PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have Tinnitus?

sunflowers
02-18-2009, 05:07 PM
Def (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinnitus)

It is driving me crazy. It is really bad at night when I am trying to go to sleep , but right now the ringing(cricketsounds) are so annoying I just want to hit my head on something to make it go away!!!:banghead:

Anybody have it and have any relief for it or ways you survive with it??:bawling:

Eyore
02-18-2009, 05:10 PM
My husband has had that for over 20 years. He said you will just have to get used to it. And the intensity changes also.
How long have you had it?

sunflowers
02-18-2009, 05:19 PM
about 3 months but it seems to be getting worse lately..:(

speedygirl
02-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Are you taking any medications, have high blood pressure or head and neck injuries, etc...? There are a lot of causes. Believe it or not if you take a lot of aspirin, it can cause tinnitus.
You can get some temporary relief while sleeping by trying to mask it like turning on the radio softly, having the tv on, playing CD's and so forth.
I hope you get some relief soon. It's not fun. :(

sunflowers
02-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Well I think what caused it was that I had eardrum surgery 2xs and both times failed...(same ear) so this must be a side effect of the surgery not working

gmyers
02-18-2009, 05:49 PM
I saw a commercial on tv for something called riboflavinoid. You can buy it at the drugstore. Its suppoed to stop ringing in your ears. I don't know if it works but they say it does.

Eyore
02-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Hope you find something to help. My husbands was caused when a grenade simulator went off to close to him. Actually that was closer to 30 years ago not 20. Wow, time goes by fast. I know it used to really bother him at first. Now once in a while he will say it is really ringing. But not to often.

janelle
02-19-2009, 12:19 AM
I get the ringing when I take aspirin for a day or two. I use to have the ringing most of the time last winter. I think it was congestion and it went away when the weather warmed up and thankfully it didn't come back this winter.

You can run a small room freshener or anything with a small motor like a small fan (but a fan might make you cold) when you sleep. That might mask it---worth a try. I used that to mask snoring in another room so I could sleep.

Explorer 4x4'r
02-19-2009, 07:17 AM
Hubby has it from his IED blast.
Drives him nuts sometimes, but deals with it.
the VA doesn't do much for him

gmyers
03-04-2009, 02:32 PM
I was wrong its called lipoflavonoid. I just saw the commercial again. Its at pharmacies.

diana_circe
03-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Mike has it and it sometimes drives him crazy. There's a homeopathic remedy called Ring Stop, but I don't know if it works. I know we sold the heck out of it when I worked at the health food store, and they were almost always repeat customers.