PDA

View Full Version : days of our lives rant...

june5917
01-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Okay. So I have been watching days my entire life. It makes me sick they are getting rid of john and marlena. They made the show. they have been on it for something like 30 years. Any other fans out their who feel the way i do? This may seem petty just makes me sooooooooo mad. thanks :burnout:

Mom2-3boys
01-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Stopped watching Days a long time ago...when Marlena became possessed and all that BS....anyway they are getting rid of them because they are 2 of the highest paid and execs need to free up some $....and ratings aren't what they use to be. You may not be just missing the 2 of them, the whole show may come to an end, from what I've read, they are lucky they will remain on air until Sept. 2010.

whatever
01-23-2009, 01:45 PM
They were let go because of lagging ratings. And those are the 2 highest paid on the show. Apparently marlena has been on for like 36 years and makes (dont quote me) 250,000 per show or month. Not sure about John.
And with the ratings of all soaps cut in half these days they are cutting alot of high pays or asking them to cut their pay and if not then letting them go.
You never know they might get to come back one day. I'm guessing it will just be for less money....

magenta
01-23-2009, 02:01 PM
I used to watch it everyday. I slowly tapered off the last 5 years. You never miss anything with Days, the writers never get on with the story.

When I seen J&M were leaving I put it on a few times, it is still really bad. The writers on that show suck. I think they should cancel it and put it out of its misery.

Sorry, I know your upset about them leaving. I hope they make guest appearences for your sake. But if I were them, I would run from this show and fast.

Shadowcat_99
01-27-2009, 08:20 AM
I've been watching it off and on for the last 30+ years! Started when I was a teenager staying at my aunt and uncle's on the dairy farm! They watched it over lunch.

I'm sad to see them go, but remember, supposedly the actor that is Stephano was also let go, but he is back, so never say never!

I do love the flashbacks to their younger days! Wow! The show really was so much better back in the 80's & early 90's!

And, I'm still the ultimate fan of Marlena with the original Roman (and was blown out of my mind when the guy who played Chris Kosacek suddenly became Roman! Talk about very weird!)

FYI, my other favorite soaps were "Another World" (where you can see repeats of on Soap Network if you get it - I sooooo loved Cass Winthrope!), and "The Edge of Night"!

Anniston
01-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Cass Winthrope...he was one of the neat guys on that show. My mom watched it. My dad looks very much like Cass.

Sorry you are so bummed about Days, and those two leaving. I used to love the show and watched with my mom and after I moved on my own. But then all the supernatural stuff was a downer, plus the dragging on of story lines.

ElleGee
01-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Stopped watching Days a long time ago...when Marlena became possessed and all that BS....

That's when I stopped watching too...

Urban Cowgirl
01-29-2009, 04:08 PM
I am bummed about it too! :getyou

Shadowcat_99
01-29-2009, 10:52 PM
Cass Winthrope...he was one of the neat guys on that show. My mom watched it. My dad looks very much like Cass.

Yeah... he was (and actually still IS) quite a hunk-a-dunk! I liked him best with Frankie!

- Shadowcat

http://thumbnail.search.aolcdn.com/truveo/images/thumbnails/4F/08/4F08A94C708316.jpg