PDA

View Full Version : This guy should not be allowed kids or dogs

LuvBigRip
02-03-2009, 10:02 AM
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Wash. -- Two dogs were attempting to maul a 4-year-old girl while her father slept on the couch inside, said Detective Ed Troyer of the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department.

The girl was playing in her University Place back yard Saturday when the family's two dogs knocked the girl down and attempted to maul her, Troyer said.

Neighbor Anthony Stone saw the attack and he and his father rushed to the girl.

“The only time she stood up was when the dogs went after us, but when she stood up the dogs went after her again,” Stone said.

Stone said when the dogs came after him, they saw their chance to save the girl.

“The dogs started attacking us, then we ran to the girl. I grabbed her and we just ran out and we took the girl to the neighbor's," Stone said.

The 4-year-old was taken to Mary Bridge Children's Hospital in Tacoma and treated for minor injuries inflicted by the dogs, Troyer said.

Pierce County sheriff's deputies said the father, who owns the dogs, had to be awakened by a deputy as he continued sleeping on the family couch.

The girl and her brother were placed in protective custody and have since been placed with relatives, Troyer said.

The father may face charges for leaving his two children unattended with potentially dangerous dogs.

“Well, there are all kinds of charges that are possible, that will up to the prosecutor. He could be looking at reckless endangerment, putting kids in harm’s way, there's a whole bunch of different charges,” said Troyer.

KIRO 7 has also learned that their father is a registered sex offender and was convicted of animal cruelty three years ago.

The dogs have been crated. It's not clear if they'll be euthanized.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/18625310/detail.html

YankeeMary
02-03-2009, 10:09 AM
unreal society needs to step up and fight for these children he is a registered sex offender yet allowed around his own kids? Sick sick sick

dangerousfem
02-03-2009, 10:09 AM
omg

Jenefer3
02-03-2009, 10:11 AM
I didn't think registered sex offenders could be around kids, especially little ones? Hopefully the relatives that they were placed with will care more about them than their father did.

meltodd69
02-03-2009, 10:16 AM
omg

:getyou I agree!