PDA

View Full Version : anonymous text messege?

Diana777
02-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Is it possible to send an anonymous text messege? Someone says they got one but I thought it always showed the number it came from.

speedygirl
02-27-2009, 02:26 PM
Yep. There are programs that allow you to do that. Google anonymous text message and you'll see what I'm talking about.

http://www.anontxt.com/

Diana777
02-27-2009, 02:33 PM
ok thank you!

Renrut
02-27-2009, 04:02 PM
I just change my callback number under settings.

Explorer 4x4'r
02-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Why is AnonTxt.com Down?
AnonTxt.com was recently shut down at the request of it's web host after receiving multiple complaints about harassing and abusive text messages being sent. A few bad apples, who chose to break our Terms of Service outlined on the site, are what ultimately lead to this situation. We intended for AnonTxt to be used for anonymous tip offs, like those frequently sent in to sites like ThinkSecret.com, not to harass, stalk or verbally abuse others. We've sent over 1 million text messages and we hope that only a few of them fell into this category.

We're not sure what the future holds, but we'd like to see AnonTxt.com back up and functiong again soon. If you are interested in purchasing AnonTxt.com, we will entertain serious offers. You may contact us at info@anontxt.com.

We've also decided to start licensing our underlying code that powers our technology. If your interested in licensing our custom text messaging code, please contact us at info@anontxt.com.

Explorer 4x4'r
02-28-2009, 01:06 PM
I just change my callback number under settings.

how do you do that

Diana777
02-28-2009, 01:17 PM
yeah how do you do that?

I saw the thing about the terms of service and I did google anonymous text. I sent myself test texts and I found 2 sites that really do show "anonymous@whateverthewebsitewas.com"
I never knew such a thing was possible.

MsLynn
02-28-2009, 02:54 PM
www.textmenow.com is completely anon too.

Explorer 4x4'r
02-28-2009, 03:59 PM
The page cannot be found.

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed,
or is temporarily unavailable. We suggest clicking your back button and notifying the website owner.

Renrut
02-28-2009, 06:48 PM
On my phone when you go to settings for your texts it has calback number there.