PDA

View Full Version : Chris Brown arrested

LuvBigRip
02-09-2009, 07:17 AM
Chris Brown awaits charges; victim not identified
Feb. 9, 2009, 5:53 AM EST
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The only Grammy Awards anxiety Chris Brown was supposed to feel was over whether he'd win one. Instead, the R&B singer remains mired in suspicion over an allegation of domestic violence.

Following Brown's arrest late Sunday night on suspicion of making a criminal threat and subsequent release, plenty of questions remained: Was there a physical attack, and if so, against whom was it committed?

Los Angeles Police Sgt. Bridget Pickett said authorities continued to investigate what took place early Sunday in the ritzy Hancock Park neighborhood shortly after Brown and longtime girlfriend, pop superstar Rihanna, were seen happily sitting together at the annual pre-Grammy party hosted by Clive Davis.

Officers received a 911 call about an incident in which a woman accused Brown of hurting her. Authorities have not identified who that woman was, citing confidentiality for victims of domestic abuse.

The 19-year-old Brown, who had left the scene before authorities arrived, turned himself in to police while the Grammy Awards were going on Sunday without him — and also without Rihanna, who, like Brown, canceled her scheduled appearance.

Brown was released after posting $50,000 bail. Pickett described the singer as "professional" during processing.

Rihanna's publicist declined to say why the singer did not appear, saying only that she was "well" and expressing thanks for the concern. Brown's representatives also refused to discuss the allegations or his arrest.

A phone message left with Brown's attorney, Mark Geragos, was not immediately returned Sunday night.

News of the incident broke as stars were showing up at the Grammys. Police said in an initial news release, sent 90 minutes before the show began, that the woman accusing Brown showed visible injuries.

Still, Brown was not booked on suspicion of physically hurting the woman. Pickett said a criminal threats charge indicates a person makes a threat and has the capacity to carry it out.

"There may be domestic violence charges added later, but that will be up to the district attorney's office," Pickett said.

Less than an hour after the ceremony ended, Brown left a police substation with his attorney as numerous photographers tried to get a shot of him on the way out.

Pickett said Brown did not appear to have any physical injuries. She said she did not know who placed the 911 call and a police spokeswoman said the department would not release the tape.

Brown did not win in either category for which he was nominated: pop collaboration with vocals for "No Air" and male R&B vocal performance for "Take You Down."

http://entertainment.msn.com/news/article.aspx?news=351724&GT1=28102

sunflowers
02-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Victim is alleged to be Rihanna...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29088387/?GT1=43001

LuvBigRip
02-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Victim is alleged to be Rihanna...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29088387/?GT1=43001

The Minneapolis Star Tribune reported that Rihanna was "reportedly hospitalized with bruises on her face."

What an ass. :slap

sunflowers
02-09-2009, 03:51 PM
LOS ANGELES - New details have emerged over the alleged incident on Sunday morning between Chris Brown and a woman who authorities have not officially identified, but a source tells Access Hollywood is Rihanna.

The source told Access Hollywood that Chris Brown allegedly hit Rihanna with his fists and bit her during the alleged incident, which took place around 12:30 a.m. on Sunday.
Brown, 19, was arrested on Sunday and charged with felony criminal threats. He was released on $50,000 bail.

Meanwhile, Wrigley announced Monday that it is suspending ad campaigns featuring Brown as its Doublemint gum spokesman. A company statement expresses concern about what it calls “serious allegations made against Chris Brown.”

April78945
02-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Wow. I am way behind on all this. I thought he was gay!

Mini
02-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Wow Im surprised! I didnt picture him doing something like this but then again I guess you never really know somebody especially a music artist :(

LuvBigRip
02-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Rihanna was left with “horrific” injuries after allegedly being assaulted by Chris Brown.

The ‘Umbrella’ singer was left with facial injuries following an argument on Sunday in which her boyfriend reportedly punched her in the face, causing swelling to her forehead and a split lip, as well as biting her on the arm.

According to TMZ, police sources called the injuries "horrific". Rihanna refused treatment at the scene of the accident – which Chris fled from – but police took pictures which have been described as a “devastating proof of abuse”.
A source said: “She looked like a martial arts fighter. Her injuries were bad."

It is now believed it was not Rihanna who called police, but a passer-by who heard shouting coming from 19-year-old Chris’ car.

The altercation happened after the pair were seen arguing at a pre-Grammy awards party in California on Saturday.

A source said: “Inside the party they were very lovey-dovey, but later on they were arguing.

“Rihanna is now doing a lot of soul searching over whether their relationship can last. Only time will tell.”

The couple were also seen having a “scary” fight on Friday.

A witness said: “I saw Chris Brown and Rihanna fighting at the Verizon party at Boulevard 3 nightclub on Friday night.

"They were in this room and they were just screaming at each other, totally cussing each other out. They were screaming '(expletive) you!' 'No, (expletive) you!' at each other, back and forth. They were right in each other's face. It was scary."

Chris has hired Mark Geragos, who defended convicted murderer Scott Peterson and later Michael Jackson during his child molestation trial.

He is due to appear in court on March 5 to answer charges of making criminal threats and police said he remained under investigation for charges of domestic violence after being released on $50,000 bail on Sunday.

As a result of his alleged actions, the ‘Run It’ singer has seen his adverts for Wrigley’s chewing gum suspended.

A company spokesperson said: "We believe Mr. Brown should be afforded the same due process as any citizen.

"However, we have made the decision to suspend the current advertising featuring Brown and any related marketing communications until the matter is resolved.”

He has also pulled out of his commitments with the NBA All-Stars basketball team.

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/articles/2009/02/10/20090210rihanna2.html

LuvBigRip
02-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Prosecutors said Tuesday they want more evidence from police before determining whether to press charges against Chris Brown, but the details surrounding the case continue to grow more and more damning for the 19-year-old singer.

Earlier reports claim that pop singer Rihanna, the 20-year-old girlfriend and alleged victim of Brown’s alleged attack, suffered “horrific” injuries including bite marks, major contusions on her face, a split lip and a bloody nose.

But a new report from E! news is far more chilling, with Rihanna allegedly telling police that Brown choked her while threatening to kill her before she lost consciousness.

Brown was arrested Sunday night after surrendering to police, who sought the 19-year-old singer when a woman claimed she had been attacked by Brown during a fight.

According to E!, the couple began quarrelling after leaving Clive Davis’ pre-Grammy party late Satuday night. According to TMZ, the fight began when Brown received a text message from another woman.

When the fight escalated, Brown allegedly pulled over to the side of the road in L.A. Rihanna then reportedly grabbed the keys and tossed them out of the window.

Brown tried to find the keys, according to the report, but became enraged when he couldn’t. He returned to the car and then allegedly put his hands around her neck screaming “I’m going to kill you!”

Rihanna reportedly told police that she lost consciousness temporarily, and when she awoke, Brown was gone.

There have been conflicting reports as to who placed the 911 call, attributing it to Rihanna and an unnamed passerby.

According to several news sources, police took photos of Rihanna’s injuries at the scene, which would likely be used as evidence in a case against Brown.

Brown was booked Sunday on suspicion of making a criminal threat, a felony. Police have said that prosecutors would determine what charges, if any, were warranted.

The district attorney's kicking the case back to police could signal that prosecutors are seeking to build stronger charges against Brown; or it could mean the current evidence is too flimsy or has holes that would drop it to a misdemeanor or make it go away altogether, Loyola University law professor Stan Goldman said.

Brown remains free on $50,000 bail.

The allegations have at least momentarily tarnished Brown's squeaky-clean image. Chewing gum maker Wrigley has suspended ad campaigns featuring the singer.

WAKS-FM, a Cleveland-area radio station has stopped playing Brown's music until the allegations are resolved after outraged listeners called to criticize the singer. Stations in Pittsburgh and Indianapolis also reportedly pulled Brown's music.

Brown has withdrawn from public appearances in Phoenix scheduled for this weekend before the NBA All-Star game. Rihanna on Tuesday postponed a planned concert in Malaysia.

Brown and Rihanna, whose real name is Robyn Rihanna Fenty, skipped planned performances at Sunday's Grammy Awards, leaving fellow recording artists to try to make sense of the allegations.

Kanye West, who toured with Rihanna, said on Ryan Seacrest's morning radio show Tuesday morning that the reports of abuse were "devastating."

"I feel like, just as a person, I don't care how famous she is or even if she just worked at McDonald's, that should never happen," West said on the show, which is broadcast on KIIS-FM in Los Angeles. "It should never come to that place."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,491004,00.html

OT: I hate Kanye....just worked at McDonalds??? as if that is somehow less......

freeby4me
02-11-2009, 02:09 PM
I really hope for her sake this is enough of a wake-up call and that she leaves for good. Famous or not, money or not, sometimes "love" is blind to all. I hope thats not the case for her.
I dont want to read next that he murdered her in some kind of a jealous rage or something, she is so amazing and talented.

sunflowers
02-11-2009, 03:33 PM
It was reported today he was at a party w/ Rihanna but she caught him w/ Leonna Lewis. and thats what all the fighting was about.

justme23
02-11-2009, 07:33 PM
OT: I hate Kanye....just worked at McDonalds??? as if that is somehow less......

Jeez... I was beginning to think I was the only one. Seriously, I feel physically ill just looking at him... it's worse when he opens his mouth.

That said... I do hope who ever did it is held responsible... I hope and pray she heals soon and can break from whoever did it (and I say it that way because on The View there was apparently some speculation about whether it was actually Chris or another girl that was reportedly in the car?).

sunflowers
02-12-2009, 09:48 AM
A text message sent to Chris Brown from another woman may have ignited the explosive argument between the "Run It" singer and girlfriend Rihanna, according to TMZ.

A law-enforcement source who spoke with TMZ said the message asked Brown about "hooking up later." There were no further details, however, regarding the text or the identity of the person who sent the message. TMZ is also citing an alleged reference in the police report to an argument over a rapper, but that has yet to be confirmed.

Neither party has spoken publicly since reports surfaced about an alleged domestic-violence incident on Saturday. Brown turned himself in to police and was later released after posting $50,000 bail. The singer was charged with making criminal threats, and police are still investigating the matter before turning it over to the district attorney's office.

Rihanna's injuries aren't fully known yet. The Def Jam artist was taken to a hospital, and reports have varied regarding the extent of what happened to her — from large contusions on her face to a bloody nose. Her grandmother told a newspaper in the singer's native Barbados that Rihanna is "fine."

According to E!, though, Rihanna reportedly told police Brown choked her and left her unconscious following their altercation, where she allegedly threw the keys of Brown's rented car out the window, sending him into "a rage." Police then drove Rihanna to the hospital immediately rather than waiting for an ambulance after noticing her eye was black and swollen. E! is also reporting that Rihanna told police that Brown threatened to kill her.

Both artists backed out of their scheduled Grammy appearance on Sunday night and have canceled a number of upcoming appearances, including a concert overseas for Rihanna and a number of events Brown was set to appear at during NBA All-Star Weekend.

Brown's Doublemint gum endorsement deal has been suspended, and a number of his songs and past TV appearances have also been removed from airing on radio and TV.

mabby89
02-20-2009, 07:11 AM
Takes a "big man" to do this, doesn't it?

http://img.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/a1072__oPt.jpg

LuvBigRip
02-20-2009, 07:16 AM
Yellow rat *******.

LuvBigRip
02-20-2009, 07:31 AM
CNN) -- Los Angeles police have launched an internal investigation to determine who leaked a picture that appears to show a bruised and battered Rihanna.

Rihanna was allegedly attacked by her boyfriend, singer Chris Brown, before the Grammys on February 8.

The close-up photo -- showing a woman with contusions on her forehead and below her eyes, and cuts on her lip -- was published Thursday on the entertainment Web site TMZ.

TMZ said it was a photo of the R&B singer Rihanna.

Rihanna, 21, was allegedly attacked by her boyfriend, singer Chris Brown, on a Los Angeles street before the two were to perform at the Grammys on February 8.

"The unauthorized release of a domestic violence photograph immediately generated an internal investigation," a Los Angeles police spokesman said in a statement. "The Los Angeles Police Department takes seriously its duty to maintain the confidentiality of victims of domestic violence. A violation of this type is considered serious misconduct, with penalties up to and including termination."

The chief investigator in the case had told CNN earlier that authorities had tried to guard against leaks. Detective Deshon Andrews said he had kept the case file closely guarded and that no copies had been made of the original photos and documents.

Brown was arrested on February 8 in connection with the case and and booked on suspicion of making criminal threats.

Authorities are trying to determine whether Brown should face domestic violence-related charges.

Brown apologized for the incident this week.

"Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired," the 19-year-old said in a statement released by his spokesman. "I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones and I am committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/02/20/rihanna.photo/index.html

pepperpot
02-20-2009, 07:34 AM
"Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired," the 19-year-old said in a statement released by his spokesman. "I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones and I am committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person.

How about a trip to the jail cell and a shrink......:rolleyes:

LuvBigRip
03-05-2009, 12:56 PM
LOS ANGELES (AFP) – R&B singer Chris Brown has been charged with assault following an alleged attack on his pop-star girlfriend Rihanna in Los Angeles last month, prosecutors said Thursday.

Brown, 19, is to appear in court later Thursday for arraignment on the charges which came after he allegedly subjected Barbados-born "Umbrella" singer Rihanna to a beating in the early hours of February 8.

The incident shocked the music world and left Rihanna nursing cuts and bruises to her face, forcing her to cancel a scheduled performance at the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles later that day.

Brown is charged with felony counts of assault and making criminal threats, a statement from the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office said.

Speculation had mounted over whether Brown would face charges over the incident after he and Rihanna reportedly reconciled over the weekend.

Brown had issued an apology for the incident on February 15, saying he was "sorry and saddened" by the events and that he was seeking the counselling of his pastor, family and friends.

"Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired," Brown said in the statement.

"I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones and I am committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person."

Although the Los Angeles Police Department has steadfastly refused to divulge specifics in the case, several details of Brown's alleged attack have leaked into the media in the weeks since.

Fox 11 News in Los Angeles reported it had obtained a copy of a detectives' affidavit that described in graphic detail how Brown had attacked his girlfriend as they drove home from a party in Brown's rented Lamborghini.

The affidavit said the attack was triggered after Rihanna had read out a text message from an unidentified woman found on Brown's phone.

The singer is reported to have slammed Rihanna's head against the window of the car before repeatedly punching and biting her.

When Rihanna called her assistant to alert police, Brown raged: "You did the stupidest thing ever. I'm going to kill you" before putting the singer in a headlock so severe she nearly lost consciousness, according to the report.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090305/en_afp/entertainmentusmusicbrownrihanna

gmyers
03-05-2009, 02:40 PM
They said the other night that she's getting back together with him.

freeby4me
03-05-2009, 02:57 PM
They said the other night that she's getting back together with him.

I really wished that she would not go back with him. I understand that even though she is "in the spotlight" that it is her life and she does deserve some privacy but still, she is a role model for young girls. I wished she would show those girls that its NOT OK for a man to do this, and that yes, it is hard but the best thing to do is stand up for yourself and move on. Show that man that you are worth more than that.

I do wish her the absolute best. I dont want to be reading her obituary next though.

jones10021
03-06-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm so confused. Are they back together? I see she placed a restraining order on him.

LuvBigRip
03-06-2009, 01:17 PM
I heard she asked the judge not to, but he did anyways

skyrider
03-06-2009, 03:42 PM
no restraining order just ordered not to cause harm to anyone, the prosecuter was the one that said no order was being requested as per victim

LuvBigRip
03-11-2009, 12:47 PM
NEW YORK – There won't be any awkward Chris Brown moment at the Kids' Choice Awards — the embattled pop star has withdrawn his name from the ballot. Brown had been nominated for favorite male singer and favorite song for "Kiss Kiss" at the March 28 awards show on Nickelodeon. The nominations came shortly before his arrest for allegedly attacking girlfriend and fellow pop star Rihanna.

A petition had been circulated to take his name off the ballot, but Nickelodeon said on Tuesday he would remain on it. But with the backlash against him still strong, on Wednesday, Brown decided to take his name out of consideration.

"Chris very much appreciates the support of his fans and the honor they have paid him in the way of nominations for Favorite Male Singer and Favorite Song," read the statement.

"Unfortunately, the controversy surrounding the incident last month has shifted the focus from the music to whether he should be allowed to be among those nominated. While Chris would like to speak to his fans directly about this and other issues, pending legal proceedings preclude his doing so at this time. Once the matter before him has been resolved, he intends to do so."

On Wednesday, the network said in a statement that it agrees with and respects his decision to bow out.

Brown was charged with two felonies last week for allegedly attacking Rihanna on Feb. 8, hours before both stars were to appear at the Grammys. Both stars bowed out and he was arrested later that evening.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090311/ap_on_en_mu/music_brown_rihanna

dv8grl
03-11-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Nickelodeon dropped him.

LuvBigRip
03-12-2009, 06:57 AM
I'm so glad to hear that Nickelodeon dropped him.

They didn't. He withdrew. Nickelodeon was keeping him.

dv8grl
03-12-2009, 01:17 PM
They didn't. He withdrew. Nickelodeon was keeping him.

Well thats a shame. Although the backlash they recieved, I can't help but think if he didn't withdraw, they would've dropped him.

Hopefully he'll serve the max 4 yrs in prison.

I saw a commercial for Oprah's Live show today, is supposed to be all about Chris Brown & domestic abuse.

LuvBigRip
03-12-2009, 01:51 PM
They said they were not going to drop him.

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/people/1469299,w-chris-brown-kids-choice-awards-031009.article

NEW YORK — Nickelodeon says it has no plans to remove Chris Brown as a nominee for its annual Kids’ Choice Awards, despite the singer’s felony charges for allegedly beating up his girlfriend Rihanna.

Brown is nominated for favorite male singer and favorite song for “Kiss Kiss.” He’ll be competing in the latter category with Rihanna, who police say was allegedly punched, bitten and choked by Brown last month.

SHELBYDOG
07-20-2009, 05:15 PM
Singer Chris Brown says ashamed of Rihanna attack

1 hr 52 mins ago
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – R&B singer Chris Brown issued his first full public apology on Monday for assaulting his then girlfriend Rihanna, describing his loss of control as "unacceptable, 100 percent" and asking for forgiveness from his fans.

Brown, 20, said in a two-minute video statement that he had wanted to speak out earlier but had been advised against it by his lawyers.

The singer of hits "Run It" and "Kiss Kiss" pleaded guilty last month to punching Rihanna in Los Angeles on the eve of the Grammy Awards in February. He is expected to be sentenced to five years' probation in August.

"I have told Rihanna countless times and I am telling you today that I am truly, truly sorry that I wasn't able to handle the situation differently and better," Brown said in the video statement, made available to celebrity website TMZ.com.

Brown's attack on Rihanna, 21, left the "Umbrella" singer's face bloodied and bruised. The viciousness of the assault stunned both his fans and the music industry, where he had previously been seen as a role model, and it prompted heated debates on domestic violence involving young men and women.

Brown said he had done a lot of soul-searching since the incident, knew he had let down his fans, and was seeking help to ensure that he never repeated such behavior.

"I am very sad and very ashamed of what I've done," he said "As many of you know, I grew up in a home where there was domestic violence and I saw personally what uncontrolled rage could do.

"What I did was unacceptable, 100 percent ... I hope that others learn from my mistakes. I intend to live my life so that I am truly worthy of the term 'role model'," he added.

A week after the incident, Brown issued a statement saying he was sorry and saddened over "what transpired" but did not acknowledge having beaten Rihanna, whom he had been dating for about a year. They split up after the fight.

Brown is due to be formally sentenced on August 5 after reaching a plea deal with prosecutors in June that avoided a trial and a possible four-year prison sentence.

(Reporting by Jill Serjeant, Editing by Sandra Maler)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090720/en_nm/us_brown

SHELBYDOG
09-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Police: Chris Brown's service includes manual work

Wed Sep 2, 8:00 pm ET
RICHMOND, Va. – Police in Virginia say singer Chris Brown will remove graffiti, pick up trash and wash cars as part of his sentence for beating ex-girlfriend Rihanna.

The 20-year-old Brown was sentenced in California last month to five years' probation, six months of community labor and a year of domestic violence counseling for the February attack. He is performing the labor in Richmond near his home.

In a letter to the judge, Richmond Police Chief Bryan Norwood outlined some of Brown's tasks. They include graffiti removal, trash pickup, washing cars, cleaning and maintaining grounds.

Norwood said Brown will be supervised during his service, but Brown would have to pay for any additional security if the public becomes aware of his presence.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090903/ap_en_ot/us_people_chris_brown