things you get to do with us.