PDA

View Full Version : if you get ill easily, skip!

tljohn123
01-22-2009, 02:11 PM
sick and tired of being sick and tired. If you get sick easily, may not want to read any farther. I went to my GP today because I have had diarhea for quite some time. I go anywhere from 2-6 times a day. And it's bright yellow, watery with mucus. She tried to feel my tummy but it hurt so bad on the left side. And it also feels like I'm trying to pass a kidney stone. So I have to go for a CAT scan at 4. I'm not allowed to drink or eay anything until after it's done. And I have to wait for the results. I wish I knew what was going on. I'm on medical leave for my back again, except the doc can't figure out what's wrong. He said that I was completely fused, couldn't ask for a more perfect fusion. And there was nothing he could see on the other xrays. So I go to see a rheumatologist in a few weeks. In the mean time, I can't work until I get the green light.

I have to drink this Barium Suspension that is Banana flavored (no it ain't!). I have to drink two bottles of this crap.

Can't stand this much longer. I'm getting depressed as hell. Sick of being stuck at home. I go to the grocery store, but I have to ride the electric carts again. Can't stand on my feet more than 10 minutes before my legs give out and I'm constantly in pain. I talked to the doc about pain management, but they don't want to do that yet until they figure out what's going on.

Wonder if something was wrong elsewhere, would it cause the pain I'm having down my legs and back??

Getting ready to go, but I'll let you know what happened when I get home.

freeby4me
01-22-2009, 02:19 PM
Wow that sounds like alot to handle, Im sorry! I hope they can figure out whats wrong, let us know when you get back.

gmyers
01-22-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm sorry you're going through this I hope they find out whats wrong and make it better. Let us know how it turns out.

Army-Mom
01-22-2009, 02:43 PM
sending prayers and gentle hugs.

mom_i_am
01-22-2009, 03:04 PM
Hope they can figure out what's wrong SOON, for your sake. Hugs

BeanieLuvR
01-22-2009, 03:09 PM
I hope they find out what is wrong and that you are feeling better soon. :hug

CLARKS4
01-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Saying prayers that they find out what is wrong with you. :hug

fleabones3
01-22-2009, 03:57 PM
That sounds horrible, and I am sorry you are hurting and in pain. I hope they can figure it out soon and that you get to feeling better in every way

tljohn123
01-22-2009, 04:33 PM
well..I'm back. And they told me just to go home that there wasn't anything that needed to be taken care of immediately. I have to call the doc tomorrow. There are just some days I just want to give up. Today is one of them.

CLARKS4
01-22-2009, 05:00 PM
:hug I hope they call you soon and let you know what is going on.

tarasdream
01-22-2009, 07:18 PM
my daughter had the diarreah like that and hurt really bad she ended up in the hospital and they did test and her colon was swollen, they found out she has colitis

tljohn123
01-22-2009, 08:04 PM
I had thought about colitis as well. They set me up an appt. to see a gastro doc in two weeks. And told me to go to ER if the pain gets unbearable. I guess that doctor is out of town for awhile. *sigh*

I remember my ex SIL going thru something like this as well. She wound up with full blown Crohn's disease and also fibromyalgia. I asked the gp about that today, she said the rheumatologist would be the one to ask about that.

I still feel like crap.

missteena
01-22-2009, 08:11 PM
I have to drink this Barium Suspension that is Banana flavored (no it ain't!). I have to drink two bottles of this crap.

Oh yes I remember this "yummy" stuff from when I had a CAT scan. As if I wasn't already feeling sick enough, this stuff made me feel MUCH worse.

Good luck. Hope you get better soon and it's not something too serious.

speedygirl
01-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Good luck I understand all too well what GI problems are like. It took years to diagnose but they found out. I just had the "creamsicle" flavored one. Hah, more like schitsickle.

belle5691
01-22-2009, 10:57 PM
Im sorry you are feeling that badly. I have occasional bouts with IBS and know how miserable that is, it's hard to imagine dealing with worse issues. Feel better soon!