PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Race Tonight!!

whatever
02-15-2009, 11:39 AM
I just saw a commerical last night and it has a deaf guy on it. At first I did not see the start of it and our tv went quiet and I was like crap what happened and my dh said he is deaf. I hope they do well. For some reason I always want to root for them. Because it makes it way more difficult when going to another country to do the race imo.

BeanieLuvR
02-15-2009, 01:21 PM
I saw that commercial last week too. I can't wait for tonight. Next to BB this is my favorite reality show. It always takes me a few weeks to figure out who I like.

BeanieLuvR
02-15-2009, 08:33 PM
I was about in tears when they came in first at the pit stop and he was telling his reasons for racing. I am rooting for him and his mom. There are several teams that I think I'm going to like this time.

speedygirl
02-15-2009, 09:13 PM
I was about in tears when they came in first at the pit stop and he was telling his reasons for racing. I am rooting for him and his mom. There are several teams that I think I'm going to like this time.

Me too! Even the guy who came in 2nd with his sister was brought to tears.

bonniejeanne
02-15-2009, 10:33 PM
So far I like most of them. I was glad the bickering couple was out first. Now I want the older couple with the husband who's always yelling at the wife to leave. I still cannot for the life of me figure out why these people do not get themselves in some kind of shape first. They know they're going on the show -- work out or something. That's really pathetic how some of them couldn't climb that hill. I think some of the contestants on The Biggest Loser could do better than that. And why do they always give them faulty equipment to work with? I don't see how anyone could use those rickety things to carry that much cheese. And how rude of all those people to stand around laughing at them. I wonder if they could have done any better. I was really afraid someone would get injured by rolling cheese. What I really thought was strange was that it seemed that once the cheese rolled down the hill, all they had to do was go get it and add it to the stack. I thought the idea was that they had to carry it down the hill somehow.

Airbuswife
02-15-2009, 10:43 PM
i thought it was quite ingenious for the "southern" couple to take all the cheese down in one trip. no one else even thought of or tried it! Kudos to them for only going once!

but... i felt bad when they couldnt find the pit stop.

ladybugva
02-16-2009, 08:45 AM
I was really happy w/ the fist 3 teams I liked them.
I was telling DH the same thing about trying to get into some shape knowing that you will be running a lot.
We were impressed w/ the souther couple pulling it down at once, great job but to get lost, they won't last long on this show.

bcg262006
02-16-2009, 08:56 AM
I watched the very first episode of the Amazing Race and I absolutely loved it! I love that they have a deaf guy on there. It is always fun and interesting to be in a different country but being deaf makes it a little but more difficult because they have to know the language to be able to sign it. I am rooting for the mother and son team. I am so glad that they came in first place! Can't wait until next week.:star:

whatever
02-16-2009, 09:49 AM
I know. I am so impressed by him!!!

So far I like most of them. I was glad the bickering couple was out first. Now I want the older couple with the husband who's always yelling at the wife to leave. I still cannot for the life of me figure out why these people do not get themselves in some kind of shape first. They know they're going on the show -- work out or something. That's really pathetic how some of them couldn't climb that hill. I think some of the contestants on The Biggest Loser could do better than that. And why do they always give them faulty equipment to work with? I don't see how anyone could use those rickety things to carry that much cheese. And how rude of all those people to stand around laughing at them. I wonder if they could have done any better. I was really afraid someone would get injured by rolling cheese. What I really thought was strange was that it seemed that once the cheese rolled down the hill, all they had to do was go get it and add it to the stack. I thought the idea was that they had to carry it down the hill somehow.

I agree with you as far as if you know you are going on that show why would you not try to get in shape. I mean if you know anything about the show you should know it requires alot of running and hard labor challenges at times. I actually am rooting for the older couple. I don't think they will go far as they don't seem all the bright. But they seem to have heart and desire, well he does, and it surprised me.

bonniejeanne
02-21-2009, 12:54 AM
Well, it made it on "The Soup."

http://www.eonline.com/videos/v13764166001_The_Soup__The_Big_Cheese.html

whatever
02-22-2009, 11:09 AM
I have to tape tonight episodes since the race is on. :(

dv8grl
02-25-2009, 07:01 AM
That was the saddest moment ever when the "older" lady realized that she was lost & had gone the wrong way. I felt so bad for her!!!!!

PinkAquila
02-25-2009, 10:37 AM
Just asking a question here. But have you noticed that whenever they have a team with two blonds on it, they say something like "Being blond in another country will give us an advantage."

*nothing against blonds, I've been blond a couple times myself ;)

PinkAquila
02-25-2009, 10:40 AM
I also would love to throw pies at other people that just seems like so much fun!!

Is Bavarian Cream really heavy. It looked liked it.

155oaks
02-25-2009, 08:22 PM
yes it was sad when the lady was lost. Luckily her husband was like this is so typical of Linda to get lost and he was really understanding. I never thought they would go far since being at the end of the pack since the get go.

I am rooting for the Asian siblings and the Mother and Son who is deaf.

bonniejeanne
03-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Did anybody else enjoy seeing Phil in his underwear? LOL.

speedygirl
03-15-2009, 06:53 PM
This episode was good. The underwear running was hysterical. Especially the poor girl in the thong.

ladybugva
03-17-2009, 04:52 AM
Not getting any complaints from me on seeing Phil in his undies ;)

whatever
03-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Yeah but it felt like a teaser it was so fast!! lol
I think I am rooting for mom and the deaf boy. He really cracks me up.

155oaks
03-23-2009, 06:39 PM
the blondes were eliminated on the last show.

I am getting annoyed with Victor and his sister.
the Mom and deaf son are my favorites.

The father and son seem to be up in the top group each week. mysterious.
I do believe some elements are rigged to go in favor for some

bonniejeanne
03-23-2009, 08:24 PM
The blondes did really well even though they had to perform an extra task. I felt bad for them, but I was glad it wasn't the stunt guys. I really enjoy their energy in performing the jumps and such. It's nice to see people who aren't crying and afraid to do things. I do like the mother and son team the best.

bonniejeanne
03-30-2009, 04:20 PM
I don't know about you, but if I were that father/son team and saw all the other teams heading in the opposite direction, I would have turned around and followed them. What made them think that they were the only ones doing the right thing. Also, I guess they changed the rules in paying cabs so that they could follow them. They did that in seasons past. Also, with the tampering of things to delay other teams. I know they used to allow that. I remember all the things that Rob and Amber did, and those two guys that called everyone else's cabs and cancelled them. At least they're making it more fair in some ways.

whatever
03-30-2009, 05:51 PM
I don't know about you, but if I were that father/son team and saw all the other teams heading in the opposite direction, I would have turned around and followed them. What made them think that they were the only ones doing the right thing. Also, I guess they changed the rules in paying cabs so that they could follow them. They did that in seasons past. Also, with the tampering of things to delay other teams. I know they used to allow that. I remember all the things that Rob and Amber did, and those two guys that called everyone else's cabs and cancelled them. At least they're making it more fair in some ways.

you know with the "tampering" thing I thought that also. I recall others doing things and NOT getting "punished" for it.

bonniejeanne
04-18-2009, 09:04 PM
You know what I didn't understand about the last episode. I don't know who else might have noticed, but Tammy and Victor left at 9:27 PM. The stunt guys who only had two thirty minute penalties (and had originally arrived first) left in third place at 12:46 AM. How is it that with only a one hour penalty they left three hours and nineteen minutes after the first team? I even taped the show again tonight when it came on Travel Channel just to make sure I saw it correctly. I really can't figure this one out. I looked all over the CBS Amazing Race site and couldn't find any kind of explanation for the vast time difference.

bonniejeanne
04-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Well, I sure am tired of those sisters and their mean ways. I hope they get the boot next week.

gmyers
04-19-2009, 10:39 PM
They said they weren't making fun of the guy thats deaf but they were.

4diego
04-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Right, I do not like them at all now. Why be that way? What a bunch of hooey that they were allowed to act that way.

BeanieLuvR
04-20-2009, 04:43 AM
They need to go. They are the only couple left that I really don't like. They are rude and mean. I couldn't believe they kept calling him what they did. And yes, I agree they were definately laughing at him at the pit stop. I wonder if they realized how they made themselves look on national tv. Picking on Luke was not a nice thing to do.

whatever
04-20-2009, 08:55 AM
You know what I didn't understand about the last episode. I don't know who else might have noticed, but Tammy and Victor left at 9:27 PM. The stunt guys who only had two thirty minute penalties (and had originally arrived first) left in third place at 12:46 AM. How is it that with only a one hour penalty they left three hours and nineteen minutes after the first team? I even taped the show again tonight when it came on Travel Channel just to make sure I saw it correctly. I really can't figure this one out. I looked all over the CBS Amazing Race site and couldn't find any kind of explanation for the vast time difference.

I think you are confused with the week before. This past week they had longer penalties. I can't recall how long, but it was hours. They got to check in early, but were told it would cost them in time when starting.

I agree with everyone. I would think those two girls being of color would understand more than anyone there what it would be like to be biased against. So to make fun of someone of a disability is not only disrespectful but stupid.
I hope they go next. ANd the way the way they rate in the race so far(with the exeception of this last leg) I think they will go home. Fingers crossed.

bonniejeanne
04-20-2009, 10:23 AM
I think you are confused with the week before. This past week they had longer penalties. I can't recall how long, but it was hours. They got to check in early, but were told it would cost them in time when starting.

I agree with everyone. I would think those two girls being of color would understand more than anyone there what it would be like to be biased against. So to make fun of someone of a disability is not only disrespectful but stupid.
I hope they go next. ANd the way the way they rate in the race so far(with the exeception of this last leg) I think they will go home. Fingers crossed.

I was talking about last week's episode, not last night's episode.

whatever
04-22-2009, 05:12 PM
I was talking about last week's episode, not last night's episode.

Sorry, Just saw the dates and thought you meant that episode.

whatever
04-27-2009, 07:40 AM
Darn it!! I was soooo hoping the sisters went home!! I mean first they make fun of Luke then they make fun of chinese people not speaking english in thier OWN freaking country!!!

bonniejeanne
04-27-2009, 08:46 AM
Darn it!! I was soooo hoping the sisters went home!! I mean first they make fun of Luke then they make fun of chinese people not speaking english in thier OWN freaking country!!!

Yea, that was too good. Right after they complained about the Chinese, the lady behind the counter spoke English to Margie and Luke. I'm so hoping they're out in the next leg. I couldn't believe Tammy and Victor didn't go for the swim. After a couple of dives, they should have seen that it wasn't that easy. Boy, could Margie swim!

gmyers
05-03-2009, 09:13 PM
The sisters are gone now. I bet they feel horrible for losing because one stopped to pee.

dv8grl
05-04-2009, 04:36 AM
For a one in three chance to win a million dollars, I would pee on myself.....

BeanieLuvR
05-04-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm happy with the final 3. I didn't want the sisters in it. I'm rooting for Margie and Luke.

suzski
05-04-2009, 11:47 AM
I'm happy with the final 3. I didn't want the sisters in it. I'm rooting for Margie and Luke.

I completely agree!

cathych
05-04-2009, 02:16 PM
I get the mag "entertainment weekly", and it said the odds were in favor of Margie and Luke winning. When the sisters lost this time, it just goes to show you how Karma can bite you in the you-know-where. I agree, I would have peed on myself. Heck, everybody has seen someone pee. Its not that big of a deal.

whatever
05-04-2009, 04:25 PM
I get the mag "entertainment weekly", and it said the odds were in favor of Margie and Luke winning. When the sisters lost this time, it just goes to show you how Karma can bite you in the you-know-where. I agree, I would have peed on myself. Heck, everybody has seen someone pee. Its not that big of a deal.

I hope they win. For someone like Luke to not only get this far being deaf but to win would be AWESOME. I mean think how hard some of those challenges had to be for him.
I like the other teams well enough but this pair had me from the start. :)

bonniejeanne
05-04-2009, 04:26 PM
You know, with the robes those girls had on, who would have been able to tell if she peed on herself? That was so stupid!

cathych
05-10-2009, 07:29 PM
You know, with the robes those girls had on, who would have been able to tell if she peed on herself? That was so stupid!

ok, did everyone watch the finale?????

gmyers
05-10-2009, 08:14 PM
I did and I really wanted the deaf guy and his mom to win. He would have if he hadn't got stumped on the last surf board. But I liked the ones that won too.

speedygirl
05-10-2009, 08:24 PM
I feel the same too. I was kind of hoping for a sappy ending with Luke and his mom winning on Mothers Day. I was happy with who won as well.

bonniejeanne
05-10-2009, 09:24 PM
I felt so bad for Luke, cause he was so far ahead and then he just couldn't get it together. I did think it was funny that both Luke and Victor had to take their shorts off cause they kept falling down. Why are they wearing such baggy clothes when they know they have to do this crazy stuff? Victor and Tammy did well but I really wanted Margie and Luke to win. If it hadn't been for them, those two redheads wouldn't have gotten very far at all. I was hoping they would at least wait for them and jump on the mat together. Luke gave her the one she needed then all she did was show him her answers and take off. I really wasn't impressed with them.

Jolie Rouge
05-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Heartbreaking finish to CBS' 'Amazing Race'
David Bauder, Ap Television Writer
Mon May 11, 12:50 am ET

NEW YORK – Some quick thinking at the end won $1 million for a brother-sister team of Harvard-educated lawyers on the CBS game of "Amazing Race."

But it was a heartbreaking finish for the competition's first deaf contestant.

The winner, Victor Jih, 35, and his sister Tammy, 26, explored a sometimes contentious relationship during their journey. The 14th edition of the game concluded in Maui, Hawaii, and was televised Sunday.

"I just tried to enjoy the race for what it was and just be true to my emotions, the highs and lows," Victor Jih said after the victory. They're both practicing lawyers in California.

Three teams traveled from Beijing to Hawaii for the game's final set of competitions, which involved preparing pigs for luaus and racing on personal watercrafts to find clues floating on the water.

Luke Adams, 22, just graduated as the valedictorian of the Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind, and raced with his mother Margie, 50. They were in the lead heading into the last competition, which involved picking out surfboards with insignias representing every leg of their trip. Luke started fast but couldn't get the last one right.

As he was frustrated, Victor Jih completed his task and headed into a taxi for the finish line. So did the third team, two former NFL cheerleaders who were trying to be the first all-female team to win the race. Cara Rosenthal, 26, of Boca Raton, Fla. and pal Jaime Edmondson, 29, of Fort Lauderdale finished second, hampered at the end by a clueless cab driver.

Margie Adams tried to console her son during the final cab ride to the finish line after 40,000 miles.

"I'm very lucky to have you as my mom," Luke said to her in the shorthand sign language they had developed together.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090511/ap_en_tv/us_tv_amazing_race

whatever
05-13-2009, 10:10 AM
I had taped it and just was able to watch it last night. I was so disappointed that Luke and his mom did not win. I felt so bad for him on that last challenge. I can only imagine how hard doing those (remembering all those places and connecting the hints) would be!
I am so happy they made it to the final three. It proves any handicap person is just as capable to do something when they set there mind to it!! :)
Its funny to watch her yell at Luke when he can't hear even she forgets. lol
Which makes it even more endearing to me.
I liked Victor and Tammy well enough but really Wanted Luke to win it with his mom. Something new for a change!

cathych
05-13-2009, 10:23 AM
they always have that in the last challenge, its like making fire on survivor. Its like Jeff said one time on survivor, that everyone should learn how to make fire before they got there.