PDA

View Full Version : Back to my Youth.....NOT......!!!!!!!

lovefree
02-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Okay...i will be 38 in July....I never had skin problems as a child or a teen...so why on earth is it that in my old age i get acne (zits, pimples, skin outbreaks) etc....thought all that was pose to happen yesteryear....
i hurt myself more now than when i was a child..
i scratch my arm or leg on something and then u have a scalb or a sore...
im like whoaaaa already...whats going on...
i wanna be too old for a period bump....
i wanna quit bumping into things and being bruised afterwards....
i guess im bound to be the old lady who falls and breaks her hip... cause i sure have gotten clumsy as ive gotten older...
i wont even mention how thin my hair has gotten....
and through it all...i wouldnt wanna be anyone else..so, i was jus venting again:gaah...

Mini
02-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Sounds like payback lol No seriously..Im sorry these things are happening to you!

BTW is that you in your display pic? If so your beautiful!

lovefree
02-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Yes maam...thats me....and im lmao at getting my payback...awwww geeee

buttrfli
02-08-2009, 07:01 PM
I had flawless skin as a teen. My friends HATED me for it lol

Now I am being paid back for it by getting acne and it SUCKS!

My dr gave me some NuOx and it works wonders!

ilovecats
02-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Same here,I had flawless skin as a teen.Now I get a big zit every month right on schedule.My hair is horrible now too.Maybe it is payback time.

ElleGee
02-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Flawless as a teen too.. I don't know what the eff happened but I blame my mother and the Irish heritage from my grandfather... My grandmother was full swede. Perfect skin. The most perfect skin I have ever seen..

Damn genetics *kicks DNA

lucimPI
02-08-2009, 08:34 PM
I would be concerned about the bumping and bruising. Do you think that maybe your body is lacking in some sort of vitamin or something. Have you checked with a doctor or dermatologist? I am not trying to worry you.

Jenefer3
02-08-2009, 08:35 PM
My dr. told me that a lot of people who don't have acne as a teen will end up getting it when they get older...not sure why. I had acne as a teen and thankfully it hasn't been an issue since then. I have a friend who is always complaining that she's got it on her back, her butt, her shoulders, her chest, her face, etc. and she didn't have it at all when she was a teen.
I have noticed that as I age, bumps and bruises seem to hurt for longer than they use to. I haven't noticed any thinning hair yet, my hair is so thick I can't wait until it starts thinning lol.

chib44
02-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Iam 64 and still have great skin its just the rest of me thats falling apart

DAVESBABYDOLL
02-09-2009, 02:22 AM
I know what you mean. Seems a scratch will now leave a scar, a bruising hurts more and takes longer to go away. I will get a pimple around my moon time (period) but no other time.

April78945
02-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Aww that sucks! I never had a zit in my life thank god until I was 19. I was working at Chadwicks and they wanted me to be one of the models and the day I went in to do it I got a huge zit right betwen my eyes!

whatever
02-10-2009, 08:29 AM
I'm with the rest of you. Flawless skin etc as a teen. I don't recall having ONE zit. Then in my late 20's I got psorasis. Its a mild case. However I hate it. I don't understand it because no one else in my family has it.
And because of a car accident as a teen I have all sorts of pain problems that I am paying for it now. No one tells you if you when you a teen and schit happens it catches up to you later. At least no one told me.

msmom79
02-10-2009, 08:44 PM
I'm another one who had flawless skin when i was younger,but now that i'm older i get the pimples too-strange how sometimes things work backwards-good luck to you,hope you find something that works for you-i put virgin coconut oil on my face,just a dab,rub it in good,seems to help me alot.