PDA

View Full Version : Silly Whine

CAMSmama
03-04-2009, 01:52 PM
Ya, I know this is silly in the grand scheme of life, but......anyway, I LOOOVE lemonade and drink it frequently, so yesterday I buy some Country Time for the 1st time in a long time because I had gotten hooked on Minute Maid where I was working (all we had there) I swear I don't remember it tasting so watery!! It was NASTY!!!!!!!

ok, vent is over. I'm off to the store for some minute maid!! LOL

justme23
03-04-2009, 02:34 PM
My husband loves the Country Time... but I double the recipe because it does seem watered down.

CAMSmama
03-04-2009, 02:46 PM
I bought a 12 pack of cans, last time I had it I don't remember it tasting like that, at least the kids will drink it.

Jenefer3
03-04-2009, 02:50 PM
I don't know that I've had the cans of Country Time but it sucks that they taste watered down.

I like the Crystal Light Lemonade.

baragabrat
03-04-2009, 05:59 PM
I don't know that I've had the cans of Country Time but it sucks that they taste watered down.

I like the Crystal Light Lemonade.

I drink Walmart's version of Crystal Light lemonade, pink and regular. Pretty good and doesn't coast an arm or leg. Of course, I bought it last year so it's probably gone up since then but I imagine that a limb still isn't required for payment.

iluvmybaby
03-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Ya, I know this is silly in the grand scheme of life, but......anyway, I LOOOVE lemonade and drink it frequently, so yesterday I buy some Country Time for the 1st time in a long time because I had gotten hooked on Minute Maid where I was working (all we had there) I swear I don't remember it tasting so watery!! It was NASTY!!!!!!!

ok, vent is over. I'm off to the store for some minute maid!! LOL

I dont think that it is a petty whine. Why does everything have to be, "new and improved." If they have a good version and it is selling well, quit screwing with it. Even Mac and Cheese is never and improved, Kraft should have just left it alone.

PS I used to LOVE Country Time

gmyers
03-04-2009, 09:48 PM
I hate it when something tastes good and they screw around with it. I think new and improved means we took out whatever was in it that made it good.

msmom79
03-04-2009, 10:46 PM
I just hate it when you find something that you really like or enjoy-you then splurge on it and they change it,so you find you wasted your money!!!! I am so sorry this happened to you-i have heard from my sons that the ones you make yourself are much better ,then the canned drinks.

mikang
03-04-2009, 11:50 PM
I used to buy lemonade they had at walmart. It had a little bit of fizz to it and I loved it. It was 2 for $1 so I bought about 10 bottles at a time because you never know when walmart is going to decide when they don't want to sell it anymore. Well, I went back last summer to buy some more of it and they didn't have it. I asked a young man that was stocking if they had any and he said "no" it was a seasonal product! Duh, this is summer! The last time I checked lemonade is a very summer drink for most people, and some like me that drink it all year round. Since they don't sell it anymore I started buying the walmart brand that is like crystal light and I love it and it's half of what crystal light cost. I just hope they don't decide to quit selling it now.

CAMSmama
03-05-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm gonna try the walmart brand I guess. Minute maid was 5.99 for a friggin 12 pack! or maybe I'll go back to the powder stuff, it's just that we've been so darn rushed all the time that I'd forget to make the stuff . plus sometimes cans or bottles are easier, annnnd I'm kinda lazy too.LOL

and I thought I was the only one to notice the mac & cheeze thing!! now I use golden grain brand! better than the "improved"(NOT) Kraft!