PDA

View Full Version : I want to run away from home

ElleGee
02-03-2009, 10:20 AM
No really...

My 11 year old has been sick for 3 days and has been home from school.. My 17 yr old thinks that this is prime 'eff with mom' time.

Yesterday, he didn't go to school b/c his alarm didn't go off (riiiiiight) OK fine.

He was on the pc all day yesterday and I told him he needs to do his laundry and take out the trash.. The kid decides he is going to do his laundry and the trash at 10pm. Whatever.. By this time I am ticked but I myself am catching what the 11 yr old has so I had no energy to get mad with.

Today, I find that the 17 year old did not get himself up for school and he said he tried waking me up to give him a ride because he was late..

Now I know this is BS.. Why? Because I got 2 hours sleep last night b/c I felt like crap and the 11 year old was coughing all night and I cannot sleep while he feels like crap. I was half awake at 6 am, 7am, 8am.. Aaaand my bedroom door was open b/c I need to hear the 11 year old coughing. And I left the tv on so I know how long I was half awake b/c of what was on tv.

I flipped out.. I slammed his door open, and he is sitting on his pc.. I yanked his network card out the back of his pc and started screaming at him to get himself dressed b/c I am dropping his A off at school..

He is not getting the network card back until my list of demands is met.. In other words he is going to work for it.. There is no law saying I have to provide him with internet.. He is taking advantage of the fact that I feel like crap and I am not having it..

Right now I am making a list of stuff I want done around here. Too bad I don't live on a farm *sigh

Plus it's snowing (again) and I am so done with winter..

The 11 year old won't stop asking for stuff he knows I will not give him. Like my cereal, there are 8 boxes of cereal in the cupboard but who's does he want? Mine.
I know he is sick but he gets soooo annoying with the 'can I have this' or 'can I have that' stuff.. In the time it took me to type this out he has asked me for 4 things.. ARGH!

And right now I don't even want to talk to the dh because if I do he will say something really stupid and p1ss me off. He has a knack of doing crap like that when I have a bad day.. Heh bad day.. It's only noon *shoot me*

He just asked for a 5th thing.. OMG

I think I'll go take a 'mood adjuster' because all I am doing is getting more p1ssed off by the second.....

freeplease
02-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Remember the good old days, when cough syrup actually made kids sleepy? lol

galeane29
02-03-2009, 10:34 AM
I've got 2 kids home sick, well one is being home schooled now, he is 7 and my oldest who is 16 has a doc appt in the morning. I actually enjoy taking care of my babies when they are sick. I miss them being little and having to depend on me to comfort them.

Eyore
02-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Hope everyone starts feeling better. We just went through a virus here that my daughter and granddaughter had. Fever for about 1.5 days and coughing.
Try giving a some honey to the ones that are coughing that is suppose to help. To bad I forgot about that when my granddaughter was coughing.

ElleGee
02-03-2009, 10:47 AM
I forgot about the honey.. I'll give him that.

I do miss the cough syrup that makes you sleepy.. I'd be downing some right now lol

WtPlover
02-03-2009, 10:59 AM
make cinnimon toast it is a natural antibiotic

April78945
02-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Aw damn..I hope it gets better for you. But..just incase you do decide to run away I"m going to pm you my address so you can pick me up too. :)

BeanieLuvR
02-03-2009, 11:58 AM
I hope things get better soon. :hug

Anniston
02-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Hugs to you. I know all about the asking. But my nine year old has taken it to another level. He acts like he lives in a poor 'ol family because he can't have a PSP, XBox, cat, digital cable in his room, play outside when it is cold, eat like this is a freakin' Bed and Breakfast, and get a new scooter....Oh, and they are learning how to play recorders in music...So I am ready to run away too!!

Shann
02-03-2009, 05:27 PM
:hug the walmart brand grape flavor for kids cold syrup makes me sleepy ;) and it tastes good too LOL that's the only thing I can stand to use, the other stuff makes me sick, might want to give that a try :D

peaceluver
02-04-2009, 08:14 AM
((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) I hope things get better soon.

tljohn123
02-04-2009, 08:47 AM
just remember......acapulco here we come!

ahippiechic
02-04-2009, 08:49 AM
All you people who are running away can come to my house. I'm so bored. It's supposed to be 81* today!

tljohn123
02-04-2009, 08:56 AM
ok party at hippie's house!!!!! Any nekkid gorgeous men gonna be there? Who's bringing the booze?

ahippiechic
02-04-2009, 09:31 AM
The booze I got, the nekkid men, not since DH is at work. But I am sure we can find some.

ElleGee
02-04-2009, 09:33 AM
I'm on my way! lol

krisharry
02-04-2009, 09:37 AM
OK, I want in on this BBS Runaway Mom's Club for sure, woke up to a dusting of snow, of course school was cancelled. ARGh! I am sure I can find some hot nekkid men along the way!

ElleGee
02-04-2009, 09:40 AM
The kid is still sick. This is his last day home because he cannot miss an entire week of school.. I am sicker than I was yesterday but I'll live I guess. *shrug

krisharry
02-04-2009, 09:44 AM
The kid is still sick. This is his last day home because he cannot miss an entire week of school.. I am sicker than I was yesterday but I'll live I guess. *shrug

Hope he feels better soon. Seems like my 3 have been sick since Halloween this year. I have to send my oldest to school sick or they will be on my case.

candygirl
02-04-2009, 09:52 AM
I forgot about the honey.. I'll give him that.

I do miss the cough syrup that makes you sleepy.. I'd be downing some right now lol

Honey & lemon juice is also good .

Hope all get well soon :grouphug , it can only get better :)