PDA

View Full Version : Gawd my life is spinning right now! LONG

dinosmom
02-13-2009, 04:57 PM
First of all, I never should have gotten married in July. We were perfectly content with being together w/o being married for so long and he decided that we needed to get married-out of the blue. Against my better judgement we did-and rather quickly-without thinking. Then things went down hill. We just started drifting apart. Even went to counseling. Early last month we decided to separate and he moved out. So soon to be EX moved back with his EX (are u following me? I know I am lost too). They had been divorced for 5 yrs and separated for at least 6. He told me 2 wks ago that they were getting back together and that he was filing for divorce. Fine-whatever at this point. In the meantime I met someone....He is a tow truck driver and we met when I had to go to the lot to pick up the items from a friends car who was in an accident (friend is fine). I swear to you, I have never felt this way about anyone before. It was from the moment our eyes met (which is kind of comical because it was in a dirty auto shop with noisy air guns etc) and I swear I heard angels singing. LOL He is totally FINE-beyond fine! And he totally flirted with me and actually asked me for my phone number! (now remember this for later) Totally wasnt looking for any type of relationship but there he was and he is so far, really amazing. He told me that he was hooked (no pun intended from the tow truck driver LOL) from the moment he saw me walk in. We are just at the lets go out to dinner and for drinks stage and he is fine with that. He works crazy hours and gets called out alot because he is some certified big tow something something. LOL Now back to the phone number thingy.....His uncle owns the towing firm and found out that he asked me out on the property. Apparently its against the company policy to actively persue customers! (which I can understand) Now he may lose his job over me and I feel TERRIBLE!

Okay, stop the world because I want to get off!

DBackFan
02-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Well...first off I am sorry about your marriage, its always tough to walk away from that much time together, married or not. Secondly I'm glad you met someone who makes you feel so good, lets hope he doesn't lose his job. Sometimes thats just a threat especially in his line of work, I can't see his uncle firing him. Its a tow business for goodness sakes. Either way I wish you happiness, however it works out.

I have to admit you had me smiling with your humor..lol

whatever
02-13-2009, 05:39 PM
I agree I don't think he will be fired. I don't see why he is making a big thing now. Maybe you/he should explain first off it wasn't your car even in the lot. You were there doing a favor for your friend. So TECH. you were NOT a customer. Glad to see one door is closing and another one is opening up that sounds much better for you. :)

sunflowers
02-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Dont rush into anything...Im glad your happy but look where it got you before... Take it slow!

Anniston
02-13-2009, 06:50 PM
I was going to say the same thing that whatever said. Technically you were not a customer. Hopefully his uncle cuts him slack on that. On a positive side note, at least you know he does not ask ladies out on the job as a norm! Glad you met someone that makes you feel so happy. I hope he keeps his job and you find time soon to get together for an evening out.

Freebeemom
02-14-2009, 06:03 AM
I understand he may loose his job, but are you sure he is telling the truth. You did just meet him. Take it slow and don't get yourself too wrapped up in the drama. If they fire him over you, this quickly, something isn't right....

On the other hand, I am glad you are happy. Just be careful.

dinosmom
02-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

UPDATE-Last night we met for dinner and talked. It turns out his uncle is just not happy with what happened but he is in no way going to get fired (I missunderstood him). That was a total relief to me. Now here is the totally AWESOME part....after dinner he walked me to my car. So far he has only kissed my hand (aw) and given me a kiss on the cheek (bigger aw). Well last night he kissed me-a real kiss on the lips! Short but REALLY sweet! As our lips met, we heard SINGING! The church across the street must have had choir practice going on!!!!!!! LOL AND what does he say????? "Oh look, the angels are singing!"....thats what I had been telling everyone that happened when I first saw him! This is insane, crazy, off the hook! LOL He is this HUGE guy-massive arms etc yet he is the most tender and sweetest person I have ever met! And his eyes! Oh to die for. I seriously have NEVER felt like this before. BUT I will heed the advice to take is slow. Which is something he agrees with. This weekend is just a ME weekend. I will spend it just reorganizing my house (and life :) ). My DS is with his bio father-which is another crazy turn as the ex moved away and had nothing to do with us but then moved back recently and has really decided to be a true father (I am actually crying right now as I write this because my DS really needs this right now and I never thought it would happen).

So I no longer want to stop the world and get off.....I just wish it would stop spinning so fast! I'm gonna get whiplash!!!! LOL

hblueeyes
02-14-2009, 10:13 AM
Looks like "the angels" are stepping in to align everything. Take it slow but follow your instincts. I am happy and excited for you.

Me

tljohn123
02-14-2009, 10:17 AM
Isn't it fun when things happen like that? It was like that when I met Ed. Felt like we'd known each other forever, couldn't stop talking...and the kissing part was wonderful too hehehe....

Like everyone is saying...take it easy, take it slow. If it's meant to be, you'll know. But I think you do already.

sunniekiss
02-14-2009, 12:37 PM
Not looking to rain on your parade but aren't you still legally married?

Take my words of wisdom, take time to heal & get over your marraige bfeore you enter into a new relationship. If this new guy is truely "the one" then he will still be there waiting for you. Rushinginto something before your last relationship is finished is just a recipie for disaster.

With that said good luck.

dinosmom
02-14-2009, 02:37 PM
Sunniekiss-Yes, you are so right. And thats what I intend to do from now on. Luckily the divorce should be pretty easy (knock on wood) as we have already agreed on things and had kept separate accounts for most things anyway. So far its very amicable. I really dont think I was emotionally into the marriage anyway.

Thanks again!

sunniekiss
02-14-2009, 05:23 PM
Sunniekiss-Yes, you are so right. And thats what I intend to do from now on. Luckily the divorce should be pretty easy (knock on wood) as we have already agreed on things and had kept separate accounts for most things anyway. So far its very amicable. I really dont think I was emotionally into the marriage anyway.

Thanks again!

Just concentrate on you & the kiddos. Love will take care of itself. Been single for 5 years last month & only now do I feel like I am ready for a relationship. Tried one last year, either was too soon or wasn't the right one. I hope & pray you divorce goes smoothly. My EX & I did agree on just about everything until the day of the divorce hearing & then all of a sudden he didn't want to agree or co-operate on anything.

Took me $7,000 but was the BEST $7,000 I ever spent.

If we lived closer we could have a girls nite out. {{HUGS****

Anniston
02-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

UPDATE-Last night we met for dinner and talked. It turns out his uncle is just not happy with what happened but he is in no way going to get fired (I missunderstood him). That was a total relief to me. Now here is the totally AWESOME part....after dinner he walked me to my car. So far he has only kissed my hand (aw) and given me a kiss on the cheek (bigger aw). Well last night he kissed me-a real kiss on the lips! Short but REALLY sweet! As our lips met, we heard SINGING! The church across the street must have had choir practice going on!!!!!!! LOL AND what does he say????? "Oh look, the angels are singing!"....thats what I had been telling everyone that happened when I first saw him! This is insane, crazy, off the hook! LOL He is this HUGE guy-massive arms etc yet he is the most tender and sweetest person I have ever met! And his eyes! Oh to die for. I seriously have NEVER felt like this before. BUT I will heed the advice to take is slow. Which is something he agrees with. This weekend is just a ME weekend. I will spend it just reorganizing my house (and life :) ). My DS is with his bio father-which is another crazy turn as the ex moved away and had nothing to do with us but then moved back recently and has really decided to be a true father (I am actually crying right now as I write this because my DS really needs this right now and I never thought it would happen).

So I no longer want to stop the world and get off.....I just wish it would stop spinning so fast! I'm gonna get whiplash!!!! LOL

Thanks for sharing the story of your first "real" kiss! That is just too darn romantic!! Loved it!! Good for you to have found this, and are going to take it slow to enjoy every evolving moment!!