PDA

View Full Version : friend suggestions on facebook- omg

155oaks
03-06-2009, 10:13 PM
I am so nervous when I open my facebook and dread who my new friend suggestion is.

so I joined facebook last year how because I called a company I do work for and ended up speaking to a former friend by accident. We lost touch many years ago. She told me to get online to keep in touch.
Then she made a friend suggestion and I accepted and then those friends brought in people I know/knew and then over time like 35 people I haven't speaken to since my teens are now discussing parenting and aging with me. YIKES.

ok then an ex boyfriend wants to be my friend. and then another and now my old flame I went to prom with. And cousins I haven't speaken in years due to family fueds. OMG. Tonight it feels like an old church convention online. :banghead: Some of these people ended friendship cold heartedly or our parents banned us from them and the bad influence. I feel so shy to talk to them and be apart of the group its been so long. But on the other hand I want to spy and see what there are upto. help.

freeby4me
03-07-2009, 05:12 AM
I say jump in but be protective of yourself, dont divulge too much information, stay guarded.
This is one of the big joys of being online, being able to connect with people you havent seen or heard from in so long, or those who moved so far away you didnt think you'd be able to see them again.

tunisia
03-07-2009, 07:37 AM
I can understand how you feel. I call it, 'stalkbook' jokingly w/my friends. I only joined a few weeks ago just so I could view a friend's profile. It wouldn't let me view unless I joined. I didn't even do anything w/it other than fill out what was necessary to join so I could see her profile.

all of a sudden, my email has notifications that so and so has asked to be my friend, so and so has written on my wall.(?) I can't even find the wall that they've written on. lol

It feels a bit odd to have people find me there. I wouldn't even know how people would search to find.

*btw...I did see on yahoo home page this morning that there is some sort of facebook worm to be careful of.

bonniejeanne
03-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Check this out. It's a riot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrlSkU0TFLs

bonniejeanne
03-08-2009, 11:55 AM
I can understand how you feel. I call it, 'stalkbook' jokingly w/my friends. I only joined a few weeks ago just so I could view a friend's profile. It wouldn't let me view unless I joined. I didn't even do anything w/it other than fill out what was necessary to join so I could see her profile.

all of a sudden, my email has notifications that so and so has asked to be my friend, so and so has written on my wall.(?) I can't even find the wall that they've written on. lol

You can set it so that only your friends can post. I got a request from somebody I didn't even know. I noticed he was on my son's friend list so I asked him who the person was and he said he thought I knew him. Then I noticed this person was on another friend's list so I asked her. Apparently, he is the son of a friend of her husband. He just clicks on any friend of their's and asks to be their friend. He's one of those who just wants to have a long list of friends. Anyway, I just ignored his request only to sign on later and find that he had requested me again. So, I ignored him again. Hopefully, this won't continue. I just joined to find a couple of old friends.

Urban Cowgirl
03-08-2009, 05:48 PM
you don't have to accept anyone that you don't want to as friends, you can also delete friends whenever you like. That being said.....You could not count the amount of people I talk to now that were just plain mean, rotten or stuck up in high school. I was not really popular, especially with girls....I had a lot of guys friends and a lot of girls just assumed I was a slut so they would talk bad about me. People grow up, kids will be kids, but at some point most of them do grow up and realize how rotten they were in high school. I refuse to waste my energy holding grudges.

155oaks
03-08-2009, 07:02 PM
see these people were never MEAN, or "bad" people - church going, easy going people that we seperate do to marriage, or away to college or just plain ditching each other for no apparent reason.

it is overwhelming at time.

the video on utube was awesome.

evrita
03-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Misty got me on facebook I have some from here and my co workers and I have found some school friends and some have found me some who I never wouldve thought they would ask to be friend me. It has been fun catching up after all these years. I say what others say have fun but keep your guard up also.