PDA

View Full Version : How many of you...

ElleGee
02-03-2009, 04:43 PM
instead of whine about something the government has done how many of you have ever written to a Congressman or Senator?.. I see a lot of people crying about the government this and the government that but never do a damned thing to try and make a difference..

Since Sept I have sent off 6 emails/letters to Jack Reed , The Mayor of Providence, Patrick Kennedy (who I see once in a while next door) and to our neighborhood rep. (who lives next door but lost the election in 06)

I have received responses to all but 2 and that's only b/c Kennedy was next door and I just wrote the one to the Mayor last week about local trash collection and how horrid a job they do)

whatever
02-03-2009, 04:44 PM
I have wrote and CAlled. It doesn't get anywhere here. But my vent is with other states congress. Mine usually vote along the lines I believe. NOT always, but mostly. NOW our governor is an idiot.

ElleGee
02-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Holy crap woman.. wait until I have the poll up LOL

dinosmom
02-03-2009, 04:59 PM
I have written letters and emails to just about everyone who represents me. Most of the time I get some sort of reply back. My alderman actually keeps me in the loop with a lot of matters because he knows I will be on him like white on rice! LOL

ElleGee
02-03-2009, 05:04 PM
I have written letters and emails to just about everyone who represents me. Most of the time I get some sort of reply back. My alderman actually keeps me in the loop with a lot of matters because he knows I will be on him like white on rice! LOL

My next door neighbor was councilman for the first few months we lived here.. he lost the election in 06.. Found out he and I are both Giants fans :) And he is father to my future dil hehe

Anyway he helped me get Tyler into the neighborhood school because he was going to be bussed half way across the city. All he did was make 2 phone calls and it was done. I was impressed!!

ahippiechic
02-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Wrote, called, faxed, emailed and spoke to in person, lol!

cpbaby
02-03-2009, 05:33 PM
I didnt vote, but I have never written, but I have called and visited........and waylaid at the county fair one time. Now THAT one got some results, hehehehehe.

speedygirl
02-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Yep, I have and have heard back from the majority of them. I can't be apathetic. I've got to earn my right to b!tch. ;)

meltodd69
02-03-2009, 06:07 PM
I have written and emailed, called and talked to in person. After all, they work for me lol. They don't usually do anything, but they will listen!

Jenefer3
02-03-2009, 06:39 PM
I've written to the mayor once, he's a moron so I got nowhere with him. My daughter's grandpa is city councilman, so I have both of his cell phone numbers, his home number, his address, and private email so I can get ahold of him with any issue (of course the issue of him pulling his head out of his ass and spending time with my daughter seems to be the only issue he can't/won't resolve).

tsquared
02-03-2009, 06:56 PM
My feeling is if you don't vote...........you don't have the right to complain in any way to anyone about the way any entity with elected officials is being run.

LuvBigRip
02-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Absolutely I have, although the choice i would pick is not there. Yes, but with mixed results. If you are writing in support or against whatever that particular politician is for or against you get a positive response, if you are writing to them to change their mind you get the form letter back that tells you why they could care less what you think, this is how they are voting.

When i was a kid, my parents garage was a polling station. My parents canvassed the neighborhood for their particular candidates. I have voted in every election and primary since I was 18. I have worked on campaigns from the local to the national level.

atprm
02-03-2009, 09:30 PM
I like to "think" they listen, but seriously do not believe they care...afterall, the only time they need to "worry" is when it's time for them to get a renewed contract.

But I've written and called and nothing is the typical response that I get.

speedygirl
02-03-2009, 09:33 PM
I like to "think" they listen, but seriously do not believe they care...afterall, the only time they need to "worry" is when it's time for them to get a renewed contract.

But I've written and called and nothing is the typical response that I get.

That's probably true but at least you care enough to try to do something. :)

lucimPI
02-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Oh,OH, time to go. Impeached Gov. of Illinois is going to be on Letterman's show. That ought to be good for a few laughs. ~shaking head~

speedygirl
02-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Oh,OH, time to go. Impeached Gov. of Illinois is going to be on Letterman's show. That ought to be good for a few laughs. ~shaking head~

I'm watching Letterman now and just posted this on one of the Blagojevich threads. It'll be interesting to see how it goes. Dave's already joking on his hair, etc...in the monologue. hehe