PDA

View Full Version : Trace Adkins NEVER AGAIN.

hotwheelstx
03-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Aggie and I went to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo yesterday. We took our niece. They have an outdoor carnival, amusement park there while the rodeo's going on.

After walking around almost 4 hours seeing, cows, chickens, pigs, riding all the rides, eating it was time for the concert.

There was an announcement made in the park that the concert was going to start at 4:00 pm instead of 8:00 like the tickets said.

OK, that was fine. We get into the arena, watch the riders, bronco's, clowns, everything else. Trace Adkins finally came on stage around 5:30. The man only sang 2 songs and the concert was OVER.

I'm so highly pissed. Tickets for the damn thing were $18.00 per person. Not to mention you had to pay to go to the carnival, too.

I can't believe he did that. There were a lot and I mean a lot of pissed off people when we left the arena.

Carnival was fun....got to do a lot of exciting things with niece. She rode a bull for the first time by herself.

Trace Adkins I'll never pay to see again.

freeby4me
03-08-2009, 01:07 PM
They didnt give any kind of explanation as to what was going on? That is just wrong on so many levels, I dont blame you and I wouldnt pay to see him again either.

speedygirl
03-08-2009, 01:08 PM
I was looking for a news article with a comments section to voice your displeasure, because it sucks to get screwed and found this. Was this reviewer even at the concert? lol. He says it was 50 mins long and lists a bunch of songs. You can set the record straight in the comments area.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/rodeo/features/6299710.html

CONCERT REVIEW
Adkins brings honky-tonk style to upbeat set

By JOEY GUERRA
Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle
March 8, 2009, 12:43AM

Trace Adkins hasn’t played the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo since 1998 — but the deep-voiced singer commanded the revolving stage (for just a third time) without missing a yeehaw.

Adkins has a gruff, bad-boy swagger that serves his playful lyrics well. It’s a quality that makes his material more enjoyable live than it often is on record.

Game On proved an appropriate introduction to his loose, lively performance. Adkins sported a black hat that covered his blond hair, which now falls well past his shoulders. And he gyrated his hips during the rapid-fire rhythm of Swing. (You could almost hear the collective swoon.)

Adkins crooned about “country music mixed with a little rock and a little blues” during Songs About Me — a lyric that perfectly encapsulated his 50-minute set. And he quipped that Chrome was “a song about a girl I met in Houston.” (True or false, it did the trick.)

He strapped on a guitar for I Want To Feel Something, the first ballad, and most vocally challenging moment, of the evening. His deep voice wavered in and out of range a few times.

Better was Muddy Water, his “mama’s favorite song” about a man’s spiritual redemption. Adkins injected it, and recent hit You’re Gonna Miss This, with a stirring sense of conviction.

But Adkins is at his best when he goes uptempo, with a wink. Marry for Money was a standout, a honky-tonkin’ slice of hilarity.

It signaled a string of kicky tunes that included Hillbilly Rich, Ladies Love Country Boys, One Hot Mama and love-it-or-hate-it hit Honky Tonk Badonkadonk.

“Rodeo is the good Lord’s favorite sport,” Adkins bellowed just before leaving the stage, and the crowd said amen.

joey.guerra@chron.com

hotwheelstx
03-08-2009, 01:15 PM
I was looking for a news article with a comments section to voice your displeasure, because it sucks to get screwed and found this. Was this reviewer even at the concert? lol. He says it was 50 mins long and lists a bunch of songs. You can set the record straight in the comments area.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/rodeo/features/6299710.html

CONCERT REVIEW
Adkins brings honky-tonk style to upbeat set

By JOEY GUERRA
Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle
March 8, 2009, 12:43AM

Trace Adkins hasn’t played the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo since 1998 — but the deep-voiced singer commanded the revolving stage (for just a third time) without missing a yeehaw.

Adkins has a gruff, bad-boy swagger that serves his playful lyrics well. It’s a quality that makes his material more enjoyable live than it often is on record.

Game On proved an appropriate introduction to his loose, lively performance. Adkins sported a black hat that covered his blond hair, which now falls well past his shoulders. And he gyrated his hips during the rapid-fire rhythm of Swing. (You could almost hear the collective swoon.)

Adkins crooned about “country music mixed with a little rock and a little blues” during Songs About Me — a lyric that perfectly encapsulated his 50-minute set. And he quipped that Chrome was “a song about a girl I met in Houston.” (True or false, it did the trick.)

He strapped on a guitar for I Want To Feel Something, the first ballad, and most vocally challenging moment, of the evening. His deep voice wavered in and out of range a few times.

Better was Muddy Water, his “mama’s favorite song” about a man’s spiritual redemption. Adkins injected it, and recent hit You’re Gonna Miss This, with a stirring sense of conviction.

But Adkins is at his best when he goes uptempo, with a wink. Marry for Money was a standout, a honky-tonkin’ slice of hilarity.

It signaled a string of kicky tunes that included Hillbilly Rich, Ladies Love Country Boys, One Hot Mama and love-it-or-hate-it hit Honky Tonk Badonkadonk.

“Rodeo is the good Lord’s favorite sport,” Adkins bellowed just before leaving the stage, and the crowd said amen.

joey.guerra@chron.com

If he was HE WASN'T AT THE SAME CONCERT THAT I WAS AT. The carnival was playing Trace Adkins music while everyone was outside. Those were when those songs were played.

I'm telling you he sang 2 songs and left.

If a reporter was there we didn't see any trucks. Concert was supposed to start at 8:00......Trace Adkins came on around 5:30 or so. Way before the time concert was to start.

There was NO EXPLANATION GIVEN to any ticket holder why concert was so early or why Trace Adkins exited the stage so quickly.

Paying over $60.00 for tickets...including tax you didn't get your money's worth. So many people were really angry. The arena was set up with t-shirts, keychains, hats, koozies which a lot of people had bought before the concert. Some were trying to take their items back after concert was done. That's how angry people were. One girl Aggie saw said he saw her throw a Trace Adkins CD in the trash on the way out.

Looking at the photo....that's not even what he was wearing, either.

speedygirl
03-08-2009, 01:20 PM
If he was HE WASN'T AT THE SAME CONCERT THAT I WAS AT. The carnival was playing Trace Adkins music while everyone was outside. Those were when those songs were played.

I'm telling you he sang 2 songs and left.

If a reporter was there we didn't see any trucks. Concert was supposed to start at 8:00......Trace Adkins came on around 5:30 or so. Way before the time concert was to start.

There was NO EXPLANATION GIVEN to any ticket holder why concert was so early or why Trace Adkins exited the stage so quickly.

Paying over $60.00 for tickets...including tax you didn't get your money's worth. So many people were really angry. The arena was set up with t-shirts, keychains, hats, koozies which a lot of people had bought before the concert. Some were trying to take their items back after concert was done. That's how angry people were. One girl Aggie saw said he saw her throw a Trace Adkins CD in the trash on the way out.

Looking at the photo....that's not even what he was wearing, either.

I believe you that's why I was saying that you should comment. Write to the promoters and see if you can get your money back.
One of my kids used to work at the TD Banknorth Boston Garden and if anything was cancelled, shortened, and you didn't get what you paid for they refunded your money. Good luck

ETA; there's an email addy for the reviewer to ask him where the hell he came up with that work of fiction.

hotwheelstx
03-08-2009, 01:45 PM
I believe you that's why I was saying that you should comment. Write to the promoters and see if you can get your money back.
One of my kids used to work at the TD Banknorth Boston Garden and if anything was cancelled, shortened, and you didn't get what you paid for they refunded your money. Good luck

ETA; there's an email addy for the reviewer to ask him where the hell he came up with that work of fiction.

I just emailed the reviewer. Hopefully I'll get an answer. It wasn't announced until the last minute that the concert would start earlier than intended. The reporters would have to fly to be able to get there in less than 15 minutes or so. Our local paper (offices) aren't close to the arena.

BeanieLuvR
03-08-2009, 02:01 PM
That is so wrong! I think all of you should get your money refunded. I'm glad you guys had fun at the carnival part. My favorite part of a fair is eating the food. :D

ttistin
03-08-2009, 02:49 PM
That is so wrong. I can't believe that he did that. I would complain also.

whatever
03-08-2009, 04:32 PM
I agree, I'd be highly pissed off as well!! with today economy he has to realize people are pinching pennies tighter so to spend $18 per ticket they sure as h@ll wanted to hear more than 2 songs!!

speedygirl
03-08-2009, 05:02 PM
I just emailed the reviewer. Hopefully I'll get an answer. It wasn't announced until the last minute that the concert would start earlier than intended. The reporters would have to fly to be able to get there in less than 15 minutes or so. Our local paper (offices) aren't close to the arena.

Good! I knew the reviewer of a local rag here and he would spend all of 5 minutes at the show of an artist he disliked. he'd get a copy of the playlist from the promotion manager then file a story based on that and they'd use file photos. makes me wonder if this is what that reporter did.

lisarae
03-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Are you sure that he didn't come back on at 8 like was printed on the tickets? Maybe the 2 songs were just a 'taste' for those who showed up early? (not starting anything, just a question)

Mini
03-08-2009, 06:32 PM
I was wondering about that also. That doesnt sound like him but if that was the only songs he done then yeah it was a rip off and you should get your money back or atleast a portion.

iluvmybaby
03-08-2009, 09:01 PM
I went to a rock concert that had 2 well known artists, and 1 small local band as the warm up. The warm up band was terrible. The middle band was awesome. The last band was a nationally well known, and they were terrible. The roadies were drunk and sullen, smoking where it was not allowed and stealing bottles from behind the bar. They had no one signing autographs from the band, just another drunk roady with a surly attitude. It seems that the most well known musical stars get so full of themselves they forget where they come from and who it is that pays their bills ((us buying their tickets))

speedygirl
03-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Another thing I was wondering about was that could it possibly have been the sound check? The artist usually goes out into the venue a couple hours or so before the concert and does a quick couple of songs.

DBackFan
03-09-2009, 12:13 AM
hmmm. The comments now on that article are saying positive things like what a great concert it was. Weird. Trace is a really nice guy.

jasmine
03-09-2009, 05:42 AM
what about the people that didn't show up untill 8:00 like it was originally suppose to be? I bet they were even more pissed.

hotwheelstx
03-09-2009, 08:37 AM
We arrived at the arena around 10:00 am. There was a sound check but no music....not much was played anyway. It was piped in music what we were listening to in the park.

Yes, people started showing up around 7:00 for the concert and were told they missed it.

There wasn't another concert at 8:00. Except for the exhibits inside the arena the other doors were locked to get into the concert all. No way to get in unless you passed the security guards.

Aggie said that there was a guy in the mens room calling his friends about the concert. Told them not to show up that the concert was already over.

We also saw the roadies packing up the truck to leave. We left around 8:15 or 8:30. Niece was tired, wanted to leave. So we were there for a good 10 hours or more.

Like I stated before the songs that were mentioned in the paper weren't played at the concert. They were played at the carnival.

I called my niece's grandparents today. They work at the arena where the rodeo is being held. They said that there's been a lot of calls, complaints today about the concert. Promoters are in a meeting there to figure out what to do. Trace Adkins fulfill his contract is what they're being told.

Hopefully there will be some resolution. People were really upset driving all that way, paying good money, getting dressed up for rodeo, waiting around.

BTW-No, we didn't get in for free since our niece's grandparents work there. We still had to pay for all 3 of us. Some people think that we do, we don't. Employees are lucky if they get at 5% discount on anything there.

YankeeMary
03-09-2009, 02:40 PM
I can completely understand you being upset. But I would easily pay $60.00 just to see that man...wa wa wa!!! HeHe!!!

galeane29
03-09-2009, 02:44 PM
I can completely understand you being upset. But I would easily pay $60.00 just to see that man...wa wa wa!!! HeHe!!!

When we going? LOL

YankeeMary
03-09-2009, 05:22 PM
When we going? LOL

Name the date sweetheart, I will start the jet up...hehe.

Shadowcat_99
03-10-2009, 11:32 AM
That is total Crap... Keep up posted as to what you find out, I cannot believe that that happened like that. It just does not make sense at all!

- Shadowcat

hotwheelstx
03-10-2009, 11:45 AM
I called the arena this morning, was told that Trace Adkins claims he was sick. That's why the concert was early and why it was so short.

There was never a word said about him being ill, shorter concert than expected. For the prices we paid I would of gladly come back on another day to see a full concert.

Arena is giving refunds to the ones that showed up at 8:00. However, not to the ones that actually went to the show at 4:00. I think it's a big rip off. They say they got what they paid for. No, we didn't. 2 songs and concert was over and done.

I'll never go see him again. There should of been some explanation (any kind) as to why concert was so short and earlier than expected.

Including the carnival and concert (alone) it cost $108.00. That didn't include food, drinks, games, prizes. Plus the tickets you had to buy to play the games started at $30.00 for 15 tickets.

Niece really was upset about it, too. She wanted to see him. Dressed up in her best "cowgirl" outfit...boots and all.

He didn't even have a meet and greet afterwards. Most of the entertainers doing the rodeo have that after their shows. Not all but a lot do.

BeanieLuvR
03-10-2009, 12:03 PM
That is absolutely not right. All of you should get a refund. Two songs doesn't make a concert.

tunisia
03-10-2009, 12:56 PM
I so agree w/the poster that stated that in this economy, money to support an artist by attending a concert is sometimes hard to come by. wow, that would put a sour taste in my mouth. I've been to some concerts of performers that before the concert, I was less than thrilled about attending but they put on such a great show it changed my opinion of them. Others whom I've just had to see were very disappointing, no stage presence, no audience interaction, nothing.

what was he like on stage for his two songs? did he act like he was preoccupied or something? did he interact w/his audience? I know 2 songs isn't really a long time to interact. lol I would think that somehow you could get your money refunded.

BrightEyes
03-10-2009, 01:00 PM
I am thinking maybe you were given wrong info? This lady uploaded over 680 pics from the concert

http://www.flickr.com/photos/boxerdogorama/3343928416/in/photostream/

the place looks packed I am not being snooty or meaning to sound like you are lying BTW, I am just thinking you were misinformed. I have not found anything where anyone complained about the concert.

Edited to add for some reason the rodeo website lists the concert as a 3:45 march 7 concert on the schedule. BUT if you search for tickets , results come up saying he is performing TONIGHT 3-10 at 645 as part of the rodeo???? at Reliant Stadium

moe265
03-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Lots of pics but not all of trace adkins.. we went to the Jonas Bros and I took about 200 just of them. I didn't hear about the Trace Adkins problem but I would have been way pissed if the Jonas Brothers had done that! Sorry that happened Hotwheels.

boxerdog
03-11-2009, 04:24 AM
Aggie and I went to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo yesterday. We took our niece. They have an outdoor carnival, amusement park there while the rodeo's going on.

After walking around almost 4 hours seeing, cows, chickens, pigs, riding all the rides, eating it was time for the concert.

There was an announcement made in the park that the concert was going to start at 4:00 pm instead of 8:00 like the tickets said.

OK, that was fine. We get into the arena, watch the riders, bronco's, clowns, everything else. Trace Adkins finally came on stage around 5:30. The man only sang 2 songs and the concert was OVER.

I'm so highly pissed. Tickets for the damn thing were $18.00 per person. Not to mention you had to pay to go to the carnival, too.

I can't believe he did that. There were a lot and I mean a lot of pissed off people when we left the arena.

Carnival was fun....got to do a lot of exciting things with niece. She rode a bull for the first time by herself.

Trace Adkins I'll never pay to see again.

I don't know what you are talking about, but our tickets said 3:45. The rodeo Started at that time. The pictures that I took have Trace coming out on stage at 6pm, the last picture I took of him leaving the stage was at 6:58 pm. I personally had a blast. I don't know where you were but I don't think you were at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo on March 7, 2009 at Reliant Stadium, because that article that was posted at the beginning of the comments describes exactly what I saw and enjoyed.

I wanted to say thanks to Brighteyes for posting a link to my photostream on Flickr....I really had a blast, and I think this person has been severely misinformed.

boxerdog
03-11-2009, 04:31 AM
[QUOTE=boxerdog;96123763]I don't know what you are talking about, but our tickets said 3:45. The rodeo Started at that time. The pictures that I took have Trace coming out on stage at 6pm, the last picture I took of him leaving the stage was at 6:58 pm. I personally had a blast. I don't know where you were but I don't think you were at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo on March 7, 2009 at Reliant Stadium, because that article that was posted at the beginning of the comments describes exactly what I saw and enjoyed.

I wanted to say thanks to Brighteyes for posting a link to my photostream on Flickr....I really had a blast, and I think this person has been severely misinformed.[/QUOTE**

I also heard the songs mentioned in the article at the concert. I couldn't hear outside for the carnival noise.

tunisia
03-11-2009, 05:49 AM
wow, I'm wondering if it was what someone else suggested, that it was maybe a sound check, based upon the time frames that have been posted above. that's too bad if it was. sounds like alot of folks missed out on the concert.

hotwheelstx
03-11-2009, 08:00 AM
I am thinking maybe you were given wrong info? This lady uploaded over 680 pics from the concert

http://www.flickr.com/photos/boxerdogorama/3343928416/in/photostream/

the place looks packed I am not being snooty or meaning to sound like you are lying BTW, I am just thinking you were misinformed. I have not found anything where anyone complained about the concert.

Edited to add for some reason the rodeo website lists the concert as a 3:45 march 7 concert on the schedule. BUT if you search for tickets , results come up saying he is performing TONIGHT 3-10 at 645 as part of the rodeo???? at Reliant Stadium

BTW-he wasn't wearing that shirt, either. He was wearing a white/red shirt while performing.

Yes, the place was packed w/people w/concert goers that were in the park/livestock show. There were even more that showed up for the later (origional) show.

My ex-sil who's parents work at Reliant (stadium) are trying to get me some kind of refund back. They were there (working in food court) when the concert was going on. They too heard a lot of complaints. If nothing's done to correct the problem I'll write to the promoters of the concert. Just not right in today's economy to spend that kind of money (which a lot don't have) not to get your money's worth.

DBackFan
03-11-2009, 08:11 AM
I don't know what you are talking about, but our tickets said 3:45. The rodeo Started at that time. The pictures that I took have Trace coming out on stage at 6pm, the last picture I took of him leaving the stage was at 6:58 pm. I personally had a blast. I don't know where you were but I don't think you were at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo on March 7, 2009 at Reliant Stadium, because that article that was posted at the beginning of the comments describes exactly what I saw and enjoyed.

I wanted to say thanks to Brighteyes for posting a link to my photostream on Flickr....I really had a blast, and I think this person has been severely misinformed.[/QUOTE**

I also heard the songs mentioned in the article at the concert. I couldn't hear outside for the carnival noise.

Well, its obvious that somethings a bit weird with this whole story..lol

whatever
03-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Well, its obvious that somethings a bit weird with this whole story..lol

I agree.
Is this a really big place?
Maybe there was a big mix up?
could he have done a sound check and then went and changed to do the set.
Either way If I didn't get to see his concert I would want my $ back!

Mini
03-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Ok now Im just way confused! lol

If he was sick like you were told(which I think everyone is sick right now) its fine that he didnt do any other songs but you shoulda been told that was why and gotten some kind of refund, you paid for a full concert.

But..now im wondering what went on(NOT saying your lying)..did you get any pictures yourself?

Shadowcat_99
03-11-2009, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE=boxerdog;96123763]I don't know what you are talking about, but our tickets said 3:45. The rodeo Started at that time. The pictures that I took have Trace coming out on stage at 6pm, the last picture I took of him leaving the stage was at 6:58 pm. I personally had a blast. I don't know where you were but I don't think you were at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo on March 7, 2009 at Reliant Stadium, because that article that was posted at the beginning of the comments describes exactly what I saw and enjoyed.

It might have been that he did give a concert at 3:45pm, and as part of the promotion was going to also do a mini-performance at the rodeo.

Just playing devil's advocate... :stir

:threaten However, that being said, what does your ticket say as to the time:questionmark: That is the deal breaker as to if they should give you a refund, and if (that is a BIG IF) you can find proof that the concerts new time was advertised or not.

- Shadowcat

hotwheelstx
03-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Talking with my ex-sil parents today (both work at Reliant) one in the main office, other executive suites. According to her there were 2 sets of tickets printed (Reliant's) mistake. The concert was to say 3:30 or 3:45 as the start time. Some were printed with 8:00. Ours said 8:00 as the start time.

We should of been told at the window that the concert started earlier than stated on the tickets. For the prices we paid, parking, food it was expensive just to get in.

Ex-sil parents don't receive many "perks" working at Reliant. They didn't receive free rodeo tickets like they did last year.

After talking with main office they agreed to refund my money for the tickets that I paid for. If I remember correctly they were $18.00 a piece. That's $54.00 just for the concert. Sil's mother said that if Reliant didn't refund my money she'd split the cost of the concert. The rest I'm willing to pay for. We did eat, park, went to carnival, played games....with niece. All that's extra-you have to purchase "tokens" to play games and other activities.

boxerdog
03-11-2009, 11:37 PM
[QUOTE=boxerdog;96123768]

It might have been that he did give a concert at 3:45pm, and as part of the promotion was going to also do a mini-performance at the rodeo.

Just playing devil's advocate... :stir

:threaten However, that being said, what does your ticket say as to the time:questionmark: That is the deal breaker as to if they should give you a refund, and if (that is a BIG IF) you can find proof that the concerts new time was advertised or not.

- Shadowcat

The tickets said 3:45. We arrived in time to see the horses being warmed up for the rodeo...watched the rodeo, and the concert. You're right Trace could have done a sound check before the rodeo and came back later to do his set. I personally thought the show was great. I mean the whole part of going to the was to see the Concert...the rodeo was just a bonus. My friend and I drove 5 1/2 hours to see it....so trust me if it wasn't worth the drive, I would have said something! Thats 11 hours round trip! I mean they had another concert with Sonny Burgess (major cutey) at the Underground....so there was still plenty to do....we had access to everything with our concert tickets...so I don't know what the comotion is about..

hblueeyes
03-12-2009, 03:49 AM
$18 for a ticket is not bad. Here they start at over $50 for nosebleed scetion behind a pole. I live close enough to the stadium that when Buffet and others come, I just go outside and enjoy the music.

Me

speedygirl
03-12-2009, 11:29 AM
When he was here at Foxwoods in the fall, the tickets were $40 for the balcony and $60 for the rest of the arena.

April78945
03-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Who the hell is Trace Adkins?

hotwheelstx
03-13-2009, 08:53 AM
I took my niece over to see her grandma at work yesterday....at the stadium. I was given a full refund, apology. I was also given a choice of 2 concerts to go to for the mix-up. I chose Keith Urban, ZZ Top. I also will receive passes for the sky boxes, free food, drink, free passes to go backstage for a meet and greet....if there is one.

Niece's grandmother was really upset over what happened. She talked to her boss. He's the one that resolved the problem.

I was also told that if I wanted to see anyone else there performing in the future to call this man personally. I haven't in the past......I didn't want to take advantage of niece's grandparents working there. I feel that's not right.

Also, I received 200 tokens for the carnival to take my niece again. We're doing that tomorrow. Should last her most of the day. Niece received comp. tickets for food, drink, rides that do cost money. She's excited about going again tomorrow,. Hopefully not to cold. The temp. has dropped here a lot. Rodeo will still be open....it'll just be cold outside.

hotwheelstx
03-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Who the hell is Trace Adkins?

This is Trace Adkins:

http://www.traceadkins.com/main/

galeane29
03-13-2009, 09:10 AM
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z157/dorisisqueen/Trace%20Adkins/untitled.jpg

That is my man, Trace Adkins..... Damn!

Kelsey1224
03-13-2009, 09:36 AM
I took my niece over to see her grandma at work yesterday....at the stadium. I was given a full refund, apology. I was also given a choice of 2 concerts to go to for the mix-up. I chose Keith Urban, ZZ Top. I also will receive passes for the sky boxes, free food, drink, free passes to go backstage for a meet and greet....if there is one.

Niece's grandmother was really upset over what happened. She talked to her boss. He's the one that resolved the problem.

I was also told that if I wanted to see anyone else there performing in the future to call this man personally. I haven't in the past......I didn't want to take advantage of niece's grandparents working there. I feel that's not right.

Also, I received 200 tokens for the carnival to take my niece again. We're doing that tomorrow. Should last her most of the day. Niece received comp. tickets for food, drink, rides that do cost money. She's excited about going again tomorrow,. Hopefully not to cold. The temp. has dropped here a lot. Rodeo will still be open....it'll just be cold outside.

I'm so sorry for the mixup, but I'm glad that you were given 'satisfaction' by those who ran the venue.

jasmine
03-13-2009, 10:09 AM
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z157/dorisisqueen/Trace%20Adkins/untitled.jpg

That is my man, Trace Adkins..... Damn!

YUMMY!!:lollypop::rofl::rolling

galeane29
03-13-2009, 11:36 AM
yummy!!:lollypop::rofl::rolling

lmao

Shadowcat_99
03-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Wow! I am really impressed with the comp they gave you! That definetely shows they want to keep their reputation in tact and respect your complaint as being totally viable!

- Shadowcat

hotwheelstx
03-13-2009, 02:52 PM
$18 for a ticket is not bad. Here they start at over $50 for nosebleed scetion behind a pole. I live close enough to the stadium that when Buffet and others come, I just go outside and enjoy the music.

Me

I didn't think $18.00 a ticket was a bad price. However, $7.50 for parking, $18.00 for the amusement park. That doesn't count the cost of food, either. It gets to be expensive. I think we spent around $200.00 food/tickets/parking, refreshments, games that were paid w/cash, souvenir. Aggie and niece bought 2 souvenir for around $35.00 each.

I do remember the days when the same rodeo used to cost $5.00 for the concerts and the livestock show, amusement park were thrown in for free.

dangerousfem
03-13-2009, 03:00 PM
I'm still confused... how did you miss the concert.. only see 2 songs... but the other person saw the whole concert?

tunisia
03-13-2009, 05:43 PM
wow, that's great. will they be doing this for everyone that had that printed on their tickets? that is going to cost them a bit. I bet there won't be any misprints next time. lol Have fun tomorrow

jasmine
03-13-2009, 08:27 PM
but u do have to admit, you did't have to do all the other extra~activities that cost you so much, like the rides, food, tickets, refreshments..... of course now`a`days parkings is expected, but you were there because you bought tickets for a concert, not to throw in another $100 or so for other stuff you chose to do on your own. JUST SAYIN.... my opinion, don't blast me.
But for your case, it's wonderful for your out of pocket expense that you got such a great compensation.

Kelsey1224
03-13-2009, 11:44 PM
but u do have to admit, you did't have to do all the other extra~activities that cost you so much, like the rides, food, tickets, refreshments..... of course now`a`days parkings is expected, but you were there because you bought tickets for a concert, not to throw in another $100 or so for other stuff you chose to do on your own. JUST SAYIN.... my opinion, don't blast me.
But for your case, it's wonderful for your out of pocket expense that you got such a great compensation.

I agree that they didn't have to spend that extra money, but they probably wouldn't have even gone to the fair if not for the concert.

I do think that the vendor did go over and beyond to provide compensation...but that's a good thing. It ended up turning a very negative experience into a positive one.

hotwheelstx
03-14-2009, 08:06 AM
I'm still confused... how did you miss the concert.. only see 2 songs... but the other person saw the whole concert?

There was a misprint on my tickets. Said the concert started at a later time and it didn't. We went into the concert hall early to find our seats and that's when we saw the concert was already going on.

There were several tickets that were misprinted. Aggie said he heard one guy in the mens room complaining that he only heard 2 songs and for his friend not to come to the rodeo. Apparently the concert is what they were coming to see.

As for everything else that's just a bonus. I expected to spend about that much anyway going to the carnival, parking, food.

I'm sure there's a lot of people that called Monday about the concert. I'm not sure what else Reliant did....not sure if they refunded money, gave perks, or what. I guess I'm just lucky that I know people that work there and work in the "higher up" depts.

We're supposed to go back today. Not sure it's cold, raining here. Might wait til tomorrow.

Mini
03-14-2009, 08:59 AM
I know youve explained it but Im STILL confused! LOL I guess you had to be there to understand fully..

But glad you got something back for it, I hope everyone else did as well.

hotwheelstx
03-14-2009, 09:29 AM
I know youve explained it but Im STILL confused! LOL I guess you had to be there to understand fully..

But glad you got something back for it, I hope everyone else did as well.

Some (not all) tickets had time for concert printed incorrectly. Mine clearly said 6:00 for the concert. I'm not sure if the times were changed or what. Anyway, some of the tickets did say 6:00 for concert start. If you picked up your tickets at the "will call" window they were to tell you the concert started earlier than printed. We weren't told that. There also were no signs posted that we saw.

I'm not sure what happened with the others that their tickets were printed incorrectly. However, I do know from speaking to my niece's grandmother the phones were off the hook on Monday morning....wondering what happened. I'm sure Reliant did something for the mix-up.

The only reason we saw what we did is because we went into the arena early to find our seats...only to find out the concert was almost over.

April78945
03-14-2009, 10:08 AM

Some (not all) tickets had time for concert printed incorrectly. Mine clearly said 6:00 for the concert. I'm not sure if the times were changed or what. Anyway, some of the tickets did say 6:00 for concert start. If you picked up your tickets at the "will call" window they were to tell you the concert started earlier than printed. We weren't told that. There also were no signs posted that we saw.

The only reason we saw what we did is because we went into the arena early to find our seats...only to find out the concert was almost over.

What?

ElleGee
03-14-2009, 10:11 AM
^ What she said^

cpbaby
03-14-2009, 11:17 AM
^ What she said^

Yep!

ElleGee
03-14-2009, 11:48 AM
I think a simple "oops my bad" would have been easier

speedygirl
03-14-2009, 02:07 PM
^ What she said^

Ditto.

ETA I'm just confused now. Anyway, I hope the next concert you go to is better.

tngirl
03-14-2009, 04:04 PM
I just love an never ending story.

justme23
03-15-2009, 12:22 AM
It wouldn't be her first.

sonofno1
03-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Gotta say
I love the man he is, go to his web and complain, if you get no justice...let us know, could change our opions

Just Me