PDA

View Full Version : Walmart, grrrr

jackie227
02-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Went to Walmart today, had a couple coupons , not printed ones, but the ones that bricks will mail to you, and the cashied told me that they will now only accept one printed coupon per visit. I showed her that the ones I had were not internet ones,and she took them, but from now on, I will have to make sure I only have one printed one each visit. I asked when that went into effect, and she said a few weeks ago.

baragabrat
02-24-2009, 02:29 PM
*Knock on wood,* I have never had any trouble using my coupons at Walmart. But then again, I don't shop there much, so maybe there is a new policy in effect countrywide.

ElleGee
02-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Did you check their coupon policy on the website when you got home? I have a printed copy of it in my purse..

I'm going to check if it changed....

*yeah she's full of it

http://walmartstores.com/7655.aspx

Wal-Mart Coupon Policy

Wal-Mart accepts the following types of coupons (see guidelines below):

* Manufacturer coupons (Cents Off)
* Free merchandise (or manufacturer's Buy-One-Get-One-Free) coupons
* Store coupons
* Pharmacy (Advertising and Promotional) coupons
* Internet coupons
* Soft drink container caps

The following are guidelines and limits:

* Wal-Mart only accepts coupons for merchandise we sell and only when presented at the time of purchase.
* Coupons should have an expiration date and be presented within the valid dates. Wal-Mart will not accept expired coupons.
* Internet coupons should be legible and say "Manufacturer Coupon." There should be a valid remit address for the manufacturer and a scannable bar code.
* Only one coupon per item is permitted.
* Use of 40 or more coupons per transaction will require approval by Customer Service Manager.

dinosmom
02-24-2009, 02:34 PM
I have been noticing that Walmart cashiers have been really scrutinzing my coupons lately. In the past, I never had any issue whatsoever-they never even took a second look. Now they look and check and even call the lead cashier over to check!!!! I wonder if they are changing their policies!

ahippiechic
02-24-2009, 02:41 PM
I used 4 printed ones today at Walmart.

Jenefer3
02-24-2009, 02:43 PM
I used 2 printed ones and 7 "regular" ones today, had no issue with the coupons, just an issue with a rude cashier

ElleGee
02-24-2009, 02:47 PM
just an issue with a rude cashier

Is it me or Walmart cashiers are just rude in general? I don't think I have ever had one that didn't roll their eyes at coupons or were just plain rude

LuvBigRip
02-24-2009, 03:28 PM
I use a ton of coupons everytime I shop at walmart, including printed ones from mypoints, from websites and coupons you get in the sunday paper. I almost always have free coupons. I have never, ever had a cashier tell me I cannot use a coupon.

freeby4me
02-24-2009, 03:31 PM
Is it me or Walmart cashiers are just rude in general? I don't think I have ever had one that didn't roll their eyes at coupons or were just plain rude

That might depend. If I have a "rude" cashier, they're not working at Walmart very long.

Jenefer3
02-24-2009, 03:40 PM

Well she wasn't rude about the coupons, just kind of acted like I was asking her to burn a calorie or two by scanning them. She was rude about someone's child.

SLance68
02-24-2009, 03:41 PM
I use printed coupons all the time and never have had a problem since I printed out their coupon policy and put it in my coupon box. I guess it just wards off bad cashiers or something. I also have a habit of putting items that I have coupons that make them free at the end of my order so they don't have to search the tape to find the price.

LuvBigRip
02-24-2009, 03:52 PM
I use printed coupons all the time and never have had a problem since I printed out their coupon policy and put it in my coupon box. I guess it just wards off bad cashiers or something. I also have a habit of putting items that I have coupons that make them free at the end of my order so they don't have to search the tape to find the price.

I do the same thing, I also put all price matching items at the back too. I try to greet the cashier, smile and let them know I have coupons at the beginning too.

mabby89
02-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Well she wasn't rude about the coupons, just kind of acted like I was asking her to burn a calorie or two by scanning them. She was rude about someone's child.

Bring it to a CSM's attention or a manager. That is totally unacceptable. You can also call 1-800-WALMART and report her actions.

Diana777
02-24-2009, 04:07 PM
I had never had a problem using them until this weekend. They would not take the printede coupons and they said that in order to use the coupons for the crackers, cheese, and nuts that nabisco sent I had to buy one of each eitem to get the free one. I told the store manager to actually read the coupon but he was a jerk and still said no. So I took my coupons back and left my cart and went to Meijer.
The lady behind me at walmart said they gave her a hard time the week before for using coupons from the newspaper!

ahippiechic
02-24-2009, 04:12 PM
I had never had a problem using them until this weekend. They would not take the printede coupons and they said that in order to use the coupons for the crackers, cheese, and nuts that nabisco sent I had to buy one of each eitem to get the free one. I told the store manager to actually read the coupon but he was a jerk and still said no. So I took my coupons back and left my cart and went to Meijer.
The lady behind me at walmart said they gave her a hard time the week before for using coupons from the newspaper!

Make sure you call and complain. They're supposed to follow their own coupon policy.

Shann
02-24-2009, 04:35 PM
that is crazy. I usually don't have issues using coupons (at walmart anyways) i do the same, I put my price match/free items at the beginning or end of my stuff and let them know beforehand. heck, last month I had all my coupons sitting on the check writing thing, when I handed her my reusable tote bags they fell onto the bag wheel and one fell where we couldn't get to it, heck we couldn't even see it, but I knew which one it was. She called her mngr and they actually took off the price of the coupon for my item! (which was good b/c had they not I wouldn't have been buying it.) Honestly, they went above and beyond and instead of calling me a liar or rolling her eyes she was so helpful. :lol she even had a plastic hanger in between trying to fish that coupon out! :p

veronamom
02-24-2009, 05:16 PM
I had used 2 printed coupons and some regular ones and my Walmart also told me that I would have to do separate purchases for the internet coupons. They said the policy just came out. I told them how ridiculous this was and time consuming. She didn't care just rolled her eyes.

tunisia
02-24-2009, 06:17 PM
so far, I've never had a problem w/walmart and I've used them @3 different stores here in my area. I had 10 coupons last week, 8 of which were from the internet, and 2 for free items. I too put them at the end of my purchase so they don't have to scan the tape.

Trust me, if they had a problem or copped an attitude, I'd leave my cart right there.

mrssnoop1
02-24-2009, 06:29 PM
I think it's just a cashier who has no clue. I work at Wal-Mart and we take any coupon that scans. If it doesn't scan all they have to do is verify the exp date and that it is for the right product. They can manually put it in the register.

buttrfli
02-24-2009, 07:07 PM
I don't shop at WalMart unless I have to, but as far as the ones around here go, I think being rude is actually a qualification to get the job (they'd hire me in a minute!)

klutzie56
02-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Be sure and report them to a Manager or an Asst. Manager, not just a CSM. Walmart does not want these type of cashiers. The last person you see before you leave is the cashier. The impression they leave is what you are going to think of the store. My sister was a four star cashier before becoming a dept. mgr. and this is the way they are trained.

veronamom
02-25-2009, 01:05 PM
I stopped in today to buy a few items and used 2 internet coupons and 1 mfg. coupon and never had a problem with any. So that makes me think that the previous cashier didn't have a clue about the coupons. This store sure gives me a headache.

jackie227
02-25-2009, 03:14 PM
The store I go to has always accepted them in the past, i have used 6 printed ones in one trip, and it was fine. The cashier said it started a couple weeks ago.
I have printed off the coupon policy, and the next time I go shopping, I am going to customer service and get a manager before I check out,that way,hopefully, I wont have a problem.

kelblend
02-25-2009, 04:07 PM
I stood in line to exchange two bikes. First, had husband go and get the ones we wanted, then I had to get back into line. I first stood in line to see how they wanted to do it since they were different prices. By the time he came back, I was in line behind 5 people. So, finally another csm came over. He knew what he was doing and was very nice. He did ring a bike twice, so had to void. Then he needed another manager to do an override as they can't do their own. He called for one and no one ever showed. This kid went looking around the store for one and couldnt' find one. Finally, he went and got a pharmacy manager to do it. This took about 45 minutes total. The kid was not rude, but I thought the managers ignoring a call for help was. They know if it's an override more than likely a customer is standing there waiting.

**I had no coupon comment, but did have a rudeness comment. 0)

Char
02-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Walmart is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get.

Mini
02-25-2009, 04:21 PM
Ive never had a problem using them either. Like others said print out the coupon policy and take it with you.

IF this really is gonna be a new policy I guess Ill be taking my business elsewhere cause that is freaking ridiculous!!

OkeDoke
02-26-2009, 09:42 AM
Walmart is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get.

LOL!!!! Too funny!!!!!!!

Char
02-26-2009, 10:21 AM
LOL!!!! Too funny!!!!!!!

And so true ! It depends on what cashier you get, what store you're at, what coupons they're going to question, what managers' on duty to determine things... just like a box of chocolates !

whatever
02-26-2009, 01:48 PM
I use a ton of coupons everytime I shop at walmart, including printed ones from mypoints, from websites and coupons you get in the sunday paper. I almost always have free coupons. I have never, ever had a cashier tell me I cannot use a coupon.
same here. At the walmart I go to I know a few of them and so I usually go to them. I have only had one rude one and trust me if you let them know your not in the mood in a ever so subtle way it breaks them. lol

I do it that way also. I figure it at least makes their job easier. Heck most of the time they ask me how much it was. lol