PDA

View Full Version : My poor baby boy

galeane29
01-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Last Tues I got a call from the nurse at Kevin's school saying he had a 103 temp. He had the fever Tuesday and Wednesday then was fine on Thursday and Friday. When he got home from school on Friday he went straight to the den and fell asleep on the sofa, no fever. Sunday he starts to complain about his left ear. I called Monday morning to get him an appt for this morning ( I hate being a work in)

He has a double ear infection and a sinus infection. All of this on top of his reflux problem. Then, I told the doctor about Kevin having 'accidents' every now and then and very lose bowels on a regular basis. We were sent to radiology at the hospital to do X-Ray's of his stomach, blood tests and stool samples. The doctor thinks he has irritable bowel syndrome. Kevin is on 7 different medications right now for his ears, sinuses, reflux, IBS and pain.

This morning John and I decided that it would be best since Kevin misses so much school for being sick that I will be home schooling him. I've gotten letter after letter from the school board for truancy this after all the letters I've produced from the doctor stating why Kevin will be missing school. I'm tired of them threatening me.
In the state of Alabama, to home school, you must go through a church cover school and I found out the church we use to attend is now a cover school , that is such a relief.

Meanwhile, my baby is in pain, he will start squirming and whining because his ears hurt so much, it makes my heart hurt to see him hurting.

Jackie_Blu
01-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Awwwww Im so sorry.. Bless his heart, thats a lot for the little guy to go through. I hope he's feeling better real soon. :hug

fleabones3
01-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Aww poor kid! It sucks that schools threaten you when you bring them proof, but do nothing to the kids who are actually skipping. I am glad you found a cover school for him and hope he gets to feeling better soon

Jenefer3
01-27-2009, 07:50 PM
I'm sorry your son is suffering like that, I hope he starts to feel better soon.

I know what it's like to have the school harass you about your child's attendance. I deal with that all the time and it really sucks, especially since you're already stressed about your child and then to have the school do their crap on top of it.

BeanieLuvR
01-27-2009, 07:58 PM
That poor kid. :( I hope he is feeling better soon. Will say a prayer that he is. Shame on the school. To act that way when kids are sick is so not right.

gmyers
01-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Thats a lot to have at one time. I hope the medicine helps and he feels better soon. Will keep him in my prayers.

Anniston
01-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Best wishes to you that he feels better soon and that home schooling goes well. Bless you all.

ElleGee
01-27-2009, 08:48 PM
ugh poor kid :hug :hug

Shann
01-27-2009, 08:53 PM
poor thing :( I hope he the meds kick in and he starts feeling better soon.

Airbuswife
01-27-2009, 09:03 PM
wow, that would suck to be all that sick at once ! Hopefully he will get well soon and on his way back to learning.... MAMA style, lol! :)

you'll be in my prayers :)

lucimPI
01-27-2009, 09:42 PM
I feel so sorry for your little one and I know how much it must be hurting you. I pray that he will be well soon.

speedygirl
01-27-2009, 11:52 PM
I hope he is feeling well soon.

galeane29
01-28-2009, 06:29 AM
The doc said no dairy except for yogurt because of the IBS.
Kevin's finally eating something after 2 days of no solids and he chose yogurt with sprinkles and purple Gatorade. He is content watching "Small Soldiers" but he keeps saying he cant hear it so it sounds like a frakin' theater in my house LMAO

atprm
01-28-2009, 07:04 AM
Welcome to homeschooling.

Does the cover school over a curriculum? If not, and you need one, let me know.

I HIGHLY HIGHLY Recommend that you join the HSLDA!!! It will cover your butt "just in case" (free attorneys etc). http://www.hslda.org

on that site, it will also tell you about cases in your state / area, and give you alerts of potential problems.

Knowing that you have them on your side gives you a LOT of power when dealing with truancy and school districts and overzealous school superintendents.

If you need help or advice, just ask -- we have been successfully homeschooling, year round, since 9/11/01.

sheila_361
01-28-2009, 08:06 AM
awww poor little guy, hoe he gets to feeling better soon!! *hugs*

ilikefree
01-28-2009, 08:24 AM
Poor little guy. I don't remember ever having an ear infection when I was little, but I had one a couple years ago and it hurt so bad. I hope he starts feeling better.

justme23
01-28-2009, 08:54 AM
Many prayers for your little man... hope he feels better soon.

CLARKS4
01-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Little bit had double ear infection and tonsilitis not long ago and it was horrible. After a couple days of the medicine shestarted feeling better.
Hope he feels better fast to. Poor thing.
Good luck with the homeschooling.

kelblend
01-28-2009, 02:30 PM
I hope he sees some pain relief soon. Poor guy.

Matt's Mom
01-28-2009, 06:27 PM
poor guy!! I hope that everything works out and he feels better fast!!

krisharry
01-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Awww, poor thing. I hope he gets to feeling better quickly and that the transition to homeschool goes smoothly for you.

msmom79
01-28-2009, 07:57 PM
Oh That Poor Child-many,many Hugs And Prayers For Your (((kevin)))

itsmetiggy
01-30-2009, 01:36 PM
My daughter is always sick so I know what its like to have them breathing down your neck, they already threatned to take me to court. I really don't know what her teacher is doing with her excuse notes but apparently they aren't being handled right. She was homeschooled most of last year and loved it, I flat out told the truancy people if they didn't get off my back I would pull her out again, to which they replied "You can't enroll her in homeschool if she is on the turancy list." I said WATCH ME. It's so stupid to go after the kids that really have a reason not to be there. At the start of the year her bus driver couldn't handle doing her route on time so there were days Hailey missed because of that, well according to school policy they should be excused absences, truancy was on my case about that, I told them they were more than welcome to come take her to school since I didn't have a car. Hope little man feels better soon and good luck with the homeschooling

galeane29
01-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Kevin is feeling much better now. He is still having problems hearing because of his ear infections but he is running around and playing.

I officially took him out of school today and our enrollment paperwork for the umbrella school is in progress. We went and bought him some workbooks and picked up some library books today. I have located tons of homeschooling families and play groups in our area which is a relief.