PDA

View Full Version : Well it's happened

taz69
03-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Hubby decided to not pay ANY more money-just as everyone predicted. The state is already filing paperwork for child support. I cannot afford the house we rent-it is a big old farm house, and the bills during the winter are horrible. I am on SSI and only get $654/mo. I talked to the landlord, and he is giving us until the middle of April to move. There is a 6 month (at least) waiting list for public housing. We are having a HUGE yard sale, going to rent a storage shed for the things we absolutely cannot part with. My son is going to stay with his buddy, daughter with a friend, I will stay at neighbors. We have to get rid of all 4 dogs and the cat. I cannot even process this in my mind right now-how to I continue on when i can't have my kids with me?

galeane29
03-02-2009, 01:00 PM
WTF? He'll get his girl, trust me!

If I lived near, you could stay with me. (((Taz)))

ElleGee
03-02-2009, 01:00 PM
UGH that's rough.. I agree, he will get his. I am so sorry :hug

ahippiechic
03-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Isn't there some way you can afford a sm studio? I know they have unfurnished ones here for around 500.00 a month. That would leave you a little to pay on the utilities. It might not be as nice as your house but at least you would be with your kids.

<HUGZ>

socks1211
03-02-2009, 01:05 PM
aww man i am sorry he is doing this to you

gmyers
03-02-2009, 01:23 PM
I wonder since you're on disability you could get SSI because you don't make much. Or Section 8 that would help you pay your house payment. I'm sorry for what you're going through. I hate it when men forget about their first family when they get a new girl friend.

LuvBigRip
03-02-2009, 01:29 PM
I am sorry to hear that, but not altogether suprised. I am part of the BTDT club and my heart hurts for you.

I can only tell you too keep your head up. Don't badmouth the ex to the kids (they will figure it out on their own). He will get his in the end. It may take years (again, BTDT) but it all comes around.

I am the happiest I have been in a long time. My life is calm and stable, his is not. Just yesterday his wife got pulled over for having expired tags, they fight all the time, and he is turning into an angry, bitter old man whom his kids barely stand. I am 10 years younger than he is, but we look 30 years difference in age.

iluvmybaby
03-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Hubby decided to not pay ANY more money-just as everyone predicted. The state is already filing paperwork for child support. I cannot afford the house we rent-it is a big old farm house, and the bills during the winter are horrible. I am on SSI and only get $654/mo. I talked to the landlord, and he is giving us until the middle of April to move. There is a 6 month (at least) waiting list for public housing. We are having a HUGE yard sale, going to rent a storage shed for the things we absolutely cannot part with. My son is going to stay with his buddy, daughter with a friend, I will stay at neighbors. We have to get rid of all 4 dogs and the cat. I cannot even process this in my mind right now-how to I continue on when i can't have my kids with me?

Have you ever thought about taking in boarders? If you have a big house rent your unused rooms for $500 all utilities paid, or even more since you are in a major city. THEN, get a lawyer and sue the shiat out of your ex

magenta
03-02-2009, 01:58 PM
I am sorry.

I wish I had some inspiring words of wisdom but I don't. He'll get his in the end.

dv8grl
03-02-2009, 02:11 PM
:grouphug

vicky122
03-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Being on ssi and with a family would hud speed up your application? Sorry this is going on and your kids will be away from you but let that make you fight all the harder.

nightrider127
03-02-2009, 02:46 PM
I am so sorry this is happening to you Taz. Stay strong.

He will pay in the end, trust me. One day, when he is old, he will want those kids to come around him and they wont do it. It will break his heart.

Jackie_Blu
03-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Im also so very sorry, taz, that things are going the way they are.

Have you ever thought about taking in boarders? If you have a big house rent your unused rooms for $500 all utilities paid, or even more since you are in a major city. THEN, get a lawyer and sue the shiat out of your ex

This sounds like a really good and workable plan.....even if you could do it until you get things leveled out some. Do you think you would consider this?

LuvBigRip
03-02-2009, 03:54 PM
If she rents, she may not be able to take in boarders

ttistin
03-02-2009, 03:54 PM
:hug i am sorry you and the kids are having to go throught this.

anothersta
03-02-2009, 04:20 PM
Gosh, what a hard time for youall :( I know this is difficult, but I think youall should start calling rescues to try and rehome the animals if you don't have places for them to stay.

I know it will be hard to rehome them, but not nearly as hard as it will be if you have to take them to a shelter the day before the move.

I'm sorry. Your EX is scum, contact legal aid in your area and sue the snot out of him!

I'd ask the landlord about having a boarder. They might go along with it because renting it out during these tough times is not going to be easy if you move. You never know until you ask.

DAVESBABYDOLL
03-02-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm sorry. I too, am in the BTDT, I promise it WILL get better.

Mary Jo
03-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Hugs to you.
I'll keep you in my prayers.

stresseater
03-02-2009, 07:13 PM
I wish you were in Oklaho0ma. Honestly I have the worlds crappiest trailer on our property that we have had other friend live in who needed help that I would so let you live in for free til you got back on your feet. I have done the whole abusive ******* thing before . I pray you can catch a break to help you along.

CLARKS4
03-02-2009, 07:18 PM
:hug I'm so sorry.

buttrfli
03-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Have you tried any other type of services besides housing? I would be looking into every available service that your state has. Go to DHS and apply for everything.

Sorry you are going through all of this. Wish I had some more advice :(

shadowcats
03-02-2009, 07:34 PM
the only thing is you have to go directly to the housing authority that does sections 8s and ask personal to be put on the section 13 listings, and try that , i lived in miss for years and a long time ago i needed a place and my kids were small and living with me, my trailer i was living in was too far from my oldest who was in the airforce at the time and i needed a place to stay and was told by a friend about the section 13 program, its where they have listings of rentals from individuals who rent their homes to people on restricted budgets and the state pays almost 3/4 ths of the rent , and its private homes not apartments, although there are some apartment owners in this program also that will also rent to you, the only catch is they give you a list and you have to go to each home on the list to chose your place and the owner has to approve of you and then they fill out an application for you and then the state pays them the rent , and you pay the difference an it goes by the amount you make and how much the owner pays but it includes most time an allowance for the electric also, LOL they even sent me a dollar check every month , for the rest , i was in this program for over 3 years till i got back on my feet ,
sharon

YankeeMary
03-02-2009, 08:01 PM
He just keeps getting worse and worse. Just sit back and wait, his is coming. He might quit paying now but they will attach his wages. They will NOT consider any other children that were born after yours when figuring his monthly child support. The thing about adopting a child, is that you can never ever disown them legally...lol. He is sooo screwed.
I am sorry you are having to go through this. You are in my prayers! HUGS!!!

sheila_361
03-02-2009, 10:29 PM
:hug so sorry you are having to go through this taz

BeanieLuvR
03-02-2009, 11:24 PM
I am so sorry Taz. I will be praying for you and your kids. :hug

CAMSmama
03-03-2009, 07:12 AM
prayers for you, the kids and the furbabies too. Karma's gonna kick his a$$!!!

pepperpot
03-03-2009, 07:21 AM
:hug

mom2cvam
03-03-2009, 07:31 AM
:hug

YankeeMary
03-03-2009, 07:59 AM
I am reading a book right now and this saying is in there. They said it was an old black saying??? No matter what race, I like it. I thought of your situation as soon as I read it...
"He needs to be dead, and that's the only thing thats going to help." I am not in anyway shape or form telling you that you need to kill him...lol. I'm just saying...HAHA!

LuvBigRip
03-03-2009, 08:37 AM
I am reading a book right now and this saying is in there. They said it was an old black saying??? No matter what race, I like it. I thought of your situation as soon as I read it...
"He needs to be dead, and that's the only thing thats going to help." I am not in anyway shape or form telling you that you need to kill him...lol. I'm just saying...HAHA!

LOL. I have said that many times regarding my ex.

taz69
03-03-2009, 11:00 AM
I already told my son to lock up the guns!/lol

Thanks all for your support-me and the kids WILL get through this!

Jackie_Blu
03-03-2009, 11:18 AM

I need to go that direction shopping one of these days.......I could fit in some other errands, too....make a day of it........(I'm just sayin'.....LMAO)

YankeeMary
03-03-2009, 12:25 PM
I need to go that direction shopping one of these days.......I could fit in some other errands, too....make a day of it........(I'm just sayin'.....LMAO)

How about me coming up there to visit you and Me and you both go shopping on that side of town. We will tie him up, beat the crap out of her, while he has to watch. Then beat the snot out of him as well...hehe...sounds like a dream vacation eh?

taz69
03-03-2009, 01:35 PM
How about me coming up there to visit you and Me and you both go shopping on that side of town. We will tie him up, beat the crap out of her, while he has to watch. Then beat the snot out of him as well...hehe...sounds like a dream vacation eh?

I'm ready if you are!

nightrider127
03-03-2009, 01:47 PM
I'm ready if you are!

Taz, if you can wait till mid July, I will be kind of in your neck of the woods. I'll come help you and Mary if you gals can wait that long. With all the rotten things going on, I am ready for a good fight.

Jackie_Blu
03-03-2009, 02:31 PM

Sounds great! come on over:)

shadowcats
03-03-2009, 03:12 PM
I LL BE GLAD to do what i threaten to do with my exhusbands ashes if he dies,
told my friends LOL that i take his ashes to the mardi gras in new orleans and put them in the port a toilets , all along canal street , so every one will sh***** t on him the way he sh***ts on us now,,,,,,,, lol most fitting end i could think of after him telling me he could ship our sons ashes UPS,,,,,,,,,, AND THEN RECIEVING MY SONS ASHES in a cardboard box,,,,,,,,,, that crud,,,,,, yours ex sounds like my ex ,,,,,,,,,,:dancing::dontfeed:ill:damnmate:

krisharry
03-03-2009, 05:59 PM
man, he sucks, just think how much better your life will be w/out him once you are on your feet, he will get his someday, best of luck to you

okie
03-06-2009, 11:04 PM
I went through the same thing with my STBXH before I got a garnishment started. Our house is going into foreclosure and my car got repoed because of him.

Luckily, I have family that is going to let me live with them until I get back on my feet.

You might also try going to a shelter. Sometimes you can get help with housing faster if you are homeless. Which sounds like you will be. Here you have to be there for a week I think.