PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions?

newwiccan
01-07-2009, 08:09 AM
I've been trying for 3 days to get www.paperbackswap.com to open but keep getting "Page cannot be found". I've had friends try and it opens for them. I've cleared my history, cookies and temp. files and I still can't get it to open. I've tried it on all our computers and nothing. Any other suggestions? TIA

1luckylady
01-07-2009, 08:11 AM
Sorry I can't help but it did wirk for me. I know someone on here will be able to guide you to a solution.

Eyore
01-07-2009, 09:22 AM
Are you actually typing it in or using a bookmark? If using a bookmark try actually typing it in and see if that works. They may have moved something and now the bookmark don't work.
Also, try a search engine and put it in and see if you can get in that way.
If you are using IE try a different browser.
I can get the page to open using FF and IE.

newwiccan
01-07-2009, 09:26 AM
I've tried all of that and it still won't open. I use IE and my husband uses FF so I tried his laptop too. I also tried different search engines. I have NO clue why it won't open. Thanks for the suggestions though!

Eyore
01-07-2009, 09:28 AM
I wonder if your internet provider is blocking it for some reason. That's strange that it isn't working for you.

Eyore
01-07-2009, 09:35 AM
I don't know if this link will work but it is there feedback form
http://www.paperbackswap.com/feedback/index.php

PaperBackSwap
3651 Peachtree Parkway Suite E-390
Suwanee, GA 30024
Phone: (678) 802-1922
Fax: (678) 802-1922
Business contacts only. For help using the site or account questions, please use Feedback (http://www.paperbackswap.com/feedback/index.php).

If the link doesn't work you could still try to call them and see if they can give any suggestions.

catssass
01-07-2009, 09:38 AM
I had the same problems with IWON.COM, my IE wouldn't open it, tried FF and it wouldn't open, this went on for months, I tried it again last week and it finally opened on FF, I have no clue as to what happened, some one also told me it could be my internet providers firewall blocking it, I would just keep trying it from time to time, its sooo frustrating..

LuvBigRip
01-07-2009, 09:53 AM
I haven't had any problems getting in. I hope you get it fixed. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't swap books.

newwiccan
01-07-2009, 10:13 AM
I have a book due here any day so I NEED to be able to log in so I can mark it received. Grrrrrrr!!! My computer was fine until my husband defragged it.

LuvBigRip
01-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Can you restore it to before the defrag?

Eyore
01-07-2009, 11:16 AM
If all your computers won't let you get to the site, I don't see how defraging one computer would cause the problem. I've personally never had a problem after defraging that it kept me from getting to a site. I would ask him if he did any changing of something on the systems.

Try turning your firewall off and see if you can get to the site. If you can it is a firewall problem

newwiccan
01-07-2009, 11:27 AM
I know it's not the defrag that did it but it seems like everytime he does it something happens. LOL

If I can figure out where to find my firewall, I'll try that. I forgot to ask when my husband was home for lunch.

Eyore
01-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Your windows firewall is under control panel. But if your husband set everything up he may not be using that one. We have one on our router and we use that one and keep the windows firewall off on all our other computers.
Another thing could be your virus protection. You could try turning that off and seeing if you can get into the site with it off. If you can get into the site then it is your virus protection causing the problem.

newwiccan
01-07-2009, 12:04 PM
Grrrrrr. It's not the firewall or my virus protection. It must be something with ATT. Now I'm going to have to stop at a friend's and see if I can use their computer so I can take care of the book I received.