PDA

View Full Version : Ohio teacher skipped class for second job

LuvBigRip
02-11-2009, 12:16 PM
As a prostitute......

Deputies: Ohio teacher cut class for prostitution

BELLEFONTAINE, Ohio – Authorities say an Ohio fourth-grade teacher had a side job as a prostitute, and even skipped class after using a school computer to arrange an afternoon tryst at a motel.

Logan County sheriff's officials say 35-year-old Amber Carter was arrested Tuesday at a motel parking lot in Bellefontaine (behl-FOWN'-tin) in central Ohio. She's charged with misdemeanor prostitution and a felony, unauthorized use of property, regarding the computer.

Bellefontaine City Schools Superintendent Larry Anderson says officials are shocked. He says Carter never received a reprimand in 13 years at the district.

She's now on administrative leave.

A woman answering a phone listing for Amber Carter in Bellefontaine hung up on a call seeking comment Wednesday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090211/ap_on_re_us/ohio_teacher_prostitution;_ylt=AvF9z7Ir.hu5MUfytX4 z6GvtiBIF

This is what I hate about unions. I will lay you odds that she is on PAID administrative leave. She will not work, she will continue to receive her salary, and the union will fight for her job. For years. Costing the schools (an in essence you and I, Joe Taxpayer huge legal fees, as well as the pay of a teacher.

atprm
02-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Deputies: Ohio teacher cut class for prostitution

http://img.breitbart.com/images/2009/2/11/ap-p/8ba9c8c5-4554-4f03-ad87-4f50f6a2f82f_preview.jpg

BELLEFONTAINE, Ohio (AP) - A fourth-grade teacher had a side job as a prostitute, and even skipped class after using a school computer to arrange an afternoon tryst at a motel, authorities said Wednesday.

Amber Carter, 35, left school early on Tuesday—taking half a sick day—and was arrested in a motel parking lot in Bellefontaine, where authorities had set up a sting operation.

An anonymous e-mail was sent to the Logan County Sheriff's Department on Feb. 4 saying a local woman was posting cash-for-sex ads on the popular Web site Craigslist, Lt. Rob Bibart said.

Detectives found the ad and arranged Tuesday's meeting with Carter, he said.

"It was done very subtly. We pulled up, I identified myself," he said. "I put her in an unmarked car and off we went."

Detectives were uncertain how long Carter had been advertising for sex, Bibart said.

Bellefontaine, a small city of 13,000, is about 50 miles northwest of Columbus.

Carter was placed on administrative leave, said Bellefontaine City Schools Superintendent Larry Anderson. She has worked for the district for 13 years, starting as a kindergarten teacher.

"It's really a shock," Anderson said. "She's never been involved with any disciplinary issues or anything else. She's done a very good job."

A substitute teacher filled in for Carter at Western Intermediate School on Wednesday. The school's principal and guidance counselor met with the students to answer questions about the allegations, Anderson said. The school was to send a letter home to parents about the case.

Carter was charged with misdemeanor prostitution and a felony count of unauthorized use of property, related to the school computer. She was released from Logan County jail Tuesday.

A woman answering a phone listing for Amber Carter in Bellefontaine hung up on a reporter seeking comment Wednesday.

Anig2u
02-11-2009, 06:59 PM
They need to start paying teachers more money if they are resorting to that..LMAO. Seriously though, makes you wonder what a lot of teachers do that we don't know about.