PDA

View Full Version : I'm so sad...

Jenefer3
02-23-2009, 11:30 AM
my little girl turned 14 today...that makes me feel so old. She's so excited about being 14 now, and all I can think is that very soon she'll be driving and going off to college....where the heck did time go? It wasn't that long ago that she was in diapers...I swear it seems just like yesterday. I'm glad that she's happy and I know birthdays happen, but damn, it just makes me feel so old.

so that's my little whine...my little girl is growing up and I'm getting older....off to happier moments now.

speedygirl
02-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Happy Birthday too your daughter. Feel happy that she's growing into a fine young lady and has aspirations. Time does fly. My baby girl is 21 and graduates from college in a couple months. You do feel sad at the passing of childhood but as they get older, you marvel in the way the grow and what they become.

sheila_361
02-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Happy Birthday to your daughter... My baby is now 24.....

BeanieLuvR
02-23-2009, 12:11 PM
I hope your daughter has a great Birthday! I know exactly how you are feeling. My son turns 15 in March. He is my baby. He's already talking about driving and college. He wants to go away to a big school. I am so not ready for any of it. Hugs for you. I really do understand.

sandooch
02-23-2009, 12:12 PM
I am right there with you; I have an 18 year old and a 14 year old. I can remember when they were small and into everything thinking, "I can't wait until you two are older!" It feels like that was just yesterday. Now I miss those days when they depended on me a whole lot more.

I'm sure we will get used to each stage of their lives. It just takes some getting used to not feeling needed as much.

mom2pckm
02-23-2009, 12:56 PM
happy birthday to your daughter, just went thru this with my dd who also turned 14 last october!!!! time does fly by fast, she also wants to start driving!!!!

tunisia
02-23-2009, 04:33 PM
although I don't have children, I was immediately reminded of a mom on tv the other day that echoed your sentiments. She stated that the reality hit her one day when her daughter was almost as tall as she was and could fit into her shoes. lol

Happy birthday to your daughter, you're only as old as you feel, just think of all the wonderful events you have to look forward to in her life...graduation from high school and college, getting married, and becoming a grandma. and of course, in that order. :)

ElleGee
02-23-2009, 05:04 PM
:hug

Char
02-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Awww Jenefer... I know those birthdays are sooooo bittersweet. Time is fleeting.

belle5691
02-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Happy Birthday to her! My oldest son turned 19 today, so I know exactly how you feel.

Bizzimommi
02-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Happy Birthday to your daughter! Remember that our kiddies birthdays are a day for us to celebrate too, we brought these babies into this world who are now growing like weeds way too fast, eating us out of house and home (3 boys here!) yet warming our hearts daily.

So, happy "birth" day to you too, and congrats on raising that wonderful lil lady to 14!

tsquared
02-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Well Happy Birthday to your DD

ilovecats
02-23-2009, 06:47 PM
Happy birthday to your daughter.I know exactly how you feel,it goes by so fast.

msmom79
02-23-2009, 06:51 PM
happy birthday to your daughter and big hugs to you-they do grow up fast

Shann
02-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Happy Birthday to your dear sweet daughter :D I hope you all have a wonderful night partying :D

evrita
02-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Happy Birthday to your dear sweet daughter :D I hope you all have a wonderful night partying :D

What she said :dancing: I feel your pain my DD keeps talking about her sweet 16 party in July. What happened to our little girls ???

CLARKS4
02-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Happy birthday to your daughter. :hug Time sure does fly by to fast.

tngirl
02-24-2009, 03:54 AM
14 makes you feel old? Think how you will feel when your baby is 24!! and you just had one graduate college!! It is funny how time flies by so fast after you have your kids. I guess it is because we mark so many milestones. I hope she had a happy birthday and before too long you will be sitting in the stands crying at her college graduation being the proudest mommy in the lot.

galeane29
02-24-2009, 05:39 AM
Happy Birthday to you daughter!!! Our youngest daughter will be 14 in April. Our oldest two are 22 and 21. Thank God I'm not a granny yet!!!

jasmine
02-24-2009, 07:01 AM
my babies are 15, almost 12, and then 1 1/2(what in the world was I thinking):eek:
thinking about it this way, my 15 year old will be 18 in 2 1/2 years.:bawling:
I could become a grandma by the time my younges is 5. I will probably be the oldest mommy taking him to kindergarten and throughout his school years, the oldest mommy at sports activities........ That makes me feel old. I will be around 54 when he is 20. But, I got my boy after 2 girls!!

Jenefer3
02-24-2009, 07:38 AM
When my youngest child is 18 (in 8 years) I will be just barely 40. :(

Oh my gosh, I don't even want to think about when she graduates, then I really will be old. Thanks for all the birthday wishes for her, she appreciated them.

YankeeMary
02-24-2009, 07:57 AM
my little girl turned 14 today...that makes me feel so old. She's so excited about being 14 now, and all I can think is that very soon she'll be driving and going off to college....where the heck did time go? It wasn't that long ago that she was in diapers...I swear it seems just like yesterday. I'm glad that she's happy and I know birthdays happen, but damn, it just makes me feel so old.

so that's my little whine...my little girl is growing up and I'm getting older....off to happier moments now.

My son turned 19 yesterday...how sad is that? Its heartbreaking that he is that old. Seems impossible since it feels like he was just born yesterday. Happy belated Birthday to your little girl. Just tell her to "slow down"...I tell my kids that. They don't listen.