PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to throw our f'n printer out the f'n window

Shann
02-12-2009, 04:42 PM
In December our HP all in one's wheel spindle thingy that feeds the paper through quit working. So right before Christmas we went and bought another HP all in one. Luke installed it over Christmas and since January I have had to re-insert the disk THREE Times for it to print one farking piece of paper. Last week I uninstalled it and reinstalled and all was well, then three days ago the farking thing said offline. Figured out how to get the stupid thing back online only to have to reinsert the cd rom AGAIN two days ago b/c surprise no printer to be found :mad: :mad: :mad: well guess what, today I go to use it, no printer to be found and when I turned it on "new hardware found" WTF! Now a box is popping up saying "installation media required" how many f'n times do I need to f'n install whatever the F it wants me to :mad: :getyou In all the years of having the original HP we NEVER had any issues w/ it. Poor dogs I just started yelling at the stupid f'n printer and they all looked real scared *sigh* Does anyone know how to fix this, b/c seriously I'm about to open the window and throw this POS out of it. How many times does one need to install crap for the damn printer to farking work :mad: And yes I completely installed it just a few days ago. I have to run to the store but when I get back HP is getting a *nice* email about their f'n POS product from me :getyou :mad:

ahippiechic
02-12-2009, 04:50 PM
It's an HP, just go ahead and toss it out the window and save yourself more frustration!

tunisia
02-12-2009, 04:52 PM
do you suppose it is not the printer, but rather something with the computer that is not recognizing it?

I am no techie and that has to be so darned fustrating.

do they have a 'trouble shooting guide' or 'help' section on their website that would help to fix the problem?

cabby92
02-12-2009, 04:55 PM
My HP at work was constantly losing itself. It always preferred doing it when I needed a big report printed or had someone waiting on something. Our windows are glass block so throwing it out one of them wasn't an option but I did box the sucker up and heave it into the warehouse. My Brother laser printer and I have been happily printing away for four months now. I hope to never see that stupid HP again.

ilikefree
02-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Sorry you are having trouble. I have an HP all in one and LOVE it.

Mini
02-12-2009, 05:10 PM
We have an HP all in one also and it sucks it hasnt worked right since day 1! Its sooo frustrating! I hope you can get it fixed but I would agree..IF you can afford it go get a different brand :hug

keoka3
02-12-2009, 06:31 PM
I got a cheap hp printer and it works good, not for pictures what I wanted it for, but for my coupons it is ok, now my scanner is a different thing it is a hp I hate it

Jenefer3
02-12-2009, 06:54 PM
I have a HP all in one too and it sucks, constantly having to reinstall it, so I just uninstalled and it's sitting there collecting dust. I am currently hunting for a new one, that will NOT be HP.

socks1211
02-12-2009, 07:10 PM
try going directly through the hp site and installing it they have all the updated drivers and everything

Quaker_Parrots
02-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Yep, do this. I had to do this with my lexmark(it still sucks monkey butt because the ink doesnt print as nice as an HP) but at least now I can print all the pages I put in a print que instead of just one or 2. It had a file missing due to me having Vista.

try going directly through the hp site and installing it they have all the updated drivers and everything

rlynn411
02-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Check the HP Support site. Awhile back there were alerts regarding printers "uninstalling" themselves.

iluvmybaby
02-13-2009, 04:47 AM
In December our HP all in one's wheel spindle thingy that feeds the paper through quit working. So right before Christmas we went and bought another HP all in one. Luke installed it over Christmas and since January I have had to re-insert the disk THREE Times for it to print one farking piece of paper. Last week I uninstalled it and reinstalled and all was well, then three days ago the farking thing said offline. Figured out how to get the stupid thing back online only to have to reinsert the cd rom AGAIN two days ago b/c surprise no printer to be found :mad: :mad: :mad: well guess what, today I go to use it, no printer to be found and when I turned it on "new hardware found" WTF! Now a box is popping up saying "installation media required" how many f'n times do I need to f'n install whatever the F it wants me to :mad: :getyou In all the years of having the original HP we NEVER had any issues w/ it. Poor dogs I just started yelling at the stupid f'n printer and they all looked real scared *sigh* Does anyone know how to fix this, b/c seriously I'm about to open the window and throw this POS out of it. How many times does one need to install crap for the damn printer to farking work :mad: And yes I completely installed it just a few days ago. I have to run to the store but when I get back HP is getting a *nice* email about their f'n POS product from me :getyou :mad:

Yes, computer Tourettes syndrom is common, especially with HP and Lexmark. Just make sure that there is no one underneath it when you throw it out the window.

SLance68
02-13-2009, 06:23 AM
I would have to say call HP. We had a problem with the software on our HP large format (blueprint type) printer. I called and the problem was the software that came with the printer. They e-mailed me a updated driver for it and haven't had a problem since. We have 2 other HP laser printers and I have a HP color laser at home and haven't had any problems with them. However, I must say that I have never had a HP inkjet other than the large format one so that might be the ones that have problems.

DAVESBABYDOLL
02-13-2009, 06:25 AM
My best friend and I were just talking about her HP yesterday. Her's took a schit,so what did she do? bought another HP..dummy..lol

starduster31
02-13-2009, 11:04 AM
i have HP computers and printers, and they have always worked great for me. what i like is HP chat, where if you have a problem, you can chat with someone.

Shann
02-13-2009, 01:44 PM
thanks for letting me vent all. I *think* I figured out the problem. For some reason b/c we did not care to register our product it wasn't completely installing.. what a farking bunch of bull is that? So I registered the farking thing and so far haven't had any issues... but seriously? what if I didn't want to register it? That should be my choice and they shouldn't make anyone have to register so they can use THEIR printer... BOOOOO! Like I said we had no issues w/ our last one and I don't know that we had it registered either :rolleyes: I told Luke if it keeps acting up I will be throwing it out the window :lol

whatever
02-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Sorry you are having trouble. I have an HP all in one and LOVE it.
I like mine as well. But it studders now (its like 3 years old, but I don't use it alot because i used to rotate between 2 of them) when printing. Like I will try printing a pix and it will stop and go etc.

Yes, computer Tourettes syndrom is common, especially with HP and Lexmark. Just make sure that there is no one underneath it when you throw it out the window.
Sounds like mine.....sttudddeerrriinnggg lol

My best friend and I were just talking about her HP yesterday. Her's took a schit,so what did she do? bought another HP..dummy..lol

My mom just did that with her computer. She had a stupid Emachine. Both of the buttons stuck ( monitor and tower) and ob. she could no longer turn it on/ off. So what does she do, buy another emachine of course.

SLance68
02-13-2009, 03:47 PM
My mom just did that with her computer. She had a stupid Emachine. Both of the buttons stuck ( monitor and tower) and ob. she could no longer turn it on/ off. So what does she do, buy another emachine of course.

You Mom's computer sounds like my brothers old one. It wouldn't shut off so he would just unplug it. It was like that for 2 years until a friend of his fixed the darn button. It figures a mechanic can't figure out how to change a simple switch on a computer.