PDA

View Full Version : I need to vent

SurferGirl
01-31-2009, 10:58 AM
I really need to vent over this stimulus plan.
It's so full of pork thanks to Nancy Pelosi.
I personally wish I could throw her in prison for grand theft.
Another thing I'm fuming mad about is that it seems like most of these cabinet appointees seem to have all kinds of problems with paying their own taxes. They cheat on their personal taxes but don't hesitate to make honest tax payers pay for all their special projects.

It seems like they send pork and then get favors for their pork.

I'm also mad as heck over the money that will be going to ACORN, after all this is payback for taking away our rightful election process.

DonnaWV
01-31-2009, 05:29 PM
I have to agree with you on that.

galeane29
01-31-2009, 05:45 PM
I have to agree with you on that.

Ditto!

gmyers
01-31-2009, 06:08 PM
Thats what my husband was saying to me, do any of the polititians file or pay their taxes right. What that guy did was illegal and the only reason he filed again was because they would have found out when they did a check on him and he would have had to explain it. I can't believe him or the other man still got their jobs after what they did.

Mary Jo
01-31-2009, 07:23 PM
Has anybody ever thought that if a brainy guy like Geithner can screw up his taxes that maybe the tax code needs to be written in simple, easy to understand form?

Now the stimulus is something to vent about. The government threw all that money away to rich guys with no controls. I've heard that it equals $30,000/adult in this country. I sure could use some.

ma4angels
02-02-2009, 11:45 PM
It sure isn't the same stimulus package that he was talking about before he was elected. Several things have been left out. Like everyone getting a stimulus check like last time. Tell me how money to promote prevention of STD going to help the economy. People aren't going to change in that area no matter how much prevention you push out there. That was the wonderful thing that Mrs. Nancy put in there. And she is proud of it. There is alot of stuff in there does't seem to me going to help the economy at all. Anyway they are going to do exactly want they want and we can't change it. It is was it is God help us

kelblend
02-03-2009, 01:04 AM
The whole stimulus package makes me sick. Yep, std prevention will create
tons of jobs and stimulate the economy. Yessirreee bobcat tail, it will. uh huh. Didn't vote for him. I know that makes no difference, but felt a need to say it. lol

These people that threw this and that in the package are idiots. Everything they've ever wanted money for they threw in there and called it stimulating. Stimulated their ego I guess. This wasn't the time nor the place for most of it.

ilikefree
02-03-2009, 07:00 AM
There was a letter to the editor in our newspaper the other day. The writer couldn't understand why all this money was going to these big companies who already proved that they can't handle the money. Give them more money and the same thing will happen; it won't trickle down to everyone. He said that the money should go to the poorest people in America. That way they'd go out and buy the stuff they need, therefore, putting more people to work. The money would trickle up and better the economy. I can see where he's coming from.

whatever
02-03-2009, 08:44 AM
There was a letter to the editor in our newspaper the other day. The writer couldn't understand why all this money was going to these big companies who already proved that they can't handle the money. Give them more money and the same thing will happen; it won't trickle down to everyone. He said that the money should go to the poorest people in America. That way they'd go out and buy the stuff they need, therefore, putting more people to work. The money would trickle up and better the economy. I can see where he's coming from.

Well it would have made more sense to give each adult (LEGAL who pays taxes) a set amount say if they make under $250,000-300,000 per year.
Then they could pay on their mortagages, cc's etc. They would go out and buy cars/trucks and spend it on things. Thus getting the economy moving again. Nope they gave it to banks, the big 3 etc who have pretty much lost the money anyway. In theory its like giving money to a gambling addict.If they have it they are going to spend it for themselves. and they have giving themselves bonuses etc........

ilikefree
02-03-2009, 09:34 AM
Well it would have made more sense to give each adult (LEGAL who pays taxes) a set amount say if they make under $250,000-300,000 per year.
Then they could pay on their mortagages, cc's etc. They would go out and buy cars/trucks and spend it on things. Thus getting the economy moving again. Nope they gave it to banks, the big 3 etc who have pretty much lost the money anyway. In theory its like giving money to a gambling addict.If they have it they are going to spend it for themselves. and they have giving themselves bonuses etc........

Yes...exactly!

SurferGirl
02-03-2009, 12:14 PM
I heard on the news yesterday that the obama's threw a party at the white house with 100 dollar a pound steaks.

That jerk loves to spend our money and then turn it around and throw it in our faces. Like rubbing salt in a wound.

As a taxpayer I'm paying for him to throw lavish parties and spend like crazy and I wait to buy meat until it's on sale, like a rump roast for 1.99 a pound then I cook it in the slow cooker and use it in dishes that I used to use hamburger in. Hamburger hasn't gone on sale for a really long time so I only buy it when I'm making hamburgers or meatloaf.

I'm tired of the obama family and his associates ripping off the taxpayer.
My hubby and I decided we will not work any overtime this year because the government gets much of the overtime and why should we bust our butts to give it to a greedy government.

ElleGee
02-03-2009, 12:22 PM
NM there is no reasoning....

SurferGirl
02-03-2009, 01:04 PM
I need to add another thought.
Obama and his cronies want us to lower our thermostats but he keeps the oval office hot. Well if my grandma is right about him I'm sure he is more comfortable in a hot place.

I wonder how he managed all those years he lived in Chicago to get in with the machine.

ElleGee
02-03-2009, 03:56 PM
I need to add another thought.
Obama and his cronies want us to lower our thermostats but he keeps the oval office hot. Well if my grandma is right about him I'm sure he is more comfortable in a hot place.

I wonder how he managed all those years he lived in Chicago to get in with the machine.

How in the hell do you know he keeps the Oval Office hot? Are you our new energy czar?

Seriously all this hate you spew about Obama (and a lot of it is unfounded rhetoric) it isn't a wonder you haven't had a few ulcers or a heart attack every time the news comes on or his name is spoken..

At least the other people who 'spew' things about Obama have actual facts to back them up.. You on the other hand not so much.. :slap

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/icebear713/ObamaBorg.jpg

galeane29
02-03-2009, 03:59 PM
How in the hell do you know he keeps the Oval Office hot? Are you our new energy czar?

Seriously all this hate you spew about Obama (and a lot of it is unfounded rhetoric) it isn't a wonder you haven't had a few ulcers or a heart attack every time the news comes on or his name is spoken..

At least the other people who 'spew' things about Obama have actual facts to back them up.. You on the other hand not so much.. :slap

It's been said all over the news, internet and news papers about the temp issue.

galeane29
02-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Obama on how we need to turn our thermostats down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXIvmJ8xenc

And, seeing as Obama is from Hawaii he needs his thermostat cranked up
It's just too damn cold in that White House

The New York Times reported on Thursday, January 29 that:

“…the capital flew into a bit of a tizzy when, on his first full day in the White House, President Obama was photographed in the Oval Office without his suit jacket. There was, however, a logical explanation: Mr. Obama, who hates the cold, had cranked up the thermostat.

“He’s from Hawaii, O.K.?” said Mr. Obama’s senior adviser, David Axelrod, who occupies the small but strategically located office next door to his boss. “He likes it warm. You could grow orchids in there.”

Could this be the same Barack Obama who said last May that:

“We can’t drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times… and then just expect that other countries are going to say ‘OK.’ … That’s not leadership. That’s not going to happen.”

And could this be the same Barack Obama who is looking to sign a stimulus bill that would spend billions of dollars installing millions of “smart meters” that would enable your power company to prevent you from being as comfortable as he is on hot and cold days?

While our new president is warm-and-toasty in the Oval Office, is he considering the plight of Michigan’s Marvin Schur, a 93-year World War II veteran, who was recently found frozen to death courtesy of a malfunctioning electricity “limiter” device installed by his power company?

Change has come to Washington. Elitism is dead. Long live elitism.

LuvBigRip
02-03-2009, 04:02 PM

His own spokesperson said that he keeps the oval office so warm you could grow orchids in it after he was called out for being photographed in the Oval Office with no coat on. A reporter asked, because it was just after Pres. Obama noted that we, regular Americans cannot keep our thermostats cranked up anymore.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/29/obama-cranks-up-white-hou_n_162127.html

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/01/29/obamas-thermostat-setting-he-likes-it-warm/

ElleGee
02-03-2009, 04:05 PM
It's been said all over the news, internet and news papers about the temp issue.

I just read about it a second ago....

He isn't the only president that has pulled a do as I say not as I do no? Seriously if SurferGirl put as much energy into something positive in as much as she complains about Obama she'd probably be a ceo of some type of company or summat..

Yes I am aware she is allowed to do so and I am allowed to make comments about her whining about it it..

ElleGee
02-03-2009, 04:06 PM
See you guys bring up actual articles and facts.... *thumbs up*

galeane29
02-03-2009, 04:08 PM
I just read about it a second ago....

He isn't the only president that has pulled a do as I say not as I do no? Seriously if SurferGirl put as much energy into something positive in as much as she complains about Obama she'd probably be a ceo of some type of company or summat..

Yes I am aware she is allowed to do so and I am allowed to make comments about her whining about it it..

She's only saying exactly what a lot of us are thinking. She just has the 'ball's' to say it.

ElleGee
02-03-2009, 04:13 PM
I hardly call that 'balls' dear :)

whatever
02-03-2009, 04:33 PM
She's only saying exactly what a lot of us are thinking. She just has the 'ball's' to say it.

I agree!
It also goes back to the if you don't like what a person posts hit the back button.
And as I've stated before I didn't follow politics much until the last election 4 years ago. It just seems to me this the first president I can remember change his position on things before he even gets into office or right after faster than any I can personally remember. Or be tied to alot of "corrupt" or unethical people so quickly in the start of his time in office.........

ElleGee
02-03-2009, 04:35 PM
I agree!
It also goes back to the if you don't like what a person posts hit the back button.
And as I've stated before I didn't follow politics much until the last election 4 years ago. It just seems to me this the first president I can remember change his position on things before he even gets into office or right after faster than any I can personally remember. Or be tied to alot of "corrupt" or unethical people so quickly in the start of his time in office.........

You could've hit the back button as well.. But we all know you have an issue as well pot :)

pepperpot
02-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Well if my grandma is right about him I'm sure he is more comfortable in a hot place.

Well, if he keeps this up....I have no doubt that Karma will catch up with him and he'll eventually wind up in a very hot place.....for eternity....;)
...with his buddy, Pelosi....:evil:

:rolling

whatever
02-03-2009, 04:52 PM
You could've hit the back button as well.. But we all know you have an issue as well pot :)

as do you apparently. I'm not the one b*tching and making a big deal about someone's right to vent. Surfergirl has everyright to feel and post how she feels. Whats the big deal? Just because you were not aware of the temperature at the white house you accused her of making things up in essence, when in fact she did NOT.

whatever
02-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Last edited by ElleGee : Today at 05:35 PM. Reason: *I heart hypocrits I really do LMAO*

TAkes one to know one.

ElleGee
02-03-2009, 04:56 PM
Last edited by ElleGee : Today at 05:35 PM. Reason: *I heart hypocrits I really do LMAO*

TAkes one to know one.

I never said I wasn't a hypocrite :D

ElleGee
02-03-2009, 04:59 PM
as do you apparently. I'm not the one b*tching and making a big deal about someone's right to vent. Surfergirl has everyright to feel and post how she feels. Whats the big deal? Just because you were not aware of the temperature at the white house you accused her of making things up in essence, when in fact she did NOT.

And if you noticed I said she has every right to b1tch as do I about the subject matter that she is b1tching about.. The rest of your paragraph is moot.

whatever
02-03-2009, 05:07 PM
I'm sorry here is one of your UNFOUNDED posts:

At least the other people who 'spew' things about Obama have actual facts to back them up.. You on the other hand not so much..

Who said it was up to you that every time we post something we have to back it up with a link?
Just because someone does NOT post a link doesn't make untrue because you may not agree with it. Yes I could've hit the back button but when you decide to put someone down because you disagree with what they have to say you bet your A@@ I'm going to say something. :)I don't see where that makes me a hypocrite. But I really don't hold stock in your opinion.

whatever
02-03-2009, 05:08 PM
And if you noticed I said she has every right to b1tch as do I about the subject matter that she is b1tching about.. The rest of your paragraph is moot.

Why because you were wrong?

ElleGee
02-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Of course I was wrong.
I never said it was up to me for someone to post a link. I am not the forum police.

However, that doesn't mean that most of the sh1t she spews is either false, bigoted and twisted to suit her "family values" ...

And what part of I can complain about what she is complaining about did you not get pot?

whatever
02-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Of course I was wrong.
I never said it was up to me for someone to post a link. I am not the forum police.

However, that doesn't mean that most of the sh1t she spews is either false, bigoted and twisted to suit her "family values" ...

And what part of I can complain about what she is complaining about did you not get pot?

You can complain about her. That your prog. But I don't see where a "person" feels the need to put someone down to do it. Unless "they" have an issue about "themselves". Kinda reminds me of the wifeswap i just watched last friday night. lol
Like the name calling, you can say "pot" is not calling a name, which is laughable and childish at best. But I guess I don't really see the purpose in calling people names of putting them down just because you disagree with them. But again thats just me.
And now I have things to do and argueing with you as always a waste of my valuable time and gets nowhere........LMAO.

ElleGee
02-03-2009, 05:36 PM
And now I have things to do and argueing with you as always a waste of my valuable time .

Sure it is going by the ongoing responses pot. lol

Ah it doesn't get any easier than that :)

speedygirl
02-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Time to call in Orville. ;)

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/MeatLoffSurpriz6/Heros/OrvilleRedenbocker.jpg

ElleGee
02-03-2009, 05:57 PM
No need for Orville I said my piece.

I be done :)

SurferGirl
02-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Well, if he keeps this up....I have no doubt that Karma will catch up with him and he'll eventually wind up in a very hot place.....for eternity....;)
...with his buddy, Pelosi....:evil:

:rolling

I really think that some others will join him along with Pelosi, I was thinking of including Dodd and Reid and Barney Frank and many of the others that are turning our country into something other than what it was intended.
There is a very special place for them where it's really really hot. :devil :evil:

SurferGirl
02-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Elle it never occurred to me that I would need to post a link about things that have been on the news all day long.

I'm am upset about certain things and I do really want to take my country back. You really can't blame me can you. Elle I personally think family values is a good thing. This country would be in a whole lot better shape if everyone had good family values.

I really hope that others will follow in my footsteps and make their feelings know to their senators and representatives and also to their representatives on the state level. That seems to be the only way we can turn things around and make this a country for the people and of the people again.

ElleGee
02-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Elle it never occured to me that I would need to post a link about things that have been on the news all day long.

Well unlike you I am not in front of a television all day long, nor am I on news sites when I am in the middle of a research project. And my home office does not have a tv set in it, it's too distracting. Any news I get during the day is when I can be bothered looking at the news forums here and a few other places I go *shrug. And apparently I missed a news story..

whatever
02-03-2009, 11:47 PM
NO, shes (ellegee) to busy coming her and b*tching and posting about things she disagrees with and when she's found out to be wrong, she to afraid to just admit it. Thats the difference between me and her, I am not afraid to admit when i'm wrong. And as for her saying she's said her piece. Who wants to bet she responds to this........any takers?

ElleGee
02-04-2009, 09:30 AM
NO, shes (ellegee) to busy coming her and b*tching and posting about things she disagrees with and when she's found out to be wrong, she to afraid to just admit it. Thats the difference between me and her, I am not afraid to admit when i'm wrong. And as for her saying she's said her piece. Who wants to bet she responds to this........any takers?

Good grief who's the one whining now pot? You are just sooooooo easy to rile up you really are LOL

And I will disagree if I want to, last I looked you weren't the boss of me :)

And if you bothered to read English (not that you can type it any better) I said I was wrong.. But I will NOT apologize for how I feel when she cries about stuff but doesn't do a damned thing but cry over it...

Now shut it.. because if you respond it will make you look like a desperate troll (see 2 can play that game :) )

whatever
02-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Good grief who's the one whining now pot? You are just sooooooo easy to rile up you really are LOL

And I will disagree if I want to, last I looked you weren't the boss of me :)

And if you bothered to read English (not that you can type it any better) I said I was wrong.. But I will NOT apologize for how I feel when she cries about stuff but doesn't do a damned thing but cry over it...

Now shut it.. because if you respond it will make you look like a desperate troll (see 2 can play that game :) )

Your second line sounds like something a grade schooler would say LMAO. :rofl:
Your third paragraph makes me laugh because you seemed to think your whining about crap is any better.
And the last line telling me to shut up.....come here and try to make me.
And um I have been at this site 7 years longer than you. So technically you would be the troll.
Desperation is when the best you can come up with is insults to make yourself look superior.
Whatever makes you happy dear. :)

ElleGee
02-04-2009, 10:51 AM
LOL wow...OK lady you keep thinking that.

ahippiechic
02-04-2009, 11:18 AM

Yes, she does. And everyone else here has just as much right to reply to it with how they feel about it. Just like had the right to do the same.

whatever
02-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Yes, she does. And everyone else here has just as much right to reply to it with how they feel about it. Just like had the right to do the same.

I think you left out a name?
I never said she didn't did I? She got her panties in a bunch when i defended surfergirl. So surfergirl doesn't like Obama. So don't alot of us. But for some reason I see alot of members put Surfergirl down saying she is hateful or whatever.
Like you stated she has every right to post what she wants. Positive or negative. AS long as it follows the rules. Correct?

ElleGee
02-04-2009, 11:47 AM
But for some reason I see alot of members put Surfergirl down saying she is hateful or whatever.

Why do you think that is?

Because she is hateful maybe? Buuuut since you brought it up and I have the 'balls' to say it.......

Have you ever even read a thread/post by her? Or are you agreeing with her just to agree? I can't count how many things she has said about gays and gay marriage or made borderline racist comments.. Just as recently as yesterday if I am not mistaken...

For someone who is into 'family values' she does spew a lot of hate. Hate is not a 'family value' quite the opposite..

But do go on...... No really......

whatever
02-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Why do you think that is?

Because she is hateful maybe? Buuuut since you brought it up and I have the 'balls' to say it.......

Have you ever even read a thread/post by her? Or are you agreeing with her just to agree? I can't count how many things she has said about gays and gay marriage or made borderline racist comments.. Just as recently as yesterday if I am not mistaken...

For someone who is into 'family values' she does spew a lot of hate. Hate is not a 'family value' quite the opposite..

But do go on...... No really......
Yes I have read a few of her posts. I don't go combing thru posts as I don't have the time. I read what interests me. I might agree with one and another one not. But those are her opinions/beliefs. Just like you have yours. Like you have said over and over to other people if you don't like it hit the back button.
Nobodys opinions or beliefs are better than the other last time I checked. I live in reality.
And whose to say your family values or anyone else's are better than hers?
Just because you disagree with things she says?
Everyones family values are different, thats what makes America great.

ahippiechic
02-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Yes, I left out a word.....It should say 'just like you did'.

Jumping on someone for jumping on someone just doesn't make sense to me. You're doing the same thing they are.