PDA

View Full Version : Wtf!

Mom2-3boys
02-11-2009, 09:12 AM
So I get a phone call late yesterday afternoon from the little guy's mom, that I just stopped watching last Friday, she said "I have a problem!" I said "what's that" She said my new day care lady has called the police and said we are abusing "B" The police and social services are on their way over. I said why is she saying child abuse? She said When he came home Monday he had bruises and a bite mark on his back Day Care lady had called her and told her about the bite but the bruises on his back are unexplained then yesterday all of a sudden his bottom was very bruised so day care lady took pictures and called the mom and said she was calling the police. Mom went and picked him up and went home waiting for the police to show up. Police showed up and they and ss looked at "B"s bottom said it looked like he had been beaten...his bottom was still red from hit marks along with bruises. Told the mom not to take "B" back to that woman or talk to that woman until the investigation was over. I am waiting, as I type this, for a detective to call me. In the almost 3 years I watched "B" there were NEVER any signs of abuse never anything that even made me think there was a possibility of abuse and now after 2 days with this day care lady he's all bruised up....uh hell yeah I think it's her! I am going to be taking him back for a couple of weeks while she finds yet another day care I hope to h*ll she does a lot more research before agreeing to one. I am so angry this happened to him!!

Renrut
02-11-2009, 09:18 AM
O wow, that is so sad!! Im glad you r gonna watch him for a bit but don't get suckered in again. Curious to know if they ever did call you though. Could she have made it all up for you to watch him again?

freeby4me
02-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Wow that poor little guy, glad you're able to help for a little while.

Anniston
02-11-2009, 09:35 AM
That is crazy. I can't even venture to imagine what it would be like to have my child abused by a daycare provider.

I hope that mom is being truthful and not just trying to get you back. That would be really messed up.

SLance68
02-11-2009, 09:45 AM
Before you take that child back get the name and phone number of the SS worker and the Detective and verify the story is true before you agree to anything. I would bet she is making up the story to get you suckered back into watching him whenever she wants.

April78945
02-11-2009, 09:57 AM
From the stories you posted about these "parents" before, I was thinking he was probably abused. Hell, he was neglected already so why not add abuse to it. Sorry you have to deal with it and I hope the little guy is ok :(

Mom2-3boys
02-11-2009, 10:15 AM
From the stories you posted about these "parents" before, I was thinking he was probably abused. Hell, he was neglected already so why not add abuse to it. Sorry you have to deal with it and I hope the little guy is ok :(

I would agree with you they didn't always have the best judgment but when/if I said something about it (when it pertained to "B" and not me) it was usually corrected as far as physical abuse though no there was never ever anything that made me think he was being abused he was always a happy kiddo and I always knew when he was scared or upset because he would chew on his fingers.

About the comment about the mom making this up I don't think she would do that, at least I hope to God not, that's pretty low. I haven't heard back from the mom and still no call from the detective.....unless she calls me and tells me what's going on, my plans as far as not having "B" are going to continue. I refuse to be sucked back into that where she just brings him or doesn't and doesn't let me know.

justme23
02-11-2009, 10:25 AM
I don't know. If SS was there and really thought he looked like he'd been beaten they would have taken him. I don't know... I hope she's not lying too... but I can't imagine them NOT taking him.

ahippiechic
02-11-2009, 10:44 AM
They think the day care provider did the abusing, right? Not the mom.

Mom2-3boys
02-11-2009, 11:09 AM
They think the day care provider did the abusing, right? Not the mom.

Just talked to her they are "looking" into the day care provider but she said the detective went and talked to her fiance at work yesterday and he was really on him saying "Just admit you did it!"
She just emailed me the picture of his bottom a few minutes ago...made me cringe just looking at it.

tracyb
02-11-2009, 11:26 AM
can he not talk enough to tell them what has went on....from reading he is 3 or somewhere in that age....so maybe he can say who did this to him....

April78945
02-11-2009, 11:42 AM
^^ was thinking the same thing

tsquared
02-11-2009, 11:55 AM
How sad the poor little boy has to go through this

Kelsey1224
02-11-2009, 12:02 PM
This is just so sad. Poor little guy.

galeane29
02-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Wait just a minute!!!

The baby came home on Monday after being at the daycare with bruising and bite marks on him and she sent him BACK? I'd be down there opening a can of whoopass that day!

cinnamonch
02-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Some of this makes no sense. You stopped watching the child on Friday. He was fine. He goes to new daycare on Monday, comes home with bites and bruises? Mom sends him back? Today mom calls you saying SS, police, etc was called because new daycare reported mom as abusing child.

Why did the mom not report the daycare after seeing her child on Monday?
Did anyone bother to ask the child who spanked him and why?
Could the mom be making things up to get you to feel sorry for her so that you will take the child back? (it is possible the mom could have gott a pic off the web and then sent it to you and you not realize it).
Has the SS or police contacted you about the child?
Could mom have done this to her own child? Desperate folks will do desperate things.

msginna
02-11-2009, 01:50 PM
am surprized people didn't want to talk to you!!!!!! I mean you have been with him a lot... I am saying this a social services stand point... yeh this doesn't sound right

just realized you saw pics.... so it is real, all I can say is wow

BeanieLuvR
02-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Poor little guy. :( I feel so bad for him. I hope they get to the bottom of it and find out which one did it. Quite frankly I'd then like to see them be bitten and beat to see how it feels. Child abusers make me sick!

Mom2-3boys
02-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Some of this makes no sense. You stopped watching the child on Friday. He was fine. He goes to new daycare on Monday, comes home with bites and bruises? Mom sends him back? Today mom calls you saying SS, police, etc was called because new daycare reported mom as abusing child.

Why did the mom not report the daycare after seeing her child on Monday?
Did anyone bother to ask the child who spanked him and why?
Could the mom be making things up to get you to feel sorry for her so that you will take the child back? (it is possible the mom could have gott a pic off the web and then sent it to you and you not realize it).
Has the SS or police contacted you about the child?
Could mom have done this to her own child? Desperate folks will do desperate things.

All valid questions and questions I have no answer to because I did not ask and no it's not a web pic. I've seen his bottom enough times with all the diaper changes I can recognize it and not as of present time has anybody contacted me. My husband and I just finished talking and we agree that I should keep my distance from the situation unless I am called by the detectives. There is really nothing I can do. I will take him back for a couple weeks while she finds someone else....that is, if she asks me too again...she didn't say a word about it when I spoke to her earlier today.

Quaker_Parrots
02-11-2009, 04:49 PM
I will take him back for a couple weeks while she finds someone else....that is, if she asks me too again...she didn't say a word about it when I spoke to her earlier today.

I wouldnt do that. You dont owe her anything. I wouldnt touch that situation with a ten foot pole because of the ramifications. What if the abuse comes back on you? You could have nothing to do with it and get dragged in to her drama. I would be very careful of this situation from now on out.

fairydana
02-11-2009, 06:09 PM
My heart is aching for the little boy. :(

msmom79
02-11-2009, 06:41 PM
as stated by others-i would not babysit that child agian,until this is over-how are you to know if this is the truth or not? call s.s. yourself,or the detective. find out the truth yourself-do not take this child back in,if you had him on friday,and he went to a sitter on monday,was hurt that day,then beaten the next-who;s to say that the new babysitter wouldnt blame you for the abuse? you never know what stories will come out of this-leave it alone for now,unless you are questioned by ss or some detectives. good luck to you,and prayers to that little one. at 3 he should be able to tell people who spanked him.jmoo

iluvmybaby
02-11-2009, 07:28 PM
So I get a phone call late yesterday afternoon from the little guy's mom, that I just stopped watching last Friday, she said "I have a problem!" I said "what's that" She said my new day care lady has called the police and said we are abusing "B" The police and social services are on their way over. I said why is she saying child abuse? She said When he came home Monday he had bruises and a bite mark on his back Day Care lady had called her and told her about the bite but the bruises on his back are unexplained then yesterday all of a sudden his bottom was very bruised so day care lady took pictures and called the mom and said she was calling the police. Mom went and picked him up and went home waiting for the police to show up. Police showed up and they and ss looked at "B"s bottom said it looked like he had been beaten...his bottom was still red from hit marks along with bruises. Told the mom not to take "B" back to that woman or talk to that woman until the investigation was over. I am waiting, as I type this, for a detective to call me. In the almost 3 years I watched "B" there were NEVER any signs of abuse never anything that even made me think there was a possibility of abuse and now after 2 days with this day care lady he's all bruised up....uh hell yeah I think it's her! I am going to be taking him back for a couple of weeks while she finds yet another day care I hope to h*ll she does a lot more research before agreeing to one. I am so angry this happened to him!!

That doesnt make sense, you think that the day care lady is abusing the child and then documenting her abuse to to get the Mom in trouble? Oops sorry just read all the replies about it was the mom reporting the day care lady

Mom2-3boys
02-11-2009, 08:05 PM
That doesnt make sense, you think that the day care lady is abusing the child and then documenting her abuse to to get the Mom in trouble? Why would she risk losing her daycare license and going to jail for child abuse?

It's just my angry opinion that she did it...it doesn't really make sense to me either. As I stated before there was never ANY indication he was being physically abused and I have been watching him since Oct. 2006 when he was 7 months old and he will be 3 next month. Did he have an occasional scrape or bruise yes, but nothing out of the ordinary for a busy boy that runs and climbs and falls. Why all of the sudden after 2 days being there should he have these unaccounted for (aside from the bite mark from another child going there) bruises, why all of a sudden would his mother and/or fiance start abusing him?? I don't know. I guess I think maybe the day care lady lost her cool and after seeing what she did is trying to cover her arse...there again my opinion.

I'm not going to go calling SS and I am not going to call the police. If they feel they need to speak with me they have my name and number, if not then whatever. I am trusting that they will find out what happened to him....to me all that matters is the little guy is safe.

As far as what some of you are saying about not taking him back I see your point. Like I said she didn't mention it today when I spoke with her and I am certainly not going to ask her to bring him back to me.

Shadowcat_99
02-12-2009, 01:09 AM
I can see why you might want to take him back... You are concerned for his well being, not the parents, the little guy's. He's just an innocent bystander and probably a victim in all of this, and just like any good mom, you want to see him safe.

Man, I'm not in your shoe's, but I can totally empathize with you.

Let's hope the detectives find out what is really going on, and that little guy end's up with someone good very very soon!

- Shadowcat

gravittr
02-15-2009, 04:04 PM
im sorry thats why i didnt work when the kids where little. i really hated it when i really had to put them in day care u just never know