PDA

View Full Version : A vent in the morning

peaceluver
02-03-2009, 05:52 AM
I just need to get this out. We had a big ice storm and my friend and her 5 kids have been staying with us for a week. So basically we went from a house of 4 to a house of 10. These kids are the worst brats ever. I have never seen kids that you talk to and they just look at you. Ask a question and nothing, not an answer, not an I heard you, nothing. So this morning we have school, the mom is a bus driver and gone, and the kids wont eat, wont get their stuff, wont put shoes on. I finally just put one kids coat on him and pushed him out the door after he stood there and poured milk all over himself and my floor cause he didnt want it. I have a friend going to their house today to put there electric box back on their house and hope that they get to go home today. I may never complain about my kids again after this.

I do want to say that I would help this family again if they needed it. Its just been one looonnnnngggggg week.

freeby4me
02-03-2009, 06:06 AM
Oh wow, you really are a good friend!

gmyers
02-03-2009, 06:29 AM
I hate it when kids do that. Ticks me off to no end. Hope you get your house back.

Anniston
02-03-2009, 06:31 AM
Kids that act like that are so frustrating. I can just imagine that you are ready for this to end. Hope it does today.

YankeeMary
02-03-2009, 09:31 AM
hugs I imagine it hasn't been easy

ElleGee
02-03-2009, 09:52 AM
You're a better woman than me... I would have flipped the eff out by now

freeplease
02-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Unless I owed your friend a kidney or she had inciminating photos of me, that family would be out the door toot sweet. How about sending the little darlings off to school when mom leaves for work?

You're more patient than me. Does mom say anything when the kids act up?

BeanieLuvR
02-03-2009, 11:51 AM
I hope the mother appreciates what a good friend that she has in you. :) You are very kind hearted. I would have lost it by now. I hope that they get to go home today. Hugs.

fleabones3
02-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Friends kids or not, if they are in MY house, they would be listening to me, and the little turd that dumped milk on my floor would have been cleaning it up.

You are a very good friend

Mary Jo
02-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Wow, that was really sweet of you to take them in.
I've been without electricity for over a week before and it's rough.
The poor kids were probably just feeling confused and abandoned.
Sorry this happened to you. I'm sure it was rough on everybody.
Hugs to you.

peaceluver
02-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Hey guys thanks for letting me vent. Yesterday when the mom came home I learned they were going to be here a little longer. They are number 200 on the list for families getting there lines hooked back up. They worked out a deal where I do not have to be involved in the morning.

atprm
02-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Hey guys thanks for letting me vent. Yesterday when the mom came home I learned they were going to be here a little longer. They are number 200 on the list for families getting there lines hooked back up. They worked out a deal where I do not have to be involved in the morning.

um "a little while longer"?

how about a hotel room ... or get ahold of Red Cross -- since Red Cross will pay for a hotel for them.

if they are in my house, they play by MY rules -- and it's not your job to watch them, it's the mother's job to watch her children...

bus driver?? she could take her kids with her (or however it worked when she had her own house).

How did it work when she lived in her own house? Did the kids get themselves ready for school?

Anniston
02-04-2009, 08:23 AM

200 probably will only keep them there a week or less, right? Hope it goes by fast. As frustrating as it is, at least you know that she (should) be there for you if you are ever displaced. Good Luck. You are a kind, giving person.

tunisia
02-04-2009, 10:35 AM
makes you want to hug your kids and tell them that you're glad that they don't act like that. lol

Mary Jo
02-04-2009, 06:17 PM
God bless you, you sure have one big heart.
Believe me, it's as hard on them as it is on you.

meltodd69
02-04-2009, 08:06 PM
It might have been OK for one night. That would have been my limit lol. I wouldn't have taken that crap from my child let alone someone elses.

fleabones3
02-04-2009, 09:21 PM
I have a rule when people come to my house, especially with their kids, and especially if its longer than 3 hours. MY house MY rules. Simple as that. Those kids would go by the same rules as mine, and be thankful they are staying somewhere there is electricity , warm food, warm water and TV

msmom79
02-04-2009, 11:35 PM
I have a rule when people come to my house, especially with their kids, and especially if its longer than 3 hours. MY house MY rules. Simple as that. Those kids would go by the same rules as mine, and be thankful they are staying somewhere there is electricity , warm food, warm water and TV

ita-my house my rules-or out the door you "all" go!!! bless you for putting your friend and her kids up.

peaceluver
02-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Big Update They Got Power Last Night And Are Going Home Tonight. I Am So Happy.

BeanieLuvR
02-05-2009, 01:53 PM
WooHoo!! That is great news! :)

CLARKS4
02-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Big Update They Got Power Last Night And Are Going Home Tonight. I Am So Happy.

doing happy dance for you:dancing: :dancing:

msmom79
02-05-2009, 05:27 PM
i am so happy for you-bet your glad things will get back to normal!!! bless you for being such a wonderful,caring friend