PDA

View Full Version : I'm being charged w/assaulting an officer! Need suggestions please

DezaRay24
01-22-2009, 04:28 PM
Just thought I would do a bit of updating since I was thinking about all this today.

Well, after many, many conversations with the boss of the cop & others they have basically dropped ALL charges or should I say I was NEVER charged with ANYTHING since he couldn't prove that I did anything wrong. I never got a lawyer and didn't ever need one as I knew I didn't do anything that wrong to make the cop flip put on me the way he did.

missteena
01-22-2009, 04:35 PM
Wow I cannot believe all this. I really don't have any suggestions for you. It seems like you know what you need to do. Definitely get the bank surveillance and try to get the recordings from dispatch.

Some people are just crazy...doesn't matter what they wear. Good luck to you.

ahippiechic
01-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Arguing with a cop usually doesn't go well. You should have been polite and gave him your DL when he asked the 1st time. Time enough to beyotch about it later.

DBackFan
01-22-2009, 04:40 PM
Arguing with a cop usually doesn't go well. You should have been polite and gave him your DL when he asked the 1st time. Time enough to beyotch about it later.

I have to agree here. I meam he does sound like a real jerk but you never get anywhere arguing with a cop and not doing what they ask. Sorry, hope it all works out for you.

ElleGee
I have no advice but chances are I think he won't show up to court and the charges will be dropped.. My sister got arrested for telling an officer something not nice, waaaaaayyyy worse than "kiss mine' and the d!ck never showed up to court..

I hate officers who think they are earths gift.. There are officers who don't have that superiority complex but it's starting to become rare.. So many of those in Providence

UGH I am getting pissed just thinking about it.

Sorry that happened.. Hopefully karma will smack his mightier than thou a$$

DezaRay24

See but my point is he didn't need i didn't do anything wrong that would warrent him needing my ID. Also after he made a comment like writing my info down & keepin an eye out for me I was Hell-o no your not getting it!

evrita
01-22-2009, 04:55 PM
He made that comment after you didnt show him it and how does he know you didnt have warrents. I have to agree with Hippie arguing with a cop gets you now where you are lucky you didnt get tasered or maced for resisting when he tried to take your keys. I know you said you were wrong in saying Kiss mine but you made it into the bank you couldve said it after you drove away.

IthinkNOT!
01-22-2009, 05:01 PM
Honestly, I don't believe there was any good reason for you not to have cooperated with him. I see that you both thought you were right, and that you both thought that you had good reason for the way things happened. Yeah, it sounds like he was a jerk, but look at the line of work he is in also. I know there are cops out there who abuse their power, but for the most part, they are just doing their job. We might not like the way they do their job, heck they might not like the way they do their job, but keep in mind, that some people are not honest and nice, and they have to take that into account in the way they handle things also.

Bliss
01-22-2009, 05:09 PM
To avoid a huge mess you should have presented him the DL the first time. Did he mention watching you before asking to see your DL the first time?

Now, you get to pay court costs and fines...If the charges aren't dropped (which I'm sure they won't be) you get assaulting an officer on your record.

whatever
01-22-2009, 05:18 PM
He made that comment after you didnt show him it and how does he know you didnt have warrents. I have to agree with Hippie arguing with a cop gets you now where you are lucky you didnt get tasered or maced for resisting when he tried to take your keys. I know you said you were wrong in saying Kiss mine but you made it into the bank you couldve said it after you drove away.

Honestly, I don't believe there was any good reason for you not to have cooperated with him. I see that you both thought you were right, and that you both thought that you had good reason for the way things happened. Yeah, it sounds like he was a jerk, but look at the line of work he is in also. I know there are cops out there who abuse their power, but for the most part, they are just doing their job. We might not like the way they do their job, heck they might not like the way they do their job, but keep in mind, that some people are not honest and nice, and they have to take that into account in the way they handle things also.

I agree. There is a time to be cocky. But It aint with a cop. If you think your big and bad fine. But they have the badge. I agree also there are cops who take advantage of the fact they have badges. But smarting off to him because he wouldn't move his car wasn't smart to begin with. I agree He sounds like he behaved badly as well, but he has no idea about you either. JMO

CLARKS4
01-22-2009, 05:21 PM
If you lived here, you probably would have went to jail after the other cop arrived.

I hope things work out for you and you both can come to some kind of agreement.

DezaRay24
01-22-2009, 05:22 PM
But smarting off to him because he wouldn't move his car wasn't smart to begin with. I agree He sounds like he behaved badly as well, but he has no idea about you either. JMO

See but I didn't smart off to him until he started to yell at me because I asked when he was going to move...I didn't yell at him to move I asked when he was and he started yelling at me from the get go so he started the yelling. I said what I did as I was going into the bank because he wouldn't stop yelling at me.

DezaRay24
01-22-2009, 05:24 PM

But what gave him any right to take my keys? He knew I wasn't leaving I never put my car in gear its a 5 speed I would have had to put it in gear and be able to shut my door in order to leave. He also could have parked he truck behind me if he was sooooo worried I would leave. Or better yet he could have asked me to turn off my truck and put the keys on the dash..

ahippiechic
01-22-2009, 05:25 PM
See but my point is he didn't need i didn't do anything wrong that would warrent him needing my ID. Also after he made a comment like writing my info down & keepin an eye out for me I was Hell-o no your not getting it!

He doesn't really need a reason to ask to see your ID. And here in Phx, after you fighting him over your keys, you would have been pepper sprayed and in the back of his car.

Urban Cowgirl
01-22-2009, 05:29 PM
I do have to say you probably won't get the bank surveilance without a court order.

DezaRay24
01-22-2009, 05:30 PM
He doesn't really need a reason to ask to see your ID. And here in Phx, after you fighting him over your keys, you would have been pepper sprayed and in the back of his car.

See, but he had no reason to grab my keys out of my car in the 1st place why would try and drive off after i asked for another officer? I could see before but It wasn't until after I asked for another cop that he tried to take them and while I was on the phone with 911

I do have to say you probably won't get the bank surveilance without a court order.

And If I have to get that to prove that I NEVER touched or assaulted him you better believe I will!

Kimberly61
01-22-2009, 05:39 PM
I would like to think that I would do the same thing as you in such a situation but I know I wouldnt have....so kudo's to you! I dont care what anyone says, I dont agree that just because you have a badge and a gun that that gives you the right to be a total azz! I can only imagine if that cop is married how he treats his wife....sounds to me like he was having a bad day and took it out on you and that isnt right.........unfortunately for you it doesnt look good...I would suggest getting an attorney now or at least getting a consultation with one to see where you stand if and when it goes to court.

Dont get me wrong, I have a lot of respect towards police officers but I have seen and heard so many stories of the bad ones, so I am not totally one sided....................I am just very sorry you had to go through all that....please keep us updated and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that everything goes ok.

DezaRay24
01-22-2009, 05:49 PM
TY. I agree..I think he was having a bad day from the time I asked if he was going to be moving so people could get to the drive thru. He didn't need to yell and scream like a child about it. Just a simple yes, In a minute if you can hold on I'm almost done or he could have just moved the 1 foot forward to be nice.
Just because he is a cop & has a badge doesn't mean I should bow down and kiss the mans feet and jump thru his hoops. I stood up for myself weither some of you here see it as right or not in how I did it but I'm not going to be pushed around by a cop for No reason!

You hear about cops on the news All the time getting away with murders, rapes & beatings. I just stood up for what I thought was right and as an American I have rights too if I feel I'm being treated unfair. Some of you act like because he has a badge his rights to be a jerk are higher than my right to defend myself against un-justice acts.

IthinkNOT!
01-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Honestly, You could have avoided that whole situation. Once you had pulled in and parked, you had no reason to approach him, you chose to do so. Then you chose to mouth off. You got lucky that you didn't get arrested, cause around here you would have. Or maced, or Tarazed. No body said that you had to bow down and kiss his butt, just that you shoulda been more respectful. If you had nothing to hide there should have been no problem showing your DL, by you not showing it made him think you had something to hide, and made the situation worse.

msmom79
01-22-2009, 05:58 PM
I Am Sorry You Had To Go Through This,but I Have To Agree With Hippie And The Others,when The Officer Asked For Your License,you Should Have Given It To Him.maybe He Was Working When He Was There,and He Got A Little Aggrevated,that You Interrupted Him(this Happens Sometimes With All Of Us).yes I Think He Could Of Been A Little Nicer,but Then So Could Have You-sometimes Being Nice Wins People Over-and Maybe He Would Have Given Just A Warning-i Also Believe You Should Not Have Made Any Comments Until You Left-just By Reading Your Post-i Think You Both Are Guilty. So Chalk It Up To Lesson Learned.jmoo

evrita
01-22-2009, 06:03 PM
You keep making comments about your keys. Have you ever thought that he thought you were going to run him over or use your keys as a weapon? Just a thought. I know when I was younger and I do mean a teenager I told a cop In my opinion your an asshol3 and he said ok and all due respect IMO your a bitc@ but thats a way of getting around it because I wasnt saying right to his face he was just staing my opinion.

atprm
01-22-2009, 06:04 PM
1) you are damn lucky you didn't get tasered!

2) you need to hire an attorney

3) when an officer asks something of you, it's best to comply -- you can duke it out in court later.

As it stands now, if they convict you of the FELONY it will remain on your record for pretty much forever...

I am actually surprised you were arrested and tossed in jail (warranted or not)

jedmatters
01-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Here, if a law enforcement officer asks for ID, you must provide it, or get arrested for FAILING TO IDENTIFY YOURSELF.
And, yes: an officer can take your keys if he feels that you may be a flight risk. And, no matter what you say: all it takes is his word that he THOUGHT you may flee from the scene. It is that simple.

You should speak to a lawyer ASAP. You are going to need one. As the bank tapes are not going to have sound, just movements: so the striking him by the door could look intentional. Also, the 911 tape is going to show that you KNEW he was a cop, and failed to obey him: and you will be considered at fault.

He may have had an attitude, but you mouthed off, and meant A$$ (verbal or not), so you can not deny being annoyed.

Sometimes the best response to a bad mood is no response at all.

baragabrat
01-22-2009, 06:11 PM
This is a bad situation all the way around and I agree with those who recommend you get a lawyer. Otherwise, I think you are SOL.

freeby4me
01-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Yikes. Im so sorry (((HUGS)))

iluvmybaby
01-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Get a lawyer, and if you get cleared of the charges move out of town, because you now have a target on your back. If you even cough the wrong way, you will be screwed blued and tattoed.

krisharry
01-22-2009, 07:26 PM
OK, I agree w/most of the others. Cops are human too, they have good days and bad days and unfortunately for you, you chose to get wise w/the wrong one. Asking for ID is a reasonable request and you should have complied. Now it's time to get an attorney and figure out your best course of action.

gmyers
01-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Hope it works out for you. That a scary situation to be in.

Anniston
01-22-2009, 07:34 PM
Gosh, what a situation. The only tit bits of advice I have is to choose a lawyer carefully. It may cost you more to get an out of town lawyer, but you don't want to retain a lawyer that may hold back because this is all happening in the city/county he/she practices in. Also, when you get a lawyer, see if you can plead down to "obstructing" an officer. I don't know much about it, but I know that a long time ago, a friend of mine had a problem when he got lippy with an officer who told him that he was committing a crime by parking in a parking lot of a closed business. He got a fine for obstructing, but it was not a huge deal, in the grand scheme of things.

Obstructing an officer would be better than having an assault charge on your record.

Quaker_Parrots
01-22-2009, 07:49 PM
So which was it, did you ask him if he could please move, or when he was going to move? If it was "when are you going to move" I can understand why the whole thing started. To me, that is being snarky and you could have handled it nicer. if it was said in that way, you started it.

There are always 2 sides to a story, yours & his, and the truth that lies somewhere in between.

See but I didn't smart off to him until he started to yell at me because I asked when he was going to move...I didn't yell at him to move I asked when he was and he started yelling at me from the get go so he started the yelling. I said what I did as I was going into the bank because he wouldn't stop yelling at me.

buttrfli
01-22-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm not sure that I would have gotten out of my car and asked him to move. How did you know that there wasn't something going on that he needed to block the area?

I am sure you think you were doing the right thing at the time, but I agree with those who say you are lucky you weren't arrested. When a police officer asks you for your ID you comply. I don't care what an officer said to me, I would not have smarted off to him. If you felt threatened, you should have called 911 immediately. Starting your car was a bad decision. He could have thought you were going to leave and IMO he had every right to try to take your keys.

dv8grl
01-22-2009, 07:58 PM
The fine you may occur may be more than it would cost to hire a lawyer to fight it.

iluvmybaby
01-22-2009, 08:06 PM
The fine you may occur may be more than it would cost to hire a lawyer to fight it.

Assult on an office is not a fine, it is jail time and possibly prison time. You never talked to the police or go to court without a lawyer, unless it is just to pay a speeding ticket of course.

MsLynn
01-22-2009, 09:04 PM
He took your keys because you "failed to comply with the lawful orders of a police officer" which itself is a crime.. and you admit yourself to several violations of that. some jurisdictions you can be arrested others you can just be cited for it. with the attitude you admit you had, you are very luck you weren't arrested. I'm sure the officer had a dash cam and with those they have a microphone so i'm sure he'll have a recording of you too. fact remains you made the situation worse than it had to be, and now you're suffering the consequenses.

lucimPI
01-22-2009, 09:07 PM
Many years ago my DH and another deputy went to arrest a man. When they located him, he was in his truck. The deputies asked him to shut the vehicle off and got out of the truck. He refused, my DH reached in to shut the vehicle off and he took off dragging my DH along side the vehicle, he also had studded tires on his truck. The other officer fired shots at the vehicle, my DH managed to get his arm out of the truck window and got flung free. Meanwhile I am at work (DH was a road deputy and I worked in the jail part) hearing all this go down. You have to remember, EVERY situation that a police officer gets into can be life threatening. Yes, he may have been wrong in yelling at you but you do not know what he was working on at the time, it may have been something important or it may have just been nothing. One thing as a citizen, it is always best to be polite and not a smart mouth, that will get you in trouble!

WtPlover
01-22-2009, 09:12 PM
In my own opinion you should have never walked up to the cop in the first place there is always another window open and yeah you might have had to wait but the teller would have waited on you even though it was past time for her to go home. You walking up to the cop was a huge mistake like you are lucky you didn't get tasered and/or maced and thrown on the ground and cuffed and stuffed and sitting you butt in jail with no bond. As for mouthing off to the cop yeah thats assault in any book add the key thing yeah another assault all together and smacking him with the door of your truck yeah assault I don't know but I would get a lawyer and hope he is dam good at his job good luck I would have never put myself in your position you are way way braver than I am

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii188/Poohlover92499/cuffs.jpg

MsLynn
01-22-2009, 09:15 PM
So which was it, did you ask him if he could please move, or when he was going to move? If it was "when are you going to move" I can understand why the whole thing started. To me, that is being snarky and you could have handled it nicer. if it was said in that way, you started it.

There are always 2 sides to a story, yours & his, and the truth that lies somewhere in between.

yeah i'm bettin there is something being left out here, I was in law enforcement for 15 years and I would have had your butt in jail so fast your head would have spun. and I would have charged you for each order you failed to comply with (you admited to at least 3) plus the assault.

ahippiechic
01-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Once she had parked and walked that far, I don't understand the need to go ask him 'when was he going to move'. That's seems antagonistic to me. She could have easily walked on into the bank, done her business and went home.

MsLynn
01-22-2009, 09:32 PM
he may have been blocking the drive up lanes for a reason?? I know we sometimes did that on both sides of the drive thru when they were servicing or taking deposits out or putting money in the ATM... you never can tell WHY he was parked that way.

April78945
01-22-2009, 10:03 PM
I agree with everyone here who says you were in the wrong. After you parked the car and had time to walk into the bank, there was no need to go up to his window and ask him to move. He must have had a reason for being there.

Telling him to kiss your ass was a little tacky as well. It doesn't matter if you omitted the word "ass" out or not, we all know what you meant.

He probably wanted your keys because you were being obnoxious about turning your radio up and not listening to him while he was asking for your DL and he wanted the car off.

In your haste to one-up him, you tried to slam your car door shut in his face and ended up hitting him in the leg. That IS assault.

Anyway, ya, I think you were wrong. Your damn lucky you didn't get arrested or tazered.

DezaRay24
01-22-2009, 10:21 PM

I asked him nicely if he was going to be moving his car or if he could move his car up a bit so that me & other people could be able to get into the bank tellers. He acted like I demanded him to move. My opinion is that he had no right to start yelling at me from the get go..he could have said. Hey give me a min or two and yes, I will be moving or hey my bad I didn't notice I was blocking the road. If it was something major i'm sure more cops would have been there.

Starting your car was a bad decision. He could have thought you were going to leave and IMO he had every right to try to take your keys.
I had my car started BEFORE he was even at my car yelling at me

He took your keys because you "failed to comply with the lawful orders of a police officer" which itself is a crime.. and you admit yourself to several violations of that. some jurisdictions you can be arrested others you can just be cited for it. with the attitude you admit you had, you are very luck you weren't arrested. I'm sure the officer had a dash cam and with those they have a microphone so i'm sure he'll have a recording of you too. fact remains you made the situation worse than it had to be, and now you're suffering the consequenses.

His car was NEVER behind mine or facing mine until later before all the other cops got there he went and moved his and turned it around which is AFTER all the other stuff happened.

In my own opinion you should have never walked up to the cop in the first place there is always another window open and yeah you might have had to wait but the teller would have waited on you even though it was past time for her to go home. You walking up to the cop was a huge mistake like you are lucky you didn't get tasered and/or maced and thrown on the ground and cuffed and stuffed and sitting you butt in jail with no bond. As for mouthing off to the cop yeah thats assault in any book add the key thing yeah another assault all together and smacking him with the door of your truck yeah assault I don't know but I would get a lawyer and hope he is dam good at his job good luck I would have never put myself in your position you are way way braver than I am

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii188/Poohlover92499/cuffs.jpg

Oh my Freakin He!! People you act like I meant to hit him with the door!!!! he was moved out of the way like I said the door barely even got him and I didn't do it on purpose!!!

Heck you all act like you want to see me go to jail!!! WOW glad I posted this.....I asked for suggestions NOT to be beated down and told that I SHOULD have been arrested! WTF

I forgot how everyone see cops as GODS right? So I should have bowed down kisssed his A$$, never stood up for myself even when I don't think I was in the wrong! It was OK for him to yell scream and be a compleate A$$ to me from the GET GO! And I'm now in the wrong for it ALL!!!

If you were in my shoes I'm sure some of you would have acted diffrent and not all would have done what I did but when You know you didn't do anything wrong then like I don't think I did then I guess you would all just bow down and kiss his a$$ which is what cops want!!

Once she had parked and walked that far, I don't understand the need to go ask him 'when was he going to move'. That's seems antagonistic to me. She could have easily walked on into the bank, done her business and went home.

UMmmm DUH did you read where I said the bank was CLOSED???? And that the girl was locking the doors I guess had seen what was going on and unlocked the doors for me and another lady that was trying to get to the teller windows that are open for 30 more mins past the time that the inside of the bank is open.....She didn't have to let us in but I guess she was being nice...when I walked up to the cop I didn't know she was gonna be nice and let us in....

he may have been blocking the drive up lanes for a reason?? I know we sometimes did that on both sides of the drive thru when they were servicing or taking deposits out or putting money in the ATM... you never can tell WHY he was parked that way.

he was blocking the road that went to the lanes he wasn't parked in front of the acual lanes. He was finishin up giving someone a freakin traffic ticket and that person had left and he was sitting in his truck writting papers.

I agree with everyone here who says you were in the wrong. After you parked the car and had time to walk into the bank, there was no need to go up to his window and ask him to move. He must have had a reason for being there.

Telling him to kiss your ass was a little tacky as well. It doesn't matter if you omitted the word "ass" out or not, we all know what you meant.

He probably wanted your keys because you were being obnoxious about turning your radio up and not listening to him while he was asking for your DL and he wanted the car off.

In your haste to one-up him, you tried to slam your car door shut in his face and ended up hitting him in the leg. That IS assault.

Anyway, ya, I think you were wrong. Your damn lucky you didn't get arrested or tazered.

Again people did you NOT read where the bank was C L O S E D? As for not listening to him Ummm, no I'm not going to sit there and listen to someone yell at me inches from my face so bad that they are spittin on me! I asked him time & time again nicely to please back away and to stop screaming at me. I didn't want to listen to him AFTER I asked for another officer. Since I wanted someone else there that was MUCH calmer than him and I'm sorry but I had EVERY right to request another officer!! I also tried to shut my door again when he back away from my truck and it was freakin freezing outside. I didn't mean for the door to hit him so I don't see that as assault! If he and you guys want to take that way than whatever....If It was you, you would see it diffrently too!

Good hell I feel like I'm already in the damn court house.............

MsLynn
01-22-2009, 11:03 PM
he was blocking the road that went to the lanes he wasn't parked in front of the acual lanes. He was finishin up giving someone a freakin traffic ticket and that person had left and he was sitting in his truck writting papers.

OK..... If you interrupted him while he was giving someone else a ticket, then you were INTERFERRING WITH AN OFFICER IN THE PERFORMANCE OF HIS DUTIES.. which is also a crime.

you can complain all you want, but your attitude had alot to do with how you were treated.... you know when you post on here everyone isn't going to agree with you. no i don't think all cops are gods.. i've arrested one of the officers i worked with for years.. why because HE COMMITED A CRIME.

atprm
01-22-2009, 11:13 PM
I asked him nicely if he was going to be moving his car or if he could move his car up a bit so that me & other people could be able to get into the bank tellers. He acted like I demanded him to move. My opinion is that he had no right to start yelling at me from the get go..he could have said. Hey give me a min or two and yes, I will be moving or hey my bad I didn't notice I was blocking the road. If it was something major i'm sure more cops would have been there.

I had my car started BEFORE he was even at my car yelling at me

His car was NEVER behind mine or facing mine until later before all the other cops got there he went and moved his and turned it around which is AFTER all the other stuff happened.

Oh my Freakin He!! People you act like I meant to hit him with the door!!!! he was moved out of the way like I said the door barely even got him and I didn't do it on purpose!!!

Heck you all act like you want to see me go to jail!!! WOW glad I posted this.....I asked for suggestions NOT to be beated down and told that I SHOULD have been arrested! WTF

I forgot how everyone see cops as GODS right? So I should have bowed down kisssed his A$$, never stood up for myself even when I don't think I was in the wrong! It was OK for him to yell scream and be a compleate A$$ to me from the GET GO! And I'm now in the wrong for it ALL!!!

If you were in my shoes I'm sure some of you would have acted diffrent and not all would have done what I did but when You know you didn't do anything wrong then like I don't think I did then I guess you would all just bow down and kiss his a$$ which is what cops want!!

UMmmm DUH did you read where I said the bank was CLOSED???? And that the girl was locking the doors I guess had seen what was going on and unlocked the doors for me and another lady that was trying to get to the teller windows that are open for 30 more mins past the time that the inside of the bank is open.....She didn't have to let us in but I guess she was being nice...when I walked up to the cop I didn't know she was gonna be nice and let us in....

Again people did you NOT read where the bank was C L O S E D? As for not listening to him Ummm, no I'm not going to sit there and listen to someone yell at me inches from my face so bad that they are spittin on me! I asked him time & time again nicely to please back away and to stop screaming at me. I didn't want to listen to him AFTER I asked for another officer. Since I wanted someone else there that was MUCH calmer than him and I'm sorry but I had EVERY right to request another officer!! I also tried to shut my door again when he back away from my truck and it was freakin freezing outside. I didn't mean for the door to hit him so I don't see that as assault! If he and you guys want to take that way than whatever....If It was you, you would see it diffrently too!

Good hell I feel like I'm already in the damn court house.............

:rolleyes:

You certainly have a quick temper -- and if this was the display that you put on for both sets of police officers (sherriff and city), I am surprised you did not get tasered.

Ok, we get it, the cop was blocking your path -- you couldn't park your truck and go knock on the door of the bank or use the atm machine...or better yet go to another branch? (and in your own words "DUH!" )

I have heard of one horse towns, but never one bank towns.

I highly recommend you pay for a really good attorney, because I am certain that the sherriff will have the city police officers on his side and you don't stand a chance.

In my state, hitting a police officer is a FELONY, and is not JAIL...it's PRISON...plus making threats (telling him to kiss your ass was really smart -- NOT), belligerant behavior, turning up your radio to drown him out, refusing to provide identification are all just causes to be arrested -- period.

Like I said before -- you should have complied with his requests and duked it out later in court, there was no need for your belligerant behavior.

In my opinion, you got yourself into this mess, but you are gonna need a damn good lawyer to get you out of it.

But you posted this on BBS -- you were hoping for the coddling, I'm sorry, huggy huggy, kissy kissy response...and you got exactly opposite... you might not like what you hear, but you need to hear it before a judge tells it to you!

lucimPI
01-22-2009, 11:18 PM
Just a post script to my above post--who was the "woman" in the passenger seat of his car. Was she another officer and if she was, did she feel that there was no need for her to get out? Was she a prisoner, a witness to something? There are alot of questions here but no answers.

fleabones3
01-22-2009, 11:52 PM
Just because he is a cop, doesnt mean he has the right to verbally assault her as he did just because she asked him to move. if she verbally assaulted him for saying kiss mine, which is not against the law, he verbally assaulted her first by screaming and hollering. Thats even recorded by 911. The moment she requested another officer to be there, he should have called back up, or called back up when she refused to show her DL, which, I do agree, she should have.
I do agree cops have a hard job and are put in dangerous situations, but walking up to his window to ask him to move is not illegal. I have walked up to cops in their cars several times. as long as you show you have nothing in your hands that could hurt them. Cops are NOT always in the right,and just because they are cops do not mean they can act or say whatever they want. He should have also called in a female officer. I know more cops who are dirty, than good ones. Our good sherriff here was the biggest drug dealer in town. He was busted with a meth lab in his regular car.
OP, I do agree with the others that you should have given him the ID. You could have just done what he asked, then drove to the police station and filed a report on him.
I am not saying he was more in the right than you, but when you are fighting the police dept, you are more likely than not to be out on the losing end. Get yourself a good lawyer and good luck

hblueeyes
01-23-2009, 12:38 AM
I have given the police a piece of my mind many times. But when they are obviously jerks or unpofessional, I take notes, right in front of them. I also name drop about the chief but since he took a new job it doesnt work with the newbies but I usually do not have problems with the police. I once pulled up to a cop and asked him to remove his ha because I wanted to kno if he was bald. When he admittwed to me he was, which ws obvious even with his hat on I started ranting and ravig at him for almost running over my son on his way to school. The cop remained professional, polite and apologetic as I ranted on. It became hard to be mad at him while he apologized and admitted he was wrong and I thanked him and told him what to do in the future if he ws ever in that situation again. I saw no need after bit**ing him out o turn him in or even report the incident.

But I think standing your ground when you believe you are right is usually the way to go as long as you ar prepared to go the distance. Sometimes it is hard to choose which battles to wage war over. You made your choice right or wrong and I wish you luck in court. Sounds to me that this cop will be lying because he was totally off beat and unprofessional.

me

Quaker_Parrots
01-23-2009, 02:20 AM
who was the "woman" in the passenger seat of his car. Was she another officer and if she was, did she feel that there was no need for her to get out? Was she a prisoner, a witness to something? There are alot of questions here but no answers.

I was thinking the same thing. Also, could she be the person he was giving the ticket to?

Bliss
01-23-2009, 03:15 AM
Assult on an office is not a fine, it is jail time and possibly prison time. You never talked to the police or go to court without a lawyer, unless it is just to pay a speeding ticket of course.

If she's found guilty they can fine her or place her in prison for up to a year for assaulting an officer.

She can always ask for a public defender if she cannot afford a lawyer.

justme23
01-23-2009, 03:15 AM
Actually, as far as I know, telling a cop to basically kiss your ass is some kind of assault. I know (well, I don't know, to be honest... but I have been told this by more than one person) where I live it is illegal to flip them off, which in my mind would fall in the same category.

DezaRay24
01-23-2009, 04:53 AM
Just a post script to my above post--who was the "woman" in the passenger seat of his car. Was she another officer and if she was, did she feel that there was no need for her to get out? Was she a prisoner, a witness to something? There are alot of questions here but no answers.

She was a plain clothes person more likely a wife or GF. I think I knocked him off his high horse in front of his woman & he got all butt hurt & wanted tpo prove what a tuff guy he is.

DezaRay24
01-23-2009, 05:32 AM
:rolleyes:

You certainly have a quick temper -- and if this was the display that you put on for both sets of police officers (sherriff and city), I am surprised you did not get tasered.

Ok, we get it, the cop was blocking your path -- you couldn't park your truck and go knock on the door of the bank or use the atm machine...or better yet go to another branch? (and in your own words "DUH!" )

I have heard of one horse towns, but never one bank towns.

I highly recommend you pay for a really good attorney, because I am certain that the sherriff will have the city police officers on his side and you don't stand a chance.

In my state, hitting a police officer is a FELONY, and is not JAIL...it's PRISON...plus making threats (telling him to kiss your ass was really smart -- NOT), belligerant behavior, turning up your radio to drown him out, refusing to provide identification are all just causes to be arrested -- period.

Like I said before -- you should have complied with his requests and duked it out later in court, there was no need for your belligerant behavior.

In my opinion, you got yourself into this mess, but you are gonna need a damn good lawyer to get you out of it.

But you posted this on BBS -- you were hoping for the coddling, I'm sorry, huggy huggy, kissy kissy response...and you got exactly opposite... you might not like what you hear, but you need to hear it before a judge tells it to you!

I NEVER asked for hugs & kisses nor did I ask for everyone to take my side in this matter! I asked for Suggestions & I'm mostly getting opinions of you should have been arrested, pepper sprayed, taz'd, etc.....I didn't ask for opinons I asked for suggestions there IS a diff between those.

As far as going to another bank the next closest one is over 30 mins away in 5 o'clock traffic & I needed a to speak with a teller not an ATM machine!

DezaRay24
01-23-2009, 05:50 AM
Actually, as far as I know, telling a cop to basically kiss your ass is some kind of assault. I know (well, I don't know, to be honest... but I have been told this by more than one person) where I live it is illegal to flip them off, which in my mind would fall in the same category.

Ok so does this apply also to us regular folks? So if I was walking down the street & someone called me a B!tch or told me to kiss theirs I could file assault charges on them? Or does it only apply to the law officers? I'm sorry but it sounds so stupid & silly to charge someone with assault just for words! I mean they need to get a back bone if they can't handle it.

buttrfli
01-23-2009, 06:02 AM
Ok so does this apply also to us regular folks? So if I was walking down the street & someone called me a B!tch or told me to kiss theirs I could file assault charges on them? Or does it only apply to the law officers? I'm sorry but it sounds so stupid & silly to charge someone with assault just for words! I mean they need to get a back bone if they can't handle it.

Depends on where you live and your laws. If you live in Oklahoma, that is considered verbal assult and you can be arrested. BTDT

I would definitely get a lawyer. Preferably one from the next town over if you live ina "Good 'Ole Boys" county.

Bliss
01-23-2009, 06:03 AM
Okay so this is a Freakin long, story...
I wanted suggestions

Well here is the KICKER IN THE A$$!!!! I’m being charged with assaulting and officer!!! With what??? My car door??? I’m sooooooooo livid!!

Well that night I went home and my hand swelled up pretty bad but not to where you could see it in photos I could just feel it when I made a fist and I had a bruise and a bump above my pointer finger, and my wrist and middle and pointer finger hurt really bad. I did go to the doctor they took X-rays but didn’t find any fractures and think that the damage is muscle and tissue damage mostly. Well, they wrapped my hand in a bandage and gave me pain killers and a anti inflammatory.

Well, I want to file charges back on the officer for assaulting me as well as file a formal complaint against him. I think he went over and beyond and just got down right Psycho and big headed about being a cop!

There are so many things he could and should have done different. Ya I’m not saying me telling him to “Kiss Mine” was all that appropriate but it could have been nipped in the butt with him saying “hey I don’t appreciated your comment to me”.

I also don’t know if I can charge him with anything else like trying to contain me there or forcefully taking my keys. I also have the 911 tape recording that shows him yelling at me and the bank I'm sure has the whole parking lot taped so you can see that I never touched his sorry butt! So if anyone has any suggestions I would love em!

You saying "kiss mine" only provoked the officer. Without you saying "kiss mine" none of this would have transpired like it did. The blame lays upon your shoulders. I understand you thought you were in the right by walking up to a police officers vehicle and asking him to move. He could have been parked there for a reason - maybe the person with him broke the law and he was tending to the person. You don't know what was going on...

You can speak with a lawyer or talk to the district attorney and explain your matter. Yes, you can file a complaint against the officer.

freeby4me
01-23-2009, 06:05 AM
I am very confused. I feel like stuff is being left out of this. When you pulled up, how long did you wait for him to move. EXACTLY, what did you say when you walked up to his car? EXACTLY, what happened next? WHAT EXACTLY was he yelling? Because you saying "You knocked him off his high horse in front of his woman" and thats why he acted that way doesnt make sense if he started off yelling.
Why didnt someone inside call the police if they saw and heard him "yelling and screaming" at you for no reason?
I also feel like once you told him to "kiss mine" and he asked for your ID you knew right then that you had done wrong and were going to get in trouble. RIght then you should have handed over the ID and asked for another officer. To refuse is flat out against the law.
Just because you say you wouldnt have ran does not mean that the cop SHOULD think that you wont. Thinking that way will get them killed.

I also dont feel like anyone on here feels like cops are gods gifts on earth and that you should have "kissed his ass" because he's a cop but darn girl, you are in a world of **** now.
They are right. You need a lawyer NOW. You royally effed up and you better find yourself a damn good lawyer to save your behind. I'm not trying to be mean but your story on here does not make full sense. It feels like something is left out.

BeanieLuvR
01-23-2009, 06:08 AM
I think you had better get a good lawyer. I don't think it was unreasonable of you to ask him to move so you guys could get to the drive thru. I feel he did not act professionally if he immediately started yelling at you when you were making a simple request. I have stopped my car got out and walked up to a police car to ask the policeman's opinion on something and had no problem. He rolled his window down when I got to his car and we talked. I do think though that you should not have told him to kiss mine. It sounds like it escalated from there and he could have tasered you when you were struggling with him over the keys. Hopefully security tapes will show that you hit his leg accidentally. I think this is going to be messy and you are going to need legal help. There is no way I would go into court by myself after all that happened.

baragabrat
01-23-2009, 06:21 AM

I would have been scared sh!tless and would have done (in that situation) whaever he asked of me. Had I incurred that kind of wrath (for whatever reason) I would have apologized all over myself. I don't think it WAS okay for him to behave in that manner, yet for you to behave in the manner in which you did only accelerated the situation to what it became.

Everyone is saying, get a lawyer. So, get a lawyer. If you post anything on this site, you must be prepared to hear opinions as well as the suggestions that you did get. You've been a member here long enough to know this. I really don't understand why you are surprised at the type of response you got.

I believe you were upset because you didn't get people to tell you, "I would have done the same thing in your shoes." Well, I wouldn't and no one who's posted in this thread would either.

This is a scary situation and I believe that once you get to court, that you need to apologize big time. This isn't about being 'right' anymore. It's about not serving time anywhere and and ending up with a record. I do wish you good luck with this.

Willow
01-23-2009, 06:25 AM
Get a good lawyer as the others have said. I would never have walked up to a police car unless it was an emergency. Telling a cop to kiss mine probably isn't the smartest thing to do even if he was being a jerk. When a cop asks for your ID you really shouldn't argue with him. They have a right to ask for it even if you've done nothing wrong. If someone was driving down the road and a cop car was coming up behind them flashing their lights wanting them to pull over and they didn't because they didn't feel they were doing anything wrong they would be in a lot of trouble.

galeane29
01-23-2009, 06:48 AM
He was being an ass when he would not move his car, what an idiot! And I for one don't believe all officers are innocent. I have known some to think you should kiss their ass because of a badge. Everyone reacts differently in situations. I probably would have said kiss mine also, but who knows. Get a lawyer, this kind of thing will send you to jail.

We had a cop pull us over last weekend and was ready to give us a ticket for a paper plate. We tried to explain to him we were TEST DRIVING the damn thing, we even had the stickers in the windows and writing on the front window with the price DUH!

DezaRay24
01-23-2009, 06:55 AM
I am very confused. I feel like stuff is being left out of this. When you pulled up, how long did you wait for him to move. EXACTLY, what did you say when you walked up to his car? EXACTLY, what happened next? WHAT EXACTLY was he yelling? Because you saying "You knocked him off his high horse in front of his woman" and thats why he acted that way doesnt make sense if he started off yelling.
Why didnt someone inside call the police if they saw and heard him "yelling and screaming" at you for no reason?
I also feel like once you told him to "kiss mine" and he asked for your ID you knew right then that you had done wrong and were going to get in trouble. RIght then you should have handed over the ID and asked for another officer. To refuse is flat out against the law.
Just because you say you wouldnt have ran does not mean that the cop SHOULD think that you wont. Thinking that way will get them killed.

I also dont feel like anyone on here feels like cops are gods gifts on earth and that you should have "kissed his ass" because he's a cop but darn girl, you are in a world of **** now.
They are right. You need a lawyer NOW. You royally effed up and you better find yourself a damn good lawyer to save your behind. I'm not trying to be mean but your story on here does not make full sense. It feels like something is left out.

Well your more than welcome to read the story again. I didn't leave really anything out. I also said Kiss mine way before he even asked for my DL. I said it before I walked in the bank.

As far as what he was yelling after I asked if he was was going to move. He just yelled that I was puttin his life danger & that I shouldn't demand that he move. He just kept yelling as I walked off I didn't pay that close attention to the rest of his rant.

pepperpot
01-23-2009, 07:02 AM
I don't think anyone here has said that the officer wasn't an idiot or that they are gods. However, when one comes across an 'idiot' who has more authority than you do....your wisest action would be to shut your mouth, comply and then go to his superior and address the issue in a calm, polite and coherent manner. (admittedly hard to do at times)

That is the gist of advice and 'bashing' that I am hearing.

But, now that you are in the situation you are in......you need to get an attorney.

atprm
01-23-2009, 07:20 AM
I NEVER asked for hugs & kisses nor did I ask for everyone to take my side in this matter! I asked for Suggestions & I'm mostly getting opinions of you should have been arrested, pepper sprayed, taz'd, etc.....I didn't ask for opinons I asked for suggestions there IS a diff between those.

As far as going to another bank the next closest one is over 30 mins away in 5 o'clock traffic & I needed a to speak with a teller not an ATM machine!

I think you should take the advice you gave Freeby4me and read the posts again.

No one ever said you SHOULD get taz'd or sprayed...

what we said was you are LUCKY YOU DIDN"T!!

SLance68
01-23-2009, 07:22 AM
I am very surprised you were not taken to jail. If you really want you can file a grievance against him and they will do an internal investigation. Don't expect it to go in your favor you broke several laws and they were nice enough to not charge you with them all. Battery on a LEO is a felony and it can come with jail time, probation and fines. If you can afford an attorney you really should get one soon. I know you feel that what you did was ok but it really wasn't. I am sure once you speak with an attorney they will be able to advise you the best course of action regarding this charge. I am really surprised they didn't add a few more charges on to just the one. They were being generous with only charging the one item. Good luck.

atprm
01-23-2009, 07:23 AM

actually, Michigan has a cursing law... it's 101 years old (or more), but someone was charged with cursing not too long ago and went to jail.

http://laws.justsick****.com/michigan-stupid-laws/

Mom2-3boys
01-23-2009, 07:32 AM
Well your more than welcome to read the story again. I didn't leave really anything out. I also said Kiss mine way before he even asked for my DL. I said it before I walked in the bank.

As far as what he was yelling after I asked if he was was going to move. He just yelled that I was puttin his life danger & that I shouldn't demand that he move. He just kept yelling as I walked off I didn't pay that close attention to the rest of his rant.

I guess had it been me ( if I had enough nerve to walk up to an officer and ask him to move) once he started yelling and the teller opened the door for me to come in and get things taken care of I would have shut my mouth and left it alone. I would NOT have had to throw out the "Kiss Mine" before walking in, but then that wasn't even enough for you you had to comment "so inconvenient" . Big effin' deal that you had to walk into the bank and do what you needed to @ least the teller opened the door for you! You could have avoided all this by buttoning your lip to the officer no he wasn't in the right for screaming and yelling at you....but dang you brought the rest on by yourself!

LuvBigRip
01-23-2009, 07:40 AM
I guess I just don't understand why you think you are even close to being in the right. The other person who was inconvinienced by this same officer, walked away. It was the grown up thing to do. In your anger, you acted childishly. Turning up your radio was the equivalant of Nyah nyah nyah I can't hear you. Playing tug of war with your key's was another. You should have complied, and if you felt you were unlawfully detained, you could file a report.

Honestly, the best course of action is to comply with an officer.

It is too bad that you cannot see what the people here see, you were wrong. In the course of doing his duty, if you even touch an officer, you can be charged with assault, that includes his K9 inf they have one.,

ssgjeg
01-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but even accidentally hitting him with the door is still assault. And yes I agree with everyone else the situation could have been avoided if you had kept quiet and went about your business. I wouldn't even have approached him to move. Just gone to the bank the next day. It would have inconvienced me but my motto is to avoid cops like they have the plague. Unless I need them of course. If I don't mess with them then they have no need to mess with me.

Urban Cowgirl
01-23-2009, 08:47 AM
What I don't get is;

If you politely asked him to move and he just wigged out....why would he pursue it and file charges against you?

Once the tapes from his car are reviewed wouldn't his superiors see that he innappropriately flipped out on the polite lady that just asked him a question?

If he was really in the wrong here, I would think he would have just let it go and hope that you did not report him.

Of course its possible he got caught up in the moment, as it seems that you did, and neither of you were smart enough to shut your traps. In the end, it seems that no matter who started it...you've gotten yourself into some hot water. Hope everything works out for you.

Trust me, I can really run my mouth when I get PO'ed but you have to know when to shut it.

MsLynn
01-23-2009, 08:47 AM
I'm just gonna say... even if the officer was the one who started yelling at you.. the fact thatYOU smarted off,YOU tried to shut the door KNOWING he was standing in the way, you will more than likely be found guilty of assault. the fact that YOU failed to comply numerous times by your own admission, escalated the situation to the point you were charged.

You probably won't have to supeona the bank surveillance tapes, I'm sure the Police dept will have that done. they will have no choice but to let your attorney view them too..so that part is taken care of. so with that and the recording from the lapel mic that goes with the dash cam i'm sure the officer had... it will all come out in court. however, the officers behavior will not excuse yours or get you out of the charges.

evrita
01-23-2009, 10:25 AM
How could he have moved when he was giving someone a ticket and do we know if he knew this person was wanted ect? I dont kiss cops butts I dunno I would get a lawyer sounds like your going to really need it. Also the one bank town comment that would be the town I live in LMAO.

BrightEyes
01-23-2009, 10:32 AM

I also have the 911 tape recording that shows him yelling

Is it possible to get a copy of a 911 tape in less than a weeks time? In what sounds like a matter of a couple of days? Anyhow here is a website you might want to read.

What to do if you are a victim of police misconduct in UTAH

http://www.acluutah.org/policemisconduct.pdf

Urban Cowgirl
01-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Is it possible to get a copy of a 911 tape in less than a weeks time? In what sounds like a matter of a couple of days? Anyhow here is a website you might want to read.

What to do if you are a victim of police misconduct in UTAH

http://www.acluutah.org/policemisconduct.pdf

Bright eyes.........are you in Maine? If not your twin lives here. LOL

BrightEyes
01-23-2009, 11:08 AM
I am in WV, have only been to Maine once that was when I was in middle school :)

Wimzik
01-23-2009, 11:28 AM
I'm really trying to understand your side of this but I just can't, I mean if it happened to me and there was a cop blocking the drive through with someone in the passenger seat, I would assume that he was working and not just parked there to inconvenience me, so I can't imagine going up to him and asking him to move, and IF I did(If really really needed to take care of a transaction at that moment) I would be extremely polite and start off with im sorry to bother you...
I certainly wouldn't give him any attitude, and if he got pissy with me I would just be on my way, I don't really see how making a smartass remark back was standing up for yourself, that was just instigating.
Asking you for your drivers license is procedure, he had every right to do that, and no offense, but just reading your account of the events, your attitude and your actions, he had every right to try to take your keys, for resisting to comply.
You asked for everything you got, you really have no case, I'm sorry but even if he was out of line, your actions (or reactions) are all he needs to justify his actions as an officer. In other words by resisting, by turning up the music, closing your door and hitting his leg or whatever, you gave him all the evidence he needs. Everyone here is just trying to tell you for your own good to drop the attitude because it's not going to get you anywhere, get some legal advice and focus on getting your butt out of what you got yourself into.

DezaRay24
01-23-2009, 11:38 AM
Well, when all charges are dropped I will let you all know cuz if I was Sooo in the wrong I don't get why he didn't arrest me right then and there. He knows he was just as much in the wrong & I think that is why he didn't arrest me but needed to find something/anything to charge me with and pulled assualt charges out of his A$$!

I have an appt to speak with his boss tomorrow & I'm sure they don't want something like this going to court since it is all just blowed up.

iluvmybaby
01-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Well, when all charges are dropped I will let you all know cuz if I was Sooo in the wrong I don't get why he didn't arrest me right then and there. He knows he was just as much in the wrong & I think that is why he didn't arrest me but needed to find something/anything to charge me with and pulled assualt charges out of his A$$!

I have an appt to speak with his boss tomorrow & I'm sure they don't want something like this going to court since it is all just blowed up.

If you go to his office without a lawyer, you are hanging yourself and you might as well pack your chit and get ready to go to jail. Your attitude stinks, if you dont realize that you are are tightening the noose around your with every word/action you are partaking on. You never touch a police office, you never curse at a police officer, you always answer politelly ((yes Sir, no Sir)). If you want to fry, then go ahead and do whatever you are going to do, the charges arent going to be dropped. Remember this, before you get an attitude with a cop, that they are what stand in between you and crimnals. They work long hours with very little pay, they place their lives in danger day in and day out. Not all cops are jerks. So, I suggest you eat crow, and apologize and try to plea bargain down. I dont think that you are going to do it tho, because you were like me when you were younger, you have to be "RIGHT"

LuvBigRip
01-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Oh, I believe it is all blown out of proportion all right.

atprm
01-23-2009, 11:49 AM

how is it again that you have the 911 tapes less than 5 business days after the incident?

as far as going to court, the PD has all the time in the world -- most of them are a patient brood -- what is that saying?? Oh yeah, give someone enough rope and they will eventually hang themself. I doubt you talking to his supervisor will do you much good on your current charges -- did you contact an attorney??

Honestly though... the attitude that pours from your posts here -- if that was even remotely displayed (and I still believe you have a hot temper) is what got you where you are.

You said even the city police were "rude" to you --

ahippiechic
01-23-2009, 11:52 AM
I assaulted someone and the charges were dropped. Doesn't mean you didn't do it, lol!

Njean31
01-23-2009, 11:57 AM
how is it again that you have the 911 tapes less than 5 business days after the incident?

as far as going to court, the PD has all the time in the world -- most of them are a patient brood -- what is that saying?? Oh yeah, give someone enough rope and they will eventually hang themself. I doubt you talking to his supervisor will do you much good on your current charges -- did you contact an attorney??

Honestly though... the attitude that pours from your posts here -- if that was even remotely displayed (and I still believe you have a hot temper) is what got you where you are.

You said even the city police were "rude" to you --

some people just have to learn the hard way and most will eventually. hopefully, op WILL... throughout her upcoming experience with the court systems and fines.

DezaRay24
01-23-2009, 12:02 PM
If you go to his office without a lawyer, you are hanging yourself and you might as well pack your chit and get ready to go to jail. Your attitude stinks, if you dont realize that you are are tightening the noose around your with every word/action you are partaking on. You never touch a police office, you never curse at a police officer, you always answer politelly ((yes Sir, no Sir)). If you want to fry, then go ahead and do whatever you are going to do, the charges arent going to be dropped. Remember this, before you get an attitude with a cop, that they are what stand in between you and crimnals. They work long hours with very little pay, they place their lives in danger day in and day out. Not all cops are jerks. So, I suggest you eat crow, and apologize and try to plea bargain down. I dont think that you are going to do it tho, because you were like me when you were younger, you have to be "RIGHT"

1st I'm not going to his office he is calling me. I already spoke with him today over the phone but it was his day off. Yes, charges can be dropped on anyone for any reasons. Not everyone that is charged is found guilty...

Ya but nobody asked them to become a cop...they choose to do it.

And no I'm sorry that old way of thinking that if somone that is is older than me or has a badge I automatically have to respect them is just plain dumb. I will respect people when they show me the same respect they would like to have givin to them. He didn’t show me respect from the get go! I didn’t walk up to his window rude and demanding that he moved. I was in a really good mood it was Friday night I was going to get food for me and my son and chill out. I asked him very nice and in a nice tone of voice regards to him blocking the road. He was the one who choose to fly off the handle and yell and scream at me 1st I reacted to his reaction and ya my temper went quickly too. But right there he had NO respect for me. I wasn’t being rude to him by asking there is NO law against asking right?? Didn’t think so…

DezaRay24
01-23-2009, 12:03 PM
some people just have to learn the hard way and most will eventually. hopefully, op WILL... throughout her upcoming experience with the court systems and fines.

WOW thanks for the great comment! I'm so glad you want me to be charged. I should made the same nasty comment to you next time something bad happens to you or your family!!

DezaRay24
01-23-2009, 12:05 PM
-

Ummmm when did I EVER say I had the 911 tapes???? I don't recall ever saying that....I said there are 911 tapes because I called 911 but I NEVER said I have them....don't put words in my mouth to try to make me look like I lied about it cuz I never said it....

atprm
01-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Ummmm when did I EVER say I had the 911 tapes???? I don't recall ever saying that....I said there are 911 tapes because I called 911 but I NEVER said I have them....don't put words in my mouth to try to make me look like I lied about it cuz I never said it....

actually you did say you had them... in your last paragraph of your first post

I also don’t know if I can charge him with anything else like trying to contain me there or forcefully taking my keys. I also have the 911 tape recording that shows him yelling at me and the bank I'm sure has the whole parking lot taped so you can see that I never touched his sorry butt! So if anyone has any suggestions I would love em!

DezaRay24
01-23-2009, 12:20 PM
actually you did say you had them... in your last paragraph of your first post

Okay I'm saying that I have them that I can also use to show him yelling at me NOT that I physically have them in hand way to take it Literally.............

atprm
01-23-2009, 12:28 PM
but you don't "have" them -- it's not possible to even GET them yet.

They won't be available until at LEAST 8 business days have past since the call was placed.

So you did say you have the tape recording -- but you don't ... and no one put those words in your mouth, except for you.

(myself and one other person pointed that flaw in your story out -- but you didn't even address her.)

cabby92
01-23-2009, 12:29 PM
So if anyone has any suggestions I would love em!

Ask about anger management classes as part of your deal.

LuvBigRip
01-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Actually, if he was still in his vehicle finishing his paperwork, you were interfering with his duties, and yes, there IS a law against that.

You even stated you knew that is what he was doing.

sandooch
01-23-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm sorry, DezaRay, I would love to agree with you on this one, but I can't. Saying "Kiss mine" is basically saying "Kiss my Ass." As pissed off at the officer as I would have been, I would never mutter that anywhere within him being able to hear it. Yes, many cops have a big ego and blow some things out of proportion. Knowing this, was it really worth it to instigate things?

Next time a cop ticks you off, better to hold it in and let it out with out friends and family.

I am sorry and do hope it all works out for you.

ahippiechic
01-23-2009, 01:02 PM
1st I'm not going to his office he is calling me. I already spoke with him today over the phone but it was his day off. Yes, charges can be dropped on anyone for any reasons. Not everyone that is charged is found guilty...

Ya but nobody asked them to become a cop...they choose to do it.

And no I'm sorry that old way of thinking that if somone that is is older than me or has a badge I automatically have to respect them is just plain dumb. I will respect people when they show me the same respect they would like to have givin to them. He didn’t show me respect from the get go! I didn’t walk up to his window rude and demanding that he moved. I was in a really good mood it was Friday night I was going to get food for me and my son and chill out. I asked him very nice and in a nice tone of voice regards to him blocking the road. He was the one who choose to fly off the handle and yell and scream at me 1st I reacted to his reaction and ya my temper went quickly too. But right there he had NO respect for me. I wasn’t being rude to him by asking there is NO law against asking right?? Didn’t think so…

You don't have to respect anyone, but you don't have to be so confrontational either. He was a dick...so what? Was all this trouble worth it?

You made several rude comments to a cop who wasn't doing anything to you.

You failed to comply to his request to see your DL (which is a crime)

You failed to hand over your keys when asked (which is a crime)

And somehow, in all this crap, he gets hit by your door. (which can be a crime)

They may drop all the charges against you, but if I had done any of that crap, then got in trouble over it, I wouldn't be beyotching about it. I'd be thinking that I was lucky I wasn't sitting in one the tent jails out here.

Would have been so much easier to show your DL and then file a complaint against him later.

IthinkNOT!
01-23-2009, 01:20 PM
I have not said that I hoped you would go to jail for this, I did say that had that happened here, you would have been arrested, if you were lucky, or tazered if you were unlucky.

In all honesty though, people who behave the way you did are the reason that the cops have to be so tough. They never know when the person they are dealing with is just running their flap, or is actually going to take it to the next level.

And yes, most cops chose their jobs, and not for the paycheck, cause the paycheck isn't worth all that they do. But because they want to get criminals off the street and perhaps make the world a better place for someone. They did not choose that job in hopes of meeting you and filing fake charges.

fleabones3
01-23-2009, 01:23 PM
What's done is done- she cant go back and change it and rehashing and requoteing isnt going to do anything . Everyone has their opinion on this subject and beyotchin about it isnt going to do anything than stir up emotions and all that chit.

OP- right or wrong, all you can do now is try to fix it. Acknowledge your part in to the bossman, and remain calm cool and collected. Even if he pisses you off, DONT show it. That will be all the ammo they need. Go in with a lawyer. Try to plea out or volunteer anger management whatever it takes to keep your ass outta jail.

freeby4me
01-23-2009, 01:27 PM
You respect the position of authority.

JustDoIt
01-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Wow. Truly unbelievable. That you can't grasp the severity of the situation YOU put YOURSELF in.
I don't know why in the first place you felt the need to tell him to move his car. It's a cop car for cripe's sake, not just some ass parking where he doesn't belong. I highly doubt he had parked there for sh*ts and giggles.
But your attitude is what is most shocking. This is the second thread where you have mouthed off at people, yet proclaim innocence. I think your attitude sucks, and seriously? I think you deserve some time in the slammer. You were completley out of line, and wrong. In more ways then one. Turning up your stereo? Locking yourself in the truck? Playing tug-of-war with your keys?? WTF did you think was going to happen? That the other officewrs were going to show up, and put him in his place for yelling at you? Heck, you are lucky to have come away without injury.

You need anger managment classes, as someone previously stated. Because what is this whole incident showing your son? That it's OK to disrespect police officers? That mouthing off is fine? Whoa.

This thread is totally unfreaking believable.

hblueeyes
01-23-2009, 01:41 PM
The cop was blocking the roadway that led to the banks drive thru. I would have asked if I could go around or if he was moving soon too so I would know what I was doing. I see people all the time waiting for cops to move or something, no one really knows how to act. So why not ask? Cops are public servants, if I see one sitting in his car and I have a question, I can go up and ask. If he is busy, he will tell me. But he flipped out on her saying she was risking his life and all. If the person in the passenger side was a person of interest, then they should have been placed in the rear of the vehicle. Even victims are placed in the rear for the officers safety. So the officer did not follow protocal unless the person in the front was another officer which is the only one allowed to ride/sit in the front. The comment at the bank door of "Kiss Mine" was uncalled for, provoking and stupid. I would have said something like chill out or take a pill. The officers action afterward were also uncalled for and provoking. At that point, after the OP left the bank, everything is on the officer. I am unsure if I would have given him my license without questioning why and would have not after his poor explanation. I at that point would have called the police myself and asked for a more level headed officer, knowing that there is no guarantee of that. I have gotten 911 tapes through the reedomof informatin act. Real simple, go ask at the village hall, fill out a basic form give it to them and they will call when it comes in. In my case the police refused to turnover the tape because they needed to protect the "integrity" of the 911 system. Made no sense to me and after 6 yars I am still trying to get that damn tape.

The police are put in very stressful situations everyday. That is why hey are trained to deal with all kinds of people. Some are better than others while some need that be in such a position, EVER. This officer needs some more training and both parties need some anger management.

Me

DezaRay24
01-23-2009, 01:42 PM
but you don't "have" them -- it's not possible to even GET them yet.

They won't be available until at LEAST 8 business days have past since the call was placed.

So you did say you have the tape recording -- but you don't ... and no one put those words in your mouth, except for you.

(myself and one other person pointed that flaw in your story out -- but you didn't even address her.)

Are you really that serious to believe that I really meant that I Physically have the tapes??? AGAIN when I was saying that I have them I didn't mean I Physically have them in my freakin hands I meant that that I have them as a means to use to show that he ws freakin yelling at me!!

So when I also said I knocked him off his high horse where you thinking that he was really on a horse and I knocked him down off it?? DUH!!!

You really need to stop taking things so Literally!!!

In case you need help with that word

lit⋅er⋅al⋅ly   /ˈlɪtərəli/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [lit-er-uh-lee] Show IPA Pronunciation

–adverb
1. in the literal or strict sense: What does the word mean literally?
2. in a literal manner; word for word: to translate literally.
3. actually; without exaggeration or inaccuracy: The city was literally destroyed.
4. in effect; in substance; very nearly; virtually.

DezaRay24
01-23-2009, 01:45 PM
I don't know why in the first place you felt the need to tell him to move his car. It's a cop car for cripe's sake, not just some ass parking where he doesn't belong. I highly doubt he had parked there for sh*ts and giggles.

Because what is this whole incident showing your son? That it's OK to disrespect police officers? That mouthing off is fine? Whoa.

This thread is totally unfreaking believable.

I NEVER said that I told him to move his car I asked him if and when he was going to but never Demanded that he needed to move the car!!!

As for my son he wasn't there!!!

JustDoIt
01-23-2009, 01:45 PM
. At that point, after the OP left the bank, everything is on the officer.

Me

What??

I truly think that after she left the bank, it was HER fault it escalated to where it did. SHE chose to not give her license....SHE chose to turn the stereo up....SHE chose to tug at her keys....SHE chose to close the door to the truck, knowing the officer was there....SHE chose to lock herself in the truck.

HE chose to do his job, and I commend him for not pepper-spraying her, or tasering her.

SHE got off easy.

ssgjeg
01-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Suggestion and advice-

1. Lawyer

2. Written and oral apology

3. Anger management classes

4. Pray to God that the above keeps you out of serious trouble.

IthinkNOT!
01-23-2009, 01:48 PM
Are you really that serious to believe that I really meant that I Physically have the tapes??? AGAIN when I was saying that I have them I didn't mean I Physically have them in my freakin hands I meant that that I have them as a means to use to show that he ws freakin yelling at me!!

So when I also said I knocked him off his high horse where you thinking that he was really on a horse and I knocked him down off it?? DUH!!!

lit⋅er⋅al⋅ly   /ˈlɪtərəli/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [lit-er-uh-lee] Show IPA Pronunciation

–adverb
3. actually; without exaggeration or inaccuracy: The city was literally destroyed.
you did say you had the tapes. You posted this on a public message board, you got replies, you didn't like them, and now what? If you had only wanted to hear from people who agreed with you, then you should have noted that in your opening post. Maybe something like "opinions wanted, as long as you think I am right".

DezaRay24
01-23-2009, 01:51 PM
you did say you had the tapes. You posted this on a public message board, you got replies, you didn't like them, and now what? If you had only wanted to hear from people who agreed with you, then you should have noted that in your opening post. Maybe something like "opinions wanted, as long as you think I am right".

WOW your EDITED to think that I really meant that I phyically have the tapes are you that silly to think that is what I meant??? If you are than wow!!! I guess you would believe that I knocked him off his high horse too!! LMAO

LuvBigRip
01-23-2009, 01:52 PM
So, if we are only to take part of this literally, which parts should we totally disregard?

DezaRay24
01-23-2009, 01:53 PM
What??

I truly think that after she left the bank, it was HER fault it escalated to where it did. SHE chose to not give her license....SHE chose to turn the stereo up....SHE chose to tug at her keys....SHE chose to close the door to the truck, knowing the officer was there....SHE chose to lock herself in the truck.

HE chose to do his job, and I commend him for not pepper-spraying her, or tasering her.

SHE got off easy.

Why couldn't he back away out of my face when I asked him? If he would have been nice and backed away and stopped screaming and spitting in my face maybe I would have givin him the ID.

I turned the strero up after I told him we were done and i wanted another officer

I think he could have asked me to place my keys on the dash and not tried to forcefully take them.

He!! ya I'm gonna lock myself in my car from a freakin crazy a$$ cop

IthinkNOT!
01-23-2009, 01:57 PM
WOW your just as crazy to think that I really meant that I phyically have the tapes are you that silly to think that is what I meant??? If you are than wow!!! I guess you would believe that I knocked him off his high horse too!! LMAO
I am not there with you, if you tell me you have something, I have no reason not to believe you until you give me reason. Does that make me crazy?

SO which parts of your post are real? And which should we automatically understand are not real?

DezaRay24
01-23-2009, 01:58 PM
So, if we are only to take part of this literally, which parts should we totally disregard?

MY freakin bad how else would you have worded it??? The tapes are also on record? Well, duh ya we know they are on record...Umm the 911 place has the tapes I could get them if i needed too? I mean come on I know your not that stupid to believe I meant I physically had the damn tapes in my hands DUH !

Like I said in my heart I truly believe ALL charges with be dropped since he didn't arrest me right then and there on the spot!! And when they are I will post until then DONE! You can go on believeing that I'm in the wrong all you want I don't care. I really shouldn't have asked for SUGGESTIONS (not opinons) here since I know how RUDE people can be on this site.

So post all you want say whatever you want...............I know in my heart and I truly belive I won't be charged!

And now why has someone got to be stupid? If you already know how this site is, and how rude we all are, then why don't you go to another one, where perhaps people will bow down and kiss your behind, and tell you how right you are and how stupid the rest of the world is?

NEVER DID I ONCE SAY TO ANYONE HERE TO SEE MY POINT AS 100% RIGHT DID I??? NOPE AND NO I DDIN'T ASK ANYONE TO BOW DOWN TO ME.....DUH

IthinkNOT!
01-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Why couldn't he back away out of my face when I asked him? If he would have been nice and backed away and stopped screaming and spitting in my face maybe I would have givin him the ID.

I turned the strero up after I told him we were done and i wanted another officer

I think he could have asked me to place my keys on the dash and not tried to forcefully take them.

He!! ya I'm gonna lock myself in my car from a freakin crazy a$$ cop
ANd why couldn't you have kept your mouth shut in the first place?

IthinkNOT!
01-23-2009, 02:00 PM
MY freakin bad how else would you have worded it??? The tapes are also on record? Well, duh ya we know they are on record...Umm the 911 place has the tapes I could get them if i needed too? I mean come on I know your not that stupid to believe I meant I physically had the damn tapes in my hands DUH !

Like I said in my heart I truly believe ALL charges with be dropped since he didn't arrest me right then and there on the spot!! And when they are I will post until then DONE! You can go on believeing that I'm in the wrong all you want I don't care. I really shouldn't have asked for SUGGESTIONS (not opinons) here since I know how RUDE people can be on this site.

So post all you want say whatever you want...............I know in my heart and I truly belive I won't be charged!
And now why has someone got to be stupid? If you already know how this site is, and how rude we all are, then why don't you go to another one, where perhaps people will bow down and kiss your behind, and tell you how right you are and how stupid the rest of the world is?

IthinkNOT!
01-23-2009, 02:02 PM

NEVER DID I ONCE SAY TO ANYONE HERE TO SEE MY POINT AS 100% RIGHT DID I??? NOPE AND NO I DDIN'T ASK ANYONE TO BOW DOWN TO ME.....DUH
Plus they could have been using that time in between the incident and the charges being brought, to look at the surveillance tapes and see how everything happened. Just because they didn't charge you right that minute doesn't mean it wont stick. I don't think there is any statute of limitations on assault charges.

pepperpot
01-23-2009, 02:06 PM
The cop was blocking the roadway that led to the banks drive thru. I would have asked if I could go around or if he was moving soon too so I would know what I was doing. I see people all the time waiting for cops to move or something, no one really knows how to act. So why not ask? Cops are public servants, if I see one sitting in his car and I have a question, I can go up and ask. If he is busy, he will tell me. But he flipped out on her saying she was risking his life and all. If the person in the passenger side was a person of interest, then they should have been placed in the rear of the vehicle. Even victims are placed in the rear for the officers safety. So the officer did not follow protocal unless the person in the front was another officer which is the only one allowed to ride/sit in the front. The comment at the bank door of "Kiss Mine" was uncalled for, provoking and stupid. I would have said something like chill out or take a pill. The officers action afterward were also uncalled for and provoking. At that point, after the OP left the bank, everything is on the officer.***** I am unsure if I would have given him my license without questioning why and would have not after his poor explanation. I at that point would have called the police myself and asked for a more level headed officer, knowing that there is no guarantee of that. I have gotten 911 tapes through the reedomof informatin act. Real simple, go ask at the village hall, fill out a basic form give it to them and they will call when it comes in. In my case the police refused to turnover the tape because they needed to protect the "integrity" of the 911 system. Made no sense to me and after 6 yars I am still trying to get that damn tape.

The police are put in very stressful situations everyday. That is why hey are trained to deal with all kinds of people. Some are better than others while some need that be in such a position, EVER. This officer needs some more training and both parties need some anger management.

Me

***** The original OP post has been deleted....however, I recall her making another 'provoking' comment to the officer on the way out of the bank......then is when he approached her car.....I could be mistaken about that.:shrug

LuvBigRip
01-23-2009, 02:07 PM

Honestly, if you talked even a little bit to this officer they way you have spoken to the people here who only offered their opinions to what you posted, well then, I have to believe that you were rude, disrespectful and he had every right to ask for your information. I'd wish you luck, but I just cannot make myself do that. Why? Because IMO, I doubt this all went down like you said. I believe that most of this is blown out of proportion. By you. Even if the charges are NOT dropped, somehow, I doubt you would let us know as that would let us say we told you so. Like that is going to happen.

When someone says they have the 911 tapes, I would think it means they have them. Not that they anticipate the 911 tapes will verify their side.

ETA: Your repeated use of the word DUH leads me to believe you really are as immature as you acted, if this is true.

freeby4me
01-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Plus they could have been using that time in between the incident and the charges being brought, to look at the surveillance tapes and see how everything happened. Just because they didn't charge you right that minute doesn't mean it wont stick. I don't think there is any statute of limitations on assault charges.

Just another reason to have a lawyer with you tomarrow. For all you know, they'll arrest you as soon as you walk through the door.

Njean31
01-23-2009, 02:09 PM
WOW thanks for the great comment! I'm so glad you want me to be charged. I should made the same nasty comment to you next time something bad happens to you or your family!!

sorry you feel that way. i've already went through hopefully enough crap in my life. i try to avoid trouble, not induce it.

missteena
01-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Are we seriously still talking about this?

whatever
01-23-2009, 02:11 PM

Personally I'm shocked she wasn't charged. If it happened EVEN like she said. If there is more of a middle it would probably be worse. And the resisting for not giving up keys , license, etc ...
furthermore she asked for advice, many gave her great advice. LAWYER!
So I agree You never know what comments your going to get here. Many different personalites. But you asked for Advice and you got some great ones IMO.

Eyore
01-23-2009, 02:11 PM
I have to agree I think you handled the whole situation badly. That being said, don't you have a son to raise? What happens to him if you are jailed by some chance. I'm sure you love and care for your son, but you need to think of him before going off on a cop.

whatever
01-23-2009, 02:12 PM
D O N E!

Post all the nasty comments you want..I asked for suggestions not comments!

I shouldn't have posted a personal thing in such a place to begin with! Knowing that some people can be down right nasty even when they don't know the whole story or they assume what they want too! I KNOW the charges with be droped plain and simple! I truly believe that!!

ARe you gonna tell us if they are?

missteena
01-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Oh..apparently we are.

Carry on I suppose....

LuvBigRip
01-23-2009, 02:14 PM
ARe you gonna tell us if they are?

Or will she tell us if they are not.

IthinkNOT!
01-23-2009, 02:15 PM
***** The original OP post has been deleted....however, I recall her making another 'provoking' comment to the officer on the way out of the bank......then is when he approached her car.....I could be mistaken about that.:shrug
Yes there was another comment, something about "how inconvenient" or something along those lines when she came out of the bank....

IthinkNOT!
01-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by DezaRay24 View Post
D O N E!

Post all the nasty comments you want..I asked for suggestions not comments!

I shouldn't have posted a personal thing in such a place to begin with! Knowing that some people can be down right nasty even when they don't know the whole story or they assume what they want too! I KNOW the charges with be droped plain and simple! I truly believe that!!

If you all of a sudden disappear we will know that you are prolly serving some time...

IthinkNOT!
01-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Or will she tell us if they are not.
prolly not...

galeane29
01-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Are we seriously still talking about this?
http://disfunctional.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/popcorn1.jpg

I'll share......LOL

Anig2u
01-23-2009, 02:18 PM
I think you were wrong in what you did. End of story.

galeane29
01-23-2009, 02:19 PM
I think you were wrong in what you did. End of story.

:itsme:Hi Gina

msginna
01-23-2009, 02:23 PM
you disobeyed a lawful order from a police officer. You as stated before are lucky you weren't thrown in jail, PERIOD. IT ISN'T UP TO YOU TO DECIDE WEATHER YOU SHOULD HAVE TO GIVE AN ID OR NOT. I AM SORRY YOU DON'T LIKE THAT BUT THAT IS THE LAW.

BEING NASTY TO A POLICE OFFICER DIDN'T HELP YOU AND WILL ONLY HURT YOU IN COURT.

"Oh my Freakin He!! People you act like I meant to hit him with the door!!!! he was moved out of the way like I said the door barely even got him and I didn't do it on purpose!!! "

IT DOESN'T MATTER :( IT IS ASSUALT ON A POLICE OFFICER, AND BE THANKFUL YOU AREN'T IN JAIL. HE MUST HAVE KNOWN YOU DIDN'T DO IT ON PURPOSE AND THAT IS WHY YOU ARE FREE NOW BECAUSE OTHERWISE YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN IN JAIL. HE MUST HAVE HAS SOME GOOD FAITH IN YOU. I DUNNO WHY BECAUSE YOU ARE VERY ANGRY AND DISRESPECTED HIM EVERY STEP OF THE WAY.

Anig2u
01-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Hey girl how ya doing?:)

WVCindy
01-23-2009, 02:31 PM
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j235/melalka/Cartman.jpg

msginna
01-23-2009, 02:33 PM
can I thank that a bunch of times?

Njean31
01-23-2009, 02:57 PM
DezaRay24 wow ty for your jerk comment next time you have bad luck i wish more bad luck to you!!!!! wanted to add this is rep dezaray left for me. i did not leave it for her. just wanted to clarify.

thanks for the rep dezaray but i didn't wish any of this on you. and your trouble don't have anything to do with luck, just lack of respect. maybe you should give those balls back to your boyfriend or any other man in your vicinity.

speedygirl
01-23-2009, 03:00 PM
DezaRay24 wow ty for your jerk comment next time you have bad luck i wish more bad luck to you!!!!!

Wow, I've stayed out of this thread but that's just plain nasty wishing bad on someone and not a very mature thing to do.

IthinkNOT!
01-23-2009, 03:11 PM
maybe you should give those balls back to your boyfriend or any other man in your vicinity.

I can't thank you enough for that! Even though I did spray mountain dew on my screen!

April78945
01-23-2009, 03:23 PM
See THIS is someone who doesn't take opinions well. Good god.

I don't get why it was such an inconvience to walk, what, 20 ft to the bank? Ya ya I know..it was closed DUH..but once the teller came and let you in you should have just did your business and got in your car. But noooooo, you had to give one more "what an inconvience" shot at him.

It's lame. You were wrong.

Urban Cowgirl
01-23-2009, 03:27 PM
I am in WV, have only been to Maine once that was when I was in middle school :)

LOL Well if that is you in the pic, far left, then you left your twin here. LOL

freeby4me
01-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Didnt anyone save a screen shot of what the first post said?

Urban Cowgirl
01-23-2009, 03:44 PM
maybe you should give those balls back to your boyfriend or any other man in your vicinity.

I can't thank you enough for that! Even though I did spray mountain dew on my screen!

Yeah, Can we see your license to carry balls like that?

fairydana
01-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Yeah, Can we see your license to carry balls like that?

OMG! Now that made me spit Mtn dew all over the place!!

whatever
01-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Didnt anyone save a screen shot of what the first post said?

I thought someone had it in quotes, but all I could find was this in Bliss's.
I know this is not all of it however.......
I wanted suggestions

Well here is the KICKER IN THE A$$!!!! I’m being charged with assaulting and officer!!! With what??? My car door??? I’m sooooooooo livid!!

Well that night I went home and my hand swelled up pretty bad but not to where you could see it in photos I could just feel it when I made a fist and I had a bruise and a bump above my pointer finger, and my wrist and middle and pointer finger hurt really bad. I did go to the doctor they took X-rays but didn’t find any fractures and think that the damage is muscle and tissue damage mostly. Well, they wrapped my hand in a bandage and gave me pain killers and a anti inflammatory.

Well, I want to file charges back on the officer for assaulting me as well as file a formal complaint against him. I think he went over and beyond and just got down right Psycho and big headed about being a cop!

There are so many things he could and should have done different. Ya I’m not saying me telling him to “Kiss Mine” was all that appropriate but it could have been nipped in the butt with him saying “hey I don’t appreciated your comment to me”.

MsLynn
01-23-2009, 05:05 PM
can't wait to see how she talks to the judge, LMAO THAT WOULD BE FUN TO WATCH.. anyone live close that can go to court that day?? lmao its all public record

ahippiechic
01-23-2009, 05:09 PM
If I have to edit anything else, I'll give infractions.

MsLynn
01-23-2009, 05:23 PM
[QUOTE=DezaRay24;96093144]

[QUOTE]

his car did not have to be facing yours or behind yours for his mic to pick up EVERYTHING that was said..

ahippiechic
01-23-2009, 05:37 PM
his car did not have to be facing yours or behind yours for his mic to pick up EVERYTHING that was said..

We always had the lapel mics.

MsLynn
01-23-2009, 05:39 PM
We always had the lapel mics.

thats what alot of people don't understand just cause the car isn't facing you doesn't mean that whats being said isn't being recorded. so many reports like this one (true or not) were being filed they had to do it. sometimes it saves the officers, other times it buries him.

mom_i_am
01-23-2009, 05:40 PM
:ziplip :backaway

MsLynn
01-23-2009, 05:42 PM
:ziplip :backaway

apparently mom_i_am is the only smart one here, lmao

Jackie_Blu
01-23-2009, 06:29 PM
DezaRay24 wow ty for your jerk comment next time you have bad luck i wish more bad luck to you!!!!!

thanks for the rep dezaray but i didn't wish any of this on you. and your trouble don't have anything to do with luck, just lack of respect. maybe you should give those balls back to your boyfriend or any other man in your vicinity.

Love the balls comment lol

Wow, I've stayed out of this thread but that's just plain nasty wishing bad on someone and not a very mature thing to do.

Ive stayed out, too, but thought the same thing you did. Really nasty thing to say.

atprm
01-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Ok, DUH!!!

Maybe you should WRITE WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY instead of making a story up!

You wrote you had them -- then claimed you didn't (but not until two of us pointed it out).

So, "duh!!!"

You could have easily wrote "while I don't have the 911 tapes, I will have them once released when I get a subpoena to get them"

because YOU NEED TO SUBPOENA them... look that up in your dictionary (urban or websters).

No one is going to try and sit and figure out if you are speaking hypothetically or truthfully -- we are reading what you wrote, and you obviously wrote a lie!

So if that one sentence was to be interpreted as "figuratively speaking" what does that say for the rest of the post???

–adverb

kelblend
01-23-2009, 07:26 PM
You have to respect (or at least fake it well) the law even if it's an ass. I believe cops have a very hard job and the little chit probably ticks them off even more. They are working the job to keep areas safe. If nothing else, I think they should be awarded respect simply for taking the job. Seriously, you have no idea what you could have been interrupting and could be the cop was blown away that someone would ask him to move while doing his duty. Could be where the yelling came from. You could have walked away without saying kiss mine. Getting revenge usually never works anyway. It just keeps things going. I don't want to see you arrested. I don't think anyone really does as long as next time you would think twice about it.

A cop never knows whether you would take off with your door open or lock yourself in. They've seen so much and don't know anything about you, so yeah they are going to expect the unexpected.

Mini
01-23-2009, 07:48 PM
I only read about half the thread before I stopped and I really shouldnt have read that far.

DezaRay...Im not judging you at all its not my place to do that and im not taking sides. No one is perfect we all have accidents and make mistakes and those sorts of things. I hope everything turns out the way you want :)

BrightEyes
01-23-2009, 07:58 PM
LOL Well if that is you in the pic, far left, then you left your twin here. LOL

LOL those are actually my kids, except the baby, he is my grandson. My girls are 17, almost 16, 14 and 9. The baby is 8 months.

ahippiechic
01-23-2009, 09:03 PM
You said

"I also don’t know if I can charge him with anything else like trying to contain me there or forcefully taking my keys. "

He is a police officer...he can contain you and forcibly take your keys. It's not like he was just some Joe Blow. You don't get to decide if you want to show your ID or not when asked. You don't get to decide whether or not you can leave.

Maybe I should have sued the last TN State Trooper who gave me a speeding ticket! When I couldn't find my DL, that ass made me get out of my truck, searched me, then put me in the back of his patrol car while he called me in. And when I told him I was going to be late for work, he laughed and said "sucks to be you". And I couldn't really say shyt either, because if I had my DL where it belonged none of that would have happened. I got a ticket for going 75 in a 65 and one for no DL (which was dropped when I went to court after showing the judge my DL)

Shancopp
01-23-2009, 09:52 PM
how the heck did I miss this one?? crap

Bliss
01-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by DezaRay24

It's not difficult at all to understand what you actually said. How people come up with the idea you had the tapes in your possession is comical. I took what you said the way you meant it & others who didn't have selective reading understood simple english..

Your best bet is to never post anything personal or ask for advice or suggestions. You won't get suggestions on this site just opinions.

jedmatters
01-24-2009, 05:43 AM
I have a feeling the meeting is going to go something like:

We can not really discuss any of this as it is part of a pending case. If you wish to pursue this matter, you can bring it up to your attorney, and see if it is a defense in your case. At this time, any complaints filed a week after the event will be considered retaliation.
The DA will be in contact with you or your attorney, if you hire one. I can not discuss this any further.

Thank you for your time.

Then she will be asked to leave, and the event documented.

Oh, and Bliss: we offered advice: get a lawyer is serious advice.
But, with advice she also gets wisdom both from law enforcement families and those who dealt with police, or deputies.
Sometimes common sense and holding back are the best answers. This happens to have been one of them.

Also, if she did not like the fact no one gave her POOR YOU, BAD COP coddles: she really needs a lesson is life, most people can npt get pissy and get their way as adults... That is a temper fit you expect from a 3 year old. She flew off the handle here when she did not get her way, both at he cop and us.

Willow
01-24-2009, 05:50 AM

That doesn't sound like a Christian thing to do. lol

LytleMsS
01-24-2009, 05:54 AM
I just had to log in and say :thankyou once again for an exciting, interesting read. You guys are the best! :adore: :adore:
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Njean31
01-24-2009, 08:04 AM
That doesn't sound like a Christian thing to do. lol

i don't know that she is a Christian. i was a little baffled when i first saw it. i don't know why she left that rep for me. i guess she felt i was attacking her when i wasn't.

atprm
01-24-2009, 08:16 AM
I had to go check mine. LOL

nope...nada... nothing that needs to be removed. :)

pepperpot
01-24-2009, 09:14 AM
Now it makes sense.....:doh When I first read it, I thought the "wishing more bad luck" was in response to Dezray.....:doh That was the message left for Njean from Dezray...:eek:

Oy vey!:faint

LuvBigRip
01-24-2009, 09:16 AM
It's not difficult at all to understand what you actually said. How people come up with the idea you had the tapes in your possession is comical. I took what you said the way you meant it & others who didn't have selective reading understood simple english..

Your best bet is to never post anything personal or ask for advice or suggestions. You won't get suggestions on this site just opinions.

I have the 911 tapes. Present Tense. Implies that she has them, knows they are going to back her up.

I will have the 911 tapes: Future Tense. Implies that while she has not yet heard or is not yet in possession of the tapes, she believes they will back her up.

Over and over advise was given, but if you have been a member of any board, for any length of time, you know that along with advise, opinions will be given.

Comply, then file a complaint.
Get a lawyer
Seek anger management
Grow up

All could be construed as either advise or opinion depending on how the OP takes it. If the OP only anticipated advise like, sue the cops, those dirty *******s....then anything less would be taken in as opinion.

Njean31
01-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Now it makes sense.....:doh When I first read it, I thought the "wishing more bad luck" was in response to Dezray.....:doh That was the message left for Njean from Dezray...:eek:

Oy vey!:faint

i thought that people might think i left that for her. no, she left it for me. i do not leave derogatory rep, only good rep! actually, i rarely even use the rep thing.

BlueBerriTerri
01-24-2009, 10:46 AM
DezaRay, I'm sorry that this happened to you. I'm really not making any judgments either way, but for obvious reasons it is usually best to keep your head and let others lose theirs. I am certainly a believer in nonconfrontational encounter, especially with the police. They have the upper hand, and unless you can keep your cool, smile, and look like an angel before they slam you to the pavement for disrespecting them under your breath (that'd look good on video, wouldn't it?) then your best bet is to toe the line.

That said, cops do indeed have a really tough job to do, but I also believe that some don't handle it well. A little power CAN be a dangerous thing.
I know a Dr. from my hometown that is just horrible to his patients, even going so far as to curse them out, belittle them, etc. The problem is that no one bothers to file formal complaints when these things happen. These become part of a record and if we all took the time to religiously bring bad behavior of public servants to light, it would make things a lot easier for people who subsequently have to deal with these alleged abusers.

If you really think that you did nothing wrong, write a letter to the editor of your local paper and to your local tv stations. Negative public relations are not good for police and Sheriff's departments, but you want to make certain that your own behavior is above reproach and will not come back to bite you in the a**. You pretty much have to have a visible halo, because "the public" has a tendency to be self-righteous, harsh, and unforgiving and has been known to judge just as much on appearance as the actual facts.

Willow
01-24-2009, 12:45 PM
i don't know that she is a Christian. i was a little baffled when i first saw it. i don't know why she left that rep for me. i guess she felt i was attacking her when i wasn't.

She has talked about her faith in some of her other posts. I believe one thread that she started contained her testimony.

WtPlover
01-24-2009, 03:13 PM
This is the weekend and I just have to wonder what happened did she go to court or is it still to come I still think she was lucky she didn't get maced, tazed, and shot I will chose the latter and keep my big mouth shut lmao
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii188/Poohlover92499/pooh-99.jpg

msmom79
01-24-2009, 03:16 PM
Like I Stated Earlier I Believe ,her And The Officer Were Wrong.but She Should Have Went On Her Merry Way,when The Officer Said He Was Working/busy Writing A Ticket? Now As Far As Posting On The Board,we All Know That Not Everyone Is Gonna Agree With Us-so You Should Just Take Things With A Grain Of Salt.people Are Going To Give You Advice If You Ask For It,in The Terms Of "suggestions".but They Are Also Going To Give You Advice And Their Opinions.so If You Dont Want To Hear The Good With The Bad-then Dont Post A Topic That Asks For "suggestions"--so Put Your Big Girl Panties On,and Suck It Up

speedygirl
01-24-2009, 03:31 PM
i thought that people might think i left that for her. no, she left it for me. i do not leave derogatory rep, only good rep! actually, i rarely even use the rep thing.

I knew what you meant, I hope you didn't think my message about it be immature was left at you, lol. I knew that it was a rep that your copied. :)

galeane29
01-24-2009, 05:32 PM
Are we gonna have to send her well wishes in jail?

Jenefer3
01-24-2009, 05:35 PM
Well she logged in today, so so far she's not in jail. I really hope it turns out for the best.

missteena
01-24-2009, 05:58 PM
I hope everyone is this nice to me if I ever face a similar situation. :lol

freeby4me
01-24-2009, 06:06 PM

Only the truth right LOL

Honestly, this is one of the things I like about this place. With family, you go to them with something and you want honest answers, not a kiss butt "oh you're so wonderful blah blah blah" stuff. You want the truth and it takes a real friend to stand up and say "Ok lady, what the heck were you thinking".

msmom79
01-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Only the truth right LOL

Honestly, this is one of the things I like about this place. With family, you go to them with something and you want honest answers, not a kiss butt "oh you're so wonderful blah blah blah" stuff. You want the truth and it takes a real friend to stand up and say "Ok lady, what the heck were you thinking".

very well said!!!!!

WtPlover
01-24-2009, 06:37 PM
I am not poking fun or making lite of a very serious situation but do you think this makes more sense now that she has got her butt in a sling

"I was going to conquer the world but I got distracted by a fight with a cop" lmao

kidzpca
01-24-2009, 07:48 PM
And I thought my middle name was "Drama"....and I still missed it. Darn.

vicky122
01-24-2009, 07:50 PM

Oh don't worry I am sure one day it will happen.:rofl:

atprm
01-24-2009, 08:04 PM
And I thought my middle name was "Drama"....and I still missed it. Darn.

you are a couple days late, and she edited her OP twice -- with the final edit being totally deleted, but save for the quote button, most of it is still here because she couldn't delete those posts...

I am sure you can get a gist of the situation though in the first few pages.

meltodd69
01-24-2009, 08:10 PM
I hope everything turns out OK

Bliss
01-24-2009, 09:16 PM
I have the 911 tapes. Present Tense. Implies that she has them, knows they are going to back her up.

I will have the 911 tapes: Future Tense. Implies that while she has not yet heard or is not yet in possession of the tapes, she believes they will back her up.

Who cares how she explained it, most people knew what she meant, otherwise there would have been 30 posts made within the first couple pages b*tching about it. IMO - I think it was used to continue the b*tching to make people look big & important.

msginna
01-24-2009, 09:41 PM
I thought it meant she had the tapes, plain and simple that is what she said, but didn't sit there and think ohhh she might not really mean she has them. I was more focussing on how she treated the officer, and a lot of people are going to complain about that, most people who respect the law will as she didn't respect the law or the officer. this whole thing seems kinda shady.

****have had my share of run ins but I have always been respectible and never have I told a police officer off and it has always been a yes sir

pepperpot
01-24-2009, 09:47 PM
In all fairness...when she said "I have the 911 tapes" (going from memory ;) ) it could be interpreted as "I have them on hand" or "I have them (meaning as a defense, on record) as a backup" (knowing the agency has an accessible record of it). Yes, it was stated ambiguously....but knowing you don't get any city/state agency to release them that immediately.....I figured out it was not that she had them in her possession...but that they could/can be gotten for her defense..:shrug

ilovecats
01-24-2009, 09:58 PM
:yeah I in no way think she was lying.I wouldn't have done it her way but the people who assume she is making stuff up just make me wonder what their issue is.

msginna
01-24-2009, 10:47 PM
[QUOTE=ilovecats;96094598]:yeah I in no way think she was lying.I wouldn't have done it her way but the people who assume she is making stuff up just make me wonder what their issue is.[/QUOTE

shakes her head you are entiteled to think that... no one said you couldn't have yur opinion, and I don't think you have an issue because you believe that .....stuff

Anig2u
01-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Why is everyone going on and on about this? To me it was obvious she meant that she could get the 911 tapes if she needed them. She chose to argue and fight with the officer. Anyone knows that you should always do as they say unless for some reason the officer means to harm you...which was not the case here. She asked for suggestions and advice..here is mine...next time this happens don't smart mouth the officer and do what he asks of you and there will be no problems. Good luck!!

herother
01-25-2009, 04:43 PM

But, but, but....... if the officer had of said

hey my bad.

the whole situation would have never have gotten

blowed up.

LMAO

LuvBigRip
01-26-2009, 12:10 AM
Who cares how she explained it, most people knew what she meant, otherwise there would have been 30 posts made within the first couple pages b*tching about it. IMO - I think it was used to continue the b*tching to make people look big & important.

You are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine. I first responded well into the thread, I rarely read the entire thread, just the OP and maybe a post or two before i respond. I took it to mean she had the tapes. Again, my opinion.

I think what people tend to forget is that rarely can tone be implied, and sometimes intent gets turned around with the way something is worded.

Although i got repeatedly smacked in the face with tone with the word DUH.

msginna
02-01-2009, 03:46 AM
I originally asked for an update but she prob didnt have to go to court yet,,,,

galeane29
02-01-2009, 08:54 AM
Or, behind bars?

msmom79
02-01-2009, 10:37 AM
i was wondering also!

evrita
02-01-2009, 11:03 AM
She didnt like our advise she isnt behind bars Last Activity: Today 12:38 PM

msginna
02-01-2009, 11:25 AM
lol not yet at least... maybe she will get lucky too... hopefully that will be one lessoned learned if she doesn't

friend6040
02-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Why is everyone going on and on about this? To me it was obvious she meant that she could get the 911 tapes if she needed them. She chose to argue and fight with the officer. Anyone knows that you should always do as they say unless for some reason the officer means to harm you...which was not the case here. She asked for suggestions and advice..here is mine...next time this happens don't smart mouth the officer and do what he asks of you and there will be no problems. Good luck!!

I totally agree with you on this issue.

MsLynn
02-02-2009, 07:29 AM
we will probably never know what happens. they want answers/advice but when its not what they want to hear, they delete what they can and go on and we never get updated.

Katt
02-02-2009, 07:37 AM
I doubt I would update. Even if I agreed with her, it would be futile on part to come back to the thread...then we have 40+ pages of argueing and *****ing. Hell, I think she did the right thing and moved on. I honestly don't think anyone cares about it, unless 1. They are friends and are actually worried, or 2. Want to prove their point so it can all start up again with the "I told you so's"

If the horse keeps getting beaten, even the glue factory won't take it. Sheesh

Georgiamom
02-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Well after reading this and working in law enforcement 12 years both county and municipal and dealing with state officers and being the sister of a victim of killed by a drunk driver that was a law enforcement officer I can say I see it many different ways. I say she needs a lawyer, she needs to get in car camera tapes, video tapes from the bank and any eye witness. I have seen officers go bad. Where I work I have seen 7 go bad and get arrested from stealing to spousal abuse to abusing their badge on the streets. Job stress can make them say and do things very inappropriate. I have been treated and spoken to in many ways that I wouldnt wish on anyone. I have learned it's just a job and I am just a civilian in law enforcement and I just get that check and deposit it every Friday. I do tell anyone that I know that gets in trouble hire an attorney. Use the system that is what it is for. They do make mistakes just like everyone else. They arent above the law either and they will eventually will get caught you see it all the time. Yes what she did might have been wrong but his attitude may have contributed with why she did it the way she did. We had a situation where an officer move a persons car with out the person approval they thought it was stolen. When they realized the officer just moved it out of the way they went balistic and he arrested them for yelling at him for disorderly conduct then obstruction of officer. The city was almost sued. The police department to keep from being sued dropped the charges and the officer was fired. Yep he was let go. Later he was hired a back a few months later only to be fired again for another complaint. He hasnt been able to keep a job. Some people arent meant to be police officers.

DezaRay24
04-24-2009, 09:15 PM
BUMP posted update

pepperpot
04-24-2009, 09:21 PM
where?

ahippiechic
04-24-2009, 09:22 PM
Not here, lol!

gmyers
04-24-2009, 09:22 PM
where?

Its in the first post of this thread.

baragabrat
04-24-2009, 09:26 PM
Well, I'm happy it all worked out for you, but had it been me, I would have gotten a lawyer because I would have been scared out of my panties!

gmyers
04-24-2009, 09:28 PM
Glad it worked out for you.

ahippiechic
04-24-2009, 09:28 PM
its in the first post of this thread.

omg lmao!

pepperpot
04-25-2009, 06:56 AM
:rolling: I guess that means you can do it all over again.........

Just thought I would do a bit of updating since I was thinking about all this today.

Well, after many, many conversations with the boss of the cop & others they have basically dropped ALL charges or should I say I was NEVER charged with ANYTHING since he couldn't prove that I did anything wrong. I never got a lawyer and didn't ever need one as I knew I didn't do anything that wrong to make the cop flip put on me the way he did.

:doh

*Consider yourself very lucky :agree you got away......it might not turn out for you so well...next time.... I think you will face something similar again someday, as you still think you were 'right'...:headshake:..lesson not learned. :(

freeby4me
04-25-2009, 07:16 AM

*Consider yourself very lucky :agree you got away......it might not turn out for you so well...next time.... I think you will face something similar again someday, as you still think you were 'right'...:headshake:..lesson not learned. :(

I agree totally. Your behind GOT VERY LUCKY. Next time (and it appears there will be a next time) you may not get lucky. I'd watch your p's and q's.

gravittr
04-25-2009, 09:04 AM
not good.good luck with it all

DezaRay24
04-25-2009, 11:47 AM

I agree totally. Your behind GOT VERY LUCKY. Next time (and it appears there will be a next time) you may not get lucky. I'd watch your p's and q's.

Well, to you all If you really truly knew me which its obvious you don't.... You would know that I'm a very loving and giving person. I get along with a lot of different folks. I only get confrontational when I fell like I'm being attacked just as anyone else would. I'm not the type that will let someone beat me down just because they think they have the right to do it. I'm very hard headed and stubborn but also very kind. I know there are even people I've meet over the years on this very board that would agree! You maybe not but Oh well I'm not out to be friends with everyone!

And the lesson I learned is the same....stand/stick up for yourself!! If the cops boss really thought I was in the wrong I would have been charged with at least something but I wasn't because they couldn't prove I was in the wrong other than I didn't give up my ID when asked. As far as a "next time" that your thinking will happen so soon I've gone 32 years without any bad run in's with Police sooo I don't think this is an everyday thing...

So with that all said you can try to attack my character its all good because I know who I am & I'm okie dookie being me! :star:

msginna
04-25-2009, 12:07 PM
you are very lucky to have gotten away with ATTACKING a police officer ( that we know of). WELL good for you! you got away with it AND YOU ARE OK WITH IT! and that is all that matters :)

pepperpot
04-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Well, to you all If you really truly knew me which its obvious you don't.... You would know that I'm a very loving and giving person. I get along with a lot of different folks. I only get confrontational when I fell like I'm being attacked just as anyone else would. I'm not the type that will let someone beat me down just because they think they have the right to do it. I'm very hard headed and stubborn but also very kind. I know there are even people I've meet over the years on this very board that would agree! You maybe not but Oh well I'm not out to be friends with everyone!

And the lesson I learned is the same....stand/stick up for yourself!! If the cops boss really thought I was in the wrong I would have been charged with at least something but I wasn't because they couldn't prove I was in the wrong other than I didn't give up my ID when asked. As far as a "next time" that your thinking will happen so soon I've gone 32 years without any bad run in's with Police sooo I don't think this is an everyday thing...

So with that all said you can try to attack my character its all good because I know who I am & I'm okie dookie being me! :star:

I think you just reinforced yourself. BTW no one said you were unkind, etc.

However, I do recall (you've since deleted your story) it was your mouth and your attitude that brought this upon yourself. Instead of just getting out of your car and walking into the bank, you felt the need to not once, but twice get snippy with an officer, who may or may not have deserved it, but never the less, you didn't let it go and it escalated. It's sad that you do not see that....you had a very large role in bringing this mess upon yourself. :agree And personally, I think the only 'reason' you got off is they just didn't want to be bothered or battered anymore with nonsense.....

Well, after many, many conversations with the boss of the cop & others

...seems like you wore them out and wore them down......:shrug However, you see that as vindicating yourself and reinforcing that your behavior was perfectly fine. As I said, some must learn the hard way.

Doesn't make you a bad person, I just hope no one gets hurt next time.....good luck.

Take it from someone who can be hardheaded and stubborn herself.....sometimes one must learn lessons the hard way....

Whatever............ done.

Crick
04-25-2009, 01:19 PM
I told myself to stay out of this thread however...Even though I took a much needed break from posting, I still read through BBS daily. I've followed this thread from day one and I for one will say I am in the minority. I applaud DezaRay24 for standing up for herself. I have seen too many "officers of the law" feel that they can intemidate people simply because they have a badge. I also know there are two sides to every story so without knowing the officers side, I didn't form an opinion one way or the other. Seems so many members on this board are so quick to jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts. Being a public forum everyone is entitled to their opinions. Having dealt with DezaRay24 in the past with trades, I know she is a very kind and giving person. Without being in her situation NOBODY knows how they would have reacted. I've read posts on here that IMO were much worse than what she posted but refrained from berating them. If the police thought for a minute they had a case I'm sure they would have charged DezaRay no ifs ands or butts regardless of how much she called them which enforces MY OPINION that she did not act in a melicious manner. Plus the police would have had video proof of the situation to charge DezaRay with the offenses in question.

gmyers
04-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Thats what I was thinking the video must have shown what happened and they thought they didn't have a cause to prosecute or they would have. Cops don't usually just forgive something and not press charges.

DezaRay24
04-25-2009, 02:03 PM
...seems like you wore them out and wore them down......:shrug However, you see that as vindicating yourself and reinforcing that your behavior was perfectly fine. As I said, some must learn the hard way.

I guess I should clarify this...I spoke with them a total of 6 times and all but 1 time THEY contacted me...

fleabones3
04-25-2009, 03:17 PM
I think a lot of people on this board jump on people and use the excuse its their opinion and a public thread. yes thats true but that doesnt mean its ok.

I always thought that in her situation its a good possibilty my mouth would have gone off too. I dont care if they are a cop, doesnt give them the right or ok to do and say whatever. They are people just like us, just with a badge and a gun

pepperpot
04-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Thats what I was thinking the video must have shown what happened and they thought they didn't have a cause to prosecute or they would have. Cops don't usually just forgive something and not press charges.

The video may also have captured something incriminating on the officer as well....in which case....they thought it prudent not to press charges, but that doesn't mean she was totally in the right all along and now vindicated. :shrug

No one knows for sure.....my opinion comes from how she represented her story....the officer may have been out of line (and I never said he wasn't), however, just like if you are confronted by an angry drunk (or such), it's in your (whoever's) best interest not to escalate the situation further....it's not worth it......one may 'win' the battle but lose the 'war'.

Was his supposed nastiness worth all of this? He didn't go after her initially, he just responded to her not so nicely when she wanted him to move.......but we only get one side of the story and we'll never know. :shrug

ahippiechic
04-25-2009, 04:10 PM
The video may also have captured something incriminating on the officer as well....in which case....they thought it prudent not to press charges, but that doesn't mean she was totally in the right all along and now vindicated. :shrug

No one knows for sure.....my opinion comes from how she represented her story....the officer may have been out of line (and I never said he wasn't), however, just like if you are confronted by an angry drunk (or such), it's in your (whoever's) best interest not to escalate the situation further....it's not worth it......one may 'win' the battle but lose the 'war'.

Was his supposed nastiness worth all of this? He didn't go after her initially, he just responded to her not so nicely when she wanted him to move.......but we only get one side of the story and we'll never know. :shrug

And now we have no story, so it's over, right? :D

And just a note...I've several charges on me dropped. Didn't mean I wasn't guilty, lol!

ma4angels
04-27-2009, 09:36 PM
I think a lot of people on this board jump on people and use the excuse its their opinion and a public thread. yes thats true but that doesnt mean its ok.

I always thought that in her situation its a good possibilty my mouth would have gone off too. I dont care if they are a cop, doesnt give them the right or ok to do and say whatever. They are people just like us, just with a badge and a gun

I agree