PDA

View Full Version : Jilted Bachelor(Melissa) gets a new gig..DWTS

sunflowers
03-08-2009, 01:26 PM
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- "The Bachelor" star Melissa Rycroft will join "Dancing With the Stars" for the ABC show's Monday premiere, Access Hollywood has confirmed, although ABC would not confirm the news yet.

The casting was first reported by People on Sunday.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' Season 8 Cast Revealed!

The former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader, who was dumped on the "After the Final Rose" special by Jason Mesnick after he proposed to her in the "Bachelor" season finale, will replace Access's Nancy O'Dell , who had to leave the competition due to a torn meniscus in her knee. She'll be dancing with pro Tony Dovolani.

In addition to her cheerleading skills, Melissa has a background in ballet -- which could help the late addition make up for lost rehearsal time.

hotwheelstx
03-08-2009, 01:32 PM
I just read this on another site. I think it will be interesting since the new season of DWTS starts tomorrow. Wonder how long she had to practice????

Jewel also dropped out of the show:

Singer Jewel drops out of DWTS

2 days ago

Jewel and TV host Nancy O'Dell have dropped out of US show Dancing With The Stars.

Both women sustained injuries during training for the TV dance show - America's version of Britain's Strictly Come Dancing - that prevent them from continuing, network ABC announced.

Pop star Jewel was diagnosed with a fractured tibia in both legs, while the Access Hollywood host will need surgery to repair a torn knee cartilage, the network said.

A replacement for at least one of the women may be announced during the season premiere on Monday, said executive producer Conrad Green.

Jewel said in a telephone interview that she initially dismissed the pain in her legs as soreness from the show's six to eight hour daily rehearsals. She eventually sought treatment and was "completely shocked" by the diagnosis.

"The doctor just looked at me and said, 'You're done dancing'," she said.

The 34-year-old singer-songwriter said she is in pain and using crutches and will have to be seated to perform her next two shows.

Jewel's husband, rodeo champ Ty Murray, remains a contestant on the programme, though he said it's "a huge bummer" that his wife had to withdraw.

Other contestants include rapper Lil' Kim, Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson, singer Belinda Carlisle and TV personality Steve-O.

BeanieLuvR
03-10-2009, 05:39 AM
I thought Melissa did a really good job for as little time as she had to practice. I loved the things Bruno and Len said about Jason. My favorite part was when Bruno made the loser sign and called him a loser. :D I honestly can see her going far as long as she can get people to vote for her.

sunflowers
03-10-2009, 08:44 AM
She is already the one predicted to win...
Go figure ABC making it up to her for what they did to her!

sandooch
03-11-2009, 03:32 PM
She did do an awesome job with only 48 hours before the show.

I think that instead of calling the show The Bachelor, maybe they should call it The B@stard. lol