PDA

View Full Version : My Mirena is lost....

Freebeemom
02-18-2009, 05:46 AM
I went to the ob yesterday for the annual check up and my mirena is missing. I have to get an ultrasound today. I am SO mad, upset, about this. Has this happened to anyone else?

Ugh....

gmyers
02-18-2009, 06:26 AM
What's a mirena?

freeby4me
02-18-2009, 06:40 AM
What's a mirena?

Its a birth control device, IUD I believe.

I've never had one but I am scared to get one, I think I'll just go back on the shot for awhile.

BrightEyes
02-18-2009, 07:17 AM
I am sorry to hear this, my friends dislodged and came out a while back as well. I have had two ten year ones and no problems with either one. The first I had for two years and removed it to have a baby, the second I have had now for 8 years, no issues at all.

Did they not tell you to "check" for the string at least once a month, especially after periods? That way if it does dislodge you would know right away without it being a surprise.

I hope all goes well for you at the check up

JewRican
02-18-2009, 09:50 AM
I know of someone who had 2 fall out back to back.

whatever
02-18-2009, 05:12 PM
Wow I hope you find it. Boy does that sound weird to say.

speedygirl
02-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Yes, we've had a number of patients who've dislodged it.

evrita
02-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Does that mean you could be pregnant? Man that would suck monkey butt.

xtrememom
02-19-2009, 07:17 AM
Two girls at my work have had the same thing happen to them within a month of each other they use the same Ob/Gyn and the one girl much to her surprise had a positive pregnancy test, they are doing a sonogram on Monday to see if the Mirena is in her uterus or if it actually fell out, she said she felt the string a month ago she is sure of it. The other girl has now had a different IUD put in. Really scary IMO

xtrememom

whatever
02-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Two girls at my work have had the same thing happen to them within a month of each other they use the same Ob/Gyn and the one girl much to her surprise had a positive pregnancy test, they are doing a sonogram on Monday to see if the Mirena is in her uterus or if it actually fell out, she said she felt the string a month ago she is sure of it. The other girl has now had a different IUD put in. Really scary IMO

xtrememom

See Now this would totatally PISS me off if i got pregnant and I had one of those in OB. because I did NOT want to become pregnant. Granted I realize they warn you of these things. But holy cow.

Freebeemom
02-20-2009, 05:54 AM
Well, I went in and had my ultrasound and they did find it. It is in the correct spot...just higher up. My dr had to cut the strings very VERY short b/c they were bothering my dh. So, now I am going to make an appointment to get it removed. This was awful scary, and I can't go through this again.

I will be looking for another method. Maybe the essure. Yes, it is permanent, but I know I am done.

iluvmybaby
02-20-2009, 06:29 AM
Well, I went in and had my ultrasound and they did find it. It is in the correct spot...just higher up. My dr had to cut the strings very VERY short b/c they were bothering my dh. So, now I am going to make an appointment to get it removed. This was awful scary, and I can't go through this again.

I will be looking for another method. Maybe the essure. Yes, it is permanent, but I know I am done.

Maybe talk to your husband about getting a vasectomy or get your tubes time if you are done for sure. Just be careful to still use something until like 3 months after your DHs vasectomy