PDA

View Full Version : Tell me if I overreacted?

April78945
01-22-2009, 10:10 PM
I was at my mother in laws today with my son, who is 2, while my daughter was across the street at dance class. I was sitting on the couch and my MIL was on another couch and my son was playing at the coffee table. He picked up my MIL's diabetes baggy (she has a bag with all her diabetes **** in it) and i said "Give that to nana" and he did.

Two seconds later he is SCREAMING and, because i looked away to watch tv did see this, so I look over liek WTF and my MIL Is holding his finger and SQUEEZING it. So I yell "what happened??" and she says "I'm taking his blood sugar" WTFFFFFFFF???? She totally pricked my sons finger and was squeezing blood out of it FOR FUN while he screamed. I yelled at her to let him go and he ran over to me crying. I hugged him and yelled "what the **** is wrong with you?" and she says "Nothing is ****ing wrong with me and if you think so you can go home"....so I did.

Now, I called my BFF and she flipped out. She says if I had gone to the police they would have arrested her. I didn't...but I am ****ing pissed. I called to tell Wayne and he already knew because the ***** called him first and made up this whole thing about me being psychotic and that it didn't happen the way I was going to tell him. I was like "How does she know what I was going to say if it didn't happen that way??" and he was like "whatever, I'm not getting into it"

I am livid. She stabbed my son. That is the last time she will ever see him or my daughter again.

Soooo anyway..am I overreacting??

speedygirl
01-22-2009, 10:14 PM
No you didn't over react. First off, what happened to her asking permission, secondly who the f does she think she is testing a 2 year old's glucose. That's sadistic and screwed up. and yes, it's assault.

ilovecats
01-22-2009, 10:17 PM
I agree.That is sick and cruel.It is hard enough when your kids actually need shots.To have someone doing it for the hell of it is just unbelievable.

Heidi
01-22-2009, 10:17 PM
I was at my mother in laws today with my son, who is 2, while my daughter was across the street at dance class. I was sitting on the couch and my MIL was on another couch and my son was playing at the coffee table. He picked up my MIL's diabetes baggy (she has a bag with all her diabetes **** in it) and i said "Give that to nana" and he did.

Two seconds later he is SCREAMING and, because i looked away to watch tv did see this, so I look over liek WTF and my MIL Is holding his finger and SQUEEZING it. So I yell "what happened??" and she says "I'm taking his blood sugar" WTFFFFFFFF???? She totally pricked my sons finger and was squeezing blood out of it FOR FUN while he screamed. I yelled at her to let him go and he ran over to me crying. I hugged him and yelled "what the **** is wrong with you?" and she says "Nothing is ****ing wrong with me and if you think so you can go home"....so I did.

Now, I called my BFF and she flipped out. She says if I had gone to the police they would have arrested her. I didn't...but I am ****ing pissed. I called to tell Wayne and he already knew because the ***** called him first and made up this whole thing about me being psychotic and that it didn't happen the way I was going to tell him. I was like "How does she know what I was going to say if it didn't happen that way??" and he was like "whatever, I'm not getting into it"

I am livid. She stabbed my son. That is the last time she will ever see him or my daughter again.

Sorry, but I think you are overreacting a tad. Yes she definately should have asked your permission to prick your baby's finger. But she didn't exactly "stab" him as you put it, it was a tiny poke. Also, I think more disturbing than the finger poke was the language and the way you guys acted in front of the little guy.

April78945
01-22-2009, 10:20 PM
Her language was worse than mine. she said the F word, I said the H word. My son didn't hear it because he was SCREAMING.

gmyers
01-22-2009, 10:31 PM
I would have been mad too. Why would she want to do that. Call me a baby but it hurts and I can just imagine how it felt to a two year old. I bet he doesn't want to go around her for a while. Its sad that a grandma would want to hurt a child. Maybe thats why your husband is the way he is.

msginna
01-22-2009, 10:38 PM
yeh I think you might have been over reacting. hubby has done that to all of us and had fun looking at the results. BUT that is our family and our kids were slightly older and continues to do it, AND with consent of course. You werent there to hold him and and cuddle him when it was about to happen. ALL that said I still think you should not banish her...

Anniston
01-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Man, that took some balls for her to do that. Why the heck would she do that? I volunteer at the Red Cross in the apheresis dept. and have two needles in each arm during the procedure to donate platelets, and the worst for me is usually that initial finger poke to test iron, so I am pis*sed for you.

Having said that, maybe she has been pricking her own finger for so long that she does not comprehend the gravity of it? I say that only because what she did was WAY WRONG, but perhaps, does not warrant her never seeing the kids again.

lucimPI
01-22-2009, 10:41 PM
IMHO, I do not think that your wrong. I feel that children at that age do not need the extra trauma of "Grandma" sticking a pin in his finger. I also cannot figure out why she would have her diabetic stuff sitting out on the coffee table, to me that stuff should be put in a cabinet somewhere, especially if children are around. I would have had a total fit if someone, much less his grandmother, do that to my child. In my estimation there are just too many variables in that type of situation, what if he had moved and the needle went in to far. Nope, that is in no way anything that I would allow to be done to my child unless by a doctor.

belle5691
01-22-2009, 10:49 PM
I dont think you overreacted. My dad when my kids were little "threatened" in a joking way to do it....but never did, and he always played about it enough that I heard what was going on and was able to watch and make sure nothing was happening. If he had actually done it, I would have been mad too. There was a time that I did banish my dad from seeing my kids until he apologized. It was for hitting my child (a slap on the arm) because he accidentally stepped on my dads dog--totally unintentional...But anyway, Im sorry you're going through that. Hope you and your son feel better about the whole situation soon.

fleabones3
01-22-2009, 11:30 PM
I dont think you overreacted. The baby is screaming for one. Although the finger poke itself is not actually very painful ( the needle is very small) he was not prepared for it and I am sure it did hurt some. There was no need for her to " check his sugar" unless he was having symptoms. You reacted like a normal mother wondering why her kid is screaming. He is 2 yrs old for crying out loud,not 10. Her reaction is that of a woman who has no understanding of a baby's pain level, reactions, or compassion. and yeah thats probably why your ex is that way. what a big pantywaist mama's boy --" Im not getting into it".

Quaker_Parrots
01-23-2009, 02:33 AM
You are over reacting.

She was going to check his blood sugar. She didnt do it to be mean. She did it out of love for her grand child. What if your child is diabetic? Wouldnt you want to know so you can get him the care he deserves?

Diabetes is nothing to mess with. It is a very serious health issue that can cause even more serious ones, including death. With your MIL having it, there is a very good possibility that your children may get it, maybe not now, but later in life.

My DH is diabetic. On occasion we "stab" my children to be sure they arent either.

I think you should be glad that your MIL cares. You say she did it for "fun" was she laughing when he was screaming?

Bliss
01-23-2009, 03:04 AM
I know this thread wasn't meant to be funny, it is. Your friend is out of her mind telling you, you can have your mil arrested for testing her grandchild's sugar level.

Yes, you definitely overreacted

Checking a child's sugar level will not get your MIL arrested. The mil didn't stab the child.

Like another member stated the language was harsher than a tiny poke on the finger.

justme23
01-23-2009, 03:20 AM
I doubt very much she did it for fun. I am willing to bet she did it so he would remember next time not to touch the bag her supplies are in... which is EXACTLY what all of my grandparents would have done. He is not hurt. He will probably fall one day and get a scratch that will hurt far more than this but you probably won't blame it on the ground...

LitWtch
01-23-2009, 04:23 AM
I am completely stunned that a grown woman would do such a thing unnecessarily. Utterly stunned.

You did not over react - he's two years old. Had he been 15 and ASKED, then that would be different. As far as Wanye not wanting to get involved with what his mother did to his child, well, I'd certainly be reacting far worse towards HIM!

wobblypops
01-23-2009, 04:38 AM
While it would have been nice to ask you to help her do it is one thing but I honestly can't say what my reaction would have been.

The only problem I have with this is a very important aspect........ was it a new needle or did she use the same one that she, herself, has used to poke her own finger? If it was a new needle then I am sure he'll forget all about the pain but there could be complications on a pre-used needle.

buttrfli
01-23-2009, 05:25 AM
My kids bug the crap out of DH every now and then for him to check their sugar... and he does.

I don't think that she had a "right" to do it, but I don't really see what the big deal was. Maybe he was curious and she was showing him? Have you ever lanced your finger before? Its more scary than it hurts.

April78945
01-23-2009, 06:01 AM
I think you should be glad that your MIL cares. You say she did it for "fun" was she laughing when he was screaming?

Yes, she was.

Your friend is out of her mind telling you, you can have your mil arrested for testing her grandchild's sugar level.

It was assault, and yes I could have

I am willing to bet she did it so he would remember next time not to touch the bag her supplies are in.

So she choose to punish my child for handing her her medical supplies that were sitting on the coffee table that SHE told him to play at?

was it a new needle or did she use the same one that she, herself, has used to poke her own finger?

I honestly don't know. I DO know she did this to me once and used an old needle. It was right when she was first diagnosed and thought it fun to check everyone's blood. I say "fun" because I am using HER words. I was sitting at the kitchen table and she checked her blood..grabbed my hand and pricked me. I was pissed then as well.

And, as for THIS

You are over reacting.

She was going to check his blood sugar. She didnt do it to be mean. She did it out of love for her grand child. What if your child is diabetic? Wouldnt you want to know so you can get him the care he deserves?

Diabetes is nothing to mess with. It is a very serious health issue that can cause even more serious ones, including death. With your MIL having it, there is a very good possibility that your children may get it, maybe not now, but later in life.

FOR THIS HE HAS A F'ING PEDITRICIAN!

Willow
01-23-2009, 06:17 AM
I would have been upset too. That is not her place to be doing that to your child. If you thought your child might have diabetes you could make an appointment and bring him to the doctors. It doesn't sound at all like she was concerned that he might have diabetes.

justme23
01-23-2009, 06:19 AM
Well... it sounds like you know how you feel and wanted us all to feel that way too... It's interesting cause I see you commonly telling ppl to suck it up in that situation.

Honestly, I think you are being WAY over dramatic about the situation. He has fallen and bumped his head much harder than a little pin prick hurt... and was probably FAR more traumatized by the screaming back and forth between two ppl he loves.

iluvmybaby
01-23-2009, 06:24 AM
I called to tell Wayne and he already knew because the ***** called him first and made up this whole thing about me being psychotic and that it didn't happen the way I was going to tell him. I was like "How does she know what I was going to say if it didn't happen that way??" and he was like "whatever, I'm not getting into it"

I would kick Wayne to the curb, it just shows he will ALWAYS choose his mom over you. He can go live with his mom. I dont think that you overreacted, she could have AIDS/heptatis and given it to your son with using a used lancet.

Bliss
01-23-2009, 06:29 AM
It was assault, and yes I could have

If you honestly believe your child was assaulted you should have called the police. Since checking a childs sugar level is not abuse in any way shape or form - it may be the reason why you did not call. It would be one of those listed on the dumbess police calls.

"Hello, officer, my MIL stabbed my son."
"Ma'am, did you say your son was stabbed?"
"Yes"
"Where is he stabbed?"
"He's stabbed in the tip of his finger by a lancet."
"What? Your MIL stabbed your son with a lancet?"
"Yes, I want this {bleeeeeep** arrested for assault."
"Ok, ma'am we'll see if anyone's willing to go out on a prank call."

gmyers
01-23-2009, 06:30 AM
I don't see why she would want to do it in the first place and to laugh about it when he screamed is just plain mean. It sounds like she was punishing him for messing with her stuff. Most grandmas don't want to see their grandkids hurt. Its just strange that she would do this out of the blue like that. She ought to know babies don't like shots.

Mary Jo
01-23-2009, 06:31 AM
How bizarre!
You definitely have a right to be angry about the situation. However, because she is your children's grandmother you might just want to have a calm talk with her in a couple days and let her know how you feel. And maybe see her a little less often. And since you're divorcing her son, document all this in case it comes up. You don't want to be labeled a hot head.
Be strong. You are better than these crazy people. Be polite or at least civil to these people. You are above this craziness. You may want to limit time with MIL but don't stop altogether because she is the kids family and because you don't want to be accused of alienating affection. You might also want to begin talking to your kids about personal safety.

baragabrat
01-23-2009, 06:38 AM
It sounds like this situation needs some rational thinking and discussion between you and your MIL. She should never have touched your son for the purpose of checking his glucose without your permission. In my opinion (as a grandmother myself) grandmothers only have so many rights. They've raised their kids, now it's time to let their kids raise their own kids the way they see fit and if a granny wants to do something like that, then she should have consulted with you first, telling you the reason she would want to do this. Discussion should have taken place before she poked your baby.

Cool off 100%. Go to her and discuss this and leave your temper at the door, because if I was in your shoes, I would probably get angry all over again. Clear the air. She may or may not see your point of view (don't expect her to) but she still is granny after all. I really don't know if she is a good one though.....

gmyers
01-23-2009, 06:46 AM
I wouldn't stop letting see the kids but I'd make it clear you don't want her doing that again.

ElleGee
01-23-2009, 07:33 AM
I don't think you overreacted at all.. Just b/c she is the kids grandmother does not give her the right to use your 2 year old as a lab rat..

What a waterhead..

And Wayne is the biggest P word I swear....

Mom2-3boys
01-23-2009, 07:45 AM
As far as I'm concerned the only "rights" my MIL has to my children are the ones we give her, but then again she's the only one in both our families that feels she has the "right" or is entitled to our children.....uh WRONG!

Your MIL had no right to test his sugar without permission. Do I think it was assault? No. I too think you need to have a convo. with her about it. Lay it down with her that under no terms is she allowed to do that and whatever other rules you want to lay down on her or she will not be given the luxury of seeing her grandchildren.

Anniston
01-23-2009, 07:53 AM
I am surprised that people are dismissing the use of the term "abuse" in this situation. I guess it is because Grandma is family. And if it was a used needle, the little guy is probably safe because as far as they know, Grandma is not carrying a transmittable disease.

Think about it. If I was diabetic, and we were at a back yard BBQ, at a mutual friend's house, and I just off the cuff decided to test your toddler's sugar level with used equipment without asking you first...What would you do?

LuvBigRip
01-23-2009, 08:13 AM
If you want to get your child's glucose tested, it is YOUR choice and you do it under a doctors supervision with a needle you are sure is clean.

If anyone ever grabbed my child's hand and stuck a needle in it, I would come unglued. The fact that she did this with you present would make me wonder WTF she considers acceptable when you are not around.

I would have a very long chit chat with MIL and tell her in no uncertain terms that she is on probation with me. That if she ever decides to take something like his health into her own hands again, it will be the last thing she does with my children.

I have to totally agree with Anniston that giving this woman a pass just because she is Grandma is insane, and maybe Grandma is a little off her rocker thinking that it would be ok to poke little johnny with a needle.

I would have a long talk with Hubby too, because if he doesn't have your back, and if he thinks he is not going to be in the middle, you two are going to have problems. Big ol' mommy issues.

ahippiechic
01-23-2009, 08:15 AM
I would have been pissed too and would have said something (not FU right at that moment tho, lol!)

You could have called later and told her how you felt when your son was out of ear shot.

Kelsey1224
01-23-2009, 08:56 AM
I'm not sure you are truly interested in anyone's opinion that differs from yours...but here goes anyway.

Was you MIL wrong...ABSOLUTELY! She had no right to do that with your son without your permission. Her cavalier attitude is extremely disturbing.

That being said. I would hardly consider the pricking of his finger with a lancet to be abuse nor would it qualify as a 'stab'. I agree with others that the foul language used in his presence certainly was worse than the actual pricking.

I also think you were justified and leaving her house at that time.

However, never allowing her to see your children again is definitely overacting. I would just be quite diligent in not allowing them to be around her without your supervision. I wouldn't trust your husband to watch them because he seems unconcerned about his children.

poggles3
01-23-2009, 09:12 AM
You are not overreacting, as a mother your first instinct is to protect your child and when you hear your child scream and look over to see his grandmother poking his finger for no obvious reason yes you have a right to go off. I would do the same thing. Ok so maybe in afterthought everyone can see where language, etc was not appropriate for the situation blah blah, your kid was screaming and she was poking him for no damn reason, screw it you did nothing wrong. Discussing it with her once everyone is calm, yes you can do that but there is nothing wrong with the inital freaking out as far as I can see you were simply protecting your child...

krisharry
01-23-2009, 09:54 AM
Are you overreacting? Yes Was your MIL 100% in the wrong for doing it? Yes

She shouldn't have done that w/out your permission. There is no reason for your 2 year old to have it done unless you suspect there is a problem and then as said it can be done by your child's ped not your MIL. I would have a talk w/her when you have calmed down. My bigger concern would be w/the fact that the diabetic supplies were right there on the table where your DS was playing. What if he had accidentally injected himself w/insulin? So a talk w/her about keeping hazardous things up and away when the kiddos are around is a must. Banishment seems excessive.

As far as Wayne getting involved in this, did you really expect him to support you? Sorry to say April but he is a d*** and a complete loser.

Hash it out with your MIL, you may need her support w/the upcoming divorce but make clear what your expectations and boundaries are regarding the children. Good luck.

DBackFan
01-23-2009, 09:55 AM
I just want you to know I do not think what she did was justified by any means and I'm not sure I wouldn't have reacted the same way. It was just plain wrong to not discuss it with you first.
Do I think she did it maliciously? I don't now her but she has to be a little loose upstairs to prick his finger without your consent to start with.

pepperpot
01-23-2009, 10:08 AM
Are you overreacting? Yes Was your MIL 100% in the wrong for doing it? Yes

She shouldn't have done that w/out your permission. There is no reason for your 2 year old to have it done unless you suspect there is a problem and then as said it can be done by your child's ped not your MIL. I would have a talk w/her when you have calmed down. My bigger concern would be w/the fact that the diabetic supplies were right there on the table where your DS was playing. What if he had accidentally injected himself w/insulin? So a talk w/her about keeping hazardous things up and away when the kiddos are around is a must. Banishment seems excessive.

As far as Wayne getting involved in this, did you really expect him to support you? Sorry to say April but he is a d*** and a complete loser.

Hash it out with your MIL, you may need her support w/the upcoming divorce but make clear what your expectations and boundaries are regarding the children. Good luck.
Years ago my parents took lots of medications......they would never throw away the pill bottles, they always 'reused' them (like for screws or something) and always had lots of empty ones around (they were pack rats). :agree

Anywho, my daughter (baby/toddler at the time) was playing with them. My mother had given them to her as a 'toy'.......it wasn't until I made my mother realize that she inadvertently was encouraging her grandchild to play with medicine bottles (they were 'toys') and that there could be some prescription residue left or possibly a full bottle with what would appear to a grandchild as 'candy'....

Never in a million years would my mother want to convey this to any child...when it was brought to her attention...the bottles 'disappeared'...never to be seen again. :agree

Sometimes people just don't realize.....like with a 'used' appliance that came in contact with blood....(aka lancet, needle, etc.) People from prior generations are not that aware...:nono She probably thought she was doing 'good'....:agree

As for 'laughing'....well, watch any you tube video and you will see adults laughing at children crying when they think they are 'over-reacting'......we all know that after the 'prick'...the 'pain' is gone (not necessarily the 'tauma').....we 'laugh' at kids all.the.time. I wouldn't put too much thought into she was trying to 'terrorize' your child, more than likely not.

She should have asked first...:agree and I would just enlighten her (nicely) as to why you were so upset....no 'threats'...just 'education'....especially the part of her medication and appliances left about. :agree

mosdata1
01-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Hearing my baby scream, would initally send me into a panic. Once I saw what was done, I would first calm my child down, explain to him that nana was just checking his sugar, just like she checks hers.
Then I would send him out of the room & let her know that under NO circumstances would she ever do that again.
That being said, does your MIL wonder about his sugar levels? I ask this because my mother, years ago, with my consent & with me holding my youngest, checked her sugar level. This DD of mine, must have the world's smallest bladder, as she is always has to go pee. Increased urination is a symptom of diabetes. DD's sugar level is fine, but she was only 3 when I had my mom check.
I think your & your MIL's reactions would be more traumatic to him than a simple pin prick on his finger - to call it a 'stabbing' is adding more drama than necessary.
I hope when cooler heads prevail, you & your MIL can talk calmly about this situation and she will realize that doing this without your permission is alway unacceptable. If she is a good grandparent and this was just a lapse in judgement, don't deny your children a relationship with a grandparent who loves them.

mosdata1
01-23-2009, 10:14 AM
FOR THIS HE HAS A F'ING PEDITRICIAN!

I posted before reading the entire thread, I have a friend, who found out her DD was diabetic, when her cousin tested her DD, one day when she was feeling really dizzy. Her sugar level was 205, and she was only 8. The ped did not check her sugar level during her last visit, as the mom had not noticed any symptoms before her visit. This is not something they routinely check children for. I know my kids don't get their blood drawn during their yearly checkups.

I also see where you said your MIL was laughing - now that would have made me furious. I would hope that I would be able to not make a bad situation worse, by then screaming at MIL, which would only upset my child more.

WtPlover
01-23-2009, 10:26 AM
My mother was a diabetic and very aware that my ds was only two and not old enough to understand what mamu was doing however she would never even dreamed of sticking my sons finger for the fun of it since diabeteses is serious business. You didn't overreact I would have punched her lights out and her sons as well keeping the kids away from her is not the answer however I would keep them very tight in my sight and she would be on her best behavior or else thinking that its funny that your son was crying over a finger stick is not funny at all what the hell is so funny about sticking a hole in your childs finger I am diabetic and it hurts like hell to stick that thing in my finger yeah its a tiny needle but it still hurts tell her to keep to hands off your kids course this is just my opinion I would have cussed her out too

Njean31
01-23-2009, 10:41 AM
IF she had thought he had gotten into her diabetes medication and that's the reason she checked it then more power to her. that was actually a very SMART thing to do. i would have done the exact same thing but of course i first would have told the parent it needs to be done.

fleabones3
01-23-2009, 10:48 AM
It doesnt matter if its a finger stick, a shot, or even a spanking, we grandparents DONT have the right to do just whatever. They are not our children. It would be different if Granny was raising the kid. I have 6 grandchildren, and I dont do NOTHING without making sure its ok. I spanked my kids occasionally, does that mean I have the right to spank my grandkids? No. In my house, the kids do have to mind, and yes I will use the corner or whatever.
I would never even think of sticking their finger , no matter what age let alone a 2 yr old baby, without asking. and April is right thats what his doc is for, not grandma

April78945
01-23-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm not sure you are truly interested in anyone's opinion that differs from yours...but here goes anyway.

I am a little put off by this. I am not one to whine when an opinion differs from mine and, as you can see in my post topic..I was asking if anyone thought I was overreacting. The only replies I have given on here have been answers to questions.

IF she had thought he had gotten into her diabetes medication and that's the reason she checked it then more power to her. that was actually a very SMART thing to do. i would have done the exact same thing but of course i first would have told the parent it needs to be done.

She didn't. We were both sitting right there and the zipped bag was on the table. He picked it up and handed it to her. Nothing opened and he wasn't playing with it.

**I may not banish her, but she isn't going to be around them when I am not there. Alot of people don't know the whole story of my MIL and I am too aggravated at her to even start. I will say, she is short a few screws and had the documentation to prove it.**

gmyers
01-23-2009, 01:44 PM
I don't blame you I wouldn't leave her alone with him either. Better safe than sorry. She can see him when I was there but thats it.

ma4angels
01-23-2009, 02:53 PM
I would have lost it if mine did that to my kids. You didn't overreacted. If it was me I would have probably slapped the woman and I would have been in jail.

Njean31
01-23-2009, 03:00 PM
She didn't. We were both sitting right there and the zipped bag was on the table. He picked it up and handed it to her. Nothing opened and he wasn't playing with it.

well, i'd have some issues with that as well then.

Anig2u
01-23-2009, 03:28 PM
I have diabtetes and would never think to prick any childs finger unless it was asked of me. That was a messed up thing for her to do, and I would have been just as mad as you if it were my child, but the language in front of your DS wasn't very appropriate..LOL. Not sure if it was an assault, but who knows what they would consider assault. I would probably be weary of letting her alone with my child also after this incident.

JustDoIt
01-23-2009, 04:29 PM
You seriously need to distance yourself away from Wayne and his family. It sounds like they are all a bit cracked in the head.

freeplease
01-23-2009, 05:01 PM
I agree, I wouldn't leave granny alone with my kids, either. If she's leaving medications/testing kits laying around, her house isn't exactly baby-proof.

Your child's safety has to come first. But remember, that means no babysitting when you are in a fix. You can't have it both ways. Either she's too dangerous to be left alone with your kids, or she's okay, because you're ina bind.

Urban Cowgirl
01-23-2009, 05:37 PM
I would not leave her alone with kids...period.

I do not want anyone treating my kids without checking with me first...not even tylenol. ......of course if I could not be reached and my kid had a high temp...then I trust my family to use their judgement, but they are not to treat a mild cold or low grade fever without first checking with me.

CLARKS4
01-23-2009, 05:59 PM
I would have been ill to. I agree with others that you shouldnt leave the children alone with her.
:hug

msmom79
01-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Oh My Gosh I Would Have Slapped The Piss Outta Her-come On Folks She Didnt Ask If She Could Do That-and I Bet She Scared The Living Daylights Outta That Baby-oh Hell No ,april I Would Have Beat Her Ass Then Called The Cops And Made A Report On Her.i Bet The Next Time A Nurse Or Doctor Tries To Give That Baby A Shot,or Take His Blood For Test,it Is Gonna Bring This Back To Him-i Say Keep Your Children Away From Her,for Their Own Sakes-jmoo

galeane29
01-24-2009, 01:12 PM
I laughed out loud at he 'slapped the piss out of her' LMAO

WtPlover
01-24-2009, 06:21 PM
Just my opinion again but if she is so cracked up that she thinks it is ok to inflict bodily harm on your baby I would tuck my tail and run away no one should be hurting that baby not even to teach him not to touch stuff like that I would have KNOCKED THE PISS OUT OF HER TOO! If you want I will drive that and do your dirty work but you have to bail me out of jail lmao
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii188/Poohlover92499/crackedegg.jpg

momfromTN
01-26-2009, 11:36 AM

Oh your husband doesn't want to be a man, huh? He doesn't want to "get into it". What a cop-out. What a wimp. Afraid of his mommy. Okay then, you tell Wayne-baby, that his mother is no longer to have access to your children. Ever. And if he doesn't like it, he can kiss your rear end and go live with her.

I don't see this as a normal inlaw annoyance. She wasn't sneaking him goodies or buying him too many toys. She stuck him with a needle. She was wrong to do what she did. A frigging needle HURTS. What is wrong with her?

I hope your husband grows up before you get tired of the wimpy boy act.

galeane29
01-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Oh your husband doesn't want to be a man, huh? He doesn't want to "get into it". What a cop-out. What a wimp. Afraid of his mommy. Okay then, you tell Wayne-baby, that his mother is no longer to have access to your children. Ever. And if he doesn't like it, he can kiss your rear end and go live with her.

I don't see this as a normal inlaw annoyance. She wasn't sneaking him goodies or buying him too many toys. She stuck him with a needle. She was wrong to do what she did. A frigging needle HURTS. What is wrong with her?

I hope your husband grows up before you get tired of the wimpy boy act.

Her and Wayne have been seperated for awhile now.

PS I agree with ya

momfromTN
01-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Her and Wayne have been seperated for awhile now.

PS I agree with ya

Aw dang. I didn't realize that. My oops. But, I still stand by it. I would not allow her near my kids, if I could help it. Document, document, document.

ma4angels
02-03-2009, 12:29 AM
I have read over this thread again and it just amazing to me that some have said that you were over reacting to this woman sticking your sons finger. And that it is ok for to do this to your child. Well no it is not, grandmother or not she had no right to touch your baby. If that was her way of teaching him a lesson for messing with her stuff then that is sick. Being that she is suppose to be a grown up and a grandmother did she ever hear of just moving the stuff off of the table until the baby went home. How about just keeping out of reach anyway? I just don't get it when someone thinks it is ok to cause pain to a child. And the arguements were he will hurt himself worse one day by falling or something else. Give me a break this woman purposely stick this baby's finger without his mothers permission. Just like she said that is what a doctor is for. Like I said before if it was me I would have probably reacted just as you did.