PDA

View Full Version : I hate BLEACH!!!

sunflowers
02-13-2009, 08:12 AM
I was washing socks and put just a little bleach in, was very careful making sure not to splatter. Wipped of the sides . thought I was good to go. I walked into the bathroom look in the mirror and see 3 F*ing white spots on my new pink shirt! WTF!!!

Kelsey1224
02-13-2009, 09:00 AM
I'm so sorry. I've had that happen to me as well.

ahippiechic
02-13-2009, 09:05 AM
That's why I don't use it.

krisharry
02-13-2009, 09:42 AM
Oh, I have had that happen soooo many times, now I just take my shirt off before I add the bleach. LOL

teenap
02-13-2009, 11:26 AM
I loathe bleach, cant stand the smell, even for cleaning, blech
sorry about your shirt!

WtPlover
02-13-2009, 11:34 AM
I love bleach yes I have had some of my clothes ruined by a few flying drips but I HATE dingy ugly socks and white tshirts so I will forever love my bleach and I love to clean with it when you walk into the house you know your house is clean YEAAAAA for Bleach
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii188/Poohlover92499/clorox_bleach_bottle.gif

sunflowers
02-13-2009, 11:36 AM
I use maybe 1x a month and only for socks...I should have known better..wait today is Friday the 13th..thats probably why!:lightning

bonniejeanne
02-13-2009, 12:05 PM
Oh, I have had that happen soooo many times, now I just take my shirt off before I add the bleach. LOL

Same here. If I'm going to use bleach, I take off anything I don't want ruined by it. Wear something old you don't care about while doing laundry.

ahippiechic
02-13-2009, 12:13 PM
Ultra Tide w/bleach. My whites aren't dingy and my clothes aren't ruined. (well, from bleach anyway!)

PinkAquila
02-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Actually Bleach is one of my favorite shows.
http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr149/PinkAquillaFantasy/largeAnimePaperscans_Bleach_flaviap.jpg

But yeah, I do have allot of bleached stained t-shirts I wear around home.
No matter how hard I try I always get splashed a little.

BeanieLuvR
02-13-2009, 12:28 PM
I had the same thing happen but it was by using the bleach pen and it was a blue shirt. :( I was soooo mad. I collect tshirts from every amusement park we go to and it was one of them. I'm sorry about your shirt. I now stand a foot away and dab gently. For my regular white loads I use the tide with bleach too. I use the pen if I get a spot on one of my white shirts.

baragabrat
02-13-2009, 12:30 PM
I mainly use bleach to whiten my dishcloths. I put it in my dishwater (sanitizing my dishes at the same time) and wash away. I like to wear an apron when I do this. And I do like bleach for my laundry, but after awhile it causes my white clothes to yellow. Not attractive.

Shancopp
02-13-2009, 01:30 PM
I have a black t shirt w/ bleach splatters (small). I just fill in the white spots w/a magic marker before wearing it. Gotta do it each time you wash it, but it fills in the obvious white spots.

whatever
02-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Sorry this happened to you. I use whink here. We have well water with a softner. And bleach doesn't work. But whink keep our whites white. :)
I to hate the smell of bleach. I do keep the clorox clean up handy cause it works great on counter spills that won't come up however.

sunflowers
02-13-2009, 03:54 PM
I have a black t shirt w/ bleach splatters (small). I just fill in the white spots w/a magic marker before wearing it. Gotta do it each time you wash it, but it fills in the obvious white spots.

thats exactly what I did..I found my pink marker and dabbed it on the 3 spots...it wasnt quite a match but a heck of a lot better than 3 white spots

meltodd69
02-13-2009, 08:08 PM
I don't use bleach in the clothes, but I do like it for the dishes. And the bathroom.

dv8grl
02-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Oxiclean!!!!!!!!

ilovecats
02-13-2009, 09:16 PM

thats exactly what I did..I found my pink marker and dabbed it on the 3 spots...it wasnt quite a match but a heck of a lot better than 3 white spots

How ingenious.After all the bleach-stained clothes I have thrown out over the years,I can't believe such a simple thing never even crossed my mind.

sunflowers
02-14-2009, 06:26 AM
How ingenious.After all the bleach-stained clothes I have thrown out over the years,I can't believe such a simple thing never even crossed my mind.

make sure it is a perm. one

hotwheelstx
02-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Aggie uses bleach...I won't/don't. I use peroxide or Oxyclean. I've had to many clothes ruined by bleach.

iluvmybaby
02-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Aggie uses bleach...I won't/don't. I use peroxide or Oxyclean. I've had to many clothes ruined by bleach.

Take the black shirt and turn it into tie die. Band it together like you would anything, pour some bleach and dip in it wearing gloves. Wash it seperate and there you go, TIE DYE :) P S I did this with my favorite black shirt after I spilled it by accident, I got 10,000 compiments!

fleabones3
02-14-2009, 04:49 PM
I use Biz instad of bleach . Its a powder, gets the whites white and I dont have to worry about spills. I use bleach for the toilet, tub and sinks, but i wear clothes i dont care about when i do that

reneep45
02-14-2009, 11:38 PM
:dancing2:

Oxiclean!!!!!!!!

tracyb
02-15-2009, 09:40 AM
I dont like the smell of oxiclean....I tried it when it first came out and didnt care for the smell....have they changed the scent on it?

my problem is adding shock to the pool....gets me every time...ughhhh