PDA

View Full Version : I don't even know what to say, I'm sick....

galeane29
01-22-2009, 07:35 AM
I saw this on the news this morning and it makes me soooo mad
I'm not stereotyping, this is a unedited video of rapper Jay-Z and Young Jezzy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A832RUnk6s&eurl=http://michellemalkin.com/2009/01/19/feel/&feature=player_embedded

pepperpot
01-22-2009, 08:00 AM
....it's just sickening......it's things like this that undo how far we all have come....

atprm
01-22-2009, 08:09 AM
I tried to listen to it, I really did -- it almost made my ears bleed.

JewRican
01-22-2009, 08:11 AM
Ehh, I liked it. The best part:

My president is black in fact he’s half white
So even in a racists mind hes half right
So if you got a racists mind its alright
My president is black but his house is all white
Rosa Parks sat so Martin Luther could walk
Martin Luther walked so Barack Obama could run
Barack Obama ran so all the children could fly
So Ima spread my wings you can meet in the sky

pepperpot
01-22-2009, 08:27 AM
I really like Beyonce, but knowing that she's married to this.....I have really lost some respect for her.....this is just so disturbing.....this guy is not just some local garage band....he's a major influence to our young people....absolutely a disgrace....

Renrut
01-22-2009, 08:44 AM
This song came out before he won the election. It's been on the radio here.

galeane29
01-22-2009, 09:10 AM
I'm not referring to the song. I'm talking about all of the smack they are talking before they are singing.

atprm
01-22-2009, 09:25 AM
I didn't care for the schit talk before the song either -- but then again, I don't care for the person that said it... so...

it reminds me of a song a few years ago (ok, back in around 1990) ...think the group is Public Enemy ... where they rapped about fighting the police and fight the power, and my hometown at the time (Va Beach) had the "Greek Festival" at the end of summer each year -- and they rioted in the city singing that song.

I lost respect for the style and the artists after that -- it's all violence and hatred.

found the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_t13-0Joyc)-- and it starts with a lie: that the emancipation proclaimation freed the slaves (it didn't)

and that seems TAME to the crap that is out there now.

Jackie_Blu
01-22-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm not referring to the song. I'm talking about all of the smack they are talking before they are singing.

I agree. That's disgusting and sickening..

April78945
01-22-2009, 11:52 AM
I used to love Jigga..but that was when he was young and didn't think he was the goddam ****. As for Beyonce, never liked her.

This is wrong on so many levels. Like Bush or not like Bush, he was still our president and should be somewhat respected.

gmyers
01-22-2009, 12:35 PM
I agree it was unnecessary. Just shows how childish people can be.

lizmolik
01-22-2009, 01:01 PM

janelle
01-22-2009, 01:20 PM
I want to hear what Bill Cosby has to say about it but then I can guess what he would say.

gmyers
01-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Looks like they were just partying and having a good time to me! They were speaking and singing what they felt. Some people have a different way of expressing things than others, this is just thier way of expressing themselves.

Why do people always make excuses for people when they do something wrong? You can express yourself without acting like a jerk or being childish. I guess I'll never understand it.

pepperpot
01-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Looks like they were just partying and having a good time to me! They were speaking and singing what they felt. Some people have a different way of expressing things than others, this is just thier way of expressing themselves.

:stunned

janelle
01-22-2009, 01:36 PM
The comments after the video are interesting.

galeane29
01-22-2009, 01:38 PM

They were speaking hate and since when is that having fun? If that is the way people have fun, I'm rather glad I live a boring life.

janelle
01-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Wonder how it would be taken if it was whites talking that way about Obama?

ahippiechic
01-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Wonder how it would be taken if it was whites talking that way about Obama?

They do.

gmyers
01-22-2009, 02:25 PM
I haven't heard any in real life doing that. But I know there are some.

lizmolik
01-22-2009, 02:41 PM
WOW! This is why I never post anymore. Bashed over something again! Sorry I should not have replyed! :(

pepperpot
01-22-2009, 02:55 PM
WOW! This is why I never post anymore. Bashed over something again! Sorry I should not have replyed! :(

Somehow, I do not think if it were a KKK video being blasted all over.....the attitude would be "boys will be boys", "they're just expressing themselves" and "looks like they're having fun"...... Somehow, that video, and rightfully so, would be condemned by all......

I didn't bash....I'm just stunned that anyone would think the video and it's sentiments were fine.....

galeane29
01-22-2009, 03:02 PM

Nobody bashed you. We are shocked that anyone would think it is okay to act like that.

galeane29
01-22-2009, 03:02 PM
They do.

And it's not right either.

lizmolik
01-22-2009, 03:15 PM
You don't have to agree with something to understand why something is done. I never said that I uphold what they did, I just stated what it looked like they were doing!

atprm
01-22-2009, 03:32 PM
You don't have to agree with something to understand why something is done. I never said that I uphold what they did, I just stated what it looked like they were doing!

I don't understand why it was done...

it's a hate video plain and simple.

It only has the appearance of "having fun" but it should be filed under "racist" instead.

So, if the KKK or Neo-Nazi's made a video like that it would be "having fun" too? Nah, I didn't think so -- holy hell would break loose.

Makes me glad we are hard rock / country / Euro / Trance and Techno fans.

gmyers
01-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Thats what I was thinking. KKK and other racist people think they are having fun too but that doesn't make it right. And all heck would have broke loose if they had said or done something but nothings said if the people are African American. They're just expressing their views. They need to remember that the next time the KKK does something.

pepperpot
01-22-2009, 03:43 PM
nevermind......the video is horrendous

gmyers
01-22-2009, 03:53 PM
I don't condone any racism. No matter what race it comes from. Its still racism.

WtPlover
01-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Ok so now it's time for me to say it is wrong in any language any race and if they want to show their pride in the fact that we have a black president of the united states by slamming him and having "fun" and partying like this then I for one will show my pride the good old fashion way with my head held high my hand over my heart and give our new president the respect that he is due and for the rest of those who chose otherwise hell with you