PDA

View Full Version : Things are not always as they seem, so it appears...

atprm
01-31-2009, 08:01 PM
last Saturday, while we were enroute to the Auto Show at Cobo Hall in Detroit (I always take back roads -- never the expressway, especially with our speed limit of 70 MPH and icy roads -- ppl can't drive)

anyway, we come up on a stop light in the "not-so-nice-section" of Detroit... and a restaurant building canopy says "OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK"

but inside the front door there is a sign that says "CLOSED ON SUNDAY"....

:rolling if that wasn't funny enough ... all the lights were off and there were no cars there on a SATURDAY...

So I wonder how many days are in their week?

:rolling

FAST FORWARD to just now.

CPBaby posted a "free mystery box for shipping only" on the big deals board...obviously I missed the deal, but on their page there is a link to their SISTER SITE.... and it says "ONE SALE A WEEK"

ok, lemme check that out...

look what I found.... :rolling

http://1saleaweek.com/c-1-this-weeks-sale.aspx

doesn't look like 1 sale to me... does it look like 1 sale to you??

missteena
01-31-2009, 08:26 PM
anyway, we come up on a stop light in the "not-so-nice-section" of Detroit...

Hmmm...could you be a little more specific?

Renrut
01-31-2009, 08:44 PM
Looks like 2 sales to me lol.

Renrut
01-31-2009, 08:47 PM
But I'm sure the sale lasts all week and ther's two items in this week. Maybe the canopy for the rest was from the previous tenants?

Anniston
01-31-2009, 09:32 PM
Didn't David Letterman do a "funny signs" thing on his show? I recall being in the Bahammas and seeing a sign that read "Ear piercing...while you wait." Let's hope they wait while the ears are getting pierced!

galeane29
01-31-2009, 10:44 PM

That usually means 'the hood'. And before that starts a big throw down, there are many different kind of people that live in 'the hood'.

atprm
02-01-2009, 05:12 AM
not-so-nice section in this reference is ... mostly businesses, abandoned buildings (not residential) and hookers/pimps/dealers milling around.

Certain sections of Detroit are not like this -- like the core downtown area or Greektown area...

Quaker_Parrots
02-01-2009, 05:23 AM

I qualify "not so nice section" as where ANYONE wouldnt feel safe because of the crime rate and feels inclined to lock their doors. Geesh.